Options

Clothing Glitches or "Hacks"

thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
Boring backstory you should skip: Several months ago, using a method I was unable to replicate and can no longer remember, I somehow managed to separate a pair of shoes from the jumpsuit they were attached to. From then on, they were available in my closet as just a pair of shoes (the jumpsuit remained available as well). Anyway, my device was destroyed, I lost months of progress and the shoes, and I sort of forgot about the whole thing.

Today I was in the closet, trying on the new over-the-knee boots (photo 1) to see what I could wear them with before I decided whether or not to buy them. I tried on one of the gift box tank/shorts outfits and noticed the boots looked completely different (picture 2). At this point I thought, "Maybe those are different boots," so I removed and re-added them and Iolanthe was forced into a skirt but kept the top (picture 3).
1.png2.png3.png

And then I was able to change her skirt and shoes and save the outfit, which has made me very happy because I never seem to wear those little tank/shorts romper things as they are, but now they're a cute new top.
KKH_Screenshot_1490862838893.jpg

I'm curious to know if this works for anyone else and to know if there are any other "hacks" you've figured out in your own closet.
Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    oh, I'll give it a try. Anyone who has AppleP frozen in their game can see another She's wearing the Warrior type Huntsman short dress without the attached leggings. It opens up that dress tremendously and you can wear with any shoes. Lets see if I recall how to do it. As far as I know, it ONLY works if you have the 2014 Halloween thigh high boots.

1) Put on the dress,
    2) Put on the halloween thigh high boots,
    3) then switch into any other pair of shoes or boots, and that should do it. Boom, leggings off.

Huntsman_Fix.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    You're right, that makes a bigger difference than I would have thought. I love that look! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Can't post pictures or anything because I don't have a phone but theres is a way to separate attached shoes. I have done it with the recent jeans we got with all the holes, as well as those cream trousers with the attached cream heels that you get at like level 40 something. I can't remember exactly how to do it but I believe you just put on the pants, change into one of the floral rompers from the gift boxes, and then you can change into any of the pants/ dresses or skirts you want! If anyone wants to try that, let me know if it works!
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I feel like when I discover something it's completely by accident with no idea how I did it but here's a small one I know for sure:

7wY94lN.png?2

This bracelet by default has two flower rings attached. But if you put on your wedding ring (it may work with other rings too I just haven't tried them) then you can wear it as just a bracelet and it looks a lot nicer!

8L56gGd.jpg
  • Options
    OMG, on one hand, I love this thread but....incase they ever fix my 'lose the leggings' I will be sadder but wiser. We love the looks glu, but you know we like to style it. We do love you though.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Should I delete this thread before they find it? I've been a little concerned. :( These are good glitches, Glu!
  • Options
    I know, I was hesitant to post mine because I actually use the bracelet a lot, I just hate the flower rings. That's why I said it looks nicer in hopes they won't fix it :p
  • Options
    no. I was teasing. We're not talking about cheats or the other kind of hacks, we're just talking about little 'tricks' we found in fashion. I really don't think they're going to go fixing these. And, I don't believe we're doing anything wrong here. I think you're safe, if you want to delete your tip, you can, but I'm leaving my pictoral up. I see glu as benevolent, while still out for profit. So, I don't think they're going to take away something innocent that doesn't hurt anyone. <
    this message brought to you by Optimistic Opal. Always looks at the bright side of life.....event when it sunburns her butt. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    Can't post pictures or anything because I don't have a phone but theres is a way to separate attached shoes. I have done it with the recent jeans we got with all the holes, as well as those cream trousers with the attached cream heels that you get at like level 40 something. I can't remember exactly how to do it but I believe you just put on the pants, change into one of the floral rompers from the gift boxes, and then you can change into any of the pants/ dresses or skirts you want! If anyone wants to try that, let me know if it works!

I just confirmed this worked! I used the jeans we recently got in an event and tried on one of the rompers (like in the example thinkthistle used). That kept the shoes and then I put on a different pair of jeans and the shoes stayed! And bonus, as in thinkthistle's example I got to use the romper as a top.

hnqX0dH.jpg
  • Options
    Worked for me. I got her in those shoes in a kovely top and skirt. I
    'L post oics in a few. Loving this.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Koko I just tried the dress thing with my doll. Put on the overknee boots, then the dress, then another pair of shoes and the tights disappeared! You're right, that makes the dress so easier to use!
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    I feel like when I discover something it's completely by accident with no idea how I did it but here's a small one I know for sure:

7wY94lN.png?2

This bracelet by default has two flower rings attached. But if you put on your wedding ring (it may work with other rings too I just haven't tried them) then you can wear it as just a bracelet and it looks a lot nicer!

8L56gGd.jpg

Oh Soundspretty, thank you so much for this tip. I never manage to recreate these tips, but...your tip works with any rings . Here she is with the bracelet with the ring her spouse gave her last year. Great tip SPretty!

IMG_1610.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    the high boots glitch is one of my favs. It works with the old Halloween thigh highs and the red riding hood stockings

2ltlzfc.jpg

of course, sometimes better than others

34g8vfq.jpg
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    I love this last one, but I don't think red's her natural hair color.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    stfnaxstfnax Registered Users 40 Posts
    i love this last one, but i don't think red's her natural hair color.

.........ha!