Options

Photo Participation Thread Suggestions

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
Right on the heels of Vats' super fun Rainbow Week thread, lets put our heads together for suggestions for future photo partipation threads. If you have an idea, post it here, we'll flesh it out and make it happen. I want to do it by suggestion thread, otherwise, well meaning posters will all start threads and we'll end up with a mess and a huge headache for me, so Suggestions only please.

For example.....

this would be harder and longer. (twhs)What if we combined Colors of the rainbow with Months of the year. for example: on a specified Monday dress your doll for January or local January weather, wearing the first color of the rainbow. Tuesday - February in the 2nd color and so on until you dressed for December in the right days color. Its clumsy and needs work... just months of the year? Input welcome. :cool:
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Earlier today I was watching one of those "100 years of fashion" videos and thought about doing something similar, though I personally don't have a big enough wardrobe to pull it off.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    I mean, it's kind of obvious but we could just do different fashions? Like androgyny, gothic, punk, lolita, boho, etc. Wikipedia was just giving me a lot of ideas and although obviously some won't work (don't even joke about "Nazi chic") I think it would be a great opportunity to use clothes we usually overlook because it's not our style.
  • Options
    And speaking of clothes we don't use... You know how a lot of the free/cheap items are just the same thing in different colors? We should have a day for each of those. Like, "Style this sweater in one of the 10 colors it's available in," not a different day for each color. I know the guys have fewer options, but there's still enough to make a full week.

I'm just going to edit this rather than make another new post: I think it would be great if we had a thread where we tried to find ways to make our least favorite things usable. I know I have several things I didn't like at first until I forced myself to figure out a way to make it work. And I'd love to see how other people style things they don't like because I think it would inspire me too.
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Oh I love all these ideas!!
    I also like to see dolls dressed in the colors of their country's flag.
    Or a celebrity style inspiration! So you post a pic of your doll dressed like a famous actor/actress and post the pic of that actor/actress next to it!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    These are awesome ideas. I'm going to try and get this organized, keep your suggestions coming, and if you saw something you liked someone else suggested, by all means, post that you like that suggestion. I'm just really thrilled that Nai might start up her How You Style thread again.

Oh wait, i have one. A game. Pick One & Post (working name) an example:
    Someone says I'm going on a picnic, and dress their doll. And we'll need both a boy and girl doll for this. Then you dress your doll using one item from the picnic post, and either say you're going with judy on her picnic, or I borrowed Judy's shoes and i'm going to a greatful dead concert.

Next poster picks one item from the concert goer, wears that and builds an outfit for the next one to follow. And we build a story along the way.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Love these ideas! I was about to suggest the same as Linda - I would love to do a celebrity style inspiration thread! I remember we did one over a year ago but as our wardrobes have grown since, I can only imagine the great looks everyone would create now.

Also, remember some time last year, i *think* it was Cherrey who created a brilliant thread where one doll posts an outfit and the next doll to post picks one item from the previous doll's look and creates a look around so it's sort of like a chain, if that makes sense?!! I had a look back through the treads and searched but unfortunately I couldn't find that particular thread :( it was a really fun idea and one that we could easily keep going, but perhaps quite similar to Nai's How You Style? And also, it would exclude the male dolls, unless there were 2 different threads, which could get messy... I don't know lol but I really liked the idea :)

I also really like the other ideas posted here, especially the one about posting a look for the month with your doll dressing for local weather.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    Love these ideas! I was about to suggest the same as Linda - I would love to do a celebrity style inspiration thread! I remember we did one over a year ago but as our wardrobes have grown since, I can only imagine the great looks everyone would create now.

Also, remember some time last year, i *think* it was Cherrey who created a brilliant thread where one doll posts an outfit and the next doll to post picks one item from the previous doll's look and creates a look around so it's sort of like a chain, if that makes sense?!! I had a look back through the treads and searched but unfortunately I couldn't find that particular thread :( it was a really fun idea and one that we could easily keep going, but perhaps quite similar to Nai's How You Style? And also, it would exclude the male dolls, unless there were 2 different threads, which could get messy... I don't know lol but I really liked the idea :)

I also really like the other ideas posted here, especially the one about posting a look for the month with your doll dressing for local weather.

Yes! I loved Cherrey's thread!
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: »

Wow, i don't remember that thread at all. Lol. I thought it was my brainstorm. Sigh. I don't want to start bumoing old threads, so i have an idea, I just have to send some pms first. I'm also off to look for that thread. It it was a year ago, i was sick with the flu for a month. Hardly remembre playing KK. Lol

And I don't think Amy even saw my post. Posted right under it though. Maybe she was thinking about it, and my useless esp picked it up and posted as my idea 1 1/2 hours earlier. Dolls and Dreamnoats, you have just witnessed what I've been telling you about for 3 years.....your moderita has the most useless case of esp. Ok, now i'm psched. Wonderwhat else i can pull out of the air. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Oh wow Koko! Lol Sorry about that! I just re-read your post, when I first read it I'd just gotten home and quickly skimmed through the ideas here and I also got giddy thinking back to Cherrey's thread so I quickly posted about it! Definitely your esp hahaha :)
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Cool idea❗I would absolutely luv to see a thread when parents (or a single parent) are wearing mix & matching outfits with their babies.☺
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Hi I love these ideas, Please keep them coming, I'm putting a group together to get these new short length theme fashion threads popping. I have to confess I thought I sent but cancelled pms by mistake on Sunday night. When I checked to see why I hadn't gotten any responses, I saw they were never sent. So hang on. I resent this morning so we're working on it. I'm excited, and I hope you'll be too.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?244577-Musical-influences-dress-up-your-dolls!&p=555616&viewfull=1#post555616
    Hey, did you guys see the Musical Influences thread?

And, Linda plugged our brainstorming thread, so keep those ideas flowing. You never know when it will spark a thread. I can't link on this device, i'l fix it from the laptop.

And in the fashion thread Spring Break is going on. My dolls still have to get there, you never know who you'll run into. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?236676-KK-H-Fashion-Thread-2017/page11
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I deleted K&K a long time ago so I can't answer for that.

I like the idea of dressing up as characters.
  • Options
    I like all the theme ideas posted. Except including other game dolls... I was coming back to say I'd look into the cross forum posting. It's not something I'd encourage, but I will check . :)

I'd be up for any of those themes. Oh,m how about Stars that have done more than one thing, so you'd have their looks in their different roles.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I love all of Vats ideas, however not all KKH players play K&K. Also, some K&K players don't even play KKH. The twinning crossover mixing & matching would be a very fun thread to participate in though.

I personally play both games and I would have to say this. I always thought that my 1st KKH doll and K&K doll are blood related sisters (that has the same birth parents). My 2nd KKH doll and K&K doll are half sisters (who has the same dad but different mom). It reflects my personal life when I play my games. I always wanted to play a male doll on either KKH or K&K, but somehow I just couldn't seem to relate to dressing up an opposite gendered doll (even though I have a brother in rl). I do enjoy dressing up my doll's spouse, but his closet is completely limited style wise.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    If anyone is interested to participate in the Easter card thread that I've already started, then I'll post the link right here.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    Hey guys! I've started brainstorming and I've been literally obsessed with Picsart app stickers lately. ☺
    I've thought about starting a
    thread for our KKH celeb dolls.

Those who are willing to participate will have to post down their doll in-game name and create their doll 'imaginary' Snapchat username. Everyone can use whichever KKH background to their liking so that I can edit their doll's face onto the avatar pic. I only need the closeup pose for this particular edit. I also will need to know everyone's platform (ex. iOS or Android) so that I can do another edit on the cell phones. So, it's kinda like a 3-in-1 kinda edit. It'll be very fun to do since I can use the Snapchat filters:D. So what do y'all think?
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Hey guys! I've started brainstorming and I've been literally obsessed with Picsart app stickers lately. ☺
    I've thought about starting a
    thread for our KKH celeb dolls.

Those who are willing to participate will have to post down their doll in-game name and create their doll 'imaginary' Snapchat username. Everyone can use whichever KKH background to their liking so that I can edit their doll's face onto the avatar pic. I only need the closeup pose for this particular edit. I also will need to know everyone's platform (ex. iOS or Android) so that I can do another edit on the cell phones. So, it's kinda like a 3-in-1 kinda edit. It'll be very fun to do since I can use the Snapchat filters:D. So what do y'all think?

I think it is/was an excellent idea and extremely nice and thoughtful of you to do this for us Carol , thank you :)
  • Options
    astray wrote: »
    I think it is/was an excellent idea and extremely nice and thoughtful of you to do this for us Carol , thank you :)

Oh your most welcome ☺. I'm glad that everyone loved my unique thread:cool:
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    I have another idea planned. So I was thinking about to customized design mugs of everyone's KKH dolls for my dearest forum friends. I truly appreciated y'all for participating on my Snapchat avatar pic thread, that this is like a virtual gift for my KKH fam.

Since y'all luv my designs so much, I'll try to give y'all a sneak peek on what I've been working on. It's only a rough draft of course and it's incomplete:
    mug #1 & mug #2

In order for this magical editing to happen, everyone will need to post their doll on the x&o white marbled background or the pink valentine's day background so that their doll can be apart of my design:cool:. Everyone is free to use either the closeup pose or the full body shot pose.

I have no idea when I'll be opening this thread, but I'll tell y'all what. It's most definitely a guarantee that it'll be opening very soon. Disclamer: it'll probably take me approximately 1-2 weeks to complete the photo editing.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG