KIMIVERSARY - Weekend Event 6/23/17 - KK:H - 3 Years and Beyond!

12346Next

Comments

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I didn't, but I did get 3kstars.

So... I'm thinking the rest of the outfits from the pop up gigs should be still available after the event. But maybe can we get a confirmation? But yeah, it's the weekend so Glu staffs are probably not working.

I'm assuming since they put prices on them and made the ones you didn't choose as freebie available to purchase that they would stay, but I'd also love a confirmation on that
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I'd love to know if they will stay in the closet after the event too! I have to decide what items to buy from the TB sale and I want to be sure that the storyline's clothing will stay so I can buy them later.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Yes please. After seeing how cute the gold jumpsuit looked on my doll, I need it. The only reason I didn't pick the fur as my gift was because I thought it was attached to those pants, which they look rather blah with. It's great with better pants though.

I'd love to save them for a VIP since I'm still browsing TB items. So count me in for the chorus of 'would love confirmation!'
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    ok, all this talk about the fur working with other pants makes me go buy more. I swear all the outfits, the prizes, my head is literally exploding. I'm filling in a lot of outfits, where 2 dolls had the dress, one didn't ....But one thing both Androids bought...ok 2 things...Nai's fangs and AppleP's white formerly iOS only booties. Everyone should buy them. They are phenomenal. and the fact that the androids have them now.....my dolls want to dance in the fountains wearing only the booties.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    The fur is only 30 kstars which is pretty spectacular. I don't happen to own the fuller length Kim furs, so this is a nice bargain option.

If you're talking about the metallic slatted looking booties (from a Kylie event I think?), I have to say they are my favorite for forever. I was lucky enough to get them at their event and I wear them all the time.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I would like to wait to buy the pop up stuff until we have a VIP event. Do you think it's staying in the closet for good?

I got all the gb items but the hair. Should I chase it? Or dont Chase and spend the GC on the new VIP braids I love? (I'm bronze and was going to wait until VIP for that too)
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    The event has ended and I just checked, the clothes are still there!

Yay! Now I can't wait for a VIP event, please let it be the next. I want to grab those clothes, the new purple or dark brown hair color.

The TB sale seems it will last another day too. I bought many stuffs for both my dolls, hopefully will style them all later when I'm feeling better.
    PM to add
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Thank you guys for welcoming me back! OMG Vats! Your picture looks amazing! Also, congrats on everyone getting all of the items from this year's Kimiversary! I can't wait until next year. I bought the ombre ponytail that I have been wanting for the longest and picked Khloe's outfit at the end of the story line. I thought it was the best one and I guess most of the forum members thought the same.

PPsg9pbl.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    I never wish for a VIP but I am looking forward to justifying the purchase of the new pop up clothes. LOL.

Thank you to everyone who shared the prices. I chose the most expensive item as the "freebie" for each of my dolls thanks to the inside info found here. Unfortunately none of you stopped me from chasing that dang GB hair so last minute I wasted 240 K stars and ended up with two boxes of $4000 kash, two boxes of 40 k star, and two boxes of 50 energy. No GB hair

I didn't realize we got new hair colors until I saw a comment here in the thread. While I like a couple of them, the black and darker brown are almost identical to what we already have. Why would anyone need to purchase those?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    Yes I need a VIP too. I want those pop up outfits, the bridesmaids dresses, a few new hairstyles and need to furnish my gallery.

I have an excellent idea. We should have a 'Christmas in July' VIP event that coincides with a 'Black Friday in July' sale.

There are so many super expensive items I just can't rationalize to purchase until Black Friday and that's six months away.

Im cheap. I admit it. I did splurge on the TB sale though. I swear the extra day is just going to taunt me into buying more hair.
    Holly I need to purchase the dark brown hair color, haha probably the minority here though. I can actually differentiate the darker brown hair from the black quite easily, and I think it's closer to my rl hair color than the black. The black gives off this dusty dark grey color on some hair and the dark brown looks way nicer imo.

I love trying on different hair colors, have only bought the pastel pink one so far. Hair colors are sooo expensive, I think I can resist til... Black Friday? Or I vote for Savage's suggestion.
    PM to add
    I'm seriously way too cheap to buy the hair colors until Black Friday. They're ridiculously expensive. I love the pale pink and the mint and will get them eventually.

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't differentiate between the black and the new black at all because I'm on a small screen and I keep my brightness level fairly low because I have chronic migraines. I get the idea though. Natural black is the new black.
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    Haven't posted here in a while but had to say I loved this weekend event- it's probably one of the very few Glu has done a great job with haha. But really it was great- I got the cute braid in my free gift box which was awesome because I had no intentions of buying more boxes.
    I also bought the short bob-cut looking hair that I used to have on my old game on my old phone- I thought I'd never get to have it unless I got lucky with a throwback box!! And I decided to splurge on a few other items I missed because this is a special sale.

I love the free outfit idea- I hope they do that next year too, even if it's the same story line. I bought the pantsuit because I haven't seen another one like it! I think it's nice that they also left those items in the closet for people to buy later, and they're affordable.

Anyway I'm glad some people were able to buy old items on their wishlist, work for lots of k-stars, and enjoyed the event overall. I hope next year is just as fun!
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Holly I need to purchase the dark brown hair color, haha probably the minority here though. I can actually differentiate the darker brown hair from the black quite easily, and I think it's closer to my rl hair color than the black. The black gives off this dusty dark grey color on some hair and the dark brown looks way nicer imo.

I like the new dark brown hair color, too. Yes, for some hairstyles, the black color looks like my doll has grey hair. :p
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • xxxnarwalsxxxxxxnarwalsxxx Registered Users 54 Posts
    I was able to complete the event and I've never been able to complete a professional event!I also got all the GB items!Sadly though, I forgot to buy k-stars and it makes me soooooo sad this morning ☹
    ​Android Player
    Add on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brittany.shaw0701
    KKH: Charlotte, lvl. 30, A+List

Playing on Galaxy S8+ with Android version 7.0 (until I get a new tablet)
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

Hi my love good to see you! I prefer this one #sassyhasmyheart

❤️❤️❤️ Deal. #vatshasmyheart xx
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    It's great to hear how much you all enjoyed the Kimiversary event!

The clothes from the pop-up shop will remain on sale in the wardrobe. They will be available as long as you have completed the weekend quest before it ends.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    It's great to hear how much you all enjoyed the Kimiversary event!

The clothes from the pop-up shop will remain on sale in the wardrobe. They will be available as long as you have completed the weekend quest before it ends.

This is great news!! Thank you, Kalinda :) and thank you, Glu, for a fabulous weekend :D
    Nai, I didn't phrase my sentence well enough. I meant that in my opinion, the new black & original black and the new dark brown & original dark brown are so similar that I don't understand spending big GC on the new ones. At first I thought perhaps the new black would show the details of the hairstyles better than the original black but I don't think it does. Every time I've been tempted to use black hair color I always give up because I feel the details are lost.

I always get excellent scores on color analysis charts but I must be missing something when it comes to the black and dark brown. I do see the differences in the new light brown and new blonde versus the versions that came out last year. The originals were golden, last years were ash, and the new ones are in the middle of the ash VS golden spectrum.

I wonder if the hair colors will go on sale at Black Friday. Did the colors go on sale before? I don't think so but I hope they do. It's hard to justify 80-160 Kstars on a color.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I agree the details are lost when using dark hair colors, that's why I always try other hair colors too. You know, I can't remember if there was a sale on hair color... it's a good suggestion because it took me eternity to decide to buy the pastel pink color at 160kstars for Xan, and the mint blue at 160kstars for Jax! So expensive...
    PM to add
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Hmm...being the artist that I am I can easily distinguish/differentiate between the free black hair color and the jet black hair color that costs 80 kstars. It'll like literally take me forever to hoard onto my kstars to purchase it for Ms. Goody two shoes. Oh I'm so loving the eggplant hair color too 😍.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Yes the hair colors also have their prices halved on Black Fridays. I recall I bought the teal color couple of years ago during the sale. I'd love if this year they extent the sale to all k-stars item of the game, including pets/furniture and baby clothing.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Discounts on spouse and baby clothes/features would be awesome!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I love the new bare chested look. I bought Dark Vats the bare chest, a pair of shorts, sandals and sexy hair and a beard. I haven't been changing his clothes much since he got the chest. he and Apple get funny looks when they dine at Oak, but hey, bare chested and home waiting for me. He's gonna act like a wife, I'm gonna treat him like one. Lol. Ok. This will disappear in less than 5 minutes. Luz used to love it when I;d do that. I issued her at the Anniversary Event. But actually, I saw a reprint of an article from the 1950s telling a wife she should bath and put on makeup and something frilly, do your hair his faveorite style, so you are a Visio. Of loveliness when he gets home. You'very already fed and put the kids to bed, cleaned, prepared dinner, then you shower and fix yourself up to please him when he gets home? It mentioned slippers and a scotch, and sit by his knee abs he read the paper in his fave chair. Oh my god. Anyway, so keeping him home and half naked is my stand against sexism. Besides...he's like having your very own chipendale dancer.

this ties in because while I'd love a discount on those things, till babies leave the nursery, or we #firethenanny I'm ok without one.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary