Weekend Event 5/19/17 Movies Anyone? Yes you Cannes!

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    carleigh wrote: »
    Woo! I've been waiting for this! I have six pets left to buy with the properties I currently own and the number of K Stars add up perfectly to finish the challenge out. I'm still grinding for the throwback box (I don't mind parties), but I might give it a rest so I don't burn myself out!

Awesome, that's a good plan!

I used to have a shopping list all nicely calculated out to hit the perfect 500kstars needed but then it started getting harder as I have lesser items to buy.

Oh yeah I love the items!
    PM to add
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Excellent. Finally a VIP with something attractive. I've literally been waiting months to go on an all out spree. I have banked 2000 stars waiting cuz the VIPs have been so ugly.

I've been wanting the Ice Club forever. I also haven't gotten the restaurant, the mall theme park thing, the art gallery, or either Chevier.

I think I need more information on what is low maintenance. I can't deal with a business that needs me every day. Like I'm the owner, and a famous actress to boot, why am I also a floor salesperson? Kim isn't at Dash mopping up every night. Come on man.

But I digress. Super happy it's a VIP cuz I have to bake all weekend and can't grind. I'll def buy up to the dress and maybe some beyond.

The hair is nothing I'll use. It's a miss. It's just sloppy. Looks like heat wave hair, where your hairdo has melted and you try to save it by doing weird twists. Yah idk.

Give us some more natural curls in clean styles, no awkward braid tossed in. Or all braids, like a super long straight thin glam extension set. I'd also love to see Afro puffs, high dual pony tails done with natural black hair so it looks like two little b a l l s. (That word got censored. Lol. Get your mind out of the gutter Glu).

Design team, google image search. Maybe I need to spam the suggestion thread with hair pics.
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    Yay I'm glad it's a VIP weekend because I'll be spending the whole time in an airplane lol. The items are beautiful and I want them all!
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    You're welcome to add beauty suggestions to the fashion thread too!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    I'm gonna have to pass on this event, I don't have the kstars for it.

but thanks for the spoiler.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    For those of you without it, the Ice Club is totally worth it. The 3 hr gigs are pretty easy to complete and only take about half a bar of full energy. What's nice about it is you're not timed so you can finish one on one day and then go back when you're ready for the next. Plus I mean, you get a polar bear!

I won't splurge this week myself, but I will finally get that VIP hair with the green streak and the newest style with the blue band!

Edit: Can someone help an idiot out? I thought we had a businesses thread but I cannot find it.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    [FONT=&amp]Thank you for the spoilers Kalinda! [FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&amp]And thank God for giving us decent items it's been a long fricking time!

EARNABLES

Ankle Strap Heels
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]★★★½[FONT=&amp] (it's OK and somehow cute)
    Dress
    [/FONT]★★★★[FONT=&amp] (I'm so torn about this. The design's really good but the length of this dress... UGH. it should be the same length as Kylie's)
    Hair
    [/FONT]★★★★[FONT=&amp] (it's cute but i'll wear it NOT in this dress)

GB ITEMS

Earrings
    [/FONT]★★★[FONT=&amp] (it's just OK)
    Dress ★★★
    [/FONT]½ [FONT=&amp](it's so beautiful but then again some hem length issue here)
    Shoes ★★★ (could've been more glamorous)
    Hair ★★★★
    [/FONT]¼ [FONT=&amp](I like it but am not gonna chase it)[/FONT]
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    6 hours and I'll be on my way to those gorgeous prizes. :) So glam. So sensational. I am really psyched. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • carleighcarleigh Registered Users 55 Posts
    I have a six page list of what I need to buy lol. Pets are held in a different category. I'm clearly type A lol.
    IOS :)
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Edit: Can someone help an idiot out? I thought we had a businesses thread but I cannot find it.

Haha, sure thing, you can find it here in the KKH FAQ & Support section!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Haha, sure thing, you can find it here in the KKH FAQ & Support section!

Thanks love!

Hmm, my KWorld doesn't have an option to buy it so I suppose I haven't gone thru the tasks yet. I have several lined up, maybe it'll show up. I have so many I don't even know what they are for anymore lol
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    BIG mess!:eek:

That's a nice way to explain it. This is VIP and the girls have gorgeous items (FINALLY) but as I scrolled down The spoilers and got to the guys earnables.... I burst out laughing. Seriously. I did.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    So far I've only bought this hair. I really like it but I would love it if it didn't have that weird section on the right just sticking out.

In my "free"box I got 40 K stars. The second box I opened had the silver earrings. I told myself I should stop.... but I didn't and opened $4000 kash :-(

6E608C52-D841-447A-B2D0-F65D8031B309_zpsqhbfou7m.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    It's the tasks with Mari (spelling) the one who looks sooooo much like Kim's assistant Steph. Her parents wanted her to be a doctor like them, but she wants to design clothes...we help and end up going to Korea to help her.

Happy event dolls.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    HollySisk wrote: »
    So far I've only bought this hair. I really like it but I would love it if it didn't have that weird section on the right just sticking out.

In my "free"box I got 40 K stars. The second box I opened had the silver earrings. I told myself I should stop.... but I didn't and opened $4000 kash :-(

6E608C52-D841-447A-B2D0-F65D8031B309_zpsqhbfou7m.jpg

Hi Holly, I don't recognize the dress Dixie is wearing. is that VIP story or something? It looks great.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hi Holly, I don't recognize the dress Dixie is wearing. is that VIP story or something? It looks great.

I'm terrible at remembering where an item came from. Here it is in the closet.

AEA60FF2-DBB9-4C28-9DDF-EE761F7C53B1_zpskicvsc3l.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    That's a nice way to explain it. This is VIP and the girls have gorgeous items (FINALLY) but as I scrolled down The spoilers and got to the guys earnables.... I burst out laughing. Seriously. I did.

Yeah, this definitely seems like one of the weeks where the guy outfit is just a random assortment of items thown together instead of actual outfits and with it being a Cannes themed weekend why not a little formal wear? Granted I simply don't have it to spend to complete weekends like this so, for me, it's a blessing in disguise but STILL

Hmm - perhaps the guys should just take this weekend to dress fancy just because?
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Oh my, I'm just loving this event!! Ik bought so much stuff that I got all the earnables and got the dress and hair in my boxes (also Kash, K-stars and energy...)!!

Holly I love that hairstyle! They indeed need to fix the section sticking out!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Forgot to take a screen shot of my pallet, but I got the hair in my free box and tried to chase the earrings and dress buying two more boxes and got energy and kash. :( I'm done chasing for now, but may give it another attempt later.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    carleigh wrote: »
    I have a six page list of what I need to buy lol. Pets are held in a different category. I'm clearly type A lol.

Every time we have a V.I.P event I try and get one pet I got the bull dog in My London home! I just bought the ice bar in Reykjavík I got Energy in my free box talk about unlucky!!

I dunno whether to open another box (and risk getting Kash) or to upgrade the bar with the DJ booth!
    I was lucky with the pallets today. I opened a total of 6 boxes. First one was free & was 40kstars, second one has the earrings, and third one had $4000kash (BOO!). Next pallet... 4th box was the dress, 5th box had the shoes, and 6th box was 40k stars.
    I'm not chasing the hair.
    I love the dress but the shoes are almost identical to last weekends.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Okay I opened another box and god the shoes Now Im done!! Don't want to chance another one for the hair (which I'm not keen on) or the dress (which is fab but I wont wear much) the earrings are like ones I already have so I am very happy with the shoes.

I have been lusting after this dress for ages for Summer and I think it suits her so well, We got the bull dog in London, ice bar in Reykjavík which we called Snow globe (how original), I got her the choker which Iv wanted for a long time too. Now Iv 56Kstars left and dunno what to buy. Also I thought I didn't like the earnable hair but after seeing it on Summer Im in love!!! I Might be going shopping again lol!

IMG_2612.jpg
    I didn't chase the GB hair because it's very similar to a style I already have in my closet.
    I do need to spend 200gc more to get the earnable hair and I'm not sure what I will buy. Y'all have me intrigued about the ice bar but it will take so long to earn back the GC it costs.

Here are the GB earrings, shoes, and dress and a previous updo with bangs.

56A64131-BB24-4CC8-8497-0B60B3DB6DC8_zpslkp7iob3.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts

At least you had some fun!:p
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Yeah, this definitely seems like one of the weeks where the guy outfit is just a random assortment of items thown together instead of actual outfits and with it being a Cannes themed weekend why not a little formal wear?

Exactly!

The earnables doesn't make sense at all! The boxes' aren't that bad, but are totally out of the theme.

I hate when they do this, also they shouldn't release themed events as VIP. What's the point? VIP is VIP, not Cannes festival, Christmas or whatever.:mad:

Anyway, I spent just 15 stars and reached the box which gave me the pants, unless Maria calls me with an atractive offer I'm done!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I didn't chase the GB hair because it's very similar to a style I already have in my closet.
    I do need to spend 200gc more to get the earnable hair and I'm not sure what I will buy. Y'all have me intrigued about the ice bar but it will take so long to earn back the GC it costs.

Here are the GB earrings, shoes, and dress and a previous updo with bangs.

56A64131-BB24-4CC8-8497-0B60B3DB6DC8_zpslkp7iob3.jpg

So pretty!

I can totally see this being Xan's wedding dress someday. If only the sleeves were longer!!
    PM to add
  • AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    So I splurged and bought enough k-stars to get all the items. I mean I just couldn't resist! They are absolutely gorgeous! But the k-stars were also good from my progress in the game because I bought the private jet, calabasas home, car for around Cali, and some other goodies from wardrobe. I am so happy! :)

93BCA30B-5056-4CEA-8F01-D93DD8C0F750.png
    Awesome, Angela. Time to start grinding for Kstars because a girl cannot be broke for long! :p
    PM to add
  • AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Awesome, Angela. Time to start grinding for Kstars because a girl cannot be broke for long! :p

Ugh, I know! I bought so many and spent them all already! Do you have any tips on how to earn the maximum amount? Thanks in advance. :)
    Reality shows all the way! Even through your sleep!

Do you get to watch videos and complete offers for Kstars? I've seen others completing those offers and getting hundreds of Kstars! I never get them due to being in a different region so too bad for me.
    PM to add
    Ugh, I know! I bought so many and spent them all already! Do you have any tips on how to earn the maximum amount? Thanks in advance. :)

I watch the videos I get about 10 - 15 a day (I got almost 20 today now iv maxed them out haha). Also keeping an eye on your achievements try and complete some. Also owning So chic in London gives you Kstars once a week if you complete the tasks, Chevier In Paris gives you Kstars once a week too from the tasks, So chic in San Diego gives Kstars too from doing an 8hour event (dont know how often you can do this), The Ice bar in Iceland gives Kstars too (I just bought this, well worth it), there are other premises that give Kstars thats all I own for now. Also I get Kstars from run-ins maybe 2-3 a day max however.

If you are VIP (Im not so I might have this wrong) having Kim, Khloe or Kourtney on an event with you may end in a Kstar but not certain how this works,