Weekend Event 3/3/2017 ~ 5Star Prof. W/an Ad Campaign

Comments

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

Mar_3_Female_Rewards_Promo.jpg

I personally love the Bantu knots hairstyle. I'll grind for it since sometimes I style my natural hair like that irl.:cool: The diva won't be getting the hair this week since she can't film her reality show episodes at her Venice home.:mad:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I personally love the Bantu knots hairstyle. I'll grind for it since sometimes I style my natural hair like that irl.:cool: The diva won't be getting the hair this week since she can't film her reality show episodes at her Venice home.:mad:

I thought of you when I saw them since I know you've always asked for more natural hairstyles. I can't wait to see you style them!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Thanks Kayla I can't wait either❗I'm so glad that hair is earn able too because I usually get so aggravated when glu puts the natural hairstyles inside of the gift boxes. I have such terrible luck with gift boxes.

I've just realized that I'm missing so many natural black hairstyles inside of my dolls wardrobe☹. Oh how I so wished that the store's throwback sale could just magically appear anytime sooner.:(
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    I don't think the hairstyle is ugly, but I don't find it to my taste, but the rest of the earnables is so ugly so lmao not doing anything. I'll hope to get the box hair with the free box and then I'll stop.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Mar_3_Female_Rewards_Promo.jpg

PJ top with baggy ripped jeans? Um? Just no. It's not basic but it's reaaaaaally bizarre.
    Maybe it'd be better to pair the baggy ripped jeans with a white top or sth but I don't know about the PJ top. Just can't even. Srsly

i the GB hairstyle but am not sure if it's worth chasing tho cuz the GB box price is just too dȧmn high -_-
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Well the shirt I thought was a hoodie is much more appealing as a shirt. lol. I swear if I'm on a small device when I look at things they are so small. I thought it was a hoodie. My earlier comments were ignorant, and I hope I didn't offend, I thought they were just kicky, didn't realize it was a cultural thing. You know my dolls will probably try them. What better thing than to use the game to share culture? Plus, I'm going to be plowing through giftboxes like they were nothing in chase of the perfect purple outfit. Omg. Happy happy happy.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Syndra x wrote: »

PJ top with baggy ripped jeans? Um? Just no. It's not basic but it's reaaaaaally bizarre.
    Maybe it'd better to pair the baggy ripped jeans with a white top or sth but I don't know about the PJ top. Just can't even. Srsly

i the GB hairstyle but am not sure if it's worth chasing tho cuz the GB box price is just too dȧmn high -_-
    The earnables really don't look very good together. But once we get them and style them separately, I think they'll be better. I'm going to try a cool rocker thing with the jeans, something professional with the shirt and then go full Rihanna with the hair. Sadly, I didn't get that gift box stole from New Year's. That would have helped.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Not to belabor the point but the tone when talking about the girl's earnable hair is really......well.

It's one thing to dislike it but the tone and insinuations regarding the dislike - especially linking it to the OITNB character and implying it is perfect for a mentally unwell character - is troubling to say the least. Expressing disinterest without being disrespectful isn't that hard to do IMO.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    It's one thing to dislike it but the tone and insinuations regarding the dislike - especially linking it to the OITNB character and implying it is perfect for a mentally unwell character - is troubling to say the least.

Nobody said that.
    hackers can burn in hell
    Carol Davida stylish friends

Starring Koko, Jax, Jules, & Camilla☆⭐ ⭐☆ at Livin' Da Vida :cool:

zpSy9.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• BabySimmo93BabySimmo93 Registered Users 124 Posts
    I think it's disgusting to remark the hair as racist or comparing it to a character in a show, I think the hair is very Miley Cyrus from that award show where she gyrated against that Robyn Thicke
    C'mon you Hull :mad:
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Still waiting for the update on Facebook platform... We might lose a day on the weekend event or even the whole thing :mad:
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

If I saw any mental health references I'd delete them, so someone pms me or I'll think the poster was wrong. Can we all chill about the hair? Let's get ready to kick off the event!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I don't know if it's been mentioned.....the gold shoes you see with the 1st earner prize....the jeans....you can't change them it's those pants and those shoes. no personal styiling available. So.....those pants will stay with the other unused - joined together items.

Come on Pajama top styled 2nd prize. Now THAT I can style. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I don't know if it's been mentioned.....the gold shoes you see with the 1st earner prize....the jeans....you can't change them it's those pants and those shoes. no personal styiling available. So.....those pants will stay with the other unused - joined together items.

Seriously? There might have been a way to style those pants so that I'd actually like the outfit, but attached shoes? Why??
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    I know. I had such hopes to make the pants work. but not with those shoes. Any time there is a forced pairing, unless it's diamonds and purple and gorg I'm not interested. I thought short chunky boots would work.....never got the chance to see. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts

They will look fab on your doll Karol!.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts

Thanks for the info, Koko. Now it's official that I'm never ever gonna use these pants. A nice pair of shoes could have saved them, but not these basic sandals. Ugh. I even think of leaning back and doing nothing this weekend. The items are the worst. I don't want them in my wardrobe :(
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    I'm so bummed that we can't change the shoes on those jeans! I was SO excited for these "boyfriend fit" jeans. And they are stuck with some cute heels that totally don't go together lol. Oh Glu please fix this mistake I know that won't be the hardest thing you have ever done for us.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I wish at least the sandals paired with the jeans were black, because then they'd go with a lot more closet items. Hmmm
    Oh Andrezji_S. I've send a you PM. Please check your inbox.

This is one of my favorite anthem songs from India Arie about black natural hair.☺I think that it will soothe everyone's soul.:cool:

Edit: Ooh I luv this one too from Solange. ✊
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    I don´t know why people are so mad about the afro hair. Personally I wouldn´t use it on my doll because it´s not her style and she would just look like a poser wearing it, but I don´t think it´s cool seeing people making disparaging remarks about this hairstyle. That said, anyone accompanying the Kardashians knows that this hair was used by Khloe some time ago and she totally rocked it!

khloe-kardahian-new-bantu-knots-spark-controversy-accused-of-cultural-misappropriation-lead.jpg?w=600
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    lol looks like Khloe is a fan of our Koko!

I wasn't excited about any of the guys' items, but then I opened my free box and I got 30 event points... Noooooooooooo! Really I got so angry, that I was willing to punch right on the face the first person that would cross my way. I guess that my brain don't like to lose. KKH makes me dangerous sometimes lol.

I'll first finish the event before starting the gigs, think is more fun doing this way.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • HazelCHazelC Registered Users 26 Posts
    So I just won the skirt and it has a really weird place in the closet

61584121-E4FF-4D46-B42B-B60A89926806_zpsf4uvs5uf.jpeg

As you can see its really out of place because all the other event items are at the bottom.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Andrzej - did you see that I posted a picture with the 4 male VIP hair styles? It's in the thread about the most recent update.

My free trial ends today and I only purchased one of the hairstyles.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Andrzej - did you see that I posted a picture with the 4 male VIP hair styles? It's in the thread about the most recent update.

My free trial ends today and I only purchased one of the hairstyles.

Saw them just now, thanks for doing it! I'll anticipate both longer styles when VIP things start to unlock.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!
    935995v.png?1
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    Is anyone els finished with the weekend Ad Campaign mission? When Kalinda mentioned it earlier this week I thought it could be all about the new lipsticks but I just finished and they're no where to be seen.

I kind of feel like the storyline was kind of a kick in the gut for me as a K&K player too. I don't want to get off track but I remember watching KUWTK and when Kylie first did her makeup line over the web, this weekends story had a lot of resemblance to it and I feel like it would have a more appropriate setting in their game! Oh well.

I'm wondering if the guys also got the same weekend storyline?
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Yah, just finished. In case anyone is wondering, I chose to do the big crowd advertising and then paid 500 to host my apology party at Panino. I got 1 k star and a bunch of bonus points. No clue how many cause I was not paying attention.

Maybe I made the wrong choice, but only advertising to wealthy people rubs me the wrong way! LOL.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Well I'm kinda annoyed now. When I saw the the weekend storyline was about cosmetics, I assumed this would be the big lipstick reveal too :confused: So the lipstick reveal was supposed to be in February, I wonder what happened to this :confused::confused:
    Is anyone els finished with the weekend Ad Campaign mission? When Kalinda mentioned it earlier this week I thought it could be all about the new lipsticks but I just finished and they're no where to be seen.