Monday Means May Day~ & A SYS MidWeek 5/2/17

Comments

• tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I just bit the bullet and submitted...and wasn't charged. Phew! I feel like I can get excited now as I love the items and am looking forward to my TB box! Will keep a close eye on my stars, though.

Oh, and I also love that ring, Koko! I'm a sucker for the sparkly animated items :)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Thanks Eggs. This was a relief. The whole bring back of SYS, the most awesome dress ever to enter with (and a steal at 30Stars), the gorg clothes to win after a TB, and then a little glitch rocks the boat for a bit. Glad we're back in clear waters. Full steam ahead guys....lets rock this thing.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PeachyKKeenPeachyKKeen Registered Users 19 Posts
    You're lucky it was only five! It is ten for me 😡
  • PeachyKKeenPeachyKKeen Registered Users 19 Posts
    You're lucky it was only five! It is ten for me 😡

Glad I came here to check! Like everyone else, I hit submit and wasn't charged. Phew!
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    In my sleepy haze I thought I was hallucinating when the game didn't actually take my 5 k stars that it said I had to pay to enter but I was too exhausted to come here and check. But it looks like this is happening for everyone. So yay! Not crazy.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    It said 5kstars to submit a look. I but the bullet and did it, hoping it would be a one time charge. Then I came here to see how others were handling the pay to play. Relieved to hear that the game didn't take the Kstars. I'll pay attention and screen shot next round.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Yes,i think we're all relieved. That hair at the end of the rainbow must be mine. Lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Yes,i think we're all relieved. That hair at the end of the rainbow must be mine. Lol

Agreed it's fabulous
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I came here with my outrage because aaaaaahhhhh greedy! But I'm okay now and I retract my petulance. P. S Thanks for bringing back old SYS.
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Thank you, Glu, for not taking our stars! I am so relieved and happy to participate.

On a side note, it's hard to choose (vote) for one look when both entries are decently styled and it's just a matter of personal taste. I hate to have any part in any person's look losing! I miss the suspected NPC entries we used see more frequently.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    I'm thrilled I saw Vatsy. His doll was def the better look, but when I saw Vuitton....I had to vote for him. Even had I not seen Vuitton, it looked just like Vatsy....so I had to vote him. Haven't recognized anyone else, but I'm voting a lot and think I see. Decent number of npcs. Always just one thing off with them. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I'm thrilled I saw Vatsy. His doll was def the better look, but when I saw Vuitton....I had to vote for him. Even had I not seen Vuitton, it looked just like Vatsy....so I had to vote him. Haven't recognized anyone else, but I'm voting a lot and think I see. Decent number of npcs. Always just one thing off with them. Lol.

I thought I may have voted for Vats.. blonde, beard, & puppy in a carrier bag?
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    That's who I saw, in a mod looking greenish fitted jacket. Let me pull up his look right now for us to see if the same. Ok, he's not in the right hair, so hat won't help. But it has to be him with the doggy. 7 minutes to the next round ....
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Nvm the offer for the glittery dress popped up for me today but i saw the dress in the closet before it suggested you purchase it to participate in the SYS.

I am also confused about this as I've noticed some people are stating they have to pay k stars to submit a look but i haven't had to pay anything. :confused:
    Entered my second look and it request 5 Kstars again but again it didn't take them. Also does anyone know how the points are calculated? You get 5 points for submitting a look and I won 20 points after my first submission, will I get 20 points every time? I Can't remember how the last SYS went.
    astray wrote: »
    Nvm the offer for the glittery dress popped up for me today but i saw the dress in the closet before it suggested you purchase it to participate in the SYS.

I am also confused about this as I've noticed some people are stating they have to pay k stars to submit a look but i haven't had to pay anything. :confused:

Hi. It says it will cost to submit a look in a lot of cases. Some 5 stars, some 10, some 25. Some 0. Screenshot the page saying you can submit. Look for x amount of stars. The screenshot shows your stars, energy everything. Then submit. None of us are actually losing stars. If you WEREcharged and paid stars to submit, you can send thosevscreenshots to Eggs or Kalinda.

bottom line...it should not be charging you. We all thought we were being charged....but we are not. So play Astray Play. I'll see you in the winners lounge. Lol

speaking of which, how did everyone do on their first rounds?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Entered my second look and it request 5 Kstars again but again it didn't take them. Also does anyone know how the points are calculated? You get 5 points for submitting a look and I won 20 points after my first submission, will I get 20 points every time? I Can't remember how the last SYS went.

If you lose, you get 10 points.
    PM to add
    It's 210 points for the last item. Hope I get there!
    PM to add
    Naimonster wrote: »
    If you lose, you get 10 points.

Thanks a million :)

In the past you get five points for each look you submit. Then when the round ends if you've won you get 20 points , if you lose I believe you get 10 points. That's how it used to be.

And no one has been charged stars even if it says it's going to cost stars .....so party time In the forum!!!!!!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yeah Linda, anf lala. We all thoight whe it said pay 5 or 25 stars...that it charged us. But like you i was anxious to start and did not notice the stars weren't taken. But aren't the clothes great? And i was so excited to see Vatsy. I think i'm the only one in the game who wears the animated heart ring. To me it looks lile a ruby surroi ded by diamonds. It has facets! So, if you see it, it's me. And probably a lot of peop.e hate that ri g, so maybe i should change it. We'll see if all 3 lose. If so....gottsa be the ring.

i think i voted for you then koko because there was someone with an animated ring that showed hearts popping out of it. ^.^
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    It's 210 points for the last item. Hope I get there!

Nai, thanks for sharing that! Seems reachable.

The event seems to be glitch-free apart from the fake price tag on the submit button (mine also says 5 KStars), so I'm not getting results earlier anymore, oh well :(
    Hope we all will get the last item. Good luck to everyone!
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

Hi. It says it will cost to submit a look in a lot of cases. Some 5 stars, some 10, some 25. Some 0. Screenshot the page saying you can submit. Look for x amount of stars. The screenshot shows your stars, energy everything. Then submit. None of us are actually losing stars. If you WEREcharged and paid stars to submit, you can send thosevscreenshots to Eggs or Kalinda.

bottom line...it should not be charging you. We all thought we were being charged....but we are not. So play Astray Play. I'll see you in the winners lounge. Lol

speaking of which, how did everyone do on their first rounds?

ah okay was just confused because it never tells me to pay kstars i just submit the look and collect the points. I'm still waiting since I was busy with kids and submitted kinda late so i won't know the outcome but my fingers are crossed, lol.
  • Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    Guys, am I the only one missing the event? (Android user here!)
  • kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    I find it a bit hard to make your outfit stand out since it revolves around a dress.. There's only so much you can do with it tbh.
    kiko.park wrote: »
    I find it a bit hard to make your outfit stand out since it revolves around a dress.. There's only so much you can do with it tbh.

I do agree, however think about the makeup, hair, accessories like bags and shoes or jewellery you will defo create an outstanding look chick!
    Lana~ wrote: »

That's really strange that you don't have the event I'm on an android and i have the event.

you should probably contact GLU support because you should have the event, unless you're playing a hacked version.
  • WesliciousWeslicious Registered Users 21 Posts
    Mine was going well. No charge notification, won my first round so went straight back in for the second when...

14w94qp.png

Sorted now, I think it just needed to catch itself up lol.

Check the store for update. Sometimes my Android reverses my update or something, and I have to update again.
    PM to add

im sorry you're not getting it. Have you tried shutting down , and rebooting? Let me try and get some help for you.

i'll wait till you take Nai's advice and check for any updates in the store. Please check, and report back,
    oh.....another question. Have you checked the featured tab in your wardrobe? Is the purple sparkling mini dress in there avail for purchase?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary