Game reset :(?

PeanutellaPeanutella Registered Users 15 Posts
Hey guys, hopefully someone is able to help. When I opened my game this morning, I was automatically loaded to the 'customise new character' screen. I have not uninstalled or deleted the game, neither have I reformatted my phone. It's just been business as usual :( I've also signed up to the vip trial yesterday.

In the options button it says i am already logged in to my Facebook account and I am hesitant to proceed to make a new character to attempt to reconnect to my old account in case this writes over my current game... anyone experienced this and can offer any tips? I'm playing on an android device. Thanks in advance

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I would just try a few more times to open the game. I'm unclear what you mean by reformatted. Sometimes when a game is transferred (I know you didn't transfer, but ...) often you have to try a few times to have it 'take'. Especially if there's been a system change. Good luck.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PeanutellaPeanutella Registered Users 15 Posts
    Thanks for your reply koko! By reformatted, I really just meant resetting my phone. I have tried reopening the game many many times over the past day and it is still not loading up my current game.

As the pictures show, I am logged into my facebook account as per the options menu- does this mean my game has somehow been erased? It's just been like any other regular day (haven't transferred devices or anything) so I'm unsure as to why it would have loaded up like this all of a sudden. I have submitted a CC ticket, but was hoping for some advice from anyone who has encountered this before.

Screenshot_2017-03-07-14-11-12_1.png

Screenshot_2017-03-07-14-11-20.png
    Ok. I would wait to hear what customer care said, but when and if you are ready to try one last thing....understanding you may be erased, or your game could come back, would be a reinstall. Take it out, download again and see what happens. All my experience has been involving the game being re installed from the App Store. But realize that it's not a guarantee.

If the games in your device and you open it it goes for that game that was in the device when you reformat it. If you uninstall the game and then reinstall the game I believe it's going to try and draw from the cloud which may or may not have your old game on it. Does that make sense? I'm really really sorry this happened.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Try to see if you can open a saved game from Google Play
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    I'm sorry if I'm clueless, but how do we locate a save in google play?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok. I would wait to hear what customer care said, but when and if you are ready to try one last thing....understanding you may be erased, or your game could come back, would be a reinstall. Take it out, download again and see what happens. All my experience has been involving the game being re installed from the App Store. But realize that it's not a guarantee.

If the games in your device and you open it it goes for that game that was in the device when you reformat it. If you uninstall the game and then reinstall the game I believe it's going to try and draw from the cloud which may or may not have your old game on it. Does that make sense? I'm really really sorry this happened.

Thanks koko - sounds nerve wracking but I'll try it as a last resort!
    Try to see if you can open a saved game from Google Play

Thanks for the reply Kalinda! May I also ask how I can go about loading a save game from google play?
    hang on and don't try the 'last resort' till we find out about loadiing a google save. I'll try and find out too.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    If you've always been logged into your Google account, you should be able to load a saved game from the cloud.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    A little notice pops up and asks if you want to load a saved game. (with old iTunes, you could see a few saves, and load the one you wanted, I thought it was like that)

but this will be an automatic pop up asking if you want to continue with the new game or load a previous save.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    If you've always been logged into your Google account, you should be able to load a saved game from the cloud.

Thanks Kalinda, however I am unable to log in to my google play account. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought google play no longer supported KKH? I was under the impression that the save game was linked to our facebook accounts, and there is no option to sign into your google play account either.
    A little notice pops up and asks if you want to load a saved game. (with old iTunes, you could see a few saves, and load the one you wanted, I thought it was like that)

but this will be an automatic pop up asking if you want to continue with the new game or load a previous save.

Thanks koko. Glu replied saying they can't help other than with restoring purchases, however after 3 comebacks and investing a whole lot of time over the years on this game I just don't feel up to it to restart from scratch anymore :( I tried reinstalling to no avail.. guess this is the end of the road for me :(

But thank you for all your help. It was fun while it lasted
    Google+ was the app that connected our friends before Facebook. GooglePlay saves our game to the Google Servers. Google+ was removed from service in favor of more private gamer ids, but it only connected players and did nothing to save your data. That's Google Play. I'm really sorry you're going through this.

You can't login to GooglePlay? Maybe if we can get you connected, your game will be there. Right now you're dead in the water, right? So take a deep breath and if you want to try again, we can dig up some instructions. I promise you'll be no worse off than you are right now.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary