Weekend Event - 6/2/17 June's 1st Weekend - Almost Summer

Comments

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I also enjoyed the themes put out, hopefully they can bring that back.

I can understand how it is sorta unfair to put it as a weekend event and also introducing an completely new item to buy because some players can't afford to. If they had picked an old item from the closet, there's a 50% chance those players own the item and can participate.

I actually luv that idea. Maybe instead of a kstar item, it should be a cash item instead⁉ I'm hoping that glu takes it into consideration and somehow improve and implement that for the future SYS.
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    But it if I remember correctly one of the reasons people found it so frustrating is that no one followed the theme and just put on any outfit they wanted. So the solution? Make them use an item. I get that some people don't buy k stars. But it's been 2 events in two months that people couldn't participate in. And even if you don't buy k stars, getting 15 k stars isn't all that hard. I've earned over 100 since the end of the last VIP event. It's totally doable to get 15 k stars to participate.

Yeah I understand that and I totally get that. However, some people chose not to spend their kstars on the voting events. I personally prefer to spend my kstars only on V.I.P. events. In my case, I'm not getting a ton of free kstars by watching daily videos on my devices from this current update. And, I'm very cautious about my spending habits because I'm a very stingy kstar hoarder lol:):D
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I thought the camera would be easier to style than it is. Lol. As I vote I realize that I definitely prefer a more casual look with the camera. Dolls that are wearing expensive Balmain and then a tourist style camera look strange to me. I think outfits like Amy did for Madison, cute top & jean shorts, look "right."

As for the guys.... I hate the pants BUT I bought them because I do like the blue & tan blazer look. As for Koko making a comment about the box pants being a "little" short...I almost spit out my water... HAHAHAH. Great word choice Koko. Both pairs of pants are way too short. What are designers thinking??

Also.... I have a count down on my closets as if there's a special event going on. I think it appeared yesterday? I went through the closets and couldn't figure out why.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Koko, I'm so sorry you had such an altercation with your neighbour on yesterday! I had hoped your birthday was the best ever with all the wishes from the forum. Hope they brightened up your day a bit... sending hugs your way.

I am one of the few that also really like the camera and thought it was a steal for 15 K-stars!
    I'm having a lot of fun playing around with it, to see how it matches the outfit. Will post pics in a few (crazy hectic at work atm).

Yes, the amount for the final item for SYS is definately lower than other events. I thougt it was 60-120-180-240, but it has been a while since we had them so I'm not sure!

ETA: Fashion thread is not yet open, so I'm posting here:
    IMG_1763.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Also.... I have a count down on my closets as if there's a special event going on. I think it appeared yesterday? I went through the closets and couldn't figure out why.
    That is a countdown for the lowered price on the camera!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    I thought the camera would be easier to style than it is. Lol. As I vote I realize that I definitely prefer a more casual look with the camera. Dolls that are wearing expensive Balmain and then a tourist style camera look strange to me. I think outfits like Amy did for Madison, cute top & jean shorts, look "right.

Exactly! I don't get how the formal dresses go with the camera :confused:

I've also been seeing this happening like 6 times...

Screenshot_20170602-152935_zpslvctacq9.png

It really annoys me! Then there are those that submit the whole outfit from the GB.
    They don't get my vote!
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I was taking pictures in my bridal gown at my reception. I have a great pic the photo grabbed of the bride taking pictures at her own wedding..but otherwise I agree with you.

i'm about to check about the bonus payouts. 3 games won, 3 games each got one bonus item, though the games have 2 items, 2 items, and 3 items.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    I paid 5 Kstars to speed up starting the weekend gig, big mistake! There was no payout at the end - no event points, just kash and xp points :( is this normal for a SYS? I can safely say the other weekend gigs will be ignored in my task list.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Stefan001 wrote: »
    Exactly! I don't get how the formal dresses go with the camera :confused:

I've also been seeing this happening like 6 times...

Screenshot_20170602-152935_zpslvctacq9.png

It really annoys me! Then there are those that submit the whole outfit from the GB.
    They don't get my vote!

Kinda makes you feel somewhat suspicious of them doesn't it?
    Ok, no event points for event gigs, and can anyone else confirm what they got re: bonus points? 1 or 3 GB items all get 1 bonus point after winning the 4 hour round. I dropped about 200/300 stars per game in the gift hixes,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    (
    astray wrote: »
    Kinda makes you feel somewhat suspicious of them doesn't it?

Tbh when I saw the completed earner outfits, I thought npc to start off the voting? But, playing with unlimited stars I see how players could finish that early. I have not been voted for completed earner outfits, but if people have GB items....that means they're lucky and buy a lot of boxes?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • YesWeJennYesWeJenn Registered Users 102 Posts
    Quite happy with SYS! I'm currently enjoying a real life mini holiday, so no time for grinding. But checking in every 4 hours is doable, so hopefully I'll manage to complete the event without having to neglect my spouse ;)

Anyway, my doll and her spouse followed suit and are enjoying a picturesque holiday with loads of photo ops! So happy with this outfit, all bought during the most recent VIP. Hopefully the voters out there agree

IMG_0792.jpg
    iOS | Level 73 | A+++
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Hey guys, it's safe to get the shirtless option from the wardrobe. Enjoy!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Yay. Vatsy.......oh Vatsy. I need a new picture or two. But hey, now with the shirtless option for guys, how about a nice towel around the waist loosely to complete the look?

Edited to add: and Jenn, you doll looks wonderful with her guy. Great outfit. Nice to see you Gsin.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Screenshot_2017-06-02-16-29-17_zpstfnc3v2m.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-02-10-28-19_zps2il2rzdq.png

this is actually a first, neither of my dolls have ever won an SYS vote on the first try, i usually win when I'm nearly done with the event and that's solely out of luck or me just not caring if i win or not.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Hey guys, it's safe to get the shirtless option from the wardrobe. Enjoy!

But is it safe to wait for a VIP? I NEVER spend that kind of k stars on my male doll so I can only try to justify it during a VIP.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 400 Posts
    But is it safe to wait for a VIP? I NEVER spend that kind of k stars on my male doll so I can only try to justify it during a VIP.

Yes! The item will stay there for sale :)
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • stfnaxstfnax Registered Users 40 Posts
    What a tough vote haha :confused:
    5bYR8Vy.jpg
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    This is the outfit that I submitted and won with :)

KKH_Screenshot_1496422016567_zpss2j5wjgh.jpg
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
    I'm getting a mix of win and lose. One game has just won the boots, the other two behind. But it's so much fun seeing everyone's casual looks.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    So I didn't get any points for completing the first gig, excuse me? :mad:
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Me either. And I am, like, unspeakably angry about it. I know it's minor, but it's kind of a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back sort of situation in regards to this event. Why are they wasting our time with a weekend storyline if we're not getting points? Why not give people who've decided to opt out of spending kstars the opportunity to at least earn a gift box? You're really going to change the way every other weekend event is run just to punish people who don't want to spend money on a pair of ugly pants or a camera they'll never use? This isn't just a wasted weekend, it's a slap in the face. I was going to buy a couple extra gift boxes in the hopes of getting the hair, but this event can go screw itself.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • FindMeIfYouCABFindMeIfYouCAB Registered Users 56 Posts
    VUUXsGT.jpg

No fashion thread, so this has been my look. Won my first two votes :) I agree that the camera is suited to a more casual look, why get all done up if you're going to be behind the lens?

Oh yeah, if you see me, feel free to throw me a vote. :p
    I've won for the second time, this is so new to me, lol.

VUUXsGT.jpg

No fashion thread, so this has been my look. Won my first two votes :) I agree that the camera is suited to a more casual look, why get all done up if you're going to be behind the lens?

Oh yeah, if you see me, feel free to throw me a vote. :p

The fashion thread is right here actually http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?255233-Weekend-Fashion-Show-6-2-17-Show-Your-Style-Weekend

Oh yay! I can be the first post :p
    It's your good luck. June goes down as the start of your good luck. :)

And, yes, bummer about the events not giving points. 2 possibilities....maybe(?) there are some points at the end, or b, because the points needed for completion seem kind of reasonable, expecially with bonus points given for items. I feel better about dropping all those stars. At one point, I had 216 energy on one game 162 on another.....but.....energy doesn't help with this event.

Think of it the same as the events for the VIP not paying points. In this case something to do while we're waiting for the next submission. But I really like voting. I'm digging the pants the guys have to buy. (I like them better than the prizes. lol) I've seen them styled really well.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Me either. And I am, like, unspeakably angry about it. I know it's minor, but it's kind of a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back sort of situation in regards to this event. Why are they wasting our time with a weekend storyline if we're not getting points? Why not give people who've decided to opt out of spending kstars the opportunity to at least earn a gift box? You're really going to change the way every other weekend event is run just to punish people who don't want to spend money on a pair of ugly pants or a camera they'll never use? This isn't just a wasted weekend, it's a slap in the face. I was going to buy a couple extra gift boxes in the hopes of getting the hair, but this event can go screw itself.

Quite honestly you guys I don't think that the quest that Simon called us for about dancing has anything to do with the SYS event (if that is what you all are talking about if not then i probably didn't get that quest yet), i think it's probably a random thing, why they'd get our hopes up and have us assume it will give us points when it won't I'll never know.
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Think of it the same as the events for the VIP not paying points. In this case something to do while we're waiting for the next submission. But I really like voting. I'm digging the pants the guys have to buy. (I like them better than the prizes. lol) I've seen them styled really well.

VIP events don't have to pay points because they don't have points - they pay kstars, which we can choose to spend like points if we want. There's still a way for people to participate even if they start the weekend kstar-broke. And besides, VIP events aren't time-dependent the way SYS events are, and that matters. This isn't remotely the same.
    Quite honestly you guys I don't think that the quest that Simon called us for about dancing has anything to do with the SYS event (if that is what you all are talking about if not then i probably didn't get that quest yet), i think it's probably a random thing, why they'd get our hopes up and have us assume it will give us points when it won't I'll never know.

I can't think of any time other than weekend events when everyone's gotten the same gig at the same time, unless you count special promotions but those are advertised.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Eternallove99Eternallove99 Registered Users 39 Posts
    I didnt get points for the storyline event either, I thought there was something wrong but seems others are having issues as well
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel like I am the only one who lives SYS, even if it's pay to play. It's funny, when they had no SYS for months people were constantly calling out for SYS events, saying they missed them and what not. But since we have had them back people have not been happy. I mean it was pay to play before they stopped having them so I'm not sure why anyone thought it would go back. I guess I just feel like even if you just buy the item to get a gift box, at least it's a 15 k star purchase and you get a gift box.

My my only gripe with SYS events are the items we get to style with. The guys always get like pants or hair. But last time with the dress I found it to be not fun because everyone had to wear the same dress. And this time... we'll the camera is just not my style. If anyone had any tips on how to style the camera I will take it. I would love to be able to style a hairdo or pants or shoes!

It did not start out as pay to play. That came later.
    Does anybody else like Pay to Play? SYS events are so refreshing because there's no grinding. Plus the prizes are usually better.

Besides, 15 k stars isn't a huge price tag. If you can find 6 minutes of spare time across a period of 3 days, free videos just gave you an entry. I like to keep a minimum star balance in case of such spending emergencies. Always prepared :p