Options

~ Apropos of Nuthin'

Comments

• Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    The funeral should be in town however my parents live 8 hours away. My cousin promised to let me know as soon as arrangements are made so they'll have time to get here. I talked to my mom - she says my dad is hurt which is understandable. I almost expected this though because nobody even called him a week ago to let him know she was admitted to the hospital. I found out through my cousin and had to relay the message. And it's not like they didn't think he cared - my parents came into down and got to see her while she was still feeling ok/awake and THEY KNOW he did. So why they didn't reach out for this I'll never understand.

Thanks for letting me rant guys. I'm sitting at work feeling like I was about to go off on the next person who walked in :rolleyes:

I am so sorry that you and your father had to deal with this. I don't understand the heart of a person who can hang on to petty issues when there is a loved one to tend to. And I am sorry you lost your grandmother.
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    I'm sorry that I haven't been on much just have a lot on my mind. I'm sorry about what happened soundspretty it's not the proper time for them to be selfish and immature it's the time when they should be acting like mature adults and a family. I'm sorry for your loss. Have a great day or night you all.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi Guys. if you saw a momentary flash of tomorrow's opening for the weekend event, forget you saw it. My web editors won't do BB code, so I had to do it by hand, it's not the special thing I wanted, but if the customization box comes back early tomorrow, I'll fix it up then. So...sssssh. Thanks.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a double sending of pms? Or have I just been double tapping? Oops.oh and congrats on your new job Astray I read in another thread about you starting a new job. Again, congrats. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Did you ever found a dwarf lady pooing on your front door?! Happened this morning! Don't know for sure, maybe she was a magical being, cause she vanished really quickly! O.o
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Sounds like a visit from one of the little people or wee folk. Are there any bushes or shrubs near the front door? Something with leaves a little one could use as an umbrella. Omg, maybe she popped out of the rain forest from Carol's picture, and was causing mischief. Fairees and other little special beings live in rainforests. Or maybe that's smaller than you meant. Lol. Ooh oooh, a birthday fae who got caught trying to sprinkle special fairy dust to enchant you. Omg, or a hair bandit. How did your treatment go today dear Vats?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a double sending of pms? Or have I just been double tapping? Oops.oh and congrats on your new job Astray I read in another thread about you starting a new job. Again, congrats. :)
    Think you koko, my new job is very therapeutic i am not just helping others but they're helping me too even if they don't realise that they are.
  • Options
    Yeah there is a bush, think she was aiming it, but the rush made her p00p spread on the ground!

The treatment was amazing, they're calling 'hair spa', I received lots of different massages in my scalp and the products really help to recover my strands from the bleaching damage.

Happy that you're happy astray!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    You guys, sorry I just pop in every so often, I feel like there's so many threads to catch up on, I don't know where to start. I just want to say how much I appreciate you all and say thanks for the support (before John went, then and also now). I've met some truly special people here! I'm beginning to heal... a few months ago, I never thought I'd say that and I know I'll never get over my loss but I think people just begin to accept and live with their 'new normal', if you know what I mean.
    I wanted to share with you the song I've had on repeat for the last week. It's actually a joint birthday present for me and my John. My brother in law arranged/produced this cover song and plays guitar (he actually uses a few different guitars on this!), his father is on the piano, my sister's friend sings. (Check out my brother in law's YouTube account - he's awesome! But no spam intended... haha).
    The song has so many different and also special meanings for me and my John. We fell in love young and became best friends, we were in each other's lives for 11 years, had a little break but still saw each other all the time and then realised what we always knew- we were meant to be together.. We lived in Spain for a summer or two (he'd been in Tenerife for years and then moved to the Catalan small town where my mum's side of the family is from. We were destined to meet... lol he's originally an Irish scouse Liverpudlian!) and would go to an open air night club (Pacha la Pineda ❀️) - I know the lyrics that relate to that in this song - they melt my heart when I listen to it. The rest just describes how I felt when I was loosing him and then how I also feel now. Me and John mainly enjoyed dance music together but this song expressed how we felt about each other without speaking, especially when he was ill towards the end.
    My brother in law Tom knew this and I'm so thankful for this gift, it's truly the nicest thing anyone could ever do for me ❀️
    I thought my kkh family may like to hear ��
    [video=youtube_share;OMqoWcQWHGE]https://youtu.be/OMqoWcQWHGE[/video]
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Dear Amy, thank you for sharing this!
    I am all in tears.
    I always wanted to say you something, but I don't find the words. I am so sorry! There is nothing worse than losing someone you love . The helplessness..

I lost my brother.
    The pain is unbearable.
    I wanted a million times to come here to the forum and write something, but then I deleted it.
    I realize this pain will never go away. It's never over. It just gets easier some day. That's what they say.
    Who knows when that will be. Still crying my heart out every day.
    Android
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing the song with us Amy!

My dear, all hugs of the world to you, remember you're ALWAYS welcome to talk about your feelings here, and even if you aren't here all the time, you are in our thoughts. Love you.

Oh Rumpel, so sorry about your loss! It's important to allow yourself to feel the pain, people aren't 'disposals' that we forget easily and move on. I know that the forum has this festive vibe, but we're here for you and anyone who needs a bit of care that we can offer. You're between friends and we care about all the feelings you may have be feeling. Hugs to you as well.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    The pain is always there, that song is a beautiful gift Amy. AND Rumpel, I'm so sorry about your brother. The absolute worst for me was trying to share my brother's essence with my son. The fact that he will never know my brother is heartbreakjng. I really have to believe in the afterlife, and think we'll all be together sgsin.

And tears are good. I still tear up and cry every single day for my mother, and she's been gone 20 years and 7 months next Thursday. I'm so sorry you guys are hurting so. My mother used to go E me 'long distance hugs' when she moved to Arkansas. You put your right arm up to your left shoulder, and the left arm up across your chest to your right shoulder, squeeze gently and feel the hug. I still do this, and it does feel better3. Because they love us still and wouldn't want us feeling so lost without them. When you do that self hug thinking of them, it helps. Nothing will ever be the same till we're with them again, but any little grief hacks like a self hug, or a good cry helps. I put on an old sweater of Mom's and that helps when i'm sick, or just really need to feel close. I love you guys,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Amy, what a lovely song. So touching, I cried all the way through it! I know it's special to you, but I'm sure anyone listening to it can also relate it to someone in their own lives. Thank you sooooo much for sharing your song and your story with us ❀️ ❀️
  • Options
    Rumpel, I'm so sorry for your loss. Vats and Koko have said it perfectly, your friends on the forum are always here for anyone that wants/needs to share something in their own lives. hugs for you!!
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    "We'd remember tonight... for the rest of our lives !"

Amy, thanks for the link! It's one of my favorite songs, and I love the cover!

Rumpel, and anyone reading this, know that tears don't make you weak. I won't sit here and tell you to move on or it's gonna be alright. Take your time, and remember we're all here to listen if there's something you want to share! ❀
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Amy, this is so touching.. I love you babe, stay strong ❀️

Rumpel, I am so sorry for your loss.... feel the pain, cry, scream.. let it all out... hugs for you!
    Vats has my heart. Forever.Β πŸ’•

iOS
    07/2014Β 
  • Options
    I love you Koko πŸ’œ
    Vats, Sugar. Charli, Sassy.... Here I go tearing up again.. This time because I am so moved.
    Thank you so much for your hugs and kind words!
    You have warmed my heart.
    Android
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    giphy.gif

Amy you are such a strong person, I admire that so much. And thank you for sharing.
    I am so sorry for your loss, Rumpel, there are no words... My heart goes out to you and your family...
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    Linda ��
    Thank you so much!
    Hug received ��
    Android
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Amy, I know I've said it before, but again, I'm soooo sorry for your loss. I feel like words are so inadequate when it comes to trying to pass along condolences that they just seem hollow, even when issued with all sincerity.

And Rumpel, I'm also so sorry for your loss as well. You guys :(

I'm with Linda, sending virtual hugs and love to both of you.
  • Options
    Thank you max πŸ’œ
    Android
  • Options
    Max, the #freevatsfromsuffering, what did I miss? I thought after Vats hair, it was Nai's fangs. Does Vatsy have another problem I missed? I have room for more hashtags, the rest of my signature is a PSA for the game, but I kept my hastag. I think I have one. lol. ok, lemme post and check.

ETA: oh yeah #firethenanny lol. So, um, Vatsy? You ok doll?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Max, the #freevatsfromsuffering, what did I miss? I thought after Vats hair, it was Nai's fangs. Does Vatsy have another problem I missed? I have room for more hashtags, the rest of my signature is a PSA for the game, but I kept my hastag. I think I have one. lol. ok, lemme post and check.

ETA: oh yeah #firethenanny lol. So, um, Vatsy? You ok doll?

Oh, no, Koko. Vats is okay, minus his dog in a black bag campaign. His hashtag for his hair was #freevatsfromsuffering. Since Glu did that and did #fangsfornai I just put tick marks after each hashtag Glu has fulfilled for us, which I think is super awesome.

Idk about #firethenanny. I don't think I have a nanny? Where do you get a nanny?

But may I suggest my newest hashtag, which has a certain ... je ne sais quois ...

#thawthedolls
  • Options
    Oh, no, Koko. Vats is okay, minus his dog in a black bag campaign. His hashtag for his hair was #freevatsfromsuffering. Since Glu did that and did #fangsfornai I just put tick marks after each hashtag Glu has fulfilled for us, which I think is super awesome.

Idk about #firethenanny. I don't think I have a nanny? Where do you get a nanny?

But may I suggest my newest hashtag, which has a certain ... je ne sais quois ...

#thawthedolls

HAHAHAHAHA! Koko, "Ms Organized", don't you make TO DO lists and check things off as you do them? That made me giggle so much :D:D

And TommyGirl, the nanny comes to the nursery if you have 2 children :mad: which I completely DO NOT UNDERSTAND because if you only have one child, your spouse gets to come to the nursery with you! We hate the nanny! We want our spouse to be an active parent in raising our children so bring the spouse to the nursery to hold our 2nd child and #FIRETHENANNY!!

EDIT: I'm so down with Glu unfreezing our friends too! Adding #thawthedolls to my signature :cool:
  • Options
    I am a Gemini+. We have tons of todo lists. But we're not all organized. Lol. Not by a long shot.

but yeah, they want to thaw the dolls, but I want them to make it the final fix. Google messed up,Androids in 2016. Glu found the alternative to be FB. It worked great, my dolls were showing their changes within a minute. The Game Center effed up our iOS games. We had to add friends through Fb. That worked. Then FB effed us all. If you aren't frozen, your friends are. Oh oh oh, and 1 android doll froze in 2 stages. She froze as she looked in early feb early. A week later she unfroze. Within the hour she froze again...back to her frozen look of 2016, before the facial and closet redo of August. I hated that old face. We all had to adjust our dolls facial feature after the upgrade. But not my frozen doll. Omg talk hideous. ....

''oh sorry, guess I feel strongly, so um, maybe it's better if I don't see ....oh what the he!!.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh Gosh there are so many hashtags around to keep up, I've been neglecting my signature for so long. I wanted to come up with something new back in January when I erased the previous text, but we're already in July and still couldn't put something off lol. Lazy boy I turned into.:rolleyes:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    When the resident Negative Nancy posts a screenshot from their game and the doll looks eerily similar to one on Instagram who is trashing forum members by taking screenshots of their posts.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    And the worst part is that her hacked a$$ wasn't kicked from here yet. And at this rate they are pretty aware...C'mon GluGods, do something!ZXA8eS5.gif
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
  • Options
    Nothing Sugar. Lovely update huh?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary