Options

Weekend Event - 6/2/17 June's 1st Weekend - Almost Summer

Comments

• Options
    Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    Okay, Glu.. Don't lie to us. We know you changed this from a dating event to a SYS (saw the spoilers). Anyway, I LOVE the earnables, I just wish it was easier to complete the event. I HATE waiting 4 hours to get a measily 10 points.. Please have the points be lowered and not be 600 for the hair or it will take A TON of K-Stars to spend on reducing the wait.
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    Love the spoilers! Need the earnable hair and gb dress! Too bad I probably won't get the dress tho. :(
  • Options
    AvakkgAvakkg Registered Users 112 Posts
    The earnables are gorgeous !!!! And I like that kind of events ;)
    KKG - KKH - NM: The Empire
    Instagram
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    I don't think so. I would assume it would be filed under Misc. I also checked jewelry and purses and didn't see it there either so looks like it's a new item released for the event.

Ok, thanks doll :)

After reading people's thoughts on the event, I dunno if I've changed my mind! Will it really be 600 points for the earnable hair? I hope not, I really can't remember the amount of points needed for past SYS events. I guess that means I'll be taking my iPad everywhere with me, and yes that even means when I go out for a birthday lunch with my mum who is visiting this weekend. Sorry mum lol :D
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Oh secondly, I really hate glu at the moment because whenever y'all release a black women's hairstyle, it's purposefully always put inside a gift box. I seriously feel like glu wanna tease me to the fullest since y'all know how unlucky I've becoming with my freebie gift boxes lately.

I was thinking about you when I saw that.

AmyT wrote: »
    Ok, thanks doll :)

After reading people's thoughts on the event, I dunno if I've changed my mind! Will it really be 600 points for the earnable hair? I hope not, I really can't remember the amount of points needed for past SYS events. I guess that means I'll be taking my iPad everywhere with me, and yes that even means when I go out for a birthday lunch with my mum who is visiting this weekend. Sorry mum lol :D

Hmm that's a good point. So the GB prize says 60 pts when usually it's only 50... so it could be more than 600? Back when we last had SYS for a weekend event the GB was only 20 and I *think* it only went up to like 300 something. So I have no clue
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I really don't care for SYS as a weekend event. It's also a bit ludicrous to think that with such an event more people than not will get all the earnables. (Points depending.) Which that hair...she's def gonna fall over backward any minute from the weight and unweildyness of it all. Anyway, unless players pay stars to get immediate results, which are obvs b.s. anyway, I wonder how many people will in fact get to it. (Again, points depending.) It's cute enough, and we have plenty of gowns and the like to wear with the elaborateness of it. I don't really want the camera, 15 stars notwithstanding, but an "accessory" is way better to have to wander around with all weekend than, say, that purple dress from the last SYS. I was sooo sick to death of it. It's a great dress, yes, I liked it a lot, which is the only reason I did pay to play; I would've bought it anyway, super nice. But sooner or later enuf's enuf, and sadly, because of overkill, my doll hasn't worn it since. I also like the idea of an accessory type of piece because, and I remember Koko saying she was saving styles in advance in her Look Book, which is a great idea, but I won't do that. I have I think 12--nah, I just looked, I have 15 spots in my Look Book--and they are all taken--as well as stupidly expensive. I just bought another spot yesterday, and I see no reason to spend 65 stars each for more and more unless I've got something killer going on that I really want to keep and wear many times. I also just spent a st of stars on new VIP and most of the new Balmain stuff. Fifteen stars for a camera, well, the lower cost for an SYS item scores nice points for Glu, and I'm also liking, again, for what it is, an accessory my doll wouldn't have to tediously wear all weekend long. This is a great idea. I can style away with the camera, then take it off until I have the next opportunity to submit a new look. Major points for Glu here, too. I have a bunch of stuff I need to put in the Glu appreciation thread, just haven't had the time to do it. And this weekend we're going away for a long weekend because I'm having back surgery on Monday, so a little pre-op fun...but I suppose I'll be in bed all week so will have time then. People will always complain (hiiiiii!), but don't give the all-important compliments and thanks that people and entities deserve. I try to do that (yes, I always stay on the phone after a customer service call, for the survey, and I'm always sure to get the person's name so I can say what a great job they did. People deserve recognition; and very often they earn it, so why not pass on the compliments? It's only right and it makes people happy, and you say how nice, sweet, helpful, whatever, they were. When people go the extra mile, it matters. And they should get the credit for it.) Anyway, conflicted because buying something to participate goes against my principles; I have a busy weekend to look forward to and won't have so much time to open my game; am doubtful about achieving the earnables--loveeeee the boots, both outfits are cute--btw: topknots, buns, double buns are out and the high pony is in, said the Bendel babe. And heaven forfend someone accuses my doll of cultural appropriation. With that said, this do is cute too, so when I open my boxes (yes, I have a gb sickness. Sometimes I open even more just for the h e l l of it!), I'll be happy if I get it, and I'm glad I can play a game where admiration of, and wearing something of, another culture's style isn't grounds for death by stoning. What else while I'm here...? Oh, I know a lot of people don't like the party events--the amount of energy they require is not desirable; but aside from that, I really do like them. More, I actually get to see, use, and admire some of the homes I've paid so much to furnish; otherwise it's just a constant hit and run to tap a pet, in and out, see ya later, bye! They're just fun, the party events, and with the addition of the homes in Dublin, Venice, and Seoul--SO loving that Seoul home! Glu: The attention to detail in each of these newer homes is *not* overlooked--a *lot* of hard work went into each, and the imagination and creativity, yes, they're amazing, each of those three (Dublin the lesser, sorry to have to say; the lower level...somebody ran out of steam...? But even so.) I've almost entirely abandoned the Calabasas home in favor of Seoul and Venice, in that order. What kind of home will you come up with next, Glu?! (K-World--love how the cup and saucers ride is goblets!) I literally want to live in that place in Korea. Ah, sigh and omg, I'm going to be late! Lunch and shopping with one of my oldest friends. Hm. If I have any friends and bff cousins who would play KKH, it would be Ellen. Wondering if I could drag her into it, hehe. Oh jeez, gonna be late, gotta go! xo!

n.b.: Not read for spelling or sense.
  • Options
    Lii wrote: »
    I'm too busy this weekend for a SYS. You need to really babysit your device for a SYS and check in every 4 hours otherwise there is no chance to complete it. I guess that works when playing on a phone but I'm not going to lug my iPad around everywhere :/ The earnable hair is nice but the rest I really don't care about.

Lii--sadly, it doesn't work out that well with a phone either. A little, sure. But only just. Good luck, doll.:)
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Ok so let me remind Glu now what the hubbub was about SYS becoming a pay-to-play and why it's not cool to put on a weekend.

SYS, when added, was a new midweek, which were side events that kept us entertained until the big weekend gigs. It was a new bonus.

It was scuzzy to make them pay-to-play because some people can't afford it, which makes it unplayable. To a certain extent that was accepted because, hey, it was a bonus game.

But that's why it was shouted down as a weekend gig. Everyone should have access to playing the weekends. And I don't mean 'access' in the Paul Ryan sense where it's available to those who can pay.

And before someone drags VIP out as an argument, that comes with earning a kstars for every gig, so it is a double event.

THAT SAID:

The outfit is boxy and boring

The boots, we have

The hair is southern mom at a family picnic.

Camera... why?

And the GBs are moot since you changed the chances and made it super expensive to actually win anything. BUT it's actually beyond rude that you continue to put ALL the ethnic hair in GBs.
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    didn't bother to read that long paragraph at all and secondly they could've come up with something better than a camera, it's like they didn't try at all with this SYS.

As for the whole throwing out the VIP event for an argument bit never participated in the VIP event on this game so I have nothing to say about it.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Ugh!

Sorry my hater behavior, but I can't with the 6.6 update an it's fashion! Lame, Lame, Lame...

After 3 years this is the first time I'll sit a non VIP event in this game. Vats doesn't need those hideous items, nor pay 15 stars for those atrocious pants and I need to sleep without having to worry with sending looks.

Freedom!

I hear you Carol! Hope you get the hair to both your dolls.

isabeau wishing that everything goes well on your surgery.:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Start checking for the required items in the wardrobe!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    I feel like 15 stars is okay but those earnables aren't my cup of tea at all.. It's just so bland?
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I like the mens style. I never got a part cut into my hair when it was short but I appreciate it and will definitely want to play this weekend which means I need to make a decision about my husband one way or another doesn't it? LOL
    Oh secondly, I really hate glu at the moment because whenever y'all release a black women's hairstyle, it's purposefully always put inside a gift box. I seriously feel like glu wanna tease me to the fullest since y'all know how unlucky I've becoming with my freebie gift boxes lately.

You know, I can only agree. I appreciate that GLU wants to be inclusive in rendering traditionally black hairstyles for the game but what good is that if they aren't readily available as a standard purchasable item for all those who want them. I truly lucked into the dreadlocks a while back via 3 boxes but I just as easily would have been willing to pay the 120 in the wardrobe. If you must make them out of reach then why not just as a VIP option instead?

There are dozens of straight styles that GLU makes but these afrocentric ones are harder to come by as is and it's disappointing for GLU to make it that much harder when people have been asking and asking and asking for them. Please listen to your audience GLU and do better when it comes to black hair inspirations.

I'll be sending you good luck vibes all weekend Carol!!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Maybe I'm the only one here, but I love the camera!! Would have bought it even without the event. IRL I never leave the house without a camera, I love taking photos of wildlife, especially butterflies.
    Not happy about the SYS.
    Was looking forward to do some tapping this weekend.
    Android
  • Options
    Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    This is totally off key but as I was customizing my doll's boyfriend something interesting happened!
    *drum rolls*
    There was an option for him being shirtless like the flirty soap opera guy at the hotel in Costa Rica! :D
    It costs 80 k gems though.

Is this option also available for actual male players?

IMG_20170602_015339_635_zpswwyjgwfi.jpg
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    We're hosting a Show Your Style event on the weekend!

I can't wait to see how you style the camera and pants. I know that whenever I pull out my camera at events, I inevitably get the reaction "whoa, a real camera?!". Sometimes a phone won't suffice for travel photography and meet and greets. Let's see what you do with it!

Female_rewards.png

Female_gift_box.png

Male_rewards.png

Male_gift_box.png

Thank you So much for this. I LOVE SYS and I love the girls items. I read what Vats summarized about the guys clothes....I like it all but the pants. To me they look a little short to me. I'm sorry the guys aren't feeling the looks as much as my girls are.

Sorry I've been out most of the day. I kept popping in to do spam, but my neighbor started a huge fight, screaming at puterhead, cursing at us, yelled at me to get in the house...yes, my neighbor screamed for me to go into my house, because I didn't stand there and let him scream at my husband.

Sorry, but biker 101 - when someone yells at your man, you don't stand there quietly. THen Puterhead lunged at him for yelling at me. Why? because I have tall evergreens planted for privacy. Idiot wants to trim the hangover, we said fine. He said you pay for it. He has never so much as smiled in our direction. His tree knocked his fence into my yard in Sandy, and took out one of my trees he had the landscaper pull his tree out of my yard, had the fence section replaced, then sent me a bill for half of it. No one but me paid to replace my tree, although he is an insurance agent and you know he doesn't have a deductible and is insured up to his eye*****. Fine. to be a 'good neighbor' we paid and told him next time, pay his own bill. So now he wants the tree (tall bush actually) trimmed and us to pay for it. Next thing I know, he's here screaming and absolutely ruined my birthday.

I'm lucky puterhead didn't hit him. So, we came in, and I cried for the past 4 hours. Wow, didn't want to come in an be a buzz kill, He just really ruined things.

There. That's better. I still don't want cake. And I cancelled dinner. But I'm really happy about the the sys. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Stefan001 wrote: »
    This is totally off key but as I was customizing my doll's boyfriend something interesting happened!
    *drum rolls*
    There was an option for him being shirtless like the flirty soap opera guy at the hotel in Costa Rica! :D
    It costs 80 k gems though.

Is this option also available for actual male players?

IMG_20170602_015339_635_zpswwyjgwfi.jpg

!!!!!!

you know, if Andrzej's husband could be shirtless all the time maybe he'd reconsider things LOL

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Yay, a SYS event for the weekend sounds interesting!

I'm only going in for the earnable hair. I really like it. The boots are an ugly mess and the outfit aswell. The gift box items are also not interesting for me.
  • Options
    HOLD THE PREPAID PHONE -

tumblr_oqw7tnBNj21qfvh9po1_500.png

it's in MY closet too!

Kalinda? Eggs? Please confirm we can keep this so I can save the purchase for a VIP weekend and/or don't waste my stars on it right now!

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    And I love the camera. Off to go buy it now. :) Who'll be here in the AM ready to Show Your Style?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    The shirtless option didn't pop up for me so idek if that's a glitch or i just didn't look well.
  • Options
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    HOLD THE PREPAID PHONE -

tumblr_oqw7tnBNj21qfvh9po1_500.png

it's in MY closet too!

Kalinda? Eggs? Please confirm we can keep this so I can save the purchase for a VIP weekend and/or don't waste my stars on it right now!

Yaayy!
    Here's to hoping it stays there for good and isn't a glitch :D

My doll's bf won't be wearing a shirt anytime soon *evil grin*
    Android 

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • Options
    And I love the camera. Off to go buy it now. :) Who'll be here in the AM ready to Show Your Style?

I'll be here Koko. It's already 3 am anyway and I can't sleep lol
    Android 

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • Options
    astray wrote: »
    The shirtless option didn't pop up for me so idek if that's a glitch or i just didn't look well.

Maybe open and close your game? when I popped into mine a little bit ago - after deciding to keep my husband. this time. - I checked his closet, saw it, then checked my closet and saw it in my tshirts too.
    Stefan001 wrote: »
    Yaayy!
    Here's to hoping it stays there for good and isn't a glitch :D

My doll's bf won't be wearing a shirt anytime soon *evil grin*

If nothing else I'm going to keep my KKH tab in my recent apps list until we get a little more information

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    It's 1.20 AM I'm definitely not going to sleep because insomnia
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Maybe I'm the only one here, but I love the camera!! Would have bought it even without the event. IRL I never leave the house without a camera, I love taking photos of wildlife, especially butterflies.
    Not happy about the SYS.
    Was looking forward to do some tapping this weekend.

you are def not the only one and I'm glad you spoke up. i always feel stupid going thru pages of "that's so ugly, who would want it!" comments when it's actually something I like or could have use for. i've already got my outfit ready to go!

and Carol, I haven't had much luck lately but you're getting all my vibes for that hairstyle. sadly, when I saw it in some spoilers I thought to myself it's either going to be in a gb to make it tougher to get or it'll be earnable and so many will complain about it without realizing how lucky they are.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    I'm loving the camera too. Hard to style yes...adorable he!! yes. And Carol, I am going to send every positive thought (ok a whole lot of them) to your quest for the hair. I hope you get it.

And, I am hoping to see a gazillion shirtless guys in the game. You've wanted it for so long. Congrats guys. Rock it in good health
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    Ugh!

Sorry my hater behavior, but I can't with the 6.6 update an it's fashion! Lame, Lame, Lame...

After 3 years this is the first time I'll sit a non VIP event in this game. Vats doesn't need those hideous items, nor pay 15 stars for those atrocious pants and I need to sleep without having to worry with sending looks.

Freedom!

I hear you Carol! Hope you get the hair to both your dolls.

isabeau wishing that everything goes well on your surgery.:)

Aw Vats, thank you so much. <3 Also, I'm glad someone else said it--and now I'll say it too: I think the guys' stuff is horrible. I don't blame you one bit for sitting it out. Ugh. Disappointing doesn't even come close. Yuck. :(
  • Options
    Btw--SYS is basically boring af. Boring. Tedious. And no way do I get up in the middle of the night, please. So, as people were saying, good for a weekday event, and I mentioned, don't care for this as a weekend event. And hey yeah, why do you not put the ethnic hairstyles in the wardrobe so people who want them can just buy them? That's not fair, and your reasoning is fkd up. And by the way, too: blaxploitation of another sort. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yeah isadoll, but you know what? Better days are coming... I hope lol. Give us the news as soon you feel able to do so, this things make us all nervous!

I mentioned earlier on the 6.6 thread about the shirtless option, I wouldn't buy it until heard back from one of Glu moderators though, my game starts to lag when I click on the blank space.

Rumpel and Kayla, I also think the camera is cute, Vats was 'wearing' his polaroid camera during all this week. Girls' stuff are nice.

astray, sorry about your insomnia, hope you're already sleeping at this rate.

Oh no Koko! I'm so sorry to hear that that J E R K ruined your B'day.

Here's one last present:
    LNuhfkW.jpg

He's aiming the J E R K's head right now, just give the sign!:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!