Options

Make a star purchase, lose free star function

FluffybunnyFluffybunny Registered Users 15 Posts
I was informed by Glu Support that "any in-app purchase made in the game removes the advertisements from the game as per the present gameplay design". So once you make a purchase, you won't be able to earn free stars. I got around this the first time it happened by restoring my iOS from backup. That gave me back the ability to earn free stars. They promised I wouldn't lose free stars again if I made another purchase. That was apparently a lie, because now they're saying that is how it's designed. So if you don't get the screen that comes up where they let you earn free stars, try reloading iOS from the cloud. Also , that's the last time I buy stars because clearly their strategy is underhanded. And he didn't even bother to tell me that reloading from the cloud might resolve it. Once they know you'll give them money, they stop giving you anything free.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm sorry you feel this way, but i think youre taking a tech glitch and think it's by design. For everyone who says they lost free stars for videos after buying stars, there are a dozen who zren't affected this way.. what they mean hy a purchase removing ads, they mean the involuntary ones that i terrypt our game p,ay with every screen change. It doesn't (shouldn't) apply to the videos we volu teer to watch i exchange for a starl
    I've heard of a work around, maybe someone else can comment, where you disable in app purchases in settings. Then whenyou want to make a purchase, you set it back.

But in general, i've seen a big decrease in videos. If sponsors don't choose to run ads, there are no stars to be earned. But i am sorry this happened. Good luck if you try it, but i haven't done it myself.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    FluffybunnyFluffybunny Registered Users 15 Posts
    There has been no decrease in ads for me since I restored my free star function last November. None. Every day I earn at least 5 stars. Until I made a purchase during the half off sale 2 weeks ago, and then immediately lost the ability to earn stars, just like how it happened in July 2016. I'm not talking about fewer ads. I'm talking about the screen that pops up that lists all the free earning offers, the ones where you potentially earn 67 stars or whatever for filling out surveys. I do not get that screen any more. Previously when there were no ads, it would list all the surveys I could take, but there sometimes were no 1star opportunities. This is completely different.

So I opened a ticket telling them I can't earn free stars any more, that the option has been completely removed from my game , and their response was, verbatim, "I want to inform you that any in-app (sic) purchase made in the game removes the advertisements from the game as per the present gameplay design". This was the response from Waheed Husain on June 29. So he's saying that this is WAD (working as designed) and they can't give me back the ability to earn free stars. It's not me inferring that they are saying this. Glu customer care said this. I guarantee you, I will never get it back until I reload from the cloud because I went for months without ever seeing that screen , until I restored from the cloud, at which time it came back.