Weekend Event 2/10/17 - Looks Like Love & Birthday Cake

Comments

• krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    I thought my choker disappeared after I got it. I would have expected it to be with all the other necklaces and not with the rings..
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    I just went on a date in Venice and is so nice and romantic but...oh boy... tha moving gondola makes me so dizzy... :P
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Julliette wrote: »
    I just went on a date in Venice and is so nice and romantic but...oh boy... tha moving gondola makes me so dizzy... :P

I haven't done a Venice date yet because so many people have said it makes them dizzy. But it is so beautiful! I'll have to try it out, haha
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Julliette wrote: »

I haven't gone on a Venice date yet. I've done all of mine at the Oak club. Maybe I will go there and a few other places to change things up a bit.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Happy birthday, NQueen! I hope you're having a fantastic day.

I got kash in my free box, which I suppose is less painful than normal on a dating weekend! I decided to treat myself to an extra box since I like all the GB items this weekend, and I got...

166glyt.jpg

...the ring!! I actually like it, the animation is a lovely touch and as somebody said above, it's always nice to have more silver jewellery in the game. I probably won't use it on a regular basis after this weekend, but that's ok.

Here's how my doll styled it (she's gone for an unashamedly Valentine's-themed look!):

2cs6x38.jpg

I hope everyone gets what they want this weekend! Does anyone know if we might get a special extra surprise from completing the event gigs? I'm trying to weigh up whether it's worth doing them.
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I'm disappointed that the male prizes are so heteronormative. I usually lurk here but I was so looking forward to the Valentine's Day event and I feel so left out now. The lipstick marks and boxer print are not a part of my life since my boyfriend doesn't wear lipstick.

I know male dolls often get less than the girls but this is quite a departure from this usually gay-inclusive game. I wonder if the male dolls will even get the surprise gift mentioned.
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    You know, I actually think that's a fair point. I was hoping the kiss marks - when we saw them in the banner - would be a box exclusive since my husband isn't a lipstick kind've guy and while I appreciate the general kitschiness of it as an item I'm not sure I'll ever use them.

My thoughts when I saw the spoilers too. C'mon, Glu.. Inclusivity, please.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Happy Bithrday NQueen, February birthdays rock!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Untitled_1.png
    *sigh* The event points were in my free box. I should have quit while I was ahead. And I still don't have enough points to start off dates with the bonus gold heart.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • stfnaxstfnax Registered Users 40 Posts
    I don't want to ruin the surprise but I got the next item from my husband in my closet from the Lovers 5 achievement and I love it!!!! ❤
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Sorry, I didn't think I was being political. I will go back to lurking.

As for the event, I will just sit it out. We are going away for the weekend anyhow and I'm sure my boyfriend will appreciate me being hands-free.

SterlingSand, please don't go back to lurking. You weren't political. You were voicing your opinion of something in the game. I wasnt' saying be quiet about it, I was trying to make lemon chiffon cake out of lemons. My outlook? Voice your opinion if you feel something isn't right, then for my own personal preservation and limited sanity I try and find a way to live with it. Omg, if you've been lurking for a while, you'll remember I compained bitterly in the forums about my missing nose, I hated the new noses, then after complaining....I stuck the nose stud on it and lived with it.

Oh I saw the face lip prints. I agree that won't work for you or other players with SOs who don't wear lipstick. I was talking purely about the shorts. Those are absolutely adorable.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    My doll divorced her spouse a few months ago (because of the daily dates) so ever since then, she's been dating a new random guy during every dating event.

Picked a random one this time and didn't even notice that his name is... Nicholas Miller.

Any other New Girl fans out there? This guy is so awkward, wears odd clothes and doesn't know how to compliment my doll, so he always gives her backwards compliments. I'm almost considering keeping him just for the novelty of it.

He-Brings-Tough-Love.gif

My dolls is dating Nick Miller and her name isn't even Jess Day :)

(Also, why isn't Chicago a location yet? Nick Miller, Nick Miller, from the streets of Chicago)
    hackers can burn in hell
    daffodil wrote: »
    Any other New Girl fans out there? This guy is so awkward, wears odd clothes and doesn't know how to compliment my doll, so he always gives her backwards compliments. I'm almost considering keeping him just for the novelty of it.

SO JEALOUS!! What a dreamboat!! I hope you've Jess-ified up your doll for the occasion with big glasses and big dark hair!
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    stfnax wrote: »
    SO JEALOUS!! What a dreamboat!! I hope you've Jess-ified up your doll for the occasion with big glasses and big dark hair!

She looks more like Regan at this point... brb Jessifying my doll.

EDIT: Here's my Jess Day with her make-believe Nick Miller. I know Jess doesn't have black hair, but the brown color looked way off.

PF2YR8s.jpg
    hackers can burn in hell
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    You nailed the Jessica Day look! I watch the show all the time :D
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    My wife and I decided to take our baby girl Paige out for a stroll in Santa Barbara to finally show him to the world after all the months of privacy from the papz :D

I opted out of the coat in the GB and went along with this amazing coat I got from the mid week TB event!! I'm loving this look on me lol

And apologies for my wife dressing all black on this special occasion lol she can be a little stubborn :D[IMG][/img]op08df.jpg
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • LxtwnLxtwn Registered Users 56 Posts
    My doll divorced her spouse a few months ago (because of the daily dates) so ever since then, she's been dating a new random guy during every dating event.

Picked a random one this time and didn't even notice that his name is... Nicholas Miller.

He-Brings-Tough-Love.gif

My dolls is dating Nick Miller and her name isn't even Jess Day :)

(Also, why isn't Chicago a location yet? Nick Miller, Nick Miller, from the streets of Chicago)

Another fan here! Nick Miller, Nick Miller, he's a stone-cold killer

PF2YR8s.jpg

Oh my gosh this is perfect!! I love it!!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Lxtwn wrote: »
    Another fan here! Nick Miller, Nick Miller, he's a stone-cold killer

My fav is Winston. Although Schmidt had me dying last episode.

"We went through all this for a non-proposal cactus picnic?! Dammit Winston!"

source.gif
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    I really like the set for RomCom...ercial. I hope it keeps showing up in future gigs. I chose chocolates (although I kind of suspect the "garlic press" was the right answer) so I'll let everyone know how that works out.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I feel the exact same way about the KKH closet. It's drives me bonkers that some booties are in the heels and some with boots, some updos are in the long hair and some in the short hair and some shirts with blazer is put in the shirt storage but most are in the suit section (last one in my male doll's game). I also wish they'd done a better job organizing the lady's accessories as the section with earrings/bracelets/necklaces is still too large.

Hard to fathom how these very obvious errors are happening....
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts
    Does anyone else think that the sweet treat we'll receive on Valentine's Day has to do with the lipstick colors we voted on last month? That would be nice :)
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Does anyone else think that the sweet treat we'll receive on Valentine's Day has to do with the lipstick colors we voted on last month? That would be nice :)

This is what I was thinking about today as well! I am hopeful! Or if not, I cannot wait till they give us more info about the lipstick!
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Just to add another voice to the fray here -- I loved that the cheek kisses were earnable. To me, it is a unique item, and it seems all of the unique, interesting stuff goes in gift boxes (fur or faux fur stoles, random amazing parrots, ice skates, etc. etc.) and not earnable categories. I admit, my guy doll is hetero, so his kisses would come from a female and everything is, as the kids say, kosher.

This is not to disparage any of anyone else's comments or disappointments with how the items were divided. I just wanted to also add my opinion that I was so pleased they were earnable because the cool stuff (like the roses, etc) never seem to be. Glu has always seemed pretty keyed into the gay community and making their items and storylines super inclusive.

Also, designer Tom Ford released an entire collection of lipstick just for men so maybe the guys' husbands could be ... dabbling. Or contestants on Ru Paul's Drag Race, the best reality show period.
    LantsPance wrote: »
    Aww, I hate to hear that. I didn't find it political at all and I deeply appreciate what you said. It was true. And this place is famous for people saying how they feel about things, especially when they affect our gameplay experience. Truth be told, I admire your bravery. There are so many times that I want to say something but I don't because I fear my post will be deleted. So thank you. I thought the earnables were cute, and didn't think of it the way you said it until you said it. My boyfriend and I aren't into lipstick, either, but I thought the items were cute. And I know the purpose of your post was less about lipstick and more about the caterence to a heteronormative lifestyle. I wish the earnables and box items would have been switched. I hope to see you again, and I hope you have an amazing getaway!

Ir you4 post was inflammatory, hurtful to another member or something then it gets deleted. If it's reported and it's justified, it gets deleted, but the honest free flow of ideas is never censored here. When something is deleted for content, I'm always careful to explain exactly why, and oftentimes, it may be part of a bigger thing.

We want to foster a warm welcoming feeling.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, i'made reviewing how this thread got so inflamed. I'made making deletíns, i'll pm everyone who'said post stays deleted. It's easy to join a forum, say something and leave. I hope they come back, but I think anyone who has lurked gets the sense that we are warm and welcoming. And we didn'the put together the boxes. But please don'the get caught up in a firestorm, or potential firestorm. You can always state your feelings. Don'the comment negatively on another errors post. If you post just contains your well thought out opinion, it'seems probably going to stay. If it's prefaced or contains a dig about another poster's post the whole thing has to come down. My apologies to all who warrant one.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KueenKhloé1719KueenKhloé1719 Registered Users 111 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Oh thank you Koko! You're a sweetheart for remembering my birthday!:o I can't believe another year has gone by for me. Man, 26 years have gone by just that quick and I feel like I'm getting old. At least I can say I didn't waste my life doing nothing. I served in the Navy in Japan and now going to school for nursing. But enough about me and let's focus on the weekend. Even though it's my birthday, I'm dreading a party weekend. Those are always so hard and tedious to complete. So please let it be a five star professional or VIP Weekend. Although, since its a V-Day weekend the most sense would be a five heart dating event.
    Omg Queen it's ur b-day! Hope you have /had a bombing b-day bash. I thought it would be appropriate to get the Queen a cake worth for a queen
    7EA9D2A3-3DB9-4B83-9FBD-198FF3786922_zpssrnjukrv.jpg
    Also I went shopping earlier and got you a gift ....
    11C35456-5DD4-4BC2-BC5E-C817BEB96617_zpsczjnwxgf.gif
    What ever could it be ;)

Anyways hope everyone has a lovely V-day and enjoys the weekend event which kinda disapontied me since I love that black little dress which was a Gbox item that I missed and that earnable dress is not the same but I'll try :D.
    Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    Doll: Brie
    List: A
    lvl: 18

Kendall & Kylie game
    Doll:Khloe
    Followers: 1k
    lvl: 8
    Krew: Active and ready to join (looking)

Brie and Khloe's FB
    http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmarks
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I finished the event already, I don't think I ever finished this fast! Got a bunch of bonus point for owning two giftbox items and I got a huge payout for finishing the last weekend event gig correctly! Love the maroon dress, it feels so fancy!

ETA: I chose the chocolate storyline and got stuck with Willow for a romantic commercial. During the second gig with Brandon Marlo (still think his name is hilarious!) he tells you to 'DO something' so during the third gig - the actual commercial - I kissed Willow, which was the only action option. Afterwards Simon calls to say that 'it could not have gone better' and I received a huge cupcake payout!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I finished the event already, I don't think I ever finished this fast! Got a bunch of bonus point for owning two giftbox items and I got a huge payout for finishing the last weekend event gig correctly! Love the maroon dress, it feels so fancy!

ETA: I chose the chocolate storyline and got stuck with Willow for a romantic commercial. During the second gig with Brandon Marlo (still think his name is hilarious!) he tells you to 'DO something' so during the third gig - the actual commercial - I kissed Willow, which was the only action option. Afterwards Simon calls to say that 'it could not have gone better' and I received a huge cupcake payout!

I did the lingerie, but also kissed willow and Simon said the same thing. I don't remember how much bonus, either 30 or 40 I wasn't paying close enough attention to my starting points.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    I did the lingerie, but also kissed willow and Simon said the same thing. I don't remember how much bonus, either 30 or 40 I wasn't paying close enough attention to my starting points.
    Hmm so maybe all three storyline options are the right choice as long as you kiss Willow in the end...?
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Hmm so maybe all three storyline options are the right choice as long as you kiss Willow in the end...?

I think that's the case cause I went with the garlic press, idk why lol, did an ad and was forced to kiss Dirk during the last commercial shoot *swore we will never talk about it :'D* and received a fat cupcake payout!!
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny