Options

Happy Birthday North- Weekend Event 6/15/2017

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
hbnORI.jpgIMG_1959.jpg 4 years ago, Kanye was exhibiting a video in a dozen locations throughout the area. 3 locations were Long Island, so we made a night of it. We drove to Sag Harbor....Not a damm thing showed up on that vacant building's wall. Quick where's the next one? East Hampton you say? That's on the other fork. JackA$$ over there, maybe Baba got the times wrong. I think we drove into Huntington after that, but alas it was all in vain. Yeezy's organization couldn't get permits and the whole thing was a bust. I think the Manhattan showings started but got pulled...what did happen that night? It took my mind off the Royal Baby watch. That's what happened. And no, I'm not talking about the British Monarchy, Rap and Reality Royalty - Kanye & Kim's 1st BabyBut it's not 2013 anymore. It's Nori's 4th Birthday, and we're probably partying the weekend away for fun and prizes. Kalinda's already given us a great couple of hints............
I'll see what we can do about the forum customization options!In the meantime, thought I'd let you know that the weekend rewards include animals and more tropical prints for everyone!
And the event starts a day Earlier, so we'll enjoy North's Birthday Event from Thursday to Sunday. I'm sure they'll be cake............ 3570807700000578-3648541-image-m-137_14662876377.jpg And lots of presents, gifts1.jpg But now, because my text editor is down, I'm coding this by hand, and frankly, it's time to cut this short and say tumblr_o0nwlg_TJPI1tn536do1_400.gif Thread's Open
Happy Birthday North!
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    I feel bad that this is not as exciting as we wanted it, but I'm sure the text editor will be back up soon, and then we can really make it sparkle. But....tomorrow at this time, we'll all be Birthday Eventing that little Darling, the always adorable, North West. North-West-and-Penelope-Disick-wear-bunny-ears-a.jpg Here she is with cousin Penelope. Aren't they the cutest? I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see the see the event clothes this year. I scoured the internet and couldn't find a hint of what Nori's 4th Birthday party might be. THere was Kidchella, and mermaids.....are we missing a year? 2015 was Kidchella, Mermaids 2016....what was her 1st birthday party? That would have been just before the game dropped. Hmmmmmmm. So are we all thinking it's parties? I'll be honest, I could use another grind free VIP weekend. But I can grind if I have to. So, after last night's false start, (I hit post when I was trying to add some fireworks. lol.) Now the thread is officially open.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts

Wow, thread looks amazing Koko,
    it must have been a lot of work coding it all by hand!!

Happy Birthday North!!

Can't wait to start the event.
    I'm also thinking parties, but we will just have to wait and see!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Wow, thread looks amazing Koko, it must have been a lot of work coding it all by hand!! Happy Birthday North!! Can't wait to start the event. I'm also thinking parties, but we will just have to wait and see!
    I couldn't get the spacing right. new paragraphs weren't happening. Your breaks and lines are perfect. I hope this isn't the new normal. lol. But I am so psyched for this event. I just can't wait to see the event clothes. Do you think that little monkey is available? I would love to walk around with a little monkey. Michael Jackson had one, Elvis had one, it's so eccentric. I love it. Elvis named his Skipper, what was Michael's named? I will name mine if we get them....Elvis Jackson. Skipper was taught to lift up ladies' skirts, because the 'guys' couldn't. But I promise you this, no monkey of mine will be relegated to an air conditioned guest house to live in solitary confinement. So, Toucan or Monkey? What do you want? (monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    MJ had a chimp named Bubbles!

There used to be a pet store semi-local that had monkeys. I don't believe you could buy them, but they had their little play area in the center of the store. Unfortunately I think that place had a fire a few years ago. I can't remember if the monkeys survived :(

If we are celebrating North's bday this weekend, I wonder what the theme will be?
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Bring the monkeys!

I'm excited!

Tomorrow I won't be able to play though, a special friend is coming to the capital of my state for a congress, we haven't seen each other in 1 year and a half and we will spend the day together there.

Today of course I have an appointment at the hair salon, need to be fabulous!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats, you ARE sensational. You dont get it at the salon. You just are
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I think the girls get the monkey and the guys get the toucan, like in the pic... but it would be an awesome surprise if we can all get both animals!!

Have a great day tomorrow, Vats!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    If we get a monkey I hope we can pet them like in the Costa Rica poster. It would be so unflattering if the monkey just dangled on my doll's neck lol :D
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • Options
    kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Ok you guys, is it just me or are the spoilers a bit late....??? Waiting for the spoilers and for an update on K&K.... Oh man, waiting is exhausting......
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Everyone can get the monkey and bird!Female_Rewards.pngFemale_Gift_Box.pngMale_Rewards.pngMale_Gift_Box.png
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Omg yes!! Both the monkey and toucan I'm so happy! I love the earnable jumpsuit! Thrilled we have extra time to complete this event, parties are not my favourite! I like the top from the GB but I'm gonna be chasing it, I want the monkey for sure!
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    thank you for the spoilers, Kalinda! I love the GB hair, I really hope I get it in my free box because my k stars are pretty low after the last VIP weekend! I would be happy with any of the GB items, though, which makes me worried that I'll spend too many k stars opening... after all, it certainly helps to complete a party weekend when you've got bonus items!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Love the toucan and monkey, glad at least one is earnable!

MUST. HAVE. MONKEY!!!

GB hair is cute too.

Kalinda, the event starts a day early so do we get an extra day?
    PM to add
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    After months of meh finally items that I love! I really like everything (except the fact that it's parties, but that was expected...)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I LOVE the hair, but I don't have KStars to chase it. The rest of the items is meh.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    The event starts on Thursday and ends at the standard time on Sunday night.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Love the toucan and monkey, glad at least one is earnable! MUST. HAVE. MONKEY!!! GB hair is cute too. Kalinda, the event starts a day early so do we get an extra day?
    Yeah, i was wondering that as well when i saw the spoilers and it said 2 days????
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    also, i am so excited that one of the animals is earnable! thanks, glu! I can't wait to see Everly with that toucan on her shoulder!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    The earnables are really underwhelming to me. Of course the gb items are amazing, but I have bad luck and most likely won't get any of the items. Between this and no update for K&K... ugh. Sucks. :(
  • Options
    Hmm. Looks like I'll be chasing the monkey this weekend. Hmmm. Chasing the monkey. I have a new phrase for when I really really want a gb item.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I accidentally ran across Costa Rica spoilers two days ago and the second I saw that awful fern jumpsuit complete with male cr*tch, I knew it was going to be an earnable. Ridiculous.

I like the shine and color of the GB top but that's about it. The style and pattern aren't even good.

What's the birthday theme? Did North have animal trainers come to her party? TBH I'd rather have a khaki zookeeper uniform.
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    YESSSS MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD!!!! I'm so in love with the Toucan and I'm so happy that it's earnable!

I love every single item of this event! The pink gift box top is gorgeous and the skirt is soooo pretty! Omg, I want everything :(
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    YES at the toucan being earnable! The tropical theme for this weekend is tempting to buy the shirtless option but I must be vigilant and wait for the fall.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Doll, if you wait till fall to go shirtless, you're more likely to catch cold. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I know, they're all great. What's your favorite item? I have to say........monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Still not into the selections that they choose for the men, it's like they don't try at all when it comes to us.I do love the women's selection I'm pretty buzzed over this and I look forward to grinding for these items.random question/thought: Did GLU remove our option to customise things through coding on here or is this just a test?It made my signature look bunched up so I removed it temporarily since i can't centre anything in it, it always says "BB code centre isn't permited"I don't even like long hair on myself in RL so I wasn't expecting to like it on Lucas either but I do, ngl Lucas looks pretty hot with long hair, it seems as if this bloke can rock any hairstyle, might get it in the future. Ooh I'm thinking about going on a splurge and buy kstars for him i need to get my mind off of negative thoughts so this event is a much needed therapy session for me, although it seems that a certain lad needs to get a hold on their spending their psychiatrist says it's becoming increasingly unhealthy, gee i wonder who could it be? HA!
    Screenshot_2017-06-14-19-17-18_zpsmd5eksal-1_zpsjhoqzoew.png
    Oh yeah, HAPPY 4TH ABIRTHDAY NORTH WEST!
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Doll, if you wait till fall to go shirtless, you're more likely to catch cold. :)

Not in FL ;D

Actually hurricane season is knocking on our door and we've been getting rain a lot these past two weeks so going shirtless now could be a disaster LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Everyone can get the monkey and bird!Female_Rewards.pngFemale_Gift_Box.pngMale_Rewards.pngMale_Gift_Box.png

The monkey yeeessssssss, it's adorable; I LOVE monkeys! The hairstyle, cute, I want. That jumpsuit, are you joking, Glu? Do you not get that your artist/designer/whatever you're employing this person under the name of is unable to maintain the quality, is just plain, flat out unqualified at this point in their career?? I don't want to insult anyone, I don't want to hurt someone's feelings, but the work is so subpar it's unacceptable. What's with the constant diaper look? C'mon man, it looks BAD. The chunky, uninspired, out of proportion clothes are so badly done it surpasses all the typos and misspellings I have plenty of screenshots of. The unfortunate clothes choices. The talent is not here. Again, I don't want to make anyone feel bad, but they need to work on their "skill" until it's what it should be. If you're underpaying, that's what *we* get, what *we* pay for, and it's BAD. I'm sorry, it needs to be said because you seem either couldn't-care-less about it; lazy about stepping up your game to where it should be and what your players are accustomed to; or you can't get your collective a$$ in gear to take care of a problem that requires your attention. And what of the person who is approving this stuff? Houston, you've got a problem. (Hackneyed, yes, but the point is the point.) On another note, the gb items last week were gorgeous. I loved that whole entire outfit so much I wasted yet another 65 stars to buy my--17th?--spot in my Look Book. Someone did an incredible job all told, and as usual, little details are not overlooked. I don't know if the intent was the trendy appliqué--I have a most insanely gorgeous bag just so; and the way some flowers floated just gently off the dress was absolutely perfect.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Btw--are all the party decorations I paid so much kash and stars for last year going to reappear in the nursery? Or did I just waste all that irl money? They were really fun and very cute.
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    It has become apparent to me that the design team is putting their talent and effort into the VIP section. Those clothes are the level we used to get.

Now regular players get junk that's drawn up by interns or something, possibly grandma MJ since half the stuff looks like it's made for 70 year olds who overindulge on medicinal gummi edibles.

I remember when the clothes were great every week. Now more than not, I'm playing defensively so that I don't get the items later in TB boxes.

It makes me sad. It's a chore. But I'm just a loser who can't pay 50 bucks a month to play this game, so what do they care.