Weekend Event 2/10/17 - Looks Like Love & Birthday Cake

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Happy B'day NQueen!

0sACoYK.jpg

I brought to you this Egyptian cake, since seems that you like the theme, hope you like it! Wishing you the best things that life can offer to you from now on!

Congrats Linda:D, as for me...
    kdRCF3p.png?1

Ugh! I was expecting to get one of the item's boxes (they look absolutely tacky together, but maybe could work with something else, also that would mean extra points) or at least k-stars.

I'm so annoyed, I almost forgot how feels like to get a krap 'prize' during weekend events (enphasis on 'almost' since I get those every mid-week), at least I dodged those for a record time, like 8 or 9 weekends.

I'm disappointed that the male prizes are so heteronormative. I usually lurk here but I was so looking forward to the Valentine's Day event and I feel so left out now. The lipstick marks and boxer print are not a part of my life since my boyfriend doesn't wear lipstick. I know male dolls often get less than the girls but this is quite a departure from this usually gay-inclusive game. I wonder if the male dolls will even get the surprise gift mentioned.

Welcome to the forum SterlingSand! OMG you said it!

I had the same thoughts when I saw the items, however we avoid to get into politics here at the forum and since this is a first occurrency and because apparently my doll is bi, I just let it go! Well done man!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I got the hair, the dress, the necklace and some cash in my boxes. I'm trying to decide if I should go for the ring. I love the way it sparkles!

I love all the boxes! Thanks Glu!

Is there a thread for the Valentine's gift boxes? I sent one to a friend, but I'm not sure if she has all the boxes or not. What happens if they have it all? Do they at least get something? I'd like to send a few more boxes to friends that I am already friends with (I can't add anyone else now).
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    WOW zitrone you sure had good luck with boxes!! I only opened 1 box and I got the ring so I'll post images later.

For the Valentine boxes, if you have all 5 items and you buy another box you get a pallet full of 20 k-stars, so you get the 20 stars regardless what box you choose :p. If some sends you a box you simple get a pop up window that gives you 5 energy (again, I can post images later).
    zitrone wrote: »
    I got the hair, the dress, the necklace and some cash in my boxes. I'm trying to decide if I should go for the ring. I love the way it sparkles!

I love all the boxes! Thanks Glu!

Is there a thread for the Valentine's gift boxes? I sent one to a friend, but I'm not sure if she has all the boxes or not. What happens if they have it all? Do they at least get something? I'd like to send a few more boxes to friends that I am already friends with (I can't add anyone else now).
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Omgggg, by two hours in I was like, Would you pay for a date already, you cheap fk! Eight a.m. and he finally kicks in. Sheesh.

At first I was like, another plastic ring? Couldn't you just give us a "real" virtual ruby? But then when I was putting it on my doll in the wardrobe I saw the little floating hearts and that's pretty cool, really nice. Glu has definitely been coming up with some fun little surprises this year. Many points scored. Especially in the wake of that disastrous WWIB epic fail.

Has anyone gotten any of the new dating gifts from their SO/one-night stands (hehhhhh) yet? Do we know what they are?
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    WOW zitrone you sure had good luck with boxes!! I only opened 1 box and I got the ring so I'll post images later.

For the Valentine boxes, if you have all 5 items and you buy another box you get a pallet full of 20 k-stars, so you get the 20 stars regardless what box you choose :p. If some sends you a box you simple get a pop up window that gives you 5 energy (again, I can post images later).

The dress is cute, if dowdy, I think; and the top with the blazer slightly matronly, imo, but it looks pretty good. I like the wild pony (ha, "wild pony") hairstyle, the shoulder bag--yay, accessories!--but yet another mom-do, which I can live without. All in all I liked this entire idea and just bought everything when it became available last week. The 20 stars is no fun--tried that twice in two days to see if the boxes would change. Obvs they don't; so I checked the cost--$2.99 USD--vs 20 K-stars and that's about right. Still, no need to go for those boxes.
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    Thanks for the spoilers Kalinda!

I'm particularly in love with the GB items for the guys especially the hair!! :D
    Not so psyched about the earnables especially the boxers and glasses lol. But the kissy cheeks are an unexpected surprise! :)
    Definitely going to be opening the boxes!! *Whoop whoop*
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Happiest birthday, NQueen!!! 🎂🎈🎁

Same, Stefan! I'm never gonna wear those boxers or glasses, but still it's fun like the Halloween costume, hehe. :p Good job, Glu!

I got cash at first, then the bag with flowers and candy!

KwuttWP.jpg
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    So about the storyline.. When Simon called me i decided to choose lingerie (i don't know why but i just went with it). Now i'm doing the first gig and guess what..... I am a couple with Willow and we are having a fight cause i'm working to much!
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Omgggg, by two hours in I was like, Would you pay for a date already, you cheap fk! Eight a.m. and he finally kicks in. Sheesh.

At first I was like, another plastic ring? Couldn't you just give us a "real" virtual ruby? But then when I was putting it on my doll in the wardrobe I saw the little floating hearts and that's pretty cool, really nice. Glu has definitely been coming up with some fun little surprises this year. Many points scored. Especially in the wake of that disastrous WWIB epic fail.

Has anyone gotten any of the new dating gifts from their SO/one-night stands (hehhhhh) yet? Do we know what they are?

Mine hasn't paid for a date yet! The first prize for the achievement *I think* is a little black dress. I haven't gotten it yet so I'm not 100% sure, but that's what I'm seeing online.

I chose the chocolate for the storyline because the "celestial" remark about the lingerie was weird lol.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm disappointed that the male prizes are so heteronormative. I usually lurk here but I was so looking forward to the Valentine's Day event and I feel so left out now. The lipstick marks and boxer print are not a part of my life since my boyfriend doesn't wear lipstick.

I know male dolls often get less than the girls but this is quite a departure from this usually gay-inclusive game. I wonder if the male dolls will even get the surprise gift mentioned.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Welcome.jpg

I just think the shorts are adorable. When you look at them, can you think of the 'lipstick' more for what it represents, kisses from our loved ones? Think of them as 'LipPrint Kisses' instead of Lipstick marks? They are just so cute, IRL, I bet your sweetie would love seeing you standing there in your shorts, whether they are lipstick wearing or just love their bu. :)

Nice to meet you, and I'm not saying you can't feel as you do, I'm just the forum cheerleader. Too cheery for my own good. I try and coax a smile out of everyone.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I really want that hair and I almost selected the second bottom left box. SO glad I didn't. I'm going to try again later this weekend when I have more time to be zen about it.

4x7EsMY.png?2
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I chose the chocolate for the storyline because the "celestial" remark about the lingerie was weird lol.
    I also chose chocolate for that same reason!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Yes! it has to be the right time. That's what I mean when I say "I got this and this, but I'm going back in later" When I just pick boxes bing bang boom.....very often they stink. I try to remember to sit comfortably, think happy thoughts and see what boxes beccon my fingers as they move gently over the boxes till one just calls. And when that is the thing I want.......Bingo. Zen paid off.

Right now all 3 games got the dress, one got hair two got rings....so yeah, I'm going back in later. Good luck everyone.

But, for some reason Kat is not changing in Z's game. Now I have to trouble shoot that. I want to say "I'll fix it later, just date" but as you all know, when our game isn't updating to our frineds.......it's all we want to fix.

Oh, and I heard that the team is really pushing ahead with the frozen iOS issue. So I'm sure that's going to be fixed soon. Yay Weekend!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    The two items I wanted from the gift box the most were the bag and the hair. Of course I ended up getting the other two giftbox items instead. Still haven't decided if I will chase them.
    IMG_3759_zps50gb5xz0.jpeg
    IMG_3760_zpsyohdhgwq.jpeg
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Oh thank you Koko! You're a sweetheart for remembering my birthday!:o I can't believe another year has gone by for me. Man, 26 years have gone by just that quick and I feel like I'm getting old. At least I can say I didn't waste my life doing nothing. I served in the Navy in Japan and now going to school for nursing. But enough about me and let's focus on the weekend. Even though it's my birthday, I'm dreading a party weekend. Those are always so hard and tedious to complete. So please let it be a five star professional or VIP Weekend. Although, since its a V-Day weekend the most sense would be a five heart dating event.

26 is still a babe in the woods doll. In 6 years, I'll have a 26 year old son! So, sounds to me like the first quarter was well spent. Thank you for serving in the military, and I have a real soft spot in my heart for the Navy. Until my father, my whole family was Navy for half a century. Plus, my 2nd boyfriend was Navy. So I really salute you doll. ANd thank you.

But now.....your birthday. What are your birthday plans? besides having virtual birthday cake?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    I won the hair in my box. Can't decide if I want to chase the outfit or not.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I picked the chocolate in one game and lingerie in the other. I really regret it now, I should have picked the garlic press in one of them, that's just way to funny.
    If someone picks the garlic press can you please report what happens?
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    So for this round of dates, I chose lucky Cletus Davis to be my new beau. This, in spite of his name and his horrible moustache. But he is one of those annoying dolls that negs me at every turn - "Not everyone would be brave enough to wear that!" and "I've seen you look better, but you look great!" Ugh. Can't wait for my doll to dump this fool.
    did bonus points change? I have 3 items did a 1 hour date and I get 2 bonus points? Is that right? They all struck me as a little off. My other devices are charging again, so I can't check their screenshots. Is everyone else feeling the bonus points are normal? Probably all this snow, has me off balance. lol. yeah, I know. I know. giphy.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    The earrings are not sorted in the right place in the closet.

Lol sorting issues are are driving me crazy and I'm not even sure why. I'm the most unorganized person on the planet hah.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
    did bonus points change? I have 3 items did a 1 hour date and I get 2 bonus points? Is that right? They all struck me as a little off.

Do bonus points change depending on the length of the date? I've never paid attention. That could be why.
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I don't about you all, but I always love to see the real life inspiration pics for the weekend event items!

IMG_5863.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    The earrings are not sorted in the right place in the closet.

Lol sorting issues are are driving me crazy and I'm not even sure why. I'm the most unorganized person on the planet hah.

I feel the exact same way about the KKH closet. It's drives me bonkers that some booties are in the heels and some with boots, some updos are in the long hair and some in the short hair and some shirts with blazer is put in the shirt storage but most are in the suit section (last one in my male doll's game). I also wish they'd done a better job organizing the lady's accessories as the section with earrings/bracelets/necklaces is still too large.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    \
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I don't about you all, but I always love to see the real life inspiration pics for the weekend event items!

IMG_5863.jpg

Kim looks so insanely beautiful in the maroon dress, omg.
    Her hair, her makeup, her shoes.
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I feel the exact same way about the KKH closet. It's drives me bonkers that some booties are in the heels and some with boots, some updos are in the long hair and some in the short hair and some shirts with blazer is put in the shirt storage but most are in the suit section (last one in my male doll's game). I also wish they'd done a better job organizing the lady's accessories as the section with earrings/bracelets/necklaces is still too large.

Same! I love the organization so much but just wish for a few tweaks and changes. Maybe separating long and short dresses as well.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • SterlingSandSterlingSand Registered Users 5 Posts
    Sorry, I didn't think I was being political. I will go back to lurking.

As for the event, I will just sit it out. We are going away for the weekend anyhow and I'm sure my boyfriend will appreciate me being hands-free.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Dating events always remind me of how I wish our plane was a date venue too - and that it had a baby room so I could live on it in good conscious - but for now OAK will do. I choose the lingerie and am trying to get to the sunglasses first beforehand. I almost spent on a second box but considering my layout -

tumblr_ol5y9tbeAV1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

I'm definitely glad to save my stars for one of the new closet hairstyles instead LOL

As for the event, I will just sit it out. We are going away for the weekend anyhow and I'm sure my boyfriend will appreciate me being hands-free.

oh my gosh, please don't feel bad! You made a great point that had some agreement on your side. Hopefully you pop back up in the future too ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts

Aww, I hate to hear that. I didn't find it political at all and I deeply appreciate what you said. It was true. And this place is famous for people saying how they feel about things, especially when they affect our gameplay experience. Truth be told, I admire your bravery. There are so many times that I want to say something but I don't because I fear my post will be deleted. So thank you. I thought the earnables were cute, and didn't think of it the way you said it until you said it. My boyfriend and I aren't into lipstick, either, but I thought the items were cute. And I know the purpose of your post was less about lipstick and more about the caterence to a heteronormative lifestyle. I wish the earnables and box items would have been switched. I hope to see you again, and I hope you have an amazing getaway!
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    HAPPY B-DAY TO ME!!!

I would like to thank everyone for wishing me a happy B-Day!! Carol I can't believe that we are only three months apart. That's crazy! Thank you Vats I really do appreciate the Egyptian theme cake. So, Koko as far as music goes I have always and will forever be a 90's girl. . Usher, Mariah Carey, R.Kelly, Mary J. Blige, Aaliyah, TLC, En Vouge, Monica and others.
    Mostly 90's R&B, but I enjoy 90's Hip-Hop and 90's Pop. As far as B-Day plans, my grandparents plan on doing a barbecue for me tomorrow since I have to work today.

Now for my palette I only opened one and got lucky with getting the dress in the free box and then the hair. I tried my luck one more time and got some energy.

mBnQ63hl.jpg

Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    So about the storyline.. When Simon called me i decided to choose lingerie (i don't know why but i just went with it). Now i'm doing the first gig and guess what..... I am a couple with Willow and we are having a fight cause i'm working to much!

Hoho! I started the chocolate gig and it's pretty much the same, only the game coupled my doll with Dirk.7L1KLXA.gif
    Sorry, I didn't think I was being political. I will go back to lurking. As for the event, I will just sit it out. We are going away for the weekend anyhow and I'm sure my boyfriend will appreciate me being hands-free.

Oh no please don't be sorry, you didn't nothing wrong, I just stated that, because we have people from all over the world here and even in all our diversity we manage to maintain a very warm and friendly forum without bringing subjects where people may differ that go beyond the game's borders. But as I said before I agree with your point.:)

They might slipped on this one, but the game still is very gay friendly as ever, just take a look on the weekend gigs!

Hope you stay, cause anyone who says that their S.O. will appreciate them 'hands-free', deserves to be another forum queen, not a creepy lurker!

Lants you can't talk whatever you want here, even the things we 'avoid' to talk (politics, hack, other games...), our posts will be just deleted or edited if people become rude to each other.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts

Don't go back to lurking! At least, come back after your screen-free weekend :) It's good to hear each other's perspectives on things. And after all, Glu reminds us often that they want our feedback.