Monday Morning Musings: 2/7/17 Will there be a Midweek this week?

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
Alarm.gif

Do you see what time it is?
It's time to open our MidWeek Anticipation Thread.
So here goes............

I'm feeling these good vibrations, they tell me to hydrate and go to bed early tonight, so I can get up early tomorrow and hit the game. Coz I got this feeling that we're gonna have a good time...in a midweek event maybe please? Come on, feel the vibrations.........(wasn't this an orange juice commercial a few years ago?)

Who's watching the clock with me?
Waiting for word.
Will our patience pay off
Will our requests finally be heard?
Whatever it is, any event is better than none. So....dare we hope to ever again see a SYS? Where the 1st 2 prizes are TBs, and the last 2 are new clothes? Oh be still my beating heart.
heart_1.jpg

So gather round, and say something wittie.
Who says that waiting can never be pretty?

Seriously, if we have a midweek event starting tomorrow? What do YOU hope for? Or talk about anything. It's monday....grab another Starbucks, and lets get yapping. (You can do that while tapping.)

Threads open.....
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
πŸ’œVats
πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I hope SYS makes an appearance again.

If we do have a normal grinding TB week (datings, parties, gigs) I might have to sit this one out. I'm behind on storylines and just worn out from grinding in general.
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I hope SYS makes an appearance again.

If we do have a normal grinding TB week (datings, parties, gigs) I might have to sit this one out. I'm behind on storylines and just worn out from grinding in general.

I agree that it's been too long since SYS was a midweek event and I really hope it's not a TB event. Besides the fact that it's not that interesting to me, it won't do me any good other than getting some black and gold gift box items. The fact that these TB events are so repetitive is all the more reason Glu needs to do a SYS event.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I'd like a SYS with two tb boxes and two new items like the Halloween one... that would be amazing 😍😍😍
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    I can't tell you the last time I got a TB prize.( I think I got one a few weeks ago stuck in my 2nd box, which was totally a surprise. I've played forever, so the number of boxes left for me is limited. TB Boxes are another story, my TB inventory could use a boost. Specially with 3 games I try to give everythint to. Ok, totally stupid, but they're triplets, I forget who has something, put the whole outfit together, go for the final piece.....it's in her sister's closet. IRL you can try to sneak it out, but these dolls can't borrow. lol.) Anyway let me correct that...

I can't tell you the last time I finished the event. It's so grueling, especially because for the most part, getting energy and cash doesn't inspire me to grind and I give up. That's as honest as I can be.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    It would be nice to have a SYS again. I just finished my last outstanding gig so I don't really know what to do with myself lol. Reality shows outside of an event don't really interest me. I know I should be trying to get my show to the top, but it is SO FAR. Maybe I will try out the fashion house or the art gallery. I never really do any of the weekly gigs associated with properties.
    But I have to clarify, I start out with enthusiam and eagerness, and enjoy the tapping. Then I kind of slip out quietly when I quit the event. I'm still in the game but I do other stuff. I really need to get my ice club/design house/scl finished. And, did you notice the name of our clubs are back? Gotta go Praise the Glu Gods.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Julesmo wrote: Β»
    It would be nice to have a SYS again. I just finished my last outstanding gig so I don't really know what to do with myself lol. Reality shows outside of an event don't really interest me. I know I should be trying to get my show to the top, but it is SO FAR. Maybe I will try out the fashion house or the art gallery. I never really do any of the weekly gigs associated with properties.

Jules, what about either doing your businesses if they're timed right
    OR.......
    Check out your achievement tab. See if anything is about to pop, and then just pick Simon's side gig that work for that achievement. You could walk away with good payouts while I'm tapping for cash. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I would love a SYS event with two Throwback boxes and two pieces of clothing! Or -even better- a 5-star gig event with four Throwback boxes and a Throwback sale in our closets! One can only hope...
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Looks like we'll be partying during the 5-Star Throwback midweek event! What shall we celebrate - perhaps a birthday or anniversary?
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Looks like we'll be partying during the 5-Star Throwback midweek event! What shall we celebrate - perhaps a birthday or anniversary?

We can celebrate my birthday as it's this Friday. Hopefully Glu will give me an awesome weekend event as a gift.:)
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    OMG I love parties. Here's where I revert to child. I fill up the house with friends dolls, pair them in rooms with a little story in mind. And with so many people to invite, you can really get some fun things happening. Maybe I'll screenshot one and run the storydown tomorrow. I'm not the only one who does this I know....

Ok, so I like parties. Lets have fun doing it. Like I'll say.....If you want to come to my party, dress in blue. then I run down my friends, and if they're in blue I put them in the party. We could really have fun doing this. Ok, too much caffeine? Yeah, I better back off the Monster Energy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    We can celebrate my birthday as it's this Friday. Hopefully Glu will give me an awesome weekend event as a gift.:)

Yay! We will have an weekend event/birthday thread! Those are always fun!
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    If only it as an actual THROWBACK event. One throwback box is not or should not be considered a throwback event. I never get to finish them
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Koko, your iOS doll, Koko Kokonut, shows up for me as a brand new player. 0 fans and generic looking lol. Idk if that is the same issue as having the dolls frozen?
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: Β»
    If only it as an actual THROWBACK event. One throwback box is not or should not be considered a throwback event. I never get to finish them
    Yeah, I know full well I'm never going to be able to open another throwback box again with the way things are set up, so it's a little like rubbing salt in the wound on top of being misleading. I mean, there are TWO black boxes - why isn't it a black box event if that's the naming criterion? Also, the option to buy throwback boxes isn't really a throwback sale. Putting throwback items in the closet for a couple days so we can buy them is a throwback sale.
    Iolanthe Β· level 35 Β· A+++
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh no she mentioned Starbucks when the most nearby store is like a 2h flight from here! *sigh* it's so hot today, getting their refresher would make the happiest guy in this world.

Julesmo wrote: Β»

Jules
    I'm trying to PM you for a while, but you need to clean up your box first.

I also finished the storyline gigs (short update:(), and yeah I'm already bored, I don't feel willing to work on achievements unless we have something else (storylines or events) to help leveling up on them.

LindaVB wrote: Β»
    I would love a SYS event with two Throwback boxes and two pieces of clothing! Or -even better- a 5-star gig event with four Throwback boxes and a Throwback sale in our closets! One can only hope...

I don't know how much more time they'll make us implore to finally release these throwback items at the store. I'm becoming impatient and this is BAD!

Meh-Boo-Ugh-Ew...party mid-week! My complaints stops here cause I'm a cheap wh0re and I'll sucked it until I swallow it lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: Β»
    Oh no she mentioned Starbucks when the most nearby store is like a 2h flight from here! *sigh* it's so hot today, getting their refresher would make the happiest guy in this world.

Jules
    I'm trying to PM you for a while, but you need to clean up your box first.

I also finished the storyline gigs (short update:(), and yeah I'm already bored, I don't feel willing to work on achievements unless we have something else (storylines or events) to help leveling up on them.

I just emptied it! Sorry bout that. I wish we could have more than 50 messages.
  • Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I hate parties especially for a TB event. It takes a whole bar of energy to complete a 3-hour party and we get very little event points. It takes so long that I can never get the TB box. I wish Glu would decrease the number of event points or change it to the old way where there were 4 TB boxes instead of just one. It just doesn't feel like Throwback Event when there's only one throwback box. Sigh.
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    I think I might sit out this midweek tbh. Not a huge fan of midweek party events and it's just not worth it for only one TB box. Still don't agree with the naming of this event but oh well. One TB box does not constitute a TB Event for me but to each his own.
    bladeoo wrote: Β»
    Koko, your iOS doll, Koko Kokonut, shows up for me as a brand new player. 0 fans and generic looking lol. Idk if that is the same issue as having the dolls frozen?

slowly, my go friends have me turning to a purple stone star and gasp...basic looks. However, if we connect via Fb,, you'll get Koko with a lot of stars and frozen Premium look. Eventually, That Koko will unfreeze. The basic doll will hopefully drop off soon. Let me dig up the link for anyone who finds me in basic free start the game clothessomwe can connect via Fb. When Glu is a little less slammed, I'll ask them to find out about this. In the meantime, let's try FB. I have a few suddenly turning purple stone dolls. Brb
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I will not grind
    I will not grind
    I will not grind

Maybe I will grind a little bit :p

Last party event I quit at the gold box so I'll probably do the same.
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I'm happy to reach the 300 points mark when it comes to party midweek events. Too exhausting. I'm not ready.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Will I grind this time just to find my gold box full of VIP partnerships that I can't have?
    Because that's what is going to happen, so I'm sitting out, hate parties and hate getting energy and Kash and I don't think I stand a chance at anything else...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Oh, it's a party midweek event.
    That's a really good combination β€”β€”β€” PARTY + (busy) MIDWEEK .......... like UGH
    Party midweek events are SOOO nice tumblr_inline_mp3168Plle1qz4rgp.gif because I have tiiime to do a lot of storyline gigs!
    Most people despise Party Midweek Events so I just don't understand why you guys still do this. SMH tumblr_inline_mrj6r8cfVz1qz4rgp.gif
    Bring back SYS (2 TB boxes + 1 clothing + 1 hairstyle!!!!) please? Thank you~ tumblr_inline_mrp139oy9S1qz4rgp.gif
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • CloudyPianoCloudyPiano Registered Users 24 Posts
    Cool, I don't mind party events. Easy way to rack up fans, which I need after changing my name and dropping from #1 to #150 instead of paying the stars to avoid that. Lesson learned. It's taken me forever to get to #2 and now I need just under 50 million to dethrone Willow as #1.

Have to just say the petty feuds are a turn off to me anymore. When given the chance I take the forgiveness or teamwork options with those characters. Life's too short for hate even in a game. ✌️
    Decided to take the plunge and use my g-mail to make a second facebook..........
    ;)

Andrzej! you have to tell us what platform and thus can't go here. I have to move or delete it. ;( Gifting and friends, or put it in your signature.

i deleted it for now, tell me your platform and I'll move it but let me know what you want to do. Sorry.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Andrzej! you have to tell us what platform and thus can't go here. I have to move or delete it. ;( Gifting and friends, or put it in your signature.

i deleted it for now, tell me your platform and I'll move it but let me know what you want to do. Sorry.

oh no, my apologies! my platform is android. I'll be sure to add it to my signature too, once I figure out how to do that LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    oh no, my apologies! my platform is android. I'll be sure to add it to my signature too, once I figure out how to do that LOL

To add a signature first go to your settings. Under there you will see 'signature'. There you will be able to type whatever you want but there's a word limit. You can also click 'preview signature' to view your signature before you submit it.
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    To add a signature first go to your settings. Under there you will see 'signature'. There you will be able to type whatever you want but there's a word limit. You can also click 'preview signature' to view your signature before you submit it.

ok, so I think I did that part properly but it still isn't showing when I post? hrm....

ETA: nevermind, it is LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I hate parties especially for a TB event. It takes a whole bar of energy to complete a 3-hour party and we get very little event points. It takes so long that I can never get the TB box. I wish Glu would decrease the number of event points or change it to the old way where there were 4 TB boxes instead of just one. It just doesn't feel like Throwback Event when there's only one throwback box. Sigh.
    Agreed. I don't even participate in mid week events because my game only offers a kstar at the end of it, because I have all the throwback items they're offering. I'm still missing soooooo many things though so I hope the game finally starts offering those items soon.

Some of you may know that my game was frozen throughout January.... Most upsetting and frustrating. Thankfully updating my game fixed it! I gifted a few of you some lovely Valentine's Day items, unfortunately there's an issue with my friends list and a lot of people are still missing, hopefully that gets fixed too.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh