kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
tailgate.jpg

My usual brilliance (*kough kough)
has been spent elswhere this morning
so I've got nothing this morning.
Except that this week's
Monday Anticipation Thread for a Midweek Event
is open right about now to Psych us into a couple of days
of .....of, um, ok, so we don't know what this midweek will be.
Will we be tapping and grinding blah blah.....

Yeah I know. right now there's only one thing you want to hear,
and it's not some dopey poem that trails off in the middle,
it's not some wild video meant to draw you in.
It's simply this:

Let's talk about a possible midweek
will it be different? Something new? something missed?
Is it another chance to play for prizes, perhaps some TBs.
Will we pose for the cameras?
Or date our true love?
Only thing on your mind right now,
is 'Where the he11 is Rainbox Glitter Alex?
Announcing to us the thread's open,
so we can dream and hope about what the week will bring.

Ok, Polite begging encouraged
Here's Alex!

alex_trebek_0_1437060968.jpg

no no no. that's trebeck. Not 'Our' Alex.
Hmmmm, can't find it.

Wait a minute........Ah yeah, got it.

AlexConfetti.gif
Yeah, that's the one.

Threads Open, now forgive me for this
F-
poor excuse for a thread opening. Hey, I've got an idea...
Let's start over......

Thread's Open Let's Rock!

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13

Comments

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I read party in the title and I'm already scared. Please no more parties this week :D

Thanks for opening the thread, Koko! I'm excited to see what happens tomorrow :)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Oh, I'm sorry, I would never scare friends like that.....not intentionally. I'm partied out. My fingers have blisters (ok, well that's because I burned them on the oven BUT I DO have blisters. lol. no I just imagined us actually gathering, waiting to get in, or in this case.....waiting to here if we're midweeking, and what it will be. Last week they switched it up.....2 TBs right? I got one in one game. That's what I have to do for these midweeks, pic one game and grind with that....the other two just sit it out pretty much.

But, if they hit us with another SYS, or something, with 2 TBs, and an outfit.....I'll set my alarm, prop my eyelids open with toothpics....I'll grind with all 3 for one of those. lol. Happy Spring, Happy Monday... Happy happy happy happy Spring!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I wonder if we'll ever have SYS again :( Those were a nice break from the normal midweeks because you could still earn items but didn't have to grind. I hope if we have an event this week it's a nice and easy professional or reality show TB.

Speaking of, I forgot my phone at home this morning and of course I started an 8 hour gig after I woke up. Good news is I have to leave work early for an appointment and my house is on the way so I can stop by and pick it up and hopefully salvage the rating.
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    A SYS Event would be amazing. It's been forever since we had one. I'm not gonna get my hopes up tho. We're probably just having another "throwback" event.
    Took party out of the title so it won't scare anyone else. supacool.gif

Hey, it could be something special....but pssssst. The 3rd Anniversary of Glu's Glorius Gift to Us is fast approaching. And let me tell you the first 2 anniversary updates were knock your socks off great. So, if for now the stuff is same ole same ole, i can only believe it's because the gods are so busy producing the nectar for tbis uocoming Annivrsary. I'll take a nice quiche and salad for now knowing

A banquet is coming my way. Ya know?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PaavoPaavo Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 32 Posts
    I really hope for WWIB (with no entry fee) or SYS event, but we'll see :)
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    The midweek will be a 5-Star Throwback Event (Professional)!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    I'm glad. Because I have a system now. Only one game grinds for the Prize, the other will drop out midway. AppleP for the win. So I grind like a normal person during the week. Only grind like an insane person on the weekend. And we're all just a little insane.

Thanks Kalinda. Happy monday!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    You can get this too!

April_11_-_Rerun_-_Exclusive_Pack_19_IAP.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Yay, a professional midweek!! Maybe this week will be the week that I will get the gorgeous pink dress that got away...
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    I wonder if we'll ever have SYS again :( Those were a nice break from the normal midweeks because you could still earn items but didn't have to grind. I hope if we have an event this week it's a nice and easy professional or reality show TB.

Speaking of, I forgot my phone at home this morning and of course I started an 8 hour gig after I woke up. Good news is I have to leave work early for an appointment and my house is on the way so I can stop by and pick it up and hopefully salvage the rating.

Let us know if you get there in time.
    Fingers crossed for you Doll.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Thanks, Kalinda! tumblr_inline_mtbpbbMcEu1qid2nw.gif But i̶ ̶a̶m̶ some of us are still hoping for an SYS event. tumblr_inline_mrp139OduG1qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mrp139OduG1qz4rgp.gif
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    I miss SYS like, a lot. WWIB seemed to be a replacement to that rather than an addition to the events roster though, and that was a nightmare in event form. I'm still worried WWIB is just lurking and waiting for us to let our guard down before it suddenly strikes again.
  • Mary - LouMary - Lou Registered Users 27 Posts
    sorry im new...SYS??? WWIB???
    I do love the SYS events. I'd love to see one of them again. But, in a way I need the professional instead. With Easter this Sunday, I have a lot to get ready for. This way I can play comfortably, while still having time for RL. :) But another week SYS. OK Glu?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Gabebot3000Gabebot3000 Registered Users 64 Posts
    This isn't the smc I wanted I wanted the smc with the big hair and black skirt with white top and black heels please add that along with next weeks throwback please
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Mary - Lou wrote: »

Show Your Style and Who Wore It Best (or worst) as we joked.

They were both contests where you'd submit an outfit and get results. SYS was 4 hours while WWIB was instant. With SYS you had to sometimes buy a certain item to participate such as earrings or pants and if you won you got so many points to advance

15047058_1372799279459567_2465894110800642048_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM4NDIyMzU3NDgzMDczNDk3Nw%3D%3D.2

*found this on google, thanks to whoever posted it

WWIB you had to pay kstars to enter each round. It's harder to explain but it was just really disappointing when you saw outfits put together that won that were ehhhh. If you won you could move on to the next item, but obviously that wasn't easy losing against tacky outfits after paying 5+Kstars.

Professional gigs are always OK with me. I can get thru those and I have the store gigs to work on as well! I'm also trying to gain as much $$$ as possible so I can buy the Maipo home for the llama!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Mary - Lou wrote: »

Sorry Mary-Lou! SYS is Show Your Style, which was an event where you build an outfit around a particular piece of clothing and enter your dolls to be judged by random people over the next 4 hours. People vote on the winner and you win event points if you won or lost but you get more if you win.

WWIB is Who Wore It Best, which is almost exactly the same except you pay K stars to enter, you're judged immediately, and the people you're competing against are also the ones voting, so everyone tries to game the system by voting for the worst looks to give themselves a better chance of winning, which leads to people dressing themselves poorly so they might win. You have the opportunity to win more items though.
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Show Your Style and Who Wore It Best (or worst) as we joked.

They were both contests where you'd submit an outfit and get results. SYS was 4 hours while WWIB was instant. With SYS you had to sometimes buy a certain item to participate such as earrings or pants and if you won you got so many points to advance

15047058_1372799279459567_2465894110800642048_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM4NDIyMzU3NDgzMDczNDk3Nw%3D%3D.2

WWIB you had to pay kstars to enter each round. It's harder to explain but it was just really disappointing when you saw outfits put together that won that were ehhhh. If you won you could move on to the next item, but obviously that wasn't easy losing against tacky outfits after paying 5+Kstars.

Professional gigs are always OK with me. I can get thru those and I have the store gigs to work on as well! I'm also trying to gain as much $$$ as possible so I can buy the Maipo home for the llama!

Yass we need another one of these events the last one was cute
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    You can get this too!

April_11_-_Rerun_-_Exclusive_Pack_19_IAP.jpg

$9.99 for just a hairstyle???
    Or $9.99 for a hairstyle, another pair of black pants, another Pair of black sunglasses, and black sneakers?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Or $9.99 for a hairstyle, another pair of black pants, another Pair of black sunglasses, and black sneakers?

Hi holly its only those that you see the hair in bun the sun shades and black yeezys if you have any questions feel free to pm any one of the moderators
    Gabe you're awesome. But telling players to pm moderation because they're not sure what the items in an upcoming deal is bad advice. We got a teaser, talk about it sure, ask in the forum ...of course. But tell a member pm a mod if they have a problem, not if thry need to know what else is in an upcoming deal, that will be revealed when it applies. Thanks for trying to help, but that was bad advice doll. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    HollySisk wrote: »

no pants doll. You get hair/shades/kicks and 60 Energy. Pants and top not included.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I hoped for 2 earnable tb boxes :(

I never spent 60 Kstars on a box where I could end up with a green feather boa and I never will. I miss the times where we got 4 earnable tb boxes :(
    Gabe you're awesome. But telling players to pm moderation because they're not sure what the items in an upcoming deal is bad advice. We got a teaser, talk about it sure, ask in the forum ...of course. But tell a member pm a mod if they have a problem, not if thry need to know what else is in an upcoming deal, that will be revealed when it applies. Thanks for trying to help, but that was bad advice doll. ;)

Okay koko I'll keep that in mind thank you
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Here is why I absolutely hate this type of event and really really miss SYS:
    6ZsmKcE.jpg
    Ouch Amillicious. That palette hurts me, and it's not mine. Great palette if you need cash. I know we complained about buying the item to enter SYS, but right now those 2 tbs followed by 2clothing items was awesome.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mary - LouMary - Lou Registered Users 27 Posts
    Thanks to everyone who explained SYS & WWIB to me! Am lovin this Forum! :cool:
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »

I beg you, Glu, if you do another one of these events, please don't make an update necessary the very same day or week. KindleFire users did not get the update in time to participate in this event and missing out on stars and that lovely gown was beyond frustrating. I assume you can set it to begin the week following the update? Please do that.. thank you. :D
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Glad that is a professional event, though I join the choir of those who are willing for SYS, more throwback boxes and all blah blah blah that we have here every week...

Got cash and stars from the black boxes, grinding my way to the gold one now.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!