Anticipation Monday - 2/21/17 Gear Up for a Midweek!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Happy_Presidents_Day_20171.jpg

Today's the day we celebrate Presidents' Day, originally Washington & Lincolns Birthdays were celebrated individually, with a school day off for Washington's Birthday, January 22nd, and another for Lincoln's Birthday.
Then the 2 were celebrated together, and now in the States some school's and business celebrate the Holiday, but mostly we celebrate Sales.

So, 1st order of business - our nice-enough-to-be-a-President-herself glu goddess Kalinda has wispered in my ear that We're Going to Have a MidWeek Event.
But that's she wrote.
I thought this would be a nice thread for us to sit and wait for it. We may get spoilers, (remember it's a Holiday) or maybe not. But yes Virginia, there is a MidWeek Event.

More about that later, but back to the Presidents.
So now, rather than just celebrate Lincoln and Washington we celebrate all Dead Presidents.
I guess we celebrate the live ones too now. It's a wacky Holiday. Some States celebrate Washington alone, some Washington and Jefferson, some not at all.

But since we have no other event info.....how about some presidential quotes
(and no not the Twitter Tweets happening now)

Here's an inspring one from our 1st Preseident
“Thë harder the conflict, the greater the triumph.”
― George Washington, U.S. prësidënt from 1789 to 1797.

Bë patient and calm; no one can catch a fish with anger.”
― Hërbërt Hoovër, U.S. prësidënt from 1929 to 1933.
um, what? Did people in the 30s stand on the pier and yell?
"Hey fish, get over here you worthless bunch of scales" You mean they tried that before fish hooks?

How about this one from honest Abe?
“I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.”
–Abraham Lincoln, U.S. president from 1861 to 1865.
Bad advice Abe, sometimes you have to take a step back and look at the big picture.
Was that a profound thought, or the answer to someone telling him
"Hurry up Abraham, you're slower than ..molasses going up a hill backwards"

It wouldn't be thread opening without a little music.
Preseidents of the United States of American
circa 1995ish

Now I'm sure you have lots of questions......I predict the answer to nearly all will be
I don't know.
Like - Will Kalinda come in with apoilers?
I don't know.
Is it going to be another 5Star with 2 Black/1 Gold/1 TB?
I don't know.
Is it going to be a SYS?
I don't know.
Is it going to be a WWIB?
I don't know

Here's what I know...we're going to have a midweek!
Fun and frolic to liven up those slow days waiting for the Weekend.

Hey, in the mood for a President's Day breakfast?
happy_4th_XL.jpg

Not in the mood for waffles with whipped cream? How about a nice Red White and Blue Cobber?

rwb_cooked.jpg

Time to make coffee, so I'll leave you here to talk amongst yourselves.
And a special good morning to long time silent members. Maybe today is the day you'll pop up and say
"Hey Koko, that's not cobbler. That's Bread Pudding.

Anyway Threads open, and let's have a good time.
Hey, any holidays in your country today? What about a similar holiday on another day?
I've shown your ours, you show us yours. :)

I know I know, we just want to talk about the midweek.
Nothing to go on, but plenty of anticipation.
Ok Threads Open.
Katwalk.gif

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13

Comments

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I'm swamped at the moment. Do people even say that? I don't know and I don't want to think about it because my brain hurts. I'm usually not a big fan but I would love a SYS! I'm just studying at the moment so I have nowhere to be except my desk, and checking in on the game every 4 hours fits in much better than tapping away...
    If it is tapping I hope it's 5-star gigs, dating again would be annoying and if it's parties I'll cry. And I mean it, I haven't had my daily break down yet so it's way overdue and the thought of a party event would surely induce it.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • KueenKhloé1719KueenKhloé1719 Registered Users 111 Posts
    Happy President's day ...... Hey Koko isn't that bread pudding...... anyway I'm hoping for throwback SMC and a SYS event but they seem to have disappeared :(. Who knows glu can be surprising :). Hope everyone has a lovely Monday. (Gonna go get my good vibes mug and make some coffee while we wait :) )
    Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    Doll: Brie
    List: A
    lvl: 18

Kendall & Kylie game
    Doll:Khloe
    Followers: 1k
    lvl: 8
    Krew: Active and ready to join (looking)

Brie and Khloe's FB
    http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmarks
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    One of my favorite quotes from a past president:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln.

And technically not a president but rather a first lady, Mrs. Eleanor Roosevelt said another of my favorites:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." a classy version of the haters gonna hate mentality. She also said this gem which I'll leave with no further comment: "Will people ever be wise enough to refuse to follow bad leaders or to take away the freedom of other people?" :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, depending on what our midweek is I may or may not participate. If it's a TB other than 5 stars gigs I probably won't. I'm feeling a little burnt out.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Kim Kardashian for president of the World period.:cool:

Well I'm thinking positive since Glu just gave me that super cute puppy in a bag, so maybe things will be different this week, throwback at the store, that's what I want... XD

Ok back to the reality, I checked Stefan'sthrowback items thread (thank you so much for that buddy, it's really helpful!) and just on the top's section I'm missing around 47 pieces!

Twelve of them I would classify as cool, but just 4 of them are on my must have list. And I'm talking about tops that are much more manageable to get, the coveted hairstyles come just at the end of the rainbow.

So yeah I'll keeping my prayers to them bring back those throwback at the store, they proofed to work.;)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    It's going to be a 5-Star Throwback Event (Gigs) with a Throwback Sale. Happy President's Day - enjoy your day off if you're on vacation!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • OhemilieOhemilie Registered Users 941 Posts
    I would love love LOVE the chance to buy throwback items again, like if glu picked a few bits and let us purchase them. I bought three boxes last week and everything was terrible - a black bag, sunglasses (MY WORST) and hideous earrings. It feels worse when the three boxes in the run up to the one throwback (again, I got unlucky and ended up with the worst shoes I've ever seen) I got energy - makes the grinding seem really pointless :mad:
    iOS player 
    level 69
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    It's going to be a 5-Star Throwback Event (Gigs) with a Throwback Sale. Happy President's Day - enjoy your day off if you're on vacation!

Always happy to see a gig midweek! Do you happen to know if the TB sale/boxes will be updated for those who do not get them do to having most/all the items?
    Vats wrote: »

Well I'm thinking positive since Glu just gave me that super cute puppy in a bag, so maybe things will be different this week, throwback at the store, that's what I want... XD

Ok back to the reality, I checked Stefan'sthrowback items thread (thank you so much for that buddy, it's really helpful!) and just on the top's section I'm missing around 47 pieces!

Twelve of them I would classify as cool, but just 4 of them are on my must have list. And I'm talking about tops that are much more manageable to get, the coveted hairstyles come just at the end of the rainbow.

So yeah I'll keeping my prayers to them bring back those throwback at the store, they proofed to work.;)

I just looked and I'm missing half the sunglasses ughhhh #nomoresunglasses

I'd love to get the St. Patrick's day pigtails one day but I'm so behind on accessories it'll never happen.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

)

I bit the bullet and chased the puppy in a bag for my male doll. I spent half his Kstars but finally got it. I'm not sure I'll ever take it off him. Lol
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Wish they'd update the throwback sale with the items from 2016 till now. Already go all the items but none from 2016 :/
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Thank God it's a Gig midweek.
    Is SYS dead? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    Is 600 total event points really necessary? Shouldn't you make it lower especially during midweek events? We are ALL busy here... I guess? I mean what's the point of making the total event points that high? Our goal (and maybe also GLU's goal) is just to let us get the GBs and be able to FULLY enjoy the game. People get bored. Not that I'm complaining but don't you think it's almost impossible to get a REAL throwback item especially on party and dating midweek events? People hardly call it a "Throwback event"

Adios!
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. 2 games didn'the get the event. Anyone else?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Did anybody get the event?
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    So I did not get a Midweek event either...
    As I'm not the only one, this can only mean one thing.... UPDATE TODAY!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    No event here either
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • MNieuwMNieuw Registered Users 159 Posts
    I also didn't get the update.:confused:
    Daily KKH Player ~ iOS
    Level 79 (Max)
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Event didn't begin for me. Annoying as ever
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Android here, no event.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    There's no event in my game as well and ughhh i did 2 frikking 8-hour gigs as head start WHILE AT WORK AND THIS IS NOT A GOOD JOKE. Ugh -_- It's deja vu. So what are we gon' do?
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Syndra x wrote: »
    There's no event in my game as well and ughhh i did 2 frikking 8-hour gigs as head start WHILE AT WORK AND THIS IS NOT A GOOD JOKE. Ugh -_- It's deja vu. So what are we gon' do?

Wait until Kalinda comes online and gives us an update :)
    hackers can burn in hell
    I'm thinking Update could be possible .....I've been wondering why no one started an update thread...but the 21st? Is that too early? You know, when no one posted that they got the loading bar we should have realized something was up.

Omg, you mean our iOS games may unfreeze? I better go fix her up. She hasn't had to dress up because no one could see her.....ok march yourself into that shower AppleP. You're a mess. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    No event on my game as well... It's too early for an update. If i remember correctly on each update we get 4 weekend events and we have one more till the update.... :eek:
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

I never start gigs in anticipation. Once we didn't get any points for things that started before the event. I learned my lesson then and don't want to get burned twice.
    Im sorry this happened doll. It's one thing to grind toward a Throwback....but just normal payouts...yuck. I'm thinking og going back to bed. .........
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I opened a thread for the update, someone used to start one about a week after the old update would came in......but now is a good time. Kinda like setting up a nursery for a baby. Kids not here yet, but you have to be ready. Ya know. Omg, I didn't even energy drinks up this morning. I can't see the time without my glasses, so I think the clock says 4:20 get my glasses on and see it like 4:50 dilemma dilemma. Back to bed...or energy drink.....what to do what to do....
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Syndra x wrote: »
    Thank God it's a Gig midweek.
    Is SYS dead? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    Is 600 total event points really necessary? Shouldn't you make it lower especially during midweek events? We are ALL busy here... I guess? I mean what's the point of making the total event points that high? Our goal (and maybe also GLU's goal) is just to let us get the GBs and be able to FULLY enjoy the game. People get bored. Not that I'm complaining but don't you think it's almost impossible to get a REAL throwback item especially on party and dating midweek events? People hardly call it a "Throwback event"

Adios!

Liking this.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Nah, I don't start any gigs ahead of time either. I've never felt so inclined, really I can wait. Not a problem to sit here with a cup of coffee, smoking cigarettes, and going through my email. At one point though, as Koko mentioned, people who were doing that wouldn't get the points when they ended those five-stars because essentially it's cheating. Glu sees you when you're sleeping, they know when you're awake...muahahahahahaaaaa!!!
    Maybe the event will start tomorrow and since it's a day late it will be shortened as usual.
  • kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    Oh wow I'm so happy I didn't start a few gigs before it started. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Well it's still nice to be up and musing with you. Ahhh coffee and cigarettes.....am I Bad to inhale behind a smoker just for a taste of what I gave up? The coffee made me break out in a rash...so I did energy drinks and diet cola for caffeine instead.....but I very so often I have some. Not the same with cigarettes....you can't have just one. I guess if you still yearn for something now and again deep inside you'really still hooked. Darn it now i'my so tempted for one. Wah. I'm so weak. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KueenKhloé1719KueenKhloé1719 Registered Users 111 Posts
    There might not be update. Just saying the lipstick color hasn't been announced so......mabye that's the reason
    Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    Doll: Brie
    List: A
    lvl: 18

Kendall & Kylie game
    Doll:Khloe
    Followers: 1k
    lvl: 8
    Krew: Active and ready to join (looking)

Brie and Khloe's FB
    http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmarks