KIMIVERSARY - Weekend Event 6/23/17 - KK:H - 3 Years and Beyond!

Comments

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Happy Kimiversary, Dolls!
    So happy for you Nai! I bought the fangs too and we will celebrate together! :)

I'm glad to see "Get a K-Star for each gig" when opening the game this morning. Gonna grind a lot of K-stars so I can spend more on the TB items. That's the spirit, right? I'm still grateful for the TB closet sale this weekend although we didn't get the SG lips this time. But, I believe it will show up in the future TB closet sale.

I will try not to mention it too many times. If too many players are asking for it, it will be priced so high like the hair we had for sale last year for 200 K-stars (this time is 150 K-stars). So, Shhhhh... :p

So, Let's not give up hope yet. We can keep telling Glu what items we want to see in the future TB closet Sale. I will quote some TB wish posts in this event thread to TB closet sale wishlist thread here:

TB Closet Sale Wishlist

Happy grinding/ spending, everyone! :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Cherrey Thank you ♡ I really am going to wear them everyday!!!

Vatsy Yes it was more than a year's worth of longing, and it feels like I can quit the game right now. Lol of course I'm kidding, it just feels like I completed a game.
    PM to add
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I can't say I knew how you felt Nai until I wasted so many k-stars chasing a stupid animal lol. I decided awhile ago to stop being bothered by missing out on event items but that was honestly the first and maybe even the only time that I was actually heartbroken over not getting what I wanted.
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Hi everyone! Long-time lurker here who figured there's no better time to finally join the forums than the 3rd Kimiversary.

I was incredibly lucky to pick the braided hairstyle in my free gift box! Some special cheer for my Friday, especially after the discouragement of picking cash in all three of my black/gold boxes during the midweek event. I'm celebrating by wearing the braid and the super-cute earnable boots with my favorite Balmain outfit for the duration of the event.

2UWULvT.jpg

And Nai, I am so happy for you! :D I'll be picking up the fangs as well. (And the ombré ponytail, and one or two purses, and and and...) Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

Pez wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Long-time lurker here who figured there's no better time to finally join the forums than the 3rd Kimiversary.

I was incredibly lucky to pick the braided hairstyle in my free gift box! Some special cheer for my Friday, especially after the discouragement of picking cash in all three of my black/gold boxes during the midweek event. I'm celebrating by wearing the braid and the super-cute earnable boots with my favorite Balmain outfit for the duration of the event.

2UWULvT.jpg

And Nai, I am so happy for you! :D I'll be picking up the fangs as well. (And the ombré ponytail, and one or two purses, and and and...) Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Welcome! And congrats! I LOVE the GB hair but I'm not chasing this weekend. I did earn the skirt though which I'm pretty happy about :) I haven't had much luck with picking GB items lately.
  • Mary - LouMary - Lou Registered Users 27 Posts
    ? Is No one else excited over the 2X K Stars? That is the K Star Sale where you get 2X as many as normal??? For me thats a WAY bigger deal then getting a star for each gig.....After all - A star is literally a dime. This weekend a Star is a nickel......(to buy anyway) Anyway - Have Fun All!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Excited? I ran right out and funded my accounts, and woke up bright and early....bought the largest packs before I tapped a tappable. lol. I'm just so thrilled with the whole event. AND......................we get a surprise of new clothes after finishing. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Question: will the TB items go away with the event? Or are they staying forever? I think I will need like 1000 kstars to buy everything I want! And that's not happening this weekend...I did buy the gold shoes because shoes are love lol.
    The Throwback Sale ends on Monday night at 10 PM Eastern.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    I finished up my vow renewals. I cannot believe Glu expected us to pay that many k-stars just to decorate something that I'm pretty sure we'll never see again? My venue was completely blank lol. Plus it was a beach wedding so I just dressed my spouse and I dressy casual. So I guess to anyone wondering if not decorating or buying outfits hurts your changes to beat Willow... it does not. And you have the option of purchasing the outfits and hairstyles later. Hmph

Yeah, I'm a little irked by the vow renewals. I fully decorated the venue, inside and out. I invited friends and rented outfits for them and my husband Cameron. Luckily, I took some pics, but was hoping for more of an opportunity to pose with everything I bought! After the wedding, everything is gone.

For those that renewed vows, did you get the same three backgrounds? Just curious if you have to purchase decorations to get them.

H8EnkoN.png?1

Here's the wedding: unfortunately I forgot to change my hair with the wedding style I bought. Love how everyone's eyes are closed. Just like real life! :(

IkZb4JL.png?1

Here's the reception. I remembered to put on the new hair with tiara I bought:

NsVUzXq.png?1

Here's the photo of us but Cameron is in another outfit from his closet because I only "rented" his suit. :mad:

zNl7JiD.jpg
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Angeline Hee! I'll mark 23rd June as #FangsDay and will celebrate it along with Kimiversary every year!

soundspretty I'm so sorry! I'd actually give up Jax's monkey to you if I could, since I already have my fangs. If they ever add it to TB, I pray that you get it!

Pez Thank you and welcome to the forums! Congrats on the braided ponytail, I actually wonder how it looks in real life. Hey, your outfit is actually perfect for the Kimiversary edit Vats is going to do in the event fashion thread so definitely check that out.

Congrats webra on your vow renewal. Nice to look at the photos, they're beautiful but I'm kind of wondering what's up with the pineapple decorations... is there some sort of significance to it?

I really wanted the hair for Jax.

Free box was energy, then more energy and points. I wasn't even mad at Glu at this point because of the fangs.

7ALrJqR.png

So I proceeded and got the suit first, then the shoes, then the hair! I really really can't believe it! Can I be anymore happy today??? Ok I'm going to rest now.

yb8WZ8w.png
    PM to add
  • Mary - LouMary - Lou Registered Users 27 Posts
    Naimonster - You should most certainly buy a lotto ticket today.....I never do but then I don't have that kind of AMAZING LUCK!!! Congrads from Nova Scotia!!! Winning 3 event items - esp when rest of box was really horrid - WOW......
  • OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    I wasn't thinking and furnished the vow renewal. What a waste. As soon as it ends, everything disappears. What is the point of even keeping Waikiki on the list of cities? It's just sitting there completely empty. Unless they plan to add to it later.Def do not furnish the wedding if you haven't done this task yet! Save your stars! lol
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Hey dolls, Just want to clarify that the official anniversary date is tomorrow (June 24). I'm having so much fun celebrating with you!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    I really have been having so much fun with this event! I may or may not have bought way too many gift boxes and got everything but the hair. I know a lot of people were chasing the hair, but honestly I was mostly excited to get the outfit and shoes. Also, I love all the earnables and have almost gotten the hair, mostly due to all the boxes i bought hehe.I also bought lots of k stars and may or may not go to the store to buy another gift card tomorrow. I earned 2 celebrity perks too, the long straight hair and 50 k stars. Love the hair!I bought a lot of throwback items because honestly I'm over buying tb gift boxes and getting **** items so at least this way I get what i want! Unlike others, I am not disappointed in the prices. They are what I would have expected. A bunch of the items are cheaper than a TB gift box as well so I like that. Earning a free k star for each event is just the icing on the cake. I will post pictures in the fashion show later but I've killed my phone and am running late for a concert so I am on a KKH ban until i get home later tonight! It will be quite hard :P
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Ziya SwansonZiya Swanson Registered Users 56 Posts
    Okurrrr wrote: »
    I wasn't thinking and furnished the vow renewal. What a waste. As soon as it ends, everything disappears. What is the point of even keeping Waikiki on the list of cities? It's just sitting there completely empty. Unless they plan to add to it later.Def do not furnish the wedding if you haven't done this task yet! Save your stars! lol
    I know, right? What a ripoff. Glu should make Waikiki like Napa Valley - let us keep the decorations we bought permanently and allow us to go on dates there so we get our K-stars worth out of this new location.
    #ComeBackVats
    iOS player
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    June 24?
    Haha, that's my wedding day! And my parent's.
    Wish I would have gotten the skirt as a present!!

Screenshot_2017-06-23-13-03-47.jpg

Until now I had fun, too.
    Screenshot_2017-06-23-23-04-42.jpg

Such a disappointment.. No skirt. Now I am finished soon, so the stupid event points even spoil the fun of playing.
    Android
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I am having way too much fun with this event! I can't wait to see the free clothes at the end of the quests!! I've been "cheating" -- as in, paying k stars to speed up the task timer so I can do them sooner. Just finished the second task, and I'm making myself wait at least four hours before doing the final one.

Also, I bought a star pack and I got this really pretty hair as a celebrity perk, so that was awesome.

sY7CzET.jpg
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Glu, great event! The extra k-star per gig is a welcome and unexpected treat, in addition to the other perks of the weekend! I was quite disappointed, though, in my palette. Like last week, only TWO event items in the entire thing:OMG78D0.png?1 I learned my lesson from last week, though, and didn't pay to open a single box. I'd rather spend my stars on some TB items (including Nai's fangs!). I'm so happy for those who are getting their longed-for items in this sale--thanks, Glu. We would love to see more of these in the future! Perhaps on a VIP weekend?
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Holli berriHolli berri Registered Users 26 Posts
    This has got to be the greatest event ever,Thank you soo much Kim k and glu 🤗💜😃*****
    The more I see the GB hair the more I want it :'(

Business Plan: Glu should reduce the amount to open additional gift boxes. For a lower price more people will chase each weekend rather than only chasing when they like something. And when I say "people" I mean me :p
    My other tablet took a dump like 2 months ago would not charge right ,I was really up in levels and got a new tablet and didn't know how to transfer,so I had to start over I'm on level 18 now on this one and I'm soo thankful for this event ,even though I didn't know how to transfer ,good luck everybody 🐵 just really wanted the monkey that's cool ***
    Soundspretty, I don't usually spend money for games ,this is to good to be true for me ,cause I needed some cool stuff and Kim and glu came through, you keep your head up ,if I could get you the hair I most def.would ,Good luck the boxes on my old tablet aren't the same as this one ,soo I'm always choosing the wrong boxes on this one, that's just the way it goes ,have fun and good luck sweetie💖
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    (Kind of) Done!
    OcTsA1I.png?1

Still need to work on the storyline to get my freebie and the event isn't done until the timer runs out and the last k-star is obtained!

I'm really proud of Glu this time, pretty sure that if I look up last year's aniversary thread we were asking for an event exactly like this!

This event<3
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    I learned my lesson from last week, though, and didn't pay to open a single box. I'd rather spend my stars on some TB items (including Nai's fangs!). I'm so happy for those who are getting their longed-for items in this sale--thanks, Glu. We would love to see more of these in the future! Perhaps on a VIP weekend?

Hmm...I actually had the same thought in mind. Nah scratch that. As a matter of fact, I luv that idea☺! Glu should most definitely implement the throwback closet sale for a V.I.P. weekend on a future update :D
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

i'm loving this event. I'm just happy with all the aspects. From the sale to the stars for each gig, this is everything we've asked for all rolled up into one. I love the gb items.....off to go picking more. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Nai, I'm so happy you finally get your fangs!!! *happy dance*

LqtfaVJ.gif

Sorry you're not feeling well, take care of yourself and feel better soon!
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    1z3vzpz.jpg293x5hy.jpg33y12dc.jpgqzgeg0.jpgAs you can see, I bought too many boxes and had some pretty traumatizing palettes. Especially the one were the whole bottom row was kash and I got only kash in it. I was bummed that I only got k stars once, especially since I opened so many boxes. I forgot to take a picture of it, but with my last 80 k stars I got that ugly green purse that showed up in a few of my palettes and then the top!! Woo hoo. I wish I got the hair, but it seems fitting since at last year's anniversary event I got everything except the hair :P
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    KatePillgrim- I'm disappointed that the blue jumpsuit isn't for sale :( I've wanted that since I missed it in the gb's the first weekend it came out 😢 There are some pretty great tb's for sale right now, so I can't complain too much :) this is a fantastic weekend event overall. I love it and I'm spending all of my k starts that I've been saving for the last few years!! Finally something worth it haha :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
    Kimversaryglitter.gif .... 3 years ago, a friend from the purse place popped into a chat thread there and calmly announced "Hey - Kim's video game is out today. It's free, it could be fun...." My life hasn't been the same since. Happy Kimiversary everyone Where were you when you first heard and what did you think? I'm loving seeing everyone back here for the event, a few stragglers making their way in, and I hope some others still will pop in and reminisce. But, now that we've had a day on the event.....is this sensational or what? Loved the way we get to pic an outfit. I think all 3 will pick the same. So, it's pouring here, what should I bake today? Pumpkin muphins? Cornbread? Puterhead is asleep and the smell of baking always gets him up cheerfully. ........No Vats Pancakes today. muphins or nuthin. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Happy Kimiversary!

I finished the weekend quest and was mega surprised that the game gave us 3 options of outfits to chose between them! Simply amazing! GluGods were really inspired to this event!

It was 5am, so I didn't notice they were offering an entire set, I just focused on the tops (the fact that the half down of the NPCs was behind of a 'shade' and of the furniture, didn't help me too), so I picked Kim's option that is a long sleeved pink shirt, cause I thought it would be of more use to me.

Otherwise I would have picked Kloé's (?!) leather jacket, cause that all in black combo is marvelous. Good news the other outfits are at the closet now... I wonder if they're staying there?! If not, need to buy them!

Oh and Kim won (yay!) and she gave me 3 k-stars! I'm a happy man!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!