Weekend Event - 6/2/17 June's 1st Weekend - Almost Summer

Comments

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Thanks to everyone for wishing me good luck for tomorrow, but I've decided to opt out of this event because it's play to pay. I'll just have to add the double spaced braided buns onto my wish list (sigh:(). When the event first started, it wasn't even like that at all. I don't know what even made glu to make changes for SYS.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Thanks to everyone for wishing me good luck for tomorrow, but I've decided to opt out of this event because it's play to pay. I'll just have to add the double spaced braided buns onto my wish list (sigh:(). When the event first started, it wasn't even like that at all. I don't know what even made glu to make changes for SYS.

Aww darling :(

I feel heartbroken for you! Hopefully they will meet you in a throwback box at a later time then.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    I'm starting to feel like I am the only one who lives SYS, even if it's pay to play. It's funny, when they had no SYS for months people were constantly calling out for SYS events, saying they missed them and what not. But since we have had them back people have not been happy. I mean it was pay to play before they stopped having them so I'm not sure why anyone thought it would go back. I guess I just feel like even if you just buy the item to get a gift box, at least it's a 15 k star purchase and you get a gift box.

My my only gripe with SYS events are the items we get to style with. The guys always get like pants or hair. But last time with the dress I found it to be not fun because everyone had to wear the same dress. And this time... we'll the camera is just not my style. If anyone had any tips on how to style the camera I will take it. I would love to be able to style a hairdo or pants or shoes!
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Yeah isadoll, but you know what? Better days are coming... I hope lol. Give us the news as soon you feel able to do so, this things make us all nervous!

I mentioned earlier on the 6.6 thread about the shirtless option, I wouldn't buy it until heard back from one of Glu moderators though, my game starts to lag when I click on the blank space.

Rumpel and Kayla, I also think the camera is cute, Vats was 'wearing' his polaroid camera during all this week. Girls' stuff are nice.

astray, sorry about your insomnia, hope you're already sleeping at this rate.

Oh no Koko! I'm so sorry to hear that that J E R K ruined your B'day.

Here's one last present:
    LNuhfkW.jpg

He's aiming the J E R K's head right now, just give the sign!:p

i most definitely am not sleeping Vats, lol. But thanks
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Maybe open and close your game? when I popped into mine a little bit ago - after deciding to keep my husband. this time. - I checked his closet, saw it, then checked my closet and saw it in my tshirts too.

I'm probably gonna have to right now lucas is on a date with Carol so I'll do it later, aha.
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Aww darling :(

I feel heartbroken for you! Hopefully they will meet you in a throwback box at a later time then.

Oh well I think that it's best that I saved myself from the heartache & disappointment then.

I'm really hoping for the store's throwback sale to make its return. I really don't like the throwback sale on this game since the prizes are so randomized & generated.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    I already bought the camera for Iolanthe but Ilmari's sitting out. I don't like having a pay-to-play weekend event but this is the first time in a couple months that I've liked all the earnables. (For the women. I don't like any of the men's.) My hope is that there are some weekend storyline events that will give out enough points that even those who don't buy in will be able to open a box.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    J1YgBGp.jpg

gonna go basic to start out with myself. bit worried the camera doesn't show up as much on this outfit, but we'll see how it goes
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel like I am the only one who lives SYS, even if it's pay to play. It's funny, when they had no SYS for months people were constantly calling out for SYS events, saying they missed them and what not. But since we have had them back people have not been happy. I mean it was pay to play before they stopped having them so I'm not sure why anyone thought it would go back. I guess I just feel like even if you just buy the item to get a gift box, at least it's a 15 k star purchase and you get a gift box.

In all honesty though, when SYS was first introduced to this game I used to like it when there were themes involved and it was basically free to participate in. But, now I don't like it anymore since glu made changes to it as like adding an required styled item in order to participate, then you'll need to play to pay. It's unfair to some players because not everyone has the Kstars to participate for the voting events.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    In all honesty though, when SYS was first introduced to this game I used to like it when there were themes involved and it was basically free to participate in. But, now I don't like it anymore since glu made changes to it as like adding an required styled item in order to participate, then you'll need to play to pay. It's unfair to some players because not everyone has the Kstars to participate for the voting events.

I also enjoyed the themes put out, hopefully they can bring that back.

I can understand how it is sorta unfair to put it as a weekend event and also introducing an completely new item to buy because some players can't afford to. If they had picked an old item from the closet, there's a 50% chance those players own the item and can participate.

As for me, I really don't mind paying the 15kstars to participate. I like the camera and the items for the girls. But I def do not like the guy's pants Jax has to buy. However... I'm still going to do it because I like the beige and blue suit, the only thing I like out of the 8 items lol.
    PM to add
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Oh carol, i hate that you arent playing. When i saw the camera, i was pleased it wasn't s 50 star item, didn't we have one of those for this event once? I'm eager to see how owning bonus items helps rack up the points. But if you aren't playing Carol, the my wishes are younfor yiu to win the hair in a giftbox soon. That hair is very Ferocious.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    isabeau wrote: »
    Aw Vats, thank you so much. <3 Also, I'm glad someone else said it--and now I'll say it too: I think the guys' stuff is horrible. I don't blame you one bit for sitting it out. Ugh. Disappointing doesn't even come close. Yuck. :(

Isabeau, good luck and really really good thoughts coming your way for the surgery.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Time to style good luck everyone! May the best dolls win
  • kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    Uhm????tumblr_oqwx3aHjAa1tvpgovo1_1280.png
    I got a really weird one too.

But, when you have 1 bonus item and you submit, you get 5 points for enetering, 1 bonus. My doll that has 3 gb items got the same 1 binus point as those two games with only one gb item. Anyone else notice this?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    FIFTEEN MINUTES after the event started I saw a doll with the earnable boots and hair. FIFTEEN MINUTES. And still submitting looks, I guess to screw over other players. Why would a person choose to be like this?
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
    Omg I just saw the earnable boots on a doll! It stared 25minutes ago how is this possible/fair!!
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Errmm. I regret buying the camera. Anyway it's only 15k-stars so NBD. But it's just frustrating because it seems that the first prize(Giftbox) is 60points which would be likely the 4th prize be high as well. 300 points?? 600 points?? Over 600 points?? And we have to wait for 4 hours to get what, measly 10points or 15 or 20 for only 2 days and 16hours? I really want to play cuz I want to get the earnable hair though the earnable boots and dress are too plain but it now seems impossible to finish this event unless players pay kstars AGAIN for getting the results early. Tsk tsk tsk tsk
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
    We don't know how the bonus points will work. I'm hoping bonus points really help because I have no patience, and I can't stop buying giftboxes. One doll has everything....omg one won the hair and I forgot. that's what the gb frenzy is like.

But, I'm worried there could be a glitch with the points. Wouldn't bonus points help in the submission as well?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Guys Iv just done the maths this event needs 600 points to complete. Every 4 hours you get results so you can only do 6 events max a day without spending Kstars. 30 points in a day for submitting looks. 2 days and 16 hours to complete (64 hours) so you will have minimum 80 points for submitting looks! This leave 520 to complete the event.

let's say you win thats 20 points but you need to win 26 SYS, they are every 4 hours (unless you use Kstars) it will take 104 hours to complete that's over 4 days have I this wrong?
  • A.P.TA.P.T Registered Users 64 Posts
    I'm happy to see that we still get a storyline even though it's a SYS event!
  • PaavoPaavo Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 32 Posts
    I have literally like the worst luck ever with giftboxes!
    My first palette:
    kH1nkCG.jpgCash, shoes and cash. Like all I wanted was just the hair lol.

The second palette:
    XLA2rvx.jpg
    Energy, some random outfit AND THE HAIR!! I was so excited, but I kinda regret that I spent so much stars ;)
    I know the feeling, but I bet you look fab in the hair. Congratulations, I'm off to see which device won the hair, and who has to keep plucking GBs. lol.

But wait, who said it was 600 Points to complete? I'm sure it's more than what we usually need for a sys, but it can't be 600. that's just crazy talk.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Guys Iv just done the maths this event needs 600 points to complete. Every 4 hours you get results so you can only do 6 events max a day without spending Kstars. 30 points in a day for submitting looks. 2 days and 16 hours to complete (64 hours) so you will have minimum 80 points for submitting looks! This leave 520 to complete the event.

let's say you win thats 20 points but you need to win 26 SYS, they are every 4 hours (unless you use Kstars) it will take 104 hours to complete that's over 4 days have I this wrong?

I hate math so thanks DramaDramDrama for crunching numbers. This makes sense. So then we should hope for winning a few to help us with the points. They should've made it the same SYS like those SYS events we have on midweek... 200points or 300points, that's more reasonable. Most players (including me) are vocal that it's frustrating because it's a pay-to-play event which makes other players to not participate... which is not veeeeerrryyy cool. GLU should be more considerate to us. It wouldn't hurt if you require items purchasable with cash, or make waiting time for results shorter or making event points lower, right?
  • QueenCookieQueenCookie Registered Users 356 Posts
    It's only 225 to finish. SYS events usually always require fewer points to complete.
    Sophie
    It's only 225 to finish. SYS events usually always require fewer points to complete.

SWEET ^^~ Thanks a bunch for clarifying this QueenCookie~! ^^ We just thought of the worst case scenario when we thought of the possibility of 600points for the last prize. Lol
    Oh so happy to hear that!! I am confused as to why the first box is so much like 60 points is madness! 25 would have been much better or I could deal with 40 either
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts

Yay, pleased to hear this! Thanks :)

What are some looks you guys are submitting? I was stuck at first but I've been playing around with some ideas and came up with these! Saved in my lookbook ready to submit with the alarm on my iPad every 4 hours lol I was panicking thinking it was going to be 600 points!!!!

31BF8AB6-05F6-4C13-B4B1-9CA1093632CF_zpsuktitdwe.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    J1YgBGp.jpg

gonna go basic to start out with myself. bit worried the camera doesn't show up as much on this outfit, but we'll see how it goes

I can actually see your camera in your outfit compared to some of the people I've had to vote for, their outfit was extremely too dark so i had to squint my eyes to see the camera.
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts

But it if I remember correctly one of the reasons people found it so frustrating is that no one followed the theme and just put on any outfit they wanted. So the solution? Make them use an item. I get that some people don't buy k stars. But it's been 2 events in two months that people couldn't participate in. And even if you don't buy k stars, getting 15 k stars isn't all that hard. I've earned over 100 since the end of the last VIP event. It's totally doable to get 15 k stars to participate.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!