Options

Kendall Photography Quest Warning/ Dress Auction / Get the Dress

ThanatosXThanatosX Registered Users 39 Posts
Design Convention event forces a bidding war that ends up at 110 stars for the exclusive dress. Part of the Kendall Photo story.

As someone who likes to use their stars on VIP weekends to progress the prizes, getting forced to dump over 100 stars with no warning feels bad. There is a warning before the bidding war starts that the dress is exclusive and not obtainable elsewhere, but by then you are in the 8hr event and locked into a dialogue. Hold off doing this quest line until VIP rolls around again, if that's when you like to use your stars too.

Makes me feel sick, this would be over 20% progress for a VIP weekend. Got to put the game down for a while and do something else.
iOS

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    I'm sorry you didn't know about this ThanatosX. There was a lot of discussion over it, and the gig shows up in your tasks as "Get That Dress". A lot of people chose not to get the dress, there is a 2nd chance after the auction to buy the dress for 120 Stars I believe. But, you don't have to get the dress. I got the dress once without VIP, the 2nd game held off on Get That Dress for a VIP, and the third game is holding off for the next VIP.

I guess I have to ask, do you like the dress? I'm sorry you felt compelled to buy it. Next time, you can always ask here, or chances are someone's already gone through it and we talked about it. But I know the unhappy feeling after dumping a bunch of stars and then remorse sets in. But next time, just come ask about something here.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    The warning implied now or never, trapped in a dialogue with full energy is not an efficient place to be on an event weekend. I spent 15mins hunting through thread titles here and on chaptercheats, didn't run into anything about that particular quest. I caved in so I could finish the project and didn't want to miss out on an item.

Very burned that a K star and one time only warning wasn't before initiating the project. Had the remorse before spending the stars which is new.
    iOS
  • Options
    I didn't mean to sound scolding, or telling you you should have known better. I was simply saying we talked about it a lot here, but you shouldn't ever feel forced into something. I ran a search for Dress Auction and pulled up a number of posts about the auction, and the 2nd chance for 120 Stars.

Can I suggest if you ever wonder about a gig to just pop into the forum and ask if anyone knows about something. If it doesnt help, you're no worse off, but if someone can offer a quick response it could help. Bottom line, it's a lovely dress, and I hope you can enjoy wearing it, without feeling bad about it. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I didn't take what you said with offence, you were trying to be helpful. As a forum regular you were up to date through the discussion in a thread with a title that wasn't specific to what I was looking for so I missed it. Forum searches tend to be hit and miss, some are more awful at returning results than others, Google is usually the first port of call if I want a search, and it didn't find what I was after. I don't expect fast responses on a forum either, usually within a day unless it's something a lot of people are discussing. It's done now and I got the dress at a minor discount of 10stars, got to try and build back up to 500 stars for the next VIP.

Hopefully people not as far along the quests will see my thread and not walk in blind at least.
    iOS
  • Options
    You know what, i'll add Get the dress/Dress Auction to the title. This way, more people might have success searching, and you'll have saved them from the same confusion surrounding your experience. ;) We're a good team!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SDC93SDC93 Registered Users, Member 1,167 Posts
    Anyone have a picture of the dress?  I just got this quest and I’m trying to decide if I’m gonna put it off until vip lol
  • Options
    TrashleyKKHTrashleyKKH Registered Users, Member 4,516 Posts

@SDC93 here is the dress. If you ask me, I don’t think it is worth it now. Back then, I would say it was worth it but now, there are better items in game even from the Kloset. 
    IOS Player 
  • Options
    RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    edited May 2021
    Guys I need help! I’m in the middle of this quest right now in my male game and we are bidding on what I think is a leather jacket...I don’t even know what it looks like! Could someone show me the jacket? I don’t want to spend my k-stars unwisely