Options

Weekend Event 3/3/2017 ~ 5Star Prof. W/an Ad Campaign

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Header322017.jpg
Kalinda told us "distressed Jeans & Earner hair" and that was the pre-teaser we got..

I don't know what we'll be doing to 'earn' that hair...... I'm thinking it won't be Dating or VIP
But with the Dublin house holds 7 guests so maybe Parties are in the air.....
Or it could be something brand new to all of us.

Oh, How I can hardly wait.
Maybe it will be a professional weekend.
Whatever it is, I'll be there to win
Distressed Jeans
And don't forget there's Hair to be won!

Hairs2.jpg

I see. Well that would certainly fill up the screen, but I doubt it's anything like this unique look above.

My fingers are crossed for a nice fun event, no glitches or problems.

Are you getting that vibe too?

Kalinda will be by with Spoilers,

Now I'm going to count to 5, and it will be time to start the thread.
Ready? 1....2.....3....4....5

Alarm.gif

Thread's Open!
(& thread title will be changed when
we know what the weekend will be )
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    I'm thinking it's going to be a Professional 5-Star Event Weekend.
  • Options
    AvakkgAvakkg Registered Users 112 Posts
    5 stars event maybe? Hope Kalinda will show us soon :o
    KKG - KKH - NM: The Empire
    Instagram
  • Options
    Omg, wring date......oooooopsie. brb
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Well, for the past 2 years, the first weekend in March was a professional event. Does this mean anything? Probably not. I checked because I had a theory that maybe KKH always did something specific for St. Patrick's Day and that maybe we were close enough to rule that out, but that's not the case
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    I remember last year when we had 2 VIPs in a row. It was then that all theories went out the window.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Maybe filming Reality shows?
    Android
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Is it St. Patrick's day this weekend? It's not celebrated in my country at all so I have no idea lol
    If it is I'm kind of dreading it, the items are really tacky a lot of the time.

Other than that I have a feeling it will be a party event. My least favorite of them all :/
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Lii wrote: »
    Is it St. Patrick's day this weekend? It's not celebrated in my country at all so I have no idea lol
    If it is I'm kind of dreading it, the items are really tacky a lot of the time.

Other than that I have a feeling it will be a party event. My least favorite of them all :/
    No. The 17th. I just figured maybe whatever they planned for that, they wouldn't also do this weekend because it's close. But obviously that's not how they make their decisions.
  • Options
    PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    We already have a bunch of distressed skinny jeans in our wardrobe, so I would be happy if this time we could get a wider jeans like this one:

3C1BB8C600000578-4115912-image-m-227_1484346450567.jpg
  • Options
    No. The 17th. I just figured maybe whatever they planned for that, they wouldn't also do this weekend because it's close. But obviously that's not how they make their decisions.

Oh, that makes sense. Hmm, I'd say a party event would make sense for St. Pattys but maybe if the items are gimmicky and the event is hard a lot of players get mad or won't bother so they'll do something simpler on St. Pattys instead?
    That could still mean parties this weekend.
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I already shared the highlights of today's spoilers yesterday, so I'll just add that I love the black earnable shirt for girls and the guys' whole gift box outfit. The purple outfit is calling your name, Koko!

Mar_3_Female_Rewards_Promo.jpg

Mar_3_Female_Giftbox_Promo.jpg

Mar_3_Male_Rewards_Promo.jpg

Mar_3_Male_Giftbox_Promo.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    OH MY GOD the jeans! It´s EXACTLY what I was talking about! Thank you Glu! I love the black shirt too and the purple outfit + the hair are just amazing. The earnable hair is not for my taste and it´s the only thing I don´t like.
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Oh wow those are the ugliest earnables I've ever seen lol
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for the preview Kalinda!

I keep my thoughts about things are feeling vanilla on this update, aside the freaking boxes' boots all other items are decent, but doesn't make me swoon over them.

Now girls boxes' hairstyle is da BANG, pun intented!

Glad is a 5star gigs event though.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    By the way, the weekend storyline is about an ad campaign.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    Hmm - I was feeling bad that I'm going away this weekend and won't be able to play as much as usual, however having seen the items, I'm pretty OK with it. I'll probably get the jeans, which I do like, and then stop. I like the GB outfit but I don't have enough stars to chase the whole outfit and the skirt and top would look strange without each other I think. I shall hope for the hair in my free box.
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I love the gift box hair so much, I really hope I will win it :eek:
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    AvakkgAvakkg Registered Users 112 Posts
    Gift box items are really nice! But I don't like the earnable :(
    KKG - KKH - NM: The Empire
    Instagram
  • Options
    Another weekend where I don't really like anything for the girls. The guys items are a bit better, I might try to go all the way with Finn (would be the first time in an event other than VIP).
    I'm feeling really bummed out about the game lately.
  • Options
    If you google image search "bantu knots" you'll see a lot of gorgeous ladies making that hairstyle look great. Maybe that'll give you a different perspective.
  • Options
    LemonTarts out of Lemons ladies. I always say, make lemontarts out of lemons. And, If glu wants to give us a robe I'd wear that hair and the slippers. ANd I think the pants will be fine with the right footwear. And if you were wearing that hair, wouldn't YOU want a hoodie? This lady is going for the hair. And along the way that purple will be mine. :)

Koko I love that you always find a way to be 110% positive :)
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    If you google image search "bantu knots" you'll see a lot of gorgeous ladies making that hairstyle look great. Maybe that'll give you a different perspective.

I agree!! It's a beautiful style on the right woman. I understand if you don't like it, I personally won't be grinding for it! But this is gorgeous african style, and I think it's a bit rude of people to be completly bashing it!!! This game is amazing because it appeals to many races and genders. Let celebrate diversity!! So what if the style doesn't look good on Caucasian dolls!
  • Options
    CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Lmao!! There should be no conflict at all!! And there won't be :) I'm proud that you're standing up and being proud :) and I can't wait to see your doll rocking those Bantu knots!!!!
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Yep.. I'm glad to see some earnable (translation: free) culturally diverse hair too.

Here's a pic of Kloe wearing the style:
    bantuknots.jpeg

She caught some flack on the web for cultural appropriation. They're too adorable for me not to enjoy them virtually through my doll though. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I also agree that the Bantu knots are just as pretty as the plethora of straight hair the girl dolls get as well as a nice nod to other cultures. Good luck to those who want them and I guess a slightly more restful weekend for those who don't ;3

I'm not sure I'll like the guys hair until it's on me but the top I definitely think I want so that's my goal at least.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    bantu knots! omg i remember when they were popular in the late 90s-early 00s. and while I'm not sure my doll will be able to pull them off, i've already seen some people on instagram and such who are very happy so I can't wait to see how they style them!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    That GB is to die for. Love it. :o
    I'll definitely do some chasing.

As for the earnables.. they're not THAT bad. I hate the hair as it's nothing my doll could ever pull off, but the jeans seem pretty cool.
  • Options
    I don't understand the talk about races and cultures. I just don't think it's a beautiful or flattering hairstyle, that's it.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    daffodil wrote: »
    I don't understand the talk about races and cultures. I just don't think it's a beautiful or flattering hairstyle, that's it.

It's ok to not like the hairstyle, but people are bringing up culture because Bantu knots are an ethnic hairstyle worn mostly by black women. I'm not a fan of the hairstyle myself but I wouldn't go so far as to call it ugly because I feel it's a bit insulting. And I really am appreciative of Glu bringing more ethnic hairstyles in the game even though this is not a favorite of mine I know my doll could rock it.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I think it is great that Glu is trying to add hairstyles that suit a variety of hair types. I feel weird, though, using some of them on my doll. I feel like it is treating them as a costume, or maybe that is too strong a word for it. I know in real life that I would think twice about using cornrows or bantu knots on myself, because of appropriation. I guess I just want anyone here who sees my doll on their game wearing some of the styles, to know that I don't think of those styles as "dress up" or anything like that. But, I also I know that this whole game is basically "dress up" for our dolls. I am starting to talk in circles lol. And as always, I am only talking about MY PERSONAL opinion about this issue, I have no thought or concern for anyone else who uses the hairstyles.