Weekend Event 3/31/17 - April Fools Fools Us

Comments

• Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Thank you for the spoilers, Kalinda! :o This is BRILLIANT ;)
    Same here. It won't look good on my dolls because of their dark-skinned complexions, so therefore I won't bother to grind for it this weekend. Good luck to everyone that's participating for this event.

I'm also wondering if the nude undies change its color for darker complexions??? Not all players are that white... like me cuz I'm Asian, i mean my doll. Lol.

I like the shoes, so versatile
    Undies are fine but I agree with Daffodil, it'll look better if the undies aren't that noticeable and if it matches different types of complexions :confused:
    I like the hair, so chic
    I like the idea of pixelated items for April fools, such a fresh idea ;) But if I got a (pixelated)GB item in my free box, I feel like i should get all GB items because it'll look kinda strange to use one pixelated GB item and I don't think that all these GB items are worth chasing IMO :)
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Mary - LouMary - Lou Registered Users 27 Posts
    Hate to be negative - but I agree with isabeau -

who said "Well, that all looks like $h*t. I've got tons of that in my wardrobe. Not cute."

And to add my 2 cents worth why on earth would we want clothes with poorly pixelated graphics? I lived thru the 80's...trust me once was enough...If everything our dolls had was pixelated like this (as in minecraft) I could see the point - but these are all things that are totally useless..and will never go with any other items - not worth $1 a box let alone 40 K stars (which is really lets get real $4.00....)

Honestly the only thing of interest is the hair.....which (of course) is way way far (600 i am sure) ..shoes are OK - but i cant say my doll needs shoes that blend in with her skin...I do get it that its supposed to be a naked selfie, but as we on facebook are still waiting for the update & got no throwback this week I was kina hoping for more......
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    giphy.gif
  • Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    And we Kindle users are probably going to miss out on this event as well as the midweek. This is ridiculous how the game is not updated the same day as ios and android users.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I think it'll blend with the skin tone, since the guys' spoiler shows a darker color.

Last year I remember starting a party after I saw the purple banner and icons. :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Syndra x wrote: »
    But if I got a (pixelated)GB item in my free box, I feel like i should get all GB items because it'll look kinda strange to use one pixelated GB item and I don't think that all these GB items are worth chasing IMO :)

Exactly my thoughts Syndra, they're cool, but this can become too expensive for a single day of joke.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Well the funny thing about April Fools, you never know what the story is. I'm getting up early, to see how things shake out. Who's with me? I need the shoes, and I need the hair. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I think it's cute for April Fools. Def glad the hair and those shoes aren't gbs. I chased Maria's hair last year with bad results, so to have something to earn this yr besides a bobble head is nice!

Will be curious to see how they work on different skin colors for sure.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I'll guess I'll take it easy this weekend since my dolls won't be able to trick/fool anyone with that April fool's joke.

It seems as though it will blend for everyone to be a true nude - https://www.instagram.com/p/BSSVQHkhecr/
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Vats wrote: »
    Exactly my thoughts Syndra, they're cool, but this can become too expensive for a single day of joke.

Two if you consider Halloween LOL

I like them but won't be chasing anything for a few coming months myself.

#ComeBackVats
    Whi's up and waiting breathlessly?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I am!! Counting down, three more minutes!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Just wanted to let people know that the underwear and shoes ARE the same color as your skin tone.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • stfnaxstfnax Registered Users 40 Posts
    My gift box was energy! Noooo! :( all the quicker to get to the earnable hair though, I guess!
  • WesliciousWeslicious Registered Users 21 Posts
    My free gift box was the Jacket... I feel a good weekend coming on. Very pleased.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Just wanted to let people know that the underwear and shoes ARE the same color as your skin tone.

Yup that's just about right.

If anyone is interested to see how it looks like on my doll's dark-skinned complexion, then I'll just leave the link right here.

I'm not a fan of nude underwear in rl and I don't like the nude shoes since it won't look good with any of my dolls outfits, so I'll skipped out on this April's fool's event.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I got the entire outfit!! It did cost me a 'few' K-stars though...
    Here are my boxes, if anyone wants to see if there is a pattern

IMG_8437.png

IMG_8438.png

IMG_8439.png

IMG_8440.png

So, it did cost me a 'few' K-Stars, but on the bright side I got loads of energy, so I will finish in time!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    I'm so torn......chase the pixellated outfit I'm not 'kray kray' over.....or spend those stars on more TB Boxes? I haven't done an event with NO items.....so the 16 event points per show are driving me mad, but when I get the shoes that will increase. lol.. oh what the he!!. I'll go buy boxes. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    30 event points in my box.

I don't know what to do either. I kinda want one of the pixelated items for the sake of memory. Perhaps one day​ they'll be added to the TB boxes?
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Vats wrote: »

To be fair there are plenty of "normal" event items that I own that I never use because I don't like them. Lately I've been a bit more positive on collections I don't like because I figure one day they'll be added to TB boxes. If I get them now then I'll never be disappointed when I open a TB only to get an item that I've never liked. The GB items are a little different because if I don't like them I definitely don't chase them because I'm certainly not going to pay for items I don't like/want. But for example today I got the 8-bit shoes. I'm never going to wear them because they look weird on their own. But I'll never "win" them in the future so I'm OK.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I got the 30 event points in my box too... ugh

I'm not chasing the pixilated stuff, it actually hurts my eyes when I look at it. Maybe they are trying to make it come into focus?

I do want the nude heels and new hair so I will be doing this weekend like a midweek event -- no bonus help.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Bright side though Holly...once you get the shoes, you get the 2 pounts per costar, and 3 points for the shows...so it does get a little easier.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I got the hair in my free GB! I don't think I'm going to chase any of the other stuff, I've had really bad luck chasing GB outfits recently so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. I do want the earnable hair and shoes though so I'll be trying to finish the event.
    ****I play on ios****
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    It would have been fun to get one of the pixelated items, but oh well. I didn't pick my usual box which would have gotten me the dress.

VNdsBdE.png
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    To be fair there are plenty of "normal" event items that I own that I never use because I don't like them. Lately I've been a bit more positive on collections I don't like because I figure one day they'll be added to TB boxes. If I get them now then I'll never be disappointed when I open a TB only to get an item that I've never liked. The GB items are a little different because if I don't like them I definitely don't chase them because I'm certainly not going to pay for items I don't like/want. But for example today I got the 8-bit shoes. I'm never going to wear them because they look weird on their own. But I'll never "win" them in the future so I'm OK.

Yeah, I do and think the same as you.

Linda congrats on getting all the pixels outfit!

Has been 5 weeks since I got an event item within the boxes, though not total out of luck since 3x were stars.

Also noticed that kash isn't popping up as often to me, today all 4 items were in my palette and none kash.

I already reached the socks by now. Vats currently is on his cowboy attire, guess tomorrow he'll be a naked cowboy.:cool:

Nobody else is bothered that they removed the nipples and ripped abs from guys' dolls?

I'm profusely bothered for sure!:eek:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I was in the same boat as you Vats. I can't remember the last time I got a GB item before today and I actually would've been ok not to win one this week...

Also, Ken dolls!
    I ended up waking way too early but the event had started and I figured I'd at least work through my free box and was suprised to receive the hair. it's odd but also kind've fun too?

If I look back at last year's items I barely use Simon's suit or big head given the skin tone differences but they're really fun items to have so I can't help but love them/

#ComeBackVats
  • xtaylor22xtaylor22 Registered Users 12 Posts
    So are kindle users going to get the update with the event anytime soon, or is this just another event that we'll miss out on...again?
    I hope you guys are included soon, so sorry you have to wait.

On a different note, has it been mentioned thwt the puxel shzdes look animated? Is that so? I will have to buy boxes now. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Maria has some tricks up her sleeve! Hope you all literally LOL this weekend.

twitter_6.4_next_gen_promo.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.