Monday Midweek Anticipation 7/11/17 Sensational Summer to SYS!

Comments

• tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I haven't posted for ages, but just had to after seeing the spoilers - I'm so happy it's a SYS this week with a kash buy-in (and a nice item at that!) and good prizes. I don't have time to grind this week, so this event will suit me really well. Thank you, Glu, and I hope everyone manages to get at least something they like!
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    Pez wrote: »
    Yes, buying and styling around the camera was a SYS event as well.

Except for when you want to sleep, set an alarm for every four hours! That's to maximize the number of times you enter, and thus get some number of points, whether you win or lose the round.

This should be obvious, but wear nice makeup, put some effort into accessorizing, pick a flattering hairstyle -- and make sure everything matches!! You don't want to look hodge-podge, like one of the NPCs. You could be wearing some of the most expensive and sought-after items in the game, but if your outfit clashes -- less points for you.

I've noticed I've been more likely to win when I'm not wearing too many of the basic closet items that are available to all players -- people seem to vote more for my outfits containing past event earnables/gift box items, I think because it makes my doll stand out a bit more, and distinguishes my look as something that not everyone is able to put together. But again, don't just slap together items that don't match just because they're no longer available, and hey, if that basic closet cash item really does best complement the SYS styling item -- wear it! Show thought and care and you'll get an A for effort from players like me.

And finally, one of my pet peeves: don't just wear the ENTIRE earnable outfit from the most recent weekend event -- it looks lazy to not even change. We all just saw those clothes, multiple times a day for several days, in the event pop-ups and as they were added to our closet. Have fun with your look, change it up!

Thank you very, very much! :o<3 The last SYS event I did have to spend some K Stars because I didn't set up any alarms so from the 6 looks you can actually submit a day I submitted like 2 or 3 so I'm definitely doing that and following all of your stylish advices too! So excited, can't wait for tomorrow. I'm actually setting up an alarm at 5 a.m. so I can start as soon as the event starts! Hahaha not want to lose any time! ;)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi Tiramasu so nice to see you again. I 'm glad you're playing with us for this event. Hey, gas anyone gotten the update file? I wonder when the items will be there to buy and start playing with. Lol, glu has been really great with the clothes and events...I'm glad you're here to enjoy them. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Hi Tiramasu so nice to see you again. I 'm glad you're playing with us for this event. Hey, gas anyone gotten the update file? I wonder when the items will be there to buy and start playing with. Lol, glu has been really great with the clothes and events...I'm glad you're here to enjoy them. ;)

Koko, my game updated on iOS about 30 mins ago and then the shoes were available. I already purchased them but now I see there's also update 7.0.4 in the apple store which I'm hesitant to take because my game is working fine right now and I already purchased the SYS item so I don't want any problems :eek: :confused:
    judithkkh wrote: »
    Thank you very, very much! :o<3 The last SYS event I did have to spend some K Stars because I didn't set up any alarms so from the 6 looks you can actually submit a day I submitted like 2 or 3 so I'm definitely doing that and following all of your stylish advices too! So excited, can't wait for tomorrow. I'm actually setting up an alarm at 5 a.m. so I can start as soon as the event starts! Hahaha not want to lose any time! ;)

Judith I don't know your time zone, but either be up to start at 5 a.m. eastern, or whenever you find you have to get up in the middle of the night...early hydration. Soon I will start extra water drinking. It's nature's silent alarm. It's good for your skin, your digestion, etc, but it will also get you up in time to start another round. And it doesn't wake up your partner or other family with an alarm going off.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Thank you, Koko! It's nice to be back and I'm excited to start the event! I don't think I've had the update yet...
    Judith I don't know your time zone, but either be up to start at 5 a.m. eastern, or whenever you find you have to get up in the middle of the night...early hydration. Soon I will start extra water drinking. It's nature's silent alarm. It's good for your skin, your digestion, etc, but it will also get you up in time to start another round. And it doesn't wake up your partner or other family with an alarm going off.

Ohhh! This is not a bad idea at all! Haha, thank you, Koko!
    By the way, I do see a 7.0.4 Update in my game... Are we supposed to update it right now? I don't know if I should, will be waiting for everyone's comments! <3
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Well I'm not too thrilled on the items you have to dress up not to mention if I do participate I'll only participate for one since the dating event caused me to go completely broke for Xoëy lol.

I don't really like long hair on Lucas, never thought it looked good on me in real life since my cheeks are somewhat chubby lol, so I'm kind of on the fence about it quite frankly.

It'll be 9 or 10 AM for me when this event starts I'll probably be at work by then.

Update: okay so the hair isn't that long I just don't like it, lol.
  • FindMeIfYouCABFindMeIfYouCAB Registered Users 56 Posts
    Prepared my first look :)

w4ewq7n.jpg

w4ewq7n.jpg

Such a beauty! :o<3
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh this is so nice of you GluGods! Can't believe that we're doing a SYS for kash! And I like the blue jacket!

Can't say the same about the earnables, these pants are very alike to the one from the weekend, but those look better IMO. The hair is a bit too much messy to me. But I'm happy anyway.

Thank you so much Glu, I'm excited to lose sleep the next couple of nights!:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Oh this is so nice of you GluGods! Can't believe that we're doing a SYS for kash! And I like the blue jacket!

Can't say the same about the earnables, these pants are very alike to the one from the weekend, but those look better IMO. The hair is a bit too much messy to me. But I'm happy anyway.

Thank you so much Glu, I'm excited to lose sleep the next couple of nights!:p

That last part is literally how I feel right now! Haha, I'm pretty excited to lose some hours of sleep for the next couple of nights, been there done that so we should have fun while doing it! :p Hahaha.
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    I'm not really feeling the dress or hair :confused:

Especially the hair cause I have a hairstyle that's styled the same way which I got from a TB box

IMG_20170711_032030_214.jpg

But thanks for posting the spoilers Kalinda!
    And good luck to everyone participating. I can't afford to be losing sleep with my semester exams starting tomorrow :D

Oh and I know this is off topic but can anyone direct me to where I can take a look at the "lovers" achievement prizes. I remember Linda posting them but idk what thread they're on :(
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • Ziya SwansonZiya Swanson Registered Users 56 Posts

w4ewq7n.jpg
    I love your look! If I see your doll I'll definitely be sure to vote for you (and anyone else who posts their looks on the forum).
    #ComeBackVats
    iOS player
  • Ziya SwansonZiya Swanson Registered Users 56 Posts
    Here's my first look. I can't wait for tomorrow! Good luck everybody! :D
    qIPcdwW.jpg
    #ComeBackVats
    iOS player
    Here's my first look. I can't wait for tomorrow! Good luck everybody! :D
    qIPcdwW.jpg

Gorgeous! <3
    Can't wait to vote for everyone in here. :o
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    FindMeIfYouCAB and Ziya, your looks are fab! Clean and classic. I feel unsure about mine... is this too much gold, especially considering the shoes are clear & silver? I'm worried there's too much disconnect between the shoes and the rest of the outfit. I'll probably drop the sleeve tattoo regardless. Well, I have the rest of the evening to style a more cohesive look...

rfvhhFW.jpg
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Here's my first look that I'll be submitting for this event. Since the sandals has a translucent look to it, I've decided to keep it short and simple with a natural wet wavy beach look for my doll. I'm hoping that this look wins on both of my games since I twinned up my dolls even though they're not remotely closely related haha :D
    9pxUTL.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• CelaCela Registered Users 13 Posts
    Anyone know how long until this event starts? (Like hour-wise?)
    Wow, everyone looks great, I have a few ideas in mind, but I generally get up bleary eyed around 4, stumble around to get my bearings, grab and boot up my devices, then I come here and clean up the spammy stuff, and then I suddenly realize it's time, I grab and submit a look, I sometimes manage to screenshot it so i remember it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    To everyone who is new at this event, or overly excited, you have to relax, don't scruitinize to excess. When we see it, our eye and mind will decide what the most appealing look is within seconds. so, take a step back and if you're happy with it, it will show in results. This is a fun event. Play the game and have fun between voting. Don't spend 4 hours obsessing over looks. I know, I'm a recovering obsesser. If we all think positive, start in roughly 6 hours and 20 minutes, and remember to vote for a while each time you submit an outfit, you'll do fine. :)

But yeah, it's so exciting, and I love the lace up boots we got. And a cash buy in, what's not to like.

Now remember, we all think positive, and if one of us gets shaky, the others talk them down. ok? We're in this together. And for those who haven't started hydrating yet......

Have a midori helmet. Keeps you hydrating with hands free for tapping. :)
    Midorihat2.jpg
    Now who's here to have fun tomorrow, today, whatever, 6 hours from now? (bet you didn't see that helmet in the Midori Ads Kim made. You did know she was the Midori spokesperson for a while....."When you need a pop of color" I think our 2 St Pat's cokktail dresses were modeled after the Midori ad's dresses.

Ok, time for more water. See you soon.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    33at1j4.jpg

<crosses fingers>
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    To everyone who is new at this event, or overly excited, you have to relax, don't scruitinize to excess. When we see it, our eye and mind will decide what the most appealing look is within seconds. so, take a step back and if you're happy with it, it will show in results. This is a fun event. Play the game and have fun between voting. Don't spend 4 hours obsessing over looks. I know, I'm a recovering obsesser. If we all think positive, start in roughly 6 hours and 20 minutes, and remember to vote for a while each time you submit an outfit, you'll do fine. :)

But yeah, it's so exciting, and I love the lace up boots we got. And a cash buy in, what's not to like.

Now remember, we all think positive, and if one of us gets shaky, the others talk them down. ok? We're in this together. And for those who haven't started hydrating yet......

Have a midori helmet. Keeps you hydrating with hands free for tapping. :)
    Midorihat2.jpg
    Now who's here to have fun tomorrow, today, whatever, 6 hours from now? (bet you didn't see that helmet in the Midori Ads Kim made. You did know she was the Midori spokesperson for a while....."When you need a pop of color" I think our 2 St Pat's cokktail dresses were modeled after the Midori ad's dresses.

Ok, time for more water. See you soon.

Ohh! Such a helpful helmet for times like this when I need to be drinking water but tapping for some extra energy for my gigs! ;)
    Thank you so much for all of your advices, Koko! <3 I'm super excited to see everyone's looks and for this one to be started! :o
  • queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    Pez wrote: »
    FindMeIfYouCAB and Ziya, your looks are fab! Clean and classic. I feel unsure about mine... is this too much gold, especially considering the shoes are clear & silver? I'm worried there's too much disconnect between the shoes and the rest of the outfit. I'll probably drop the sleeve tattoo regardless. Well, I have the rest of the evening to style a more cohesive look...

rfvhhFW.jpg

Oh no, Pez! I absolutely love this look, even with the tattoo! :o

& good luck, love! :eek:
  • queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    33at1j4.jpg

<crosses fingers>

This is adorable, I love this. :o & good luck, doll! :)
    Such adorable and lovely looks! <3
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Cela wrote: »
    Anyone know how long until this event starts? (Like hour-wise?)

It starts at 5 am EST for me.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Yay!! Midweek SYS events are my favorite!!! I really love the looks that have been posted so far, and I know who to vote for if I see them ;) Guys.. my baby turned 6 months old yesterday!! How has it been that long?! I don't post very often anymore, as I'm sure you can guess why haha. He doesn't wake up in the night very often anymore, and I'm definitely not setting an alarm since he sleeps in his bassinet right next to me, so hopefully I can get in some wins during the day! I remember when the similar hairstyle was available in a weekend event and I wanted it but didn't get it. I have to have it this time haha :) good luck, everyone!!!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Been thinking I want to post more on the forum, after being mostly a lurker for two years.
    I am so happy and excited for this SYS and this is my first look. :)
    IMG_3273.jpg
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    These are the first and second looks I voted on. The event starts 12.00 here, I submitted my first look at 12.01.
    Screenshot_2017-07-11-12-01-00.png
    How is it possible that someone has already the complete outfit?
    Android