Game takes up more than 1GB & keeps freezing?

KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
My game keeps freezing after a couple minutes of playing. I have to restart it every time. It started happening when the Midweek event (TB with parties - 18 of April) started.

I also noticed that the game now takes up much more storage than it used to.
It always was no more than 500 Mb, but now it's 1 GB. It started a couple of updates ago.
What's up with that? Is that okay?
Can you please reduce it back to normal? Because I think that's too much.

11h9bg0.jpg

I play on iPod Touch 5, iOS 9.3.5
Max level, female game.
My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Is there a way to clear the cache for specific apps on Apple products? I use Android so I can't say for certain that's your problem, but whenever I have space issues or an app is slow that's usually the culprit. Sometimes the cache files can become almost as big as the app itself. I'm just wondering if that could be the issue since your app has doubled in size.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Hey Kate!

I play KKH from my Android devices. I usually tend to come across internal storage space issues on my tablet, but never on my phone though. I'm only playing two glu games (including K&K) so far and sometimes the game app size does increases on my device's memory.

Have you ever tried 360 security app? I used that to do cleanups when I can't update my KKH game or the pre-installed apps, and it works for me since it's just a temporary fix for trashing out the junky caches on my device. Maybe you should try that too if you'd be willing to.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    The safest thing to do is try to clear more space on your device to prevent freezing/crashing/loading issues.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Koko, we must be on the same page then because sometimes I have to delete photos or moved the pics to my Google drive or my Dropbox account since it may have taken over my device's internal storage space.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I am always moving pics off my device, deleting apps I tried but aren't crazy about. I deleted some pics but it didn't show a difference. My iPad Pro is awesome, the 128 tb assure my hubby there will be no more arguments about room. I love Androids expandable memory. But you can't play the game from there. I removed my earlier comment because Kalinda's advice is awesome.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    It's ridiculous that a game is over 1GB. I feel like mine is pretty large and it's only at 169MB. Surely the photos saved to your device aren't included in the app data? I know mine saves to my device and takes up a lot of room but I don't think it ties in with the game size. I tried Google and apparently there isn't a way to clear the cache for apps on iOS. You can clear your cache for your internet browser (like temporary files on a computer) but that would be unrelated to what the app is collecting. Weird that Apple doesn't give you the means to do this. Some say you can clear where it says "Documents and Data" under storage and it won't delete your actual game data but without knowing what that does I'd be nervous. On Android you can delete the cache or data and cache only deletes the temporary files but data would clear out the whole game. Most games this isn't a problem because your game is saved externally from your device but for games like KKH that is device dependent I wouldn't risk it.

There are third-party apps you can download to access a hidden cache folder by connecting your device to a computer and deleting the folder that way. I won't link them here but a quick Google search ("delete app cache ios") will link you to a few recommendations that seem to work.
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Thanks everyone for your replies!
    I had to wipe my iPod clean and restore the copy via iTunes in order to bring the game back to normal.
    It is less than 400 MB like it rightfully should.
    I hope it will not get back to being 1 GB any time soon.
    v2sojc.jpg

Wow. Very eye opening. Now, i told you mine was 1.24gb so i'm wondering if i s should do that....but with 128gb drive, and 112gb free i'm wondering if there is any advantage to going through the hassle. You're my new expert Kate....what do you think?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Koko, actually, I don't think it's necessary since you have what seems like more than enough storage on your device. After all, it does take a lot of time to back up your device through iTunes, than restore it back to basics, and then to finally restore the copy. It took me about 3 hours I believe... But for me it was worth it, obviously, so if you need it, why not?

I also want to stress that even though I have about 6 GBs of free storage on my device now, the game still unfortunately crashes frequently. I hope it will be fixed in the upcoming update.

My fingers are crossed for a whole bunch of bug fixes...... still nothing in the App Store. Lol sp much for checking every 3 hours.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary