Anticipation Monday - 2/21/17 Gear Up for a Midweek!

Comments

• kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    I feel like it's easier to just not smoke than to keep it to one cigarette..
    This is going to be an odd question but do you add anything to your coffee? Because it seems like it isn't the caffeine that gives you a rash.
  • Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    I hate it when Glu does this. My only guess for not getting the midweek event is either 1) because yesterday was a holiday or 2) we're getting an update today. I wish Glu would give us a heads up on these things.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I add sweetener and flavored creamers. I'very always hated the taste of coffee, but when I discovered French Vanilla, I changed my thinking. Either I was having too much (ok we can stop now. Tons of coffee) or I'm allergic to the coffee bean. You know what......1 cup of cofee. I'm having one. :rolleyes:
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Maybe it's the creamer or sweetener you use? I honestly can't imagine being allergic to coffee.. I just wouldn't survive tbh.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I didn't like coffee when I was a kid, but...I used to keep a jar on my night stand so I could open it and inhale the scent, it smelled *so* good! Then in college was when I stated drinking it, ugh, I would always wake up half dead, and it was my only salvation. Now, though, when I fill the coffee machine every night for the next day I have to skimp a bit because I get crazy jitters and I *hate* that. If my bf makes it he puts in heaping measures and I swear it makes me near insane. Yeah, I agree, no cigarette is better than one. So good for you, Koko. Because that stuff is gonna get you one way or the other, in ways you could never even begin to imagine. Kiko is right, better none than one...or more. But Koko, doll, always feel free to stand next to me, just in case just a little sniff will keep you. Like my inhaling coffee!<3<3<3
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Maybe it's the creamer or sweetener you use? I honestly can't imagine being allergic to coffee.. I just wouldn't survive tbh.

I've never heard of a coffee allergy either...maybe it's just certain varieties that disagree?? But, anything's possible. I know; give me coffee IV stat!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    isabeau wrote: Β»
    I didn't like coffee when I was a kid, but...I used to keep a jar on my night stand so I could open it and inhale the scent, it smelled *so* good! Then in college was when I stated drinking it, ugh, I would always wake up half dead, and it was my only salvation. Now, though, when I fill the coffee machine every night for the next day I have to skimp a bit because I get crazy jitters and I *hate* that. If my bf makes it he puts in heaping measures and I swear it makes me near insane. Yeah, I agree, no cigarette is better than one. So good for you, Koko. Because that stuff is gonna get you one way or the other, in ways you could never even begin to imagine. Kiko is right, better none than one...or more. But Koko, doll, always feel free to stand next to me, just in case just a little sniff will keep you. Like my inhaling coffee!<3<3<3

I love my coffee but I have to be careful trying new ones because some give me bad jitters. The worst was when I tried I think it was a pumpkin spice type around fall last year and honestly I thought I was having a heart attack. Hands shaking, heart racing.
    Well it's still nice to be up and musing with you. Ahhh coffee and cigarettes.....am I Bad to inhale behind a smoker just for a taste of what I gave up? The coffee made me break out in a rash...so I did energy drinks and diet cola for caffeine instead.....but I very so often I have some. Not the same with cigarettes....you can't have just one. I guess if you still yearn for something now and again deep inside you'really still hooked. Darn it now i'my so tempted for one. Wah. I'm so weak. Lol

I love energy drinks because I can sip them throughout the day unlike taking a mug of coffee with you that gets cold. I just can never keep them in stock at home and buying them individually is pricey. Kind of like soda. If it's there I'm going to drink it but if I don't have any on hand then I never do lol.
    My addiction started in high school but uni definitely made my coffee addiction even worse haha I'm always so surprised how there's people out there who function without coffee tbh
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    The midweek event will start later today! Sorry for any confusion.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Uhh all this talk about coffee, my coffee maker broke two days ago and now I can't have coffee! I don't want to buy a new one either, because I had already arranged with my cousin a couple weeks ago that I get her old one (which is a step up from my basic one) but I'm not going to see her until April and shipping that thing would be ridiculously expensive.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    Can you pick up one of those little metal sit on the stove coffeepots? I did that once. My FIL only wanted perolated coffee with the little clear bulb on top. so I used that for his coffee for a while. Poor man. he lived with us for about 7 years and I wasn't the best cook. He was so good to us, and I couldn't even make a decent cup of coffee.

Don't laugh, you can even look in thrift shops. People are always bringing in old outdated but functioning things like that. (used to volunteer at a hospital thrift shop) Good luck in your coffee quest.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I don't drink coffee, that's my 'coffee' story:p

Had a pretty confusing morning, I was expecting the event an hour earlier since the DST changed last weekend (I'm still not used to it), and the event simply doesn't started lol

I kept staring the clock wondering what went wrong! This game has good timing to trick me out!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Can you pick up one of those little metal sit on the stove coffeepots? I did that once. My FIL only wanted perolated coffee with the little clear bulb on top. so I used that for his coffee for a while. Poor man. he lived with us for about 7 years and I wasn't the best cook. He was so good to us, and I couldn't even make a decent cup of coffee.

Don't laugh, you can even look in thrift shops. People are always bringing in old outdated but functioning things like that. (used to volunteer at a hospital thrift shop) Good luck in your coffee quest.

I actually have one of those, If I'm thinking of the right thing, but that one makes espresso and I want just regular plain coffee. But I could get a French Press! I'll channel my inner McGyver first and try to fix my old machine but if that doesn't work I'll get one.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    was so ready to tap and now i'm soooo bored. of course by the time the event starts i'll be needing a nap
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    No event yet :( I hope we get a shortened timer.
    The event is now live!
    #VIPKalinda
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Thank you Kalinda.................runs off to grab my devices..
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    For those wondering second box is 130 points :)
  • LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    My points are not adding up, is it just me? I've done two reality shows and I got 12 points at the end of each but my count is still 0. First time that's happened for me but after last weekend I'm thinking my game cursed or something. Lol
    Game Centre: +Lya+
    Lia wrote: Β»
    My points are not adding up, is it just me? I've done two reality shows and I got 12 points at the end of each but my count is still 0. First time that's happened for me but after last weekend I'm thinking my game cursed or something. Lol

Where did you film your reality show?
    #VIPKalinda
    Where did you film your reality show?

In Calabasas
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    For those wondering second box is 130 points :)

And the third is 265 points.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    daffodil wrote: Β»
    And the third is 265 points.

Thank you, Daffodil!!! Could the fourth be 530? There's one way to find out. Lol

I can't remember the last time I have a decent Professional Gig Midweek. IFKWIM
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
    The lowered amounts of poinrs needed for each prize should help us. It may not seem like a large reduction, but it does gelp. And when there are no bonus points. We can do it..lwe dance it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Well I was up all night with a sick kid, which means that I'm close to the throwback box! But the boy is finally going to bed so I am too! TB will have to wait till tomorrow.

So so far I got 2,500 kash, 30 energy, and 40 energy. DUD DUD DUD.

It is kinda frustrating that week after week after week I get kash and energy, especially since I still have over 20 gift box closet items remaining and couldn't tell you the last time I got one. Oh well. Let's hope for better in our TB box.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
    Well I was up all night with a sick kid, which means that I'm close to the throwback box! But the boy is finally going to bed so I am too! TB will have to wait till tomorrow.

So so far I got 2,500 kash, 30 energy, and 40 energy. DUD DUD DUD.

It is kinda frustrating that week after week after week I get kash and energy, especially since I still have over 20 gift box closet items remaining and couldn't tell you the last time I got one. Oh well. Let's hope for better in our TB box.

It was almost the same for me with my boxes, except I got 25KStars instead of the Kash. I'm sorry about your kid, I hope he feels better when he wakes up.

Btw the last box is 525!
    I'm a little behind. I wasn't in the mood to grind last night so I'm only at 212 points right now. I did have good luck with my first two boxes: 25 k-stars and a pair of TB earrings respectively. Gold boxes are usually duds for me so I have zero expectations for that but even if my TB stinks I think the goodness of my black boxes make up for it. Of course I'd prefer a GOOD prize but if it turns out to be another pair of sunglasses... :p
    What is going on though? Why am I the only one who can't play? I've now tried other locations as well as just gigs that Simon gives me and nothing seems to work. My points are still 0. I'm feeling so confused as to why I'm having these strange glitches when no one else seems to.
    What a great day for grinding. ;). Hope your son feels better but close to the TB is great. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Lia wrote: Β»
    What is going on though? Why am I the only one who can't play? I've now tried other locations as well as just gigs that Simon gives me and nothing seems to work. My points are still 0. I'm feeling so confused as to why I'm having these strange glitches when no one else seems to.

I'm sure Kalinda will have some advice for you. I'm really sorry this is happening. Hang in there.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary