Monday Morning Musings: 2/7/17 Will there be a Midweek this week?

Comments

• Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    For me at least, the Android games pay no sales tax, just the iOS. I found that out the hard way too Ladouce.

Is that so? I hope it's the same case here I'm so used to apple charging me for the tax in my old device. thanks for informing me :)
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Ugh I was on bed rest, too.

Just collected my Gold box and look what's inside ... :rolleyes:

eZUzm1Q.jpg
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • xxxnarwalsxxxxxxnarwalsxxx Registered Users 54 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    Which box was this? There are so many items!

I ended up grinding as I wasn't feeling well either and ended up just hanging out on the couch, and both black boxes contained zero items only energy, Kash and KStars :(

It was the first black box.

I usually get an item in the boxes. I don't know if it's because I didn't play for so long or what.
    ​Android Player
    Add on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brittany.shaw0701
    KKH: Charlotte, lvl. 30, A+List

Playing on Galaxy S8+ with Android version 7.0 (until I get a new tablet)
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    Ugh I was on bed rest, too.

Just collected my Gold box and look what's inside ... :rolleyes:

eZUzm1Q.jpg
    It was the first black box.

I usually get an item in the boxes. I don't know if it's because I didn't play for so long or what.

I'm glad these posts are next to each other. I feel like I'm still trying to figure KKH out, always. Could it be, Bilal, that you have been playing KKH for a fairly long time and have a majority of the items? That is the worst box. I'm so sorry. :(
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Thank you, sweetie, slept a lot today, so I'm feeling a little better now!So I looked up the Throwback items I'm still missing and it's 22 (11 hairstyles, 5 pieces of clothing, 5 pieces of accessoiries and Nai's fangs)!! So I'm almost there!!!

This is great to hear! And wow just 22?

My number is much higher than that, probably on the hundred house.
    We're all very ho-hum about this midweek, aren't we?

Uhum, I got k-stars on the second box, that's nice, but that's not my goal during this mid-week events.

I complete them to get the throwback box, as I said above I have so many items left on those boxes, however my intent isn't to have the complete wardrobe, I just want to reach the final boxes to get the coveted haistyles I missed.

This is basically an impossible mission, but I feel that if I didn't try things will just be more far away to happen, you know? I refuse to buy all the way until there, so I don't have a lot of options than grind, even when I don't stand to do this anymore on these boring and frustrating mid-week events.

I can't help but feel these mid-weeks are a war between us players and Glu, they set their traps pushing on us those blind throwback boxes to be bought after we give up to grind for the almost unreachable free one. Well they must be winning, cause they're persisting on the same strategy for a long time now.

That's why I repeat a million times here to they bring back the store's throwback, with that we get the option to release ourselves of this mindslaving process lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Is that so? I hope it's the same case here I'm so used to apple charging me for the tax in my old device. thanks for informing me :)

I hope there's no tax, but Debbie downer over here has to say it might have to do with location as well. So while Google can'take collect sales tax in NY online, I don't know if it charges tax elsewhere .
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    I'm loving throwing parties in the Venice house :) I'm not a fan of all the rooms in Calabasas, so fitting 7 guests in 2 rooms is awesome.
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Miimoliin wrote: »
    I'm loving throwing parties in the Venice house :) I'm not a fan of all the rooms in Calabasas, so fitting 7 guests in 2 rooms is awesome.

I think so too! Entering all four rooms in Calabasas house makes me feel dizzy and it's really inconvenient imho... but still it's useful for accommodating lots of people.But btw Miimoliin, have you gotten any luxe goal offer from Maria before buying the Venice house? And if so, how many kstars did she offer??
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Syndra x wrote: »
    I think so too! Entering all four rooms in Calabasas house makes me feel dizzy and it's really inconvenient imho... but still it's useful for accommodating lots of people.But btw Miimoliin, have you gotten any luxe goal offer from Maria before buying the Venice house? And if so, how many kstars did she offer??

Nope, I didn't get a luxe goal for it. Usually the luxe goals I get for houses are for 1 kstar, but I think I saw that someone on the forum got ~14 stars back for the Venice house I think?
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Miimoliin wrote: »

Oh nice, I'll have to keep that in mind next time I buy a house.

My first box was energy and the 2nd was kash. May have been the fastest I got to the 2nd box throwing parties cause I was sooooo close to leveling up and I didn't want to have full energy. That said, probably won't have as much energy myself to go for the TB after grinding for the 3rd since i'm only at 190
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    since the last two boxes are always so out of reach for me I think I'll party to the second box tomorrow and thursday and simply call it a day. Or maybe some reality show gigs before this weekend since I impulsively bought the vienna and florence residences? LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    I really want the Venice house but should probably wait until after the next dating event or till I save more!!
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

I can't help but feel these mid-weeks are a war between us players and Glu, they set their traps pushing on us those blind throwback boxes to be bought after we give up to grind for the almost unreachable free one. Well they must be winning, cause they're persisting on the same strategy for a long time now.

Oh this makes so much sense! I kept wondering why they would do it when everyone is just complaining but now I get it.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Detective Vatsey striked again :cool:

I never bought a TB box and I never will. If I end up getting the green feather boa for 60 Kstars I'm shooting myself.
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I got K-stars in my first three boxes, yay! Now I'm tapping my way towards my throwback box!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Congrats Linda! Wish I could share the same news, but I got a muse tile on my gold box.
    Lii wrote: »
    Oh this makes so much sense! I kept wondering why they would do it when everyone is just complaining but now I get it.
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Detective Vatsey striked again :cool:I never bought a TB box and I never will. If I end up getting the green feather boa for 60 Kstars I'm shooting myself.

Hahaha, nah this is just old psychology. The game is our Skinner's box, no pun intended, and our brains are always seeking to be rewarded, so we tap, tap, tap, and when we get krap stuff we still want to feel rewarded then 'hey I could just buy a box...maybe another...one more time' and there we go right into their 'trap'. Tons of games work like that though.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I read this after I return from buying gift cards. Lol. I'm weak. But right now everyone has new hair and clothes and I Do feel great. But I smoked and that was killing me. So the game gave me a little something to occupy my formerly smoking fingers. And I spent more on cigarettes. So that's how it all balances out in my little world. You have to have some fun. It's like that old Adam Ant song Goody two Shoes..." don't drink don't smoke. What do you do? "

Happy Wednesday! That means a glimpse into the weekend stuff tomorrow!!! (If the glugods smile upon us)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Detective Vatsey striked again :cool:

I never bought a TB box and I never will. If I end up getting the green feather boa for 60 Kstars I'm shooting myself.

Hahaha that is so true! I can feel safe buying a box here and there, since I have already gotten the boa and also that shamrock ring. Nothing could be as bad as those!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I wasn't going for the gold box but I just won 25 k-stars in my second box and now I'm torn :( I'm pretty sure it's going to be a dating weekend though so I should probably do some storylines to get some cash.
    I'm still on the kash train :/ Got kash in all 3 boxes, grr!
    Hey, I'm Laura!

• xxxnarwalsxxxxxxnarwalsxxx Registered Users 54 Posts
    Narrowly dodged energy and cash! The outfit looks like a raincoat but I'd take that over energy and cash.
    Screenshot_20170208-064124_zpsnadl1q5q.png
    ​Android Player
    Add on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brittany.shaw0701
    KKH: Charlotte, lvl. 30, A+List

Playing on Galaxy S8+ with Android version 7.0 (until I get a new tablet)
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    My first two boxes were energy and my gold box was a partnership tile-- i hope i get a really good item in my tb box! i haven't gotten a partnership tile in a while, though, because my daily boxes are full of vip tiles, which i can't collect anyway. :/
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Okay, as I said above, I haven't gotten anything exciting in my midweek boxes yet, but I did just complete the Alejandro's Partnership set in my daily box, so I got the dress! Here is Everly in Havana with LantsPants' Sebastian, since he was dressed appropriately for the Cuban heat!

vMyo5cC.jpg
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    Okay, as I said above, I haven't gotten anything exciting in my midweek boxes yet, but I did just complete the Alejandro's Partnership set in my daily box, so I got the dress! Here is Everly in Havana with LantsPants' Sebastian, since he was dressed appropriately for the Cuban heat!

vMyo5cC.jpg

Oh my goodness, we look so great! I love that hair!
    I still need a few of the valentine box items. :(
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I got kash in both of my black boxes, and don't have time to grind up to the gold box tomorrow (I can never get to the TB box during a party midweek event anyway) - so a pretty disappointing week, but I'm hoping the Valentine's event will more than make up for it!
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    I'm sick of how points are occasionally lowered and then randomly shoot back up again. Oh my god. Pick one or the other. Surely everyone wants the smaller breakdown.

xhlj53n.png

It's back. Why. Why can they not release two versions of this with and without the coat
    :confused: :mad: Not taking a chance on those throwback boxes either.
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Is anyone else going to make it to the Throwback box? I have three parties and seven hours to go. All this tapping is killing me, but I think I'm going to make it. There's too much snow coming down here to leave the house, I've got a ton of laundry to do and I'm binge-watching Empire on Hulu. I hope I get something in my TB box that makes the effort seem worth it.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    The d@nm boxes:
    KV6YCxq.png?1
    ywswknn.png?1
    deouNwz.png?1
    lzayjWT.png?1

I feel you Charlotte! All the work and I got that Valentine's Day tattoo with two years of delay.:eek:

Good luck with yours!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Oh no Vats! At least it's appropriately timed....
    I also had the worst week. I know I said I wouldn't play (ooops) but then I actually had a bad week and just needed something to keep me busy...
    Kinda regretted it today because I really had to grind for the box (it's almost bedtime for me so I don't really have 6 hours left...)
    I got nothing in my black boxes:
    NPtXrd1.jpg
    srcznWl.jpg
    And what's even worse is, I didn't even have the chance to win something. I don't have a lot of of the black box items so I really don't know why :(
    1USsufl.jpg
    The gold box wasn't that great either....

And or you ready for the grand finale? I can tell you, I sure wasn't!
    2kHwhE7.jpg

Thankfully Koko was so kind to gift me all of the Valentines boxes so in the end, I did have a great day and got amazing new items. But I still regret participating, I should have been studying.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    Ok soooooo.... 3 boxes of kash and then got the black tights with red shoes from Halloween in my TB. I almost quit because I was so sick of looking at my phone, but I pushed through and finished.... all for a whole bunch of nothing. I will NOT do another throwback party event, and probably not another dating one if I am being honest. Can someone hold me accountable to this? Because I'm weak and will surely attempt again LOL.

Come on Glu, it is time for a weekday event revamp. You took away 3 of our 4 throwback boxes and SYS. I loved SYS, and unlike most people I did not mind paying for a clothing item. In fact I liked the idea of us all designing around one item, even though many times I hated the item :P

But seriously, no one is happy. I have refused to stop buying additional throwback boxes because I don't want to support it. Back when we got 4 throwback boxes I always bought an additional box per palette, but not anymore. I've given the game enough money, but draw the line at the **** throwback events unless something changes!
    Hey, I'm Laura!