Achievements not working?

judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
Hello, everyone!

I've noticed that my achievements are not notifying me each time I do something to increase that % they have. I haven't actually being able to check if they not only don't notify me but they're not increasing in % but, is this something normal? Like the fact I haven't seen them notifying me about something? I just realized this so I don't know since when it's happening but it's definitely happening after these two last updates we had. I mean, the fact that it's not notifying me is normal? For example, there's one that keeps increasing as much tops, jackets, etc you buy. I tried buying a dress to see if it moved or notify me but it didn't (it didn't move either but I think this is because you need a bigger amount of shopping for it to actually move to the next %, but what about the notification? Should I have had one when I bought the dress?).

I just want to know if this is happening to someone else or is this normal? Thank you very much for your help!

Comments

• queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    judithkkh wrote: »
    Hello, everyone!

I've noticed that my achievements are not notifying me each time I do something to increase that % they have. I haven't actually being able to check if they not only don't notify me but they're not increasing in % but, is this something normal? Like the fact I haven't seen them notifying me about something? I just realized this so I don't know since when it's happening but it's definitely happening after these two last updates we had. I mean, the fact that it's not notifying me is normal? For example, there's one that keeps increasing as much tops, jackets, etc you buy. I tried buying a dress to see if it moved or notify me but it didn't (it didn't move either but I think this is because you need a bigger amount of shopping for it to actually move to the next %, but what about the notification? Should I have had one when I bought the dress?).

I just want to know if this is happening to someone else or is this normal? Thank you very much for your help!

I just started an episode of my tv show and I did something and it added percentage to "Industry". But, I've never had it to where it wouldn't show up. Also, I'm sorry doll! Hopefully, it works soon.
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    I just started an episode of my tv show and I did something and it added percentage to "Industry". But, I've never had it to where it wouldn't show up. Also, I'm sorry doll! Hopefully, it works soon.

Hello, doll! Thank you so much for replying me, it's working perfectly fine now! :o Thank you! <3
  • lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    Well, I just finished typing a novel to in-game support (which i have no experience with, so no idea how helpful that might be, but thought I'd give it a shot). But of course, as usual, I should have checked here first. :-)

I was writing to them about one achievement in particular, and I haven't been paying attention to the other achievements (though I'll start to now), so I can't speak to how many achievements are affected. But I'm like 99% sure the product placement action in Milan is definitely NOT moving the "hype it up" progress bar at all.

I'm on level 8 of that achievement, and I do know that increases will be slow at this level until I max it out, and it'll take a while. But I've had product placements in Malibu and San Diego on Level 8 and still saw movement. Not every time, and only 1 percent each time it moved, but I considered that to be expected behavior, and it was still *some* movement. In Milan, however, I am at forever at 61%. Even after several 8 hour shows and plenty of tapping the action above whatever it is sitting on top of the table (I'm sure its the right action for increasing the "hype it up" achievement, I just don't remember exactly what it says at the moment. :) )

So, I wasn't connecting this to the recent updates...I thought it was just a "product placement in Milan is broken" situation. And now I feel pretty silly writing such a detailed thing to in-game support. I was trying to be thorough in case it might help (and also so it wouldn't be immediately dismissed as clueless user error). But maybe more achievements are being affected than just that one / maybe it's update related?

Is anyone else having issues with any achievements? I *really* dont think I'm just misunderstanding something. Perhaps it is just the one Milan glitch (or even just my game in particular) if no one else is having issues. I'll be curious to see if anyone else has something to add....
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi Lala, you were right to contact Customer Care with such a detailed situation. They are the ones who can look in your game and see if there is an issue, or test out the issue themselves to see if there is a widespread issue. Had you posted here first, I would have suggested Customer Care, or to look around in General Discussion and see if there's been any talk about others with the situation.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    judithkkh wrote: »
    Hello, everyone!

If there is a specific achievement you think should be increasing and it's not, screenshot the achievement before you do the gig, Screenshot it after you and screenshot any tasks you think should be increasing it. The whole achievements area is impossible to define by anyone other than glu But document everything and ask customer care about it.

If you are looking for a general consensus about something, my best advice is to post something in General Discussion asking for everyone's experiences and opinions about Achievements. You'll get a lot of responses, because some people pay very close attention to what task will trigger a movement of the achievement, in which situation.

Reading down a few more posts, I see it ok after all. That's great.

Dani, Industry is so hard to pin down. Whenever I've noticed it, it appears to mean an increase in our points with the costar I invited. I'll see 98%. I do another gig with the same person and then I leveled up with them That is the only thing I see Industry popping up about. Also, there is no Industry Achievements listed with the others. I also checked game FAQs There was nothing to be found when I typed Industry in the search window. So, if you have more questions about Industry, I'd either ask others in General Discussion, or you can always contact Support through an ingame ticket, and I'm sure they'll explain and help if you need it. :)

I found this about achievements in FAQs :

What are achievements and how can I earn them?
    You can earn achievements by completing goals like photo shoots and acting gigs and earning 5-stars. For example, if you keep earning 5-stars on modelling gigs, you will progress towards the Model Citizen achievement. And if you keep running into celebrities on the street, you will get closer to reaching the Real Run-In achievement.

You can see which achievements you've earned so far by opening the Goals menu and then tapping on the Achievements tab.

I notice it says 5 Star, so I'm thinking you can tap all the right things, but unless it's 5 star it wouldn't count.

in summary,
    Judith - You're good after all
    Dani had questions about Industry - next stop General Discussion or InGame message
    and Lala has sent a ticket to customer care.

With everyone answered, I'm closing this so the whole Achievement discussion doesn't move into iour Support section. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.