Weekend Event 5/19/17 Movies Anyone? Yes you Cannes!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Kim_Movie_Event.gif

Do you like Movies? How about Cannes?
The 70th annual Cannes Film Festival is currently taking place from 17 to 28 May 2017, in Cannes, France.
Let's toss our berets up in air and celebrate the pastime that's grabbed audiences for over 100 years.
One of the first moving pictures was made in Lumiere, France 1895
<span>

The movies have come a long way, and so has the game.
So while we don't know what we're doing this weekend,
we did get a few pre-spoiler teasers from our very own Kalinda - the glu goddess of happiness.

Who's excited for the weekend?!

Get ready for new dresses, hairstyles and bomber jackets, as well as a Shop My Closet.

This year the films at Cannes include
.......absolutely nothing I've heard of. But give me a ticket to
1534503.jpg
And I'm all over it. What? Look up? Huh?
Oooooooh, Wrong Sundance. Ok Nvmd.
Back to our event.

Some say it's Vip, but whether it's VIP spending
giphy.gif
or tapping our fingers to the point of exhaustion
kimtired.gif

We'll be happy to participate, just show us what we're working for?
Polite chanting encouraged. Let's show a little imagination.
Who cares if it's early?

Are you ready?

readyforcloseup2.gif
Threads Open Dolls and Dude Dolls.
Let's have fun, and be careful out there.

4jebD.gif
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134

Comments

• kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    As long as it isn't a party event I'm cool with it! hahah
  • Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    I'm thinking it'll be a dating event this weekend. Fingers crossed for a fabulous dress and hair.
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Love your opening, Koko! I completely missed the fact that the Cannes Film Festival has started, but I was at work in the bathroom or at home tapping my way to the Throwback box, so I missed out on all other things, hahaha!
    I am ready for a VIP!! Or dating, I have been hording my K-stars and Kash so I'm good either way. And I'm really looking forward to seeing the SMC, did not buy the last two as they were not my cup of tea so I'm ready to be blown away by this one!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I have so much to do.....but i can't leave till the spoilers are out. Ok I can. I can orobably hit the store and be back before anything fun happens. Ut oh. I'm getting a vibe that I wrong. Ok, ha e lots of ,fun while I'm out, and I'll be back soon.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AvakkgAvakkg Registered Users 112 Posts
    I'm ready for a VIP event I guess !
    KKG - KKH - NM: The Empire
    Instagram
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    My intuition is strongly feeling that it's a V.I.P. event since Kalinda mentioned the clue word shop my closet.

I'm so not ready for one right now since it's personally not the perfect timing for me. I'm hoping for a dating event, but I won't keep my hopes up too high.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Awww Koko that's one heck of an opening I love it! Im hoping its anything but V.I.P I would love a dating event its been a hot minute since we had one last!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm such a hoarder with my k-stars and I have plenty so a VIP wouldn't bother me. I need to get on these businesses anyway. Usually when we get a new SMC though it's a VIP weekend. Kalinda's comment about dresses is throwing me off BUT she could mean a VIP dress AND a SMC dress.

giphy.gif?response_id=591da0bb9e8ffaec6506fd26

If it's a 5 star weekend dating wouldn't be bad but I finally got my cash back up to 80k after spending half that on the last dating event. I feel like every time I get closer to affording something BAM! Dating event. So I'd really prefer gig/reality. I will never, ever wish for a party event lol.

At the same time, a VIP next weekend would be much appreciated since I have plans. So my wish is grind this weekend and VIP next.
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    I'm waiting on court to start thought I'd pop in gtg
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Maybe a 5 star? Hmm
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    You asked for more glam outfits during VIP events and you got it!

Where's ChicCharlotte? I know she asked for more silver jewelry and now you can get silver earrings!

I love everything this week. How about you, dolls?

Female_Rewards.png

Female_Gift_Box.png

Male_Earnable.png

Male_Gift_Box.png

Shop_My_Closet.png
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • DakotaDayDakotaDay Registered Users 13 Posts
    Oh! I haven't had an event in Cannes yet. That will be fun and exciting!

Edit: oh my gosh I should refreshed the page! Looooove this weeks earnable. Beyond gorgeous!
    GC: Dakota.Day
    FB: miss.dakota.day
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    You asked for more glam outfits during VIP events and you got it!

Where's ChicCharlotte? I know she asked for more silver jewelry and now you can get silver earrings!

I love everything this week. How about you, dolls?

Female_Rewards.png

I must say this dress is everything! Im not overly keen on the hair but the dress OMG! Does anyone know how many Kstars it is too complete the dress I know the whole event is 500 Kstars but Im not aiming for the hair.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    BIG mess!:eek:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • AvakkgAvakkg Registered Users 112 Posts
    I really can't wait to start, I love everything :o
    KKG - KKH - NM: The Empire
    Instagram
    Oh my!!! I love it all!!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    We don't get the lip ring in the SMC, do we? That is actually my favorite item...
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    The lip ring isn't included in the SMC, but thanks for the suggestion!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Yes, yes, yes, I love everything, especially the small silver earrings! Thank you Glu!! I hope I have good luck with the gift boxes because I need everything.

Happy Weekend, all!!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • King KylieKing Kylie Registered Users 60 Posts
    Wow! Everything is gorgeous, by far my favorite event from this update so far. Thanks glu!
    I have to say, the twins mentioned that they're not chomping at the bit to see their Victor dressed in any of the guy things, but....they've had some knock out weekends when the girls got off the rack. *wink

Actually there were 2 things I liked for guys. But I want you to know, I heard ya Vatsy. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    But back to us, the girls. This is the epitome of red carpet glam. The Red reminds me of something you'd see in a 30's/40 Rita Hayworth look. She was a hollywood star who went off and married a prince before Grace Kelly. She is drop dead gorgeous for the day, and our Holiday 2014 hair reminds me of her.

2-s0336l.jpg

When it comes to movies, i"m more Hollywood than Artsy. I think glam is one thing Kim has by the buttload. Seriously, her pics in homage of Liz Taylor were phenom. I believe Liz loved it. Kim was the last interviewer to the Hollywood Legend before she passed...I'll dig up more info about it. I loved reading it. Kim's a journalist. Who'd a thunk it. Here's one of the pics I was talking aboutl

Kimkleopatra.jpg

Kim_Liz.jpg

And this one she instagramed imitating a pic of liz over her shoulder.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Thanks for the spoiler Kalinda. Although the earn ables looks extravagant, I'm gonna have to pass since I don't have enough kstars to complete the event.:(
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I love all of the earnable and gift box items!!!! Omg!! The SMC is gonna be a pass for me though haha. Thanks for the spoilers!! I'm def gonna need to earn lots of k stars this weekend, because I can already see myself spending a lot 😊
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
    The lip ring isn't included in the SMC, but thanks for the suggestion!
    Aw too bad! Thank you, Kalinda, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a lip ring will be added in a future update/event!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • carleighcarleigh Registered Users 55 Posts
    Woo! I've been waiting for this! I have six pets left to buy with the properties I currently own and the number of K Stars add up perfectly to finish the challenge out. I'm still grinding for the throwback box (I don't mind parties), but I might give it a rest so I don't burn myself out!
    IOS :)
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    That's awesome carleigh! It stinks when you have to spend like 70 k-stars for the stuff you want and then you have to make the decision, do I go for the third item? But then if you don't it feels like a waste because you overspent.

I think I'm going to buy another business and either stop or outfit it - I haven't decided. So I have So Chic San Diego & London, and Chevier Paris. What do you guys recommend to be my next purchase?
  • carleighcarleigh Registered Users 55 Posts
    Yeah, it was meant to be! I personally love having Chevier Toronto because you don't have to actually put in a work shift to get a pay off. It's not too hard to furnish either as far as spending K Stars go.
    IOS :)
  • YesWeJennYesWeJenn Registered Users 102 Posts
    I think I'm going to buy another business and either stop or outfit it - I haven't decided. So I have So Chic San Diego & London, and Chevier Paris. What do you guys recommend to be my next purchase?

Reykjavik is really worth the K-stars to me. Don't remember what I payed to fully furnish it, but it's a guaranteed 5 stars per week payout, and saving the gigs for this weekend, it'll add up to 8 stars.
    iOS | Level 73 | A+++
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Thanks for the spoilers! I'm not feeling the guy things so I'll grind instead but it's going to be a very glam weekend for the lady avatars ♥
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats