Monday Means May Day~ & A SYS MidWeek 5/2/17

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    As of last night I only needed 5 points after submitting another look so I was good. Didn't someone figure out you could still complete even if you lost every round? Honestly that would be so reassuring because there have been times I've lost every time no matter what I tried.
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Ooh yes Koko I did! I'm actually proud of myself since usually i give up on events altogether.

I forgot to post this ^.^

Screenshot_2017-05-04-13-55-36-1_zpscpwumbz1.png

I think I should give myself a pat on the back for finally finishing an event, lol! ^.^

just realised that dress compliments Gabriela's heels :)
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    As of last night I only needed 5 points after submitting another look so I was good. Didn't someone figure out you could still complete even if you lost every round? Honestly that would be so reassuring because there have been times I've lost every time no matter what I tried.

Only if you're competing every 4 hours.

I wasn't very punctual, my alarms didn't wake me up lol! But I won every single round for Jax and Xan, very lucky! But unlucky when opening my tb box...
    PM to add
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Yes, That's the message. I can only imagine needing 3 or 4 points, and finding that message when you go to enter. It's kind of cold. I hope no one was surprised or missed out because of it.

Did you get what you wanted Astray? I should scroll up to see who won......right now I'm hoping for all those people who are waiting for results and say they needed 11 points. They HAVE to win. I can't imagine needing a win at the last moment, and getting the "sorry you didn't win...." I'm hoping everyone wins their needed last rounds.

I did...only 5 point to the dress and got the "We're not longer blah blah blah". First time ever that I actually got to the point of having the 3th "box" and I was winning!, so sad. Well such is life. Are pets giving away points? Like sometimes they do during events? Maybe I can try that route but then it's 5 and only 2 hours to go.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • WesliciousWeslicious Registered Users 21 Posts
    Yay, finished.

My spoils from the event:

KKH_Screenshot_1493910452448.jpg

Got 25 KStar in my black box, pretty much paying for my entry. Got the jumper (w00t) in my first TB box and the glasses (bleh) in my second.
    Loving the earnable hair!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!
    Ddz8dvM.png?1

This event brought so much life back to the forum and game! Great to see all your looks girls and guys!:)

This was the look I submited, during the event I just changed the hair color and put on a beard from time to time, once more I confirmed my suspects that brunettes get more votes than blonde guys:
    JJ60vje.jpg
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    I know I voted for you. And I saw just about everyone who posted a look here in the game. But the coolest...when one game voted for the other. Yes the event was awesome. TBH...I can't wait to see what they show us on Monday. Lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Vats wrote: »
    Done!
    Ddz8dvM.png?1

This event brought so much life back to the forum and game! Great to see all your looks girls and guys!:)

This was the look I submited, during the event I just changed the hair color and put on a beard from time to time, once more I confirmed my suspects that brunettes get more votes than blonde guys:
    JJ60vje.jpg

Oh Vats I voted for you!! That makes me so happy lol. For me it's about the overall look. If it feel a little too 'costume party' that's a no thank you and sometimes this huge beards guy have nowadays in the game with the hat and the coat. I mean, give me something to look at! But Vats is the perfect combination of sweet and sexy. He's just gorge.

These were Xime's outfits. I'm kinda proud of myself lol I think she look amazing.
    PSX_20170504_124037.jpg PSX_20170504_124119.jpg PSX_20170504_124155.jpg

Images are huge and I'm lazy. Forgive me.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    astray wrote: »
    That does seem reasonable Carol hopefully they will consider that for future SYS's.
    I don't mind the pay to play just because it's not overly expensive and you get more items in return. If it was every week however that may be a problem. Once or twice a month... and like Carol said we used to have them on the weekends and that would be nice too.

Thanks for agreeing with my statement.

I wouldn't mind participating for the voting events in the future, but I hate when glu wanna charge me to play for SYS. It's like they're trying to say, "if you don't spend your kstars on this dress since it's an requirement to style for SYS, then you're unpermitted to enter the competition".

I find it to be so unfair but that's how I personally feel. That takes the fun outta the game and makes me wanna not participate in it altogether.

Edit: Stardust, I luv Xime hair color. I can't wait to purchase it for the diva lol
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    When I got the hair, I decided to style it with sort of a summery flavor, and put Everly on the Punta Mita beach to show of her look:

QSKEV9L.jpg

Here's Everly wearing everything she got during this event (the heels were from her TB), and I decided to see how the hair would look in a darker shade, which Everly sometimes goes for:

QGaGzfA.jpg
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    it was a huge sigh of relief when we realized we were not being charged. Was it thinkthistle or tina that pointed that out? Then I checked screeshots, but the 5 points for some up to 25 for others...it was kray kray I tell ya. The Eggs&B to the rescue with the assurance that it was buy the item and you're in. Phew.

I loved the event. Absolutely love it.

PS. Everly is rocking that hair haftime. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    Love to have SYS back! I'm not grinding like I normally would be during a midweek (which is a nice change of pace!), but I have been anxiously checking the clock to get my every four hour submission in, and not always succeeding.

I've been doing pretty well with my submission-- so far I've won all but one round with this look:

htRaZzn.jpg

I LOVE that this dress is not skin-tight. It's short, and shows cleavage, so I like that it's a little looser through the waist to offset that. Also, it seems like a dress one could dance in! I also really like the winged heels that she's wearing with the dress. I felt like 2 statement pieces, plus some big black hoop earrings, were just enough accessories for Everly, though I did throw in that big glorious hair, too.

My TB palette was pretty ho-hum this week:

xcvYOCn.png?1

I like the shoes, though they're quite similar to others in Everly's closet, but none of the other items were ones I've been waiting for, so it's okay. It sure was nice to get a TB box so early in the midweek, though! Thank you, Glu!

So far Everly's made it to the pretty gold dress and is on her way to the hair. Even if she loses from here out, I should be able to get the hair.

I'd love to see the looks that my forum friends are submitting! Please share :)

I totally voted for Everly!!! I even went to the closet and almost bought those shoes because o loved the look so much haha. I decided to wait until the next VIP though. I really like this dress too, and in my opinion, just a couple nice accessories look best with it! The dress itself is really pretty and has a lot going on, so it doesn't need much else :) at first I tried to really accessorize, but wasn't getting good results, so I changed my hair color and went super simple, then won every single round after that!! I didn't even know we were having a SYS and didn't get started until Tuesday evening!!! I was so bummed thinking I wouldn't finish, but I did! These are by far my favorite events, and I don't mind paying for an item, especially when it's a pretty dress like this and the rewards are great :) please keep doing this, Glu!!!

Hi Vats!!! Long time no see, huh?! I've creeped the forum here and there, but being a new mom and recovering from my nightmare has been quite overwhelming! Things are finally starting to calm down and get back to normal though! Only 4 months later haha ;)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    8036E5E3-42E1-4556-827F-98E9BD10C33F.jpg

This was the super simple look that won every round for me haha. I was actually surprised it won, but I obviously kept submitting this look because it kept winning! I was so happy with this event and I really hope we get more like it!! It got me super excited to really get back into the game :)

Carol- I totally get where you're coming from! Not everyone can pay to play, so I do think it would be nice to have some that only cost cash. It's a bummer when not everyone can participate : (

Kate- I'm super in love with your Nancy!!! So cute and creative :)

Soundspretty- I do the same exact thing with not wanting to post a pic or say anything about winning so I don't jinx myself hahaha :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    I did...only 5 point to the dress and got the "We're not longer blah blah blah". First time ever that I actually got to the point of having the 3th "box" and I was winning!, so sad. Well such is life. Are pets giving away points? Like sometimes they do during events? Maybe I can try that route but then it's 5 and only 2 hours to go.

Hi!!

Aw sorry you missed it by 5 points, so annoying! I like Xime's new hair color!
    PM to add
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Hi!!

Aw sorry you missed it by 5 points, so annoying! I like Xime's new hair color!

Hi Nai!. Oh I love it too...she also got her eyes changed, it's been a couple of interesting months for Xime. Jax and her are also very near their baby joy...cute babies!
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Like many of you, I enjoyed this SYS event very much. Had so much fun submitting different looks for my dolls. The required purple dress was priced right and the prizes were definitely strong participation incentives! :)
    Are pets giving away points? Like sometimes they do during events? Maybe I can try that route but then it's 5 and only 2 hours to go.

Yes, in my experience, I can only get 2 points per day from my pets. (I have almost all pets.) I wish Glu will increase the rate to 3 points per day. It's very likely we end up with 5 points short. If we only get 4 event points from pets the first two days, the third day of the event is shorter and it's hard to rely on our pets to give us the last point.

IMG_5272.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Yes, when you get back to the game, the final points will be there, and if you've earned enough....you can click on the final prize and wear it proudly.
    Actually, this is apparently not true. I logged in after the event was over and got kash and xp for participating, but no event points and no prize. Just a heads up for future SYS events.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    I really enjoyed the event too. Yay Glu! Good job.

I lost three rounds but won all the rest. I woke up in the middle of the night to play, but I guess I didn't really need to. I finished with plenty of time to spare.

It's so fun to see all the looks here that I voted for! My 7 year old daughter had fun voting too. She's REALLY into accessories and if you had a pet, you had her vote. :)

I wish I would have taken a screen shot, but there was one doll with every accessory imaginable. Those crazy universe tights, big hat, big Halloween kitty purse, fur around neck, big earings, big bracelets on each arm, big boots...it had both of us laughing like crazy. :p

I did get a screen shot of this. I don't remember this hair. Has anyone seen it before?

4tHa0B4.png?2

And here was my TB. Lots of dark colors in this one....

FUMbZp4.png?1
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
    I totally voted for Everly!!! I even went to the closet and almost bought those shoes because o loved the look so much haha. I decided to wait until the next VIP though. I really like this dress too, and in my opinion, just a couple nice accessories look best with it! The dress itself is really pretty and has a lot going on, so it doesn't need much else :) at first I tried to really accessorize, but wasn't getting good results, so I changed my hair color and went super simple, then won every single round after that!! I didn't even know we were having a SYS and didn't get started until Tuesday evening!!! I was so bummed thinking I wouldn't finish, but I did! These are by far my favorite events, and I don't mind paying for an item, especially when it's a pretty dress like this and the rewards are great :) please keep doing this, Glu!!!

Thank you for the vote, Tarabella! I LOVE when I see a forum friend I can vote for!

It sounds like we had the same idea about styling that dress. And you totally SHOULD by the shoes-- they are so fab! Be sure to post a pic when you get them at the next VIP!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Actually, this is apparently not true. I logged in after the event was over and got kash and xp for participating, but no event points and no prize. Just a heads up for future SYS events.

Me too, same thing.
  • IvyBIvyB Registered Users 6 Posts

This is like the third or fourth SYS where this has happened to me! I even set an alarm this time but put my phone down and when I came back about an hour later, just kash and XP for winning, no hair final points amd no hair :( I'm actually a little heartbroken lol, silly but true

I wish it was made clearer that there was such a small window to collect the last prize !
    :)
    Please sign the petition to remove the $4000 KCash prize from the 40 KStar Event Gift Boxes HERE
    Oh Vats I voted for you!! That makes me so happy lol. For me it's about the overall look. If it feel a little too 'costume party' that's a no thank you and sometimes this huge beards guy have nowadays in the game with the hat and the coat. I mean, give me something to look at! But Vats is the perfect combination of sweet and sexy. He's just gorge.

Ah thanks dear! Happy to have your hermosa presence here, please stay this time!
    Hi Vats!!! Long time no see, huh?! I've creeped the forum here and there, but being a new mom and recovering from my nightmare has been quite overwhelming! Things are finally starting to calm down and get back to normal though! Only 4 months later haha ;)

Oh Tara, glad to hear things are getting better, you more than deserve that!;)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I am loving seeing everyone's looks, and I loved this event! Thank you, Glu, for bringing back SYS - I hope we get it again before too long!
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts

Same with me. I had 8 points left to get the hair. I submitted my final look, had THREE points left and the timer at 5 hours left (got screenshots for this) then had to go to work and I play my game on my iPad so I couldn't take it with me. But I went on this forum and saw that it would be okay. I would get my points if I had submitted my look. So I went to work, thinking I would own this gorgeous hair when I got home, opened my game and only got money and xp. I am furious. 😡
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Kiki's hubby bought her this gorgeous purse to take on their trip to Paris. She decided it matched perfectly with her new SYS dress :cool: Thank you Sloane ❤️ ❤️

PaNGHy.jpg
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    qp3v5f.jpg

really like the hair, seems like a design that works for everyone. enjoyed the event, but i do hope sometimes the buy in item is kash that way everyone can play as well. also still wish there was a way that votes could reduce wait times, but that may be more advanced
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    SugarK wrote: »
    PaNGHy.jpg

This is such a lovely couple pic! Kiki looks great matching her hair color with Sloane's.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Hey guys, hope you're all well ❤️
    Everyone is looking so gorgeous in the gold dress, it's fabulous! Like seriously, the dress and hair are worthy of being VIP weekend event items in my opinion! I hope Glu continues to do SYS midweek events, they're so much more fun! Plus WAY easier and less stressful to complete than previous midweek throwback events. I even managed to finally get the billboard this week, it's taken me ages :)
    6BFB4138-018B-4950-9342-C2C1C757FCBA_zps6p59fwbm.png
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    AmyT wrote: »
    Hey guys, hope you're all well ❤️
    Everyone is looking so gorgeous in the gold dress, it's fabulous! Like seriously, the dress and hair are worthy of being VIP weekend event items in my opinion! I hope Glu continues to do SYS midweek events, they're so much more fun! Plus WAY easier and less stressful to complete than previous midweek throwback events. I even managed to finally get the billboard this week, it's taken me ages :)
    6BFB4138-018B-4950-9342-C2C1C757FCBA_zps6p59fwbm.png

Amy, I'm so glad you posted a pic of Madison with that gorg hair on the forum, because I saw her in my friends list and I just thought it suits her so well! Better than Everly, I think.

And your billboard looks great!
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    Amy, I'm so glad you posted a pic of Madison with that gorg hair on the forum, because I saw her in my friends list and I just thought it suits her so well! Better than Everly, I think.

And your billboard looks great!

Ahh thank you �� I think it's a hairstyle that suits every doll, I love it �� thankfully Everly is one of the dolls that isn't frozen in my contacts :)
    With the billboard, at first I was stressing trying to find the perfect look as I didn't realise it changes each time our dolls change outfits lol which is great!
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai