IOS Update - please update to 7.0.4

Comments

• ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    Thanks Simon for the bonus 15 stars. I was one of the lucky few who DID NOT have a problem with my game and managed to complete the midweek event. Yay
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    Thanks Simon for the bonus 15 stars. I was one of the lucky few who DID NOT have a problem with my game and managed to complete the midweek event. Yay

That's great! I'm still working my way towards the last box. I probably need about six more reality shows so I'm almost there! ☺️
  • queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    I hope everyone is enjoying, the newest update and that no one missed the midweek event! :)

Have a good day, dolls! :o
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    judithkkh wrote: »
    Sorry to bother you but how do you save your game on iCloud? Is it just by doing the backup in your phone every now and then? Did it work?

Hi Judith. I have my phone set to automatically back up every night. Additionally, I save it in the Cloud, and back it up to iTunes, too, about 2wice a month. For some reason, at least in my case, the Game Center save is so out-of-date it looks like it's from the first five minutes I played the game in 2014! What's with that?? There is no single fail safe, so I use three. My freakishness with saving the game. If I lost EVERYTHINGGGGGGG I would literally die!
    isabeau wrote: »
    Hi Judith. I have my phone set to automatically back up every night. Additionally, I save it in the Cloud, and back it up to iTunes, too, about 2wice a month. For some reason, at least in my case, the Game Center save is so out-of-date it looks like it's from the first five minutes I played the game in 2014! What's with that?? There is no single fail safe, so I use three. My freakishness with saving the game. If I lost EVERYTHINGGGGGGG I would literally die!

Isabeau, how long does it normally take your phone to backup? I'm backing mine up right now and it went from 19 minutes to 20 to 21 and so on.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I am so lazy when it comes to the Back ups. I can't manually back up the Androids, otherwise it would probably be a whole routine. But, we should start reminding each other "It's 10 o'clock....Have you backed up today?" I love the sense of security of having backups, to the point where I used to collect the family's old devices to back up the games. Now I'm more relaxed, but it's easy to get freaky about it, like Isabeau said.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Isabeau, how long does it normally take your phone to backup? I'm backing mine up right now and it went from 19 minutes to 20 to 21 and so on.

Ha, hi qd. Ok, it can be as major or minor as you like. It'll take literally hours and hours and HOURS, ohmigod(!), if you back up/save to Cloud absolutely everything on your phone. Which for safety's sake you may very well be doing. Also, the devices are set up to save everythingggg to begin with. So, what you need to do is a little exploration in your phone. Go into Cloud. What's it backing up? Do *you* want every single thing backed up? I don't, but that's just me. So listen. It'll make it easier if you can't choose, to just plug your phone into the charger when you go to bed, go into Backup and (ok, can't resist this one), as SpongeBob would say, "Back it up!" Heh. Then click your phone off (not shut down), and save yourself foreverrrr waiting while you take a good, long doll snooze. In the morning, voila! No pain, everything to gain! Also, if you wanna back up to iTunes, you can just plug it into your computer, tab, whatever, and just update KKH alone if you like. I got so hyper because *so* many people were posting about losing their games--most of my best friends are all gone now:( , and I got a new phone in January, so...sat for hours the day before saving it anywhere and everywhere, ughhhhh, I lost at least half my lifetime with that! Then, the next morning I did it all again! Sick, I know! Ha. Then last, I did one more all-around save--of KKH and K&K *only*; I spend outrageous money, though thankfully not as much in K&K because I totally LOST that! What.The.Heck. Happened?! I was just sitting there shocked. And continued being friends with other best-friend-krew members at tumblr. Some of them are at Insta, but I seriously can.not. deal with that. I have my own blog at tumblr, with several thousands of followers and so really don't have the time to waste there. Anyway, K&K down the drain, but every single little thing in KKH. Yeah, I was manic about it; but when you do suicidal things like buy FOUR star packs during an anniversary sale, and ANOTHER ONE at yesterday's one-only sale, you have to know you're totally nuts and CYA! Good luck, queen.dani. Let me know if I can help out any time. :)<3
  • MilicaBMilicaB Registered Users 21 Posts
    I update to 7.0.2, still not working, ipad iso 9.3.5, level 45
    Ha, hi qd. Ok, it can be as major or minor as you like. It'll take literally hours and hours and HOURS, ohmigod(!), if you back up/save to Cloud absolutely everything on your phone. Which for safety's sake you may very well be doing. Also, the devices are set up to save everythingggg to begin with. So, what you need to do is a little exploration in your phone. Go into Cloud. What's it backing up? Do *you* want every single thing backed up? I don't, but that's just me. So listen. It'll make it easier if you can't choose, to just plug your phone into the charger when you go to bed, go into Backup and (ok, can't resist this one), as SpongeBob would say, "Back it up!" Heh. Then click your phone off (not shut down), and save yourself foreverrrr waiting while you take a good, long doll snooze. In the morning, voila! No pain, everything to gain! Also, if you wanna back up to iTunes, you can just plug it into your computer, tab, whatever, and just update KKH alone if you like. I got so hyper because *so* many people were posting about losing their games--most of my best friends are all gone now:( , and I got a new phone in January, so...sat for hours the day before saving it anywhere and everywhere, ughhhhh, I lost at least half my lifetime with that! Then, the next morning I did it all again! Sick, I know! Ha. Then last, I did one more all-around save--of KKH and K&K *only*; I spend outrageous money, though thankfully not as much in K&K because I totally LOST that! What.The.Heck. Happened?! I was just sitting there shocked. And continued being friends with other best-friend-krew members at tumblr. Some of them are at Insta, but I seriously can.not. deal with that. I have my own blog at tumblr, with several thousands of followers and so really don't have the time to waste there. Anyway, K&K down the drain, but every single little thing in KKH. Yeah, I was manic about it; but when you do suicidal things like buy FOUR star packs during an anniversary sale, and ANOTHER ONE at yesterday's one-only sale, you have to know you're totally nuts and CYA! Good luck, queen.dani. Let me know if I can help out any time. :)<3

Hello, isabeu. I appreciate your answers so much! Personally, I have just the game's documents, my Game Center (which I don't know if it's useful anymore) and my contacts, so it doesn't take too long to do the backup, about 8-9 minutes and that's it! Now, my question is, is there a list of steps on how to do a correct iOS transfer? I'm not planning on changing my phone anytime soon but I'd like to be prepared. Also, when I go into my iCloud I see the Kim Kardashian Hollywood app under the section of Documents. Does this mean it's correctly saved?

I appreciate all of your help! Thank you! :o

As of right now, they only thing I have backing up is KKH and another game. When I went to ask you eariler, it went from 20 minutes to like 48 in literally 4 minutes now it's saying 4 hours and thank you for replying. I appreciated it, love! :o

Dear god, it said 4 hours then after I sent you the reply and looked at my phone it went to 1 hour, Apple kills me. :rolleyes:
    MilicaB wrote: »
    I update to 7.0.2, still not working, ipad iso 9.3.5, level 45

Hello Milica, we've had many iPad users have this problem. KalindaKing said they were working on fixing it so hopefully, they fix it soon, doll! Just be patient, that's all I can say. I am sorry, there are still issues! :(
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    another alternative to save your progress is through an itunes backup on your computer.
    granted, if you restore that backup on your phone it'll apply to all your apps but it's a faster alternative than the cloud.
    i did it when my iphone 4s died and got a new one.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
    egg wrote: »
    another alternative to save your progress is through an itunes backup on your computer.
    granted, if you restore that backup on your phone it'll apply to all your apps but it's a faster alternative than the cloud.

Sadly, I only have computers through Chrome and you can't download iTunes on them because it doesn't recognize it. But I would if I could. :)
    Sadly, I only have computers through Chrome and you can't download iTunes on them because it doesn't recognize it. But I would if I could. :)
    oh that blows.
    it saved my life when i found out i could do it. i was so crushed [and bored] when i couldn't play the game, mainly because of all the progress i'd made.
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    oh that blows.
    it saved my life when i found out i could do it. i was so crushed [and bored] when i couldn't play the game, mainly because of all the progress i'd made.

iTunes really helps out a lot, but I'm a very picky person when it comes to my browser. I'd get a Mac Book, but they're so expensive. I'd rather stick to my basic computer, lol.
    iTunes really helps out a lot, but I'm a very picky person when it comes to my browser. I'd get a Mac Book, but they're so expensive. I'd rather stick to my basic computer, lol.

it's weird that it doesn't read itunes, though.
    they have a windows version too.
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    it's weird that it doesn't read itunes, though.
    they have a windows version too.

honestly, i need to get a hold of my middle school computer teacher and ask her how you get around it, there is a way but i'm far from good with computer stuff.
    honestly, i need to get a hold of my middle school computer teacher and ask her how you get around it, there is a way but i'm far from good with computer stuff.

ohh, i see.
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS

do you do this by selecting under the "automatic backup" option the desktop one? I just want to make sure I'm doing it the right way, this is so helpful! Thank you very much! :o
  • bfol69bfol69 Registered Users 41 Posts
    Help! Waited to do the update as suggested and now my game won't even load. Ipad ios 9.3.5. And it was the 7.0.2. that I updated to.
    Hi bfol69 I'm really sorry this is happening. Thanks for your OS info, please know the team is working on this. Your patience is appreciated, and as soon as we hear anything we'll post it here. Fingers crossed for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks koko! Will be watching
    I know that they're working on it, but there is a thread in Support, it might be good to post there, and watch that one. Its here https://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?258311-7-0-1-update-issue&p=585042#post585042
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Just released a new update (7.0.3) for iOS. Check the App Store for more bug fixes!

If you were having loading issues after 7.0.2, let us know if your game works now.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Yay! Did the second update and everything fine now. Just in time to take the hubby out before he decides to divorce me cause of neglect. :)
    I'm glad to hear its working. I saw the update available, and had my fingers crossed for you. Guess I should go twke ot now too. Thanks Kalinda.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm glad to hear its working. I saw the update available, and had my fingers crossed for you. Guess I should go twke ot now too. Thanks Kalinda.

Thanks again, Kalinda! My game wasn't having any problems thank God, but now it's still working perfectly and I'm so glad it's working now for you, too bfol69! So happy about this!

Editing this last part because her husband is back in her game! She found him in London, she had a date going on with him and that's why she wasn't able to find him in her list! Haha, thank you for any help either way, guys! :o
    judithkkh wrote: »
    do you do this by selecting under the "automatic backup" option the desktop one? I just want to make sure I'm doing it the right way, this is so helpful! Thank you very much! :o

sorry for the late reply!
    anyway, you click on the iphone icon at the top of your itunes window. it's right below the play/pause buttons.
    then it should show you your phone's stats and stuff, and there's an option that says backup. there's a button that says make backup or something, and it'll give you the option to do it in your computer or the cloud.

in my case it kinda set me back and i lost some of my items from previous events but it was because i hadn't synced my phone to itunes in a while.
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    whenever you can't find your spouse in the list to bring them into a date, go to the friends /npc contacts tab as though you were sending a gift. if you see them in your list, they are still in your game and you have to go find them somewhere waiting for you. It they are not in your list to gift it may be a bigger problem. But that's a quick way to tell if you need to go looking. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary