Weekend Event 5/05/17 ~ Cinco de Mayo - Salsa for Everyone!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
You know, with the successful return of the now beloved
Show Your Style Midweek event,
It occured to me that maybe we should hold off on starting the Weekend Event Thread.

A nanosecond later I came to my senses.

I said to myself "Linda's depending on this"
Then I thought, but the SYS is still going on......
then I thought Hey this weekend is Cinco De Mayo. We can do this.
So cue the Salsa Dancers. It's

Cinco.gif
at
El foro de Kim Kardashian: Hollywood juego

Cinco de Mayo is tomorrow.....same day as our next fun filled KK:H Weekend Fiesta...I mean Event!

So first things first.....let's kick this off with a little Mariachi Rock.

They'll be dancing, and eating and drinking Cervasa.

Hugos-_Houston-_Mexican-restaurant-_Sunday-brunch_1.jpg

So, in addition to all of this Latin fare, what will we be doing?
And what will we be doing it for?
We need Spoilers for that, and no one does spoilers better than our very own
Senorita Kalinda

Will there be parties, or gigs? Perhaps Shopping? Will Camera's be Rolling? Is it Cinco de
Amore?

Whatever it is, we'll know soon enough. So while we politely cajole, and plead and even midly beg, lets be entertaining. If you can't do a poem, or even Haiku....a colorful chant sounds perfect for you.

Bring the Tapas, tamale and more, let's have a party while we wait.
Do you celebrate the day? Is it the margueritas, the food or just the whole festive atmostphere?
So, let's slap a Sombrero on good old Alex, and declare:

Sombrero_Alex.gif
El hilo está abierto
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1345

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    My guess is party weekend if they embrace the holiday. I'm going out with the girls after work for some margaritas and food and then Saturday my parents are in town and we have plans all day so I won't be able grind much :( So personally I would like a VIP so I won't have to worry about it lol.
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    I would really love to see a "keep the cameras rolling" event.... Feels like we haven't had those in a while... :cool:
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    I'm guessing a party weekend. Tomorrow's Cinco de Mayo so what the heck?! Party on baby!
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Yay thread is open!! Love the opening, Koko!!
    I'm also thinking party event, but reality event would really help me climb that reality show ladder!!
    We don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo in my country but I will join in with my margarita!!

giphy.gif
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Party weekends are so slow..........nearly a full tank of energy for one 3 hour party. If you don't have the GB items.....you're sunk. But....I'll dig out the castanettes, and an old flamingo dancer costume from a few Halloweens ago. Make a pitcher of Barcardi and colas. That will make it all go faster.

I wanted to put some pitbull in here, but when he sings in Spanish....who knows what he's saying , kwim? so....I know we have lovely Latinas and Latinos here, help us kick up the Cinco de Mayo party properly.
    Meanwhile.....you know what I love about margaritas? the are the same kolor as Midori. That melon flavored liquer, when you need a pop of color.

kim-kardashian-drinks-midori-full-hd-wallpaper.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    I 100% think it will be a party event however id love "keep the cameras rolling" event I love them!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hey, has this girl's entire outfit been released?

15135927_958196437619403_1895515953394297675_n.jpg?oh=b97c1958c1f01d0173cc1cd12c00d795&oe=59853861
    PM to add
    VIP partnership on the Boots and hat, and I'm not sure where the dress is from. :) it might have been there too. I could only see spaghetti straps in the game thumbnail.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
    VIP partnership on the Boots and hat, and I'm not sure where the dress is from. :) it might have been there too. I could only see spaghetti straps in the game thumbnail.

Yes the dress is one of the VIP partnerships in the daily boxes
    I play iOS and android please update nicki Minaj the empire
    Hat.jpg

Boots.jpg

Dress.jpg

There you go. Hope this helps. I am in love with those boots. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DakotaDayDakotaDay Registered Users 13 Posts
    Easily my favorite VIP outfit! That hat is so perfect...I NEED it!

A party event or "keep the camera rolling" would be my guess!
    GC: Dakota.Day
    FB: miss.dakota.day
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Thanks. Looks like I'll never get them lol!
    PM to add
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    I went on a little splurge and got the £48.99 a month subscription for both of my dolls, I'm pretty sure this is the only game I've spent loads of cash on, lol.

My aunt says I'm addicted to the game but I like to think that I'm just a dedicated player lol.

Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo so to all of my fellow latinas/latinos and everyone else feliz Cinco De Mayo!!!
    Astray, I like that Dedicated player. I think we have to dig up our Welcome to the Darkside thread. 2 games....automatic entry. Welcome. Supporting the game.....Yes. Astray I'm proud of you. I think you're really into KK:H now. oh wait...you're a dedicated player. A very dedicated player.
    kim-kardashian-pregnancy-2015-black-hair-smile-g.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    astray wrote: »
    I went on a little splurge and got the £48.99 a month subscription for both of my dolls, I'm pretty sure this is the only game I've spent loads of cash on, lol.

My aunt says I'm addicted to the game but I like to think that I'm just a dedicated player lol.

Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo so to all of my fellow latinas/latinos and everyone else feliz Cinco De Mayo!!!

What's 5 de Mayo?. I'm a very Latin American girl still living in Latin America (Colombian living in Brazil) and have never ever celebrated that. I know North Americans do but I don't get it, do you know what do they celebrate?.

Oh and if it's salsa dancing please, just let me know where 'cause I'm ready! LOL.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    Ahh - it's historically a Mexican festival. Wiki says:

Cinco de Mayo (pronounced: [ˈsiŋko ðe ˈmaʝo]; Spanish for "Fifth of May") is a celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza.

So, I know there is a vast difference between the Spanish nations, (like the separateness of European nations) so, I erred when I assumed all the Latin countries celebrated. Mea culpa.

But......you don't have to be Mexican to celebrate. So let's party.

P.S. and the Salsa dancing will be lead by Stardust in the Rainbow room after the Spoilers. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Happy Cinco de Mayo. We'll be partying this weekend!

I love the tucked in orange earnable shirt and frayed jeans, as well as the guys' gift box pants.

May_05-_Female_Rewards_Promo.jpg

May_05_-_Female_Giftbox_Promo.jpg

May_05_-_Male_Rewards_Promo.jpg

May_05_-_Male_Giftbox_Promo.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Not a fan of the shoes or the jeans or the shirt... But.... The dress-jacket combo and the hair with the hat...... Crossing my fingers that i will win either one of those!!!!!! :D:rolleyes::D
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    Can't say I love the earnables much. The GB items are much better, as usual. My question is, why do the guys get earnable hair and we don't? I could use less shoes and more hair.
    Ahh - it's historically a Mexican festival. Wiki says:

Cinco de Mayo (pronounced: [ˈsiŋko ðe ˈmaʝo]; Spanish for "Fifth of May") is a celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza.

So, I know there is a vast difference between the Spanish nations, (like the separateness of European nations) so, I erred when I assumed all the Latin countries celebrated. Mea culpa.

But......you don't have to be Mexican to celebrate. So let's party.
    P.S. and the Salsa dancing will be lead by Stardust in the Rainbow room after the Spoilers. ;)

Oh that's cool. I was just worried I was not celebrating something important for my culture (talk about being embarrassed). So any mexicans in the room? Do you guys celebrate?. I know you have this huge love for all things delicious food and big 'mariachi' hats but maybe you do something special for 5 de Mayo?. If not please let me invite you to our Rainbow room for some salsa dancing (I don't even know if mexicans are actually salsa lovers as peruvians or even colombians are) we have everything ready to shake your esqueleto and show the KKH comunity how a fiesta goes down in Latin America ;).

If you let me present you with this music. This my friends, will make the dead stand up and dance (as my abuela would say). Is not salsa but we'll get there...it's only thursday after all.

[video=youtube_share;VMp55KH_3wo]https://youtu.be/VMp55KH_3wo[/video]

The spoilers...yeah, let's just dance. Lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Hey, has this girl's entire outfit been released?

15135927_958196437619403_1895515953394297675_n.jpg?oh=b97c1958c1f01d0173cc1cd12c00d795&oe=59853861
    It's VIP, I have the whole outfit aside from the hair.
    Ohmagawd I'm in love with that orange top. I need it to add to my silk/satin pj collection. One of my Androids is frozen in one now. More please. And how about some satin Capri pants with little 1 inch slits on the legs. Or shortie bottoms. Simon and Maria have us working like dogs we need something to relax in and still feel fashionable. Anyway so yeah gi88.gifI love the top

oh, and the bike boots. Very nice. Instead of more cans, give us a helmet to sling over our shoulder please. But the boots are perfect. Now I have to go kiss the bike in the garage. Brb
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for the spoilers Kalinda!:)

I absolutely love the earnables! Hope I get the shoes from the boxes to go with the earnables!

Yes this is a Mexican celebration, and for what I understand is celebrated by Mexican-Americans, not a thing in Mexico (please fellow Mexicans correct me if I'm wrong!), isn't a general 'Latin' celebration.

And in Brazil, these terms 'Latin/Hispanic' doesn't mean anything to the general population. If you ask them the meaning of 'Latino', they'll probably answer that is the name of a famous singer from there lol.

Not sure about how this works on other central/south-american countries nor in European countries of latin languages though, but looks like a major thing between North-Americans and Colombians.

Said that, I love Mexico! Here's Mexican diosa Thalia to cheer up the party:

The video is raunchy, but she's basically praying in that song, ok? Can you handle Mexican spice?;)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Happy Cinco de Mayo. We'll be partying this weekend!

May_05-_Female_Rewards_Promo.jpg

Hmm...just as I suspected. I won't be on a motivated mode to grind for all of the earnables. Party events are usually so dang hard to complete though.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I am SO glad the earnables are great, because I always like having some GB items to help to complete party events! I really want the headphones (because I don't have anything like them), but I'd be happy with the dress or hair, too! Hope I don't have to open too many GBs, though, because I'm still recovering from that last VIP event!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    Vats wrote: »
    Thanks for the spoilers Kalinda!:)
    And in Brazil, these terms 'Latin/Hispanic' doesn't mean anything to the general population. If you ask them the meaning of 'Latino', they'll probably answer that is the name of a famous singer from there lol.
    ;)

Really? Maybe is the impression I get from my very little experience on all things Brazilian but...around here Latino means a lot of things, not always good or even related to Brazil, but it sure is a lot more than a singer lol. And yeah, for Colombians being a latino means a lot of things too but mostly just being from this huge mix of cultures and speaking latin lenguages, it's actually a reason for pride or shame and a huge cultural background and history that defines "our culture".

Oh Thalia, how much we love you lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • CloudyPianoCloudyPiano Registered Users 24 Posts
    I'm loving the more relaxed, less hooker-dresses looks lately. Thank you glu for that!
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    When will girls get an earnable hair???? (apart from VIP of course) Guys seem to get it every week for crying out loud. Mad about that.
    The earphones obviously fit better with the first outfit, the dress, boots and the hair should've been earnable instead.
    I kinda like both outfits, but it just doesn't seem fair

Thanks for the spoilers, Kalinda.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Yes this is a Mexican celebration, and for what I understand is celebrated by Mexican-Americans, not a thing in Mexico (please fellow Mexicans correct me if I'm wrong!), isn't a general 'Latin' celebration.

I believe it's actually a rather minor holiday in Mexico if even celebrated at all. I put it along the same lines as St. Patrick's Day.
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    I believe it's actually a rather minor holiday in Mexico if even celebrated at all. I put it along the same lines as St. Patrick's Day.

Just on a side note St. Patrick's day is highly celebrated well in Ireland it's a national holiday and they have parades all over the world to celebrate it!