Having trouble transferring data from old device to new device

jochecocajochecoca Registered Users 9 Posts
Hi there! I have tried to transfer my game data using this link: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=general&f=i-changed-android-devices-can-i-transfer-my-game-from-my-old-device-to-my-new-device&p=web
but the data hasn't transferred over, I've done it several times and have had no results.

My old device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Android Jellybean 4.2.2 and my main device is a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android Nougat 7.0.

Please can anyone help me out?
Main Device: Android Nougat 7.0
Second Device: Android Jellybean 4.2.2

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. You still have the game on your Samsung? Can you check out either Samsung Kies, or Samsung SmartSwitch? Smart Switch is for the newer Samsungs. With either program on your desktop, you should be able to save it, and then restore to the new device. First see if you're SmartSwitch or Kies.

I've done it without using them, but for piece of mind it's good to back it up there. So check that out and come back. And I'll pop back in. As long as you have the game on your old device, I am defin happy to help you get it back on your new device. Now, deep breaths and relax. I'm hopeful, you be hopeful too. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • jochecocajochecoca Registered Users 9 Posts
    I have the game on both devices but deleted it on the S7. The Galaxy Tab is the one with my saved data. I tried it with SmartSwitch on both devices and it still doesn't show up, when I transferred the files to the S7. I also tried to pair it with Kies but it doesn't work.

I've just downloaded and logged into my account on another tablet and my game data is here! DX This other one is a Samsung Galaxy Tab E and it has the Android 4.4.4 KitKat version so I'm thinking maybe its because the versions are old so that could be why the game data isn't showing up on my S7. Thanks for your positivity! I really need it right now! :D
    Ok. I have a Galaxy Tab S. and I've done it the regular way, as you've described. First off....play your game a little, and (I read this somewhere, and mine always works so......) change a facial feature. I usually give myself a new nose. Maybe anything even hair or eye color would work, I prefer nose. That allegedly triggers a google save (or iOS save for that matter). and I just keep the game open while I try the transfer. tap every so often just to keep it up. (this gives me a sense of security)

Download and open. if it asks you to customize a new game, if that's the only option Do not customize. what I do instead is hit one of the buttons that takes you to glu or tap something without changing your doll. You are trying to trigger a choice to pop up between this game and an older one. If you don't get that box. shut down. By opening a new game and shutting down, you've established a new data file. Delete the game. Download it again. lOpen it again. Now.....hopefully it is going to ask you to choose the new game you just opened and closed, or Device B (Ithink it's B) anyway check the stats. Each Device Listing will show you level, xp, energy, cash all those numbers and pick the one that is your old game, if you were level 45 pick that one, and it will let you load your old game.

So, you've lived though what didn't work, I just told you what to expect in a successful transfer. A few more points,

You might pull up the chose device date box between the new game, and not your level 45, but a level 30 game. Don't despair. This too has happened to me and others. Guess what. You get that box with a game you don't want, yup. shut it down. uninstalal the game. download the game.. see if you don't pull up a closer if not the level 45 game.

Usually I've never had to shut down more than twice to pull up the right game (I change devices a lot and also end up with factory restores not game related that's why I know)

So, does that help a little? I'll check back, and if you need moral support while you do it, I'll stay with you when you start.

Biggest piece of mind......keep your game open and running on the old device while you try. Although once, I did finally pull up the right game then next morning. overnight, it righted itself. so ....deep breath.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    It works!!! I'm soooo happy rigght now!! I opened up the game on my main device and it loaded after a few seconds. I also kept the game open on the other tablet as well so that's probably how it worked! Thank you so so so so much! I really appreciate it! :o
    Aww no thanks necessary. I get a warm fuzzy whenever a game is saved. I am so happy for you. now 1st thing to do... copy your new HollywoodID# and save it in a safe place off the device. yahoo gmail email? Something you can get to if the device is unavailable but you need your game ID. please check your pms in a second.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I've saved the new iD somewhere safe hah, thanks again! :)
    Good to hear Doll lol.....As I was saying...Everybody, save your id in a safe place, and never post it in an open forum. Only give it to someone with glu in front of their forum title. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary