RESOLVED: Android Games crashing after 7.1 update

urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
I updated to 7.1 and was able to play for a little, was about 2 energy away from finishing a gig and my game crashed. I have not been able to successfully open it since, I just get stuck on the loading screen and then it closes.
I have no other apps running, plenty of space on my phone, and tried restarting but nothing is working so far.
I play on an Android Galaxy S6 Edge +
Android version 7.0
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
Android 7.0
Prev1

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi, are you still having this problem? It's late here now, but I will send in a question about this, and hopefully it can be addressed in the morning. But my fingers are crossed it settles out by itself and you don't need help. I'm sorry this happened.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CalanthaCalantha Registered Users 187 Posts
    My game is crashing just before I get enough points to get a 5 star rating on a gig...everything works up until the 5th star gets filled up and the whole game shuts down..so I can't finish a gig with a 5 star rating...im on android
  • ericasiaericasia Registered Users 32 Posts
    Calantha wrote: »
    My game is crashing just before I get enough points to get a 5 star rating on a gig...everything works up until the 5th star gets filled up and the whole game shuts down..so I can't finish a gig with a 5 star rating...im on android

The exact same thing is happening to me. It started with not letting me get five stars on a gig and now it won't load. I am also on android.
  • ericasiaericasia Registered Users 32 Posts
    The exact same thing is happening to me on my Galaxy S8.
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Thanks kokokokonut. Unfortunately I'm still having the same issue this morning. Appreciate the help and hope it's resolved soon!
    Android 7.0
    Yep, me too. So upsetting. I was just about to finish a gig too and then it just went black. Also Android.
    Android 7.0
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Same with me. :( I posted this on the other thread so now I know that it's a known issue. But it's sad because i'm about to break the 150-appearances in a row achievement because of this ;(

↓↓↓
    Hi? Has anyone finished the quest "The Biography Launch"? Whenever I completed this quest it closes my games suddenly like forced exit. I tried completing the event several times but instead of seeing a pop-up that i finished the event successfully, my app only closes. I'm not sure if it's a known issue. I just asked it here because I did the quest as a head start for this Professional midweek and I onlt have like 30mins till the timer runs out, i'm just worried because there's an achievement like I have to do 150 appearance gigs in a row and i'm already 71% though I'm not sure if this quest is an "appearance gig" Please help me. Thank you so much~!
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    My game won't load anymore :( I'm also on android
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
    Will everyone please put their platform in their signature?

Android 6.0.1
    samsung galaxy tab

I started game, did 2 Reality shows successfully. Went to mirragio grande to do a leftover task. Left to scrounge for more energy, came back 2 taps from finishing, the game crashed. Now it won't even load. It was an appearance for me as well.

i sent this link to glu last night after reading urnxo's post last night. Now I'll update. Was this a leftover task for everyone?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • BHDTLBHDTL Registered Users 2 Posts
    I did a leftover task after the update, was close to finishing or did finish ( don't know for sure) and then it crashed and I haven't been able to open it since. Samsung Galaxy S6, Android 7.0.
    Samsung Galaxy S6. Android 7.0
    Will everyone please put their platform in their signature?

Android 6.0.1
    samsung galaxy tab

I started game, did 2 Reality shows successfully. Went to mirragio grande to do a leftover task. Left to scrounge for more energy, came back 2 taps from finishing, the game crashed. Now it won't even load. It was an appearance for me as well.

i sent this link to glu last night after reading urnxo's post last night. Now I'll update. Was this a leftover task for everyone?

I was on my last gig for SC London. Working on adding my platform info now, I'm still adjusting to the new setup on the forum :) Hope we have some good news from Glu soon! I hate missing out on TB opportunities.
    Android 7.0
    My other android is fine, but I'm not going to work on unfinished tasks on that till this is fixed. I'm sorry this is happening, but i'm in it with you. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    urnxo wrote: »
    I was on my last gig for SC London. Working on adding my platform info now, I'm still adjusting to the new setup on the forum :) Hope we have some good news from Glu soon! I hate missing out on TB opportunities.

New set up? What new set up are you talking about? There is a full mode, and a tablet mode somewhere.could thwt be it? I'll look around for that, and you tell me more about the new set up?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Same problem. My game crashes after the loading screen. I was just about to finish a VIP story line when my game crashed. Since then I can't open it anymore.

Samsung Galaxy S5
    Android 6.0.1
    While you're all here in support....per Kalinda's request.....'
    please put your Platform........Android. Or iOS...Facebook....Amazon.....whatever platform you play your games on, please put it in your signature.

go to settings here on the forum, then choose Edit Signature, and add you platform, save your signature no you're done. Thanks.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • xxxnarwalsxxxxxxnarwalsxxx Registered Users 54 Posts
    I can't even get into the game anymore.

And I've put what I play on and the Android version in my signature.
    ​Android Player
    Add on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brittany.shaw0701
    KKH: Charlotte, lvl. 30, A+List

Playing on Galaxy S8+ with Android version 7.0 (until I get a new tablet)
    Thanks narwhals. I'm sorry you're hit too.. tell me did you crash going into the game, or if you crashed during a task, reality show or leftover gig from before the update?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We're working on a fix!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • xxxnarwalsxxxxxxnarwalsxxx Registered Users 54 Posts
    Koko, at first the crashing happened when I tapped the last star for the gig I was doing and now, it's crashing while I'm trying to go into the game.
    ​Android Player
    Add on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brittany.shaw0701
    KKH: Charlotte, lvl. 30, A+List

Playing on Galaxy S8+ with Android version 7.0 (until I get a new tablet)
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    After the event started, Jax started a 3h reality show and cannot complete it no matter what, game keeps crashing. Had no choice but to let the timer run and complete with 4 stars. I don't want to start another, so I'm going to start an 8h gig and hopefully Glu announces the fix before the gig ends.
    PM to add
  • sadnertsadnert Registered Users 24 Posts
    Same problem. Sony Xperia tab.
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I got crashes too when I try to finish 3 hours reality gig :(
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
    Mine was an 8 hour leftover be careful. I'm locked out. It may be the same thing with the next gig , but we're all rooting for you if you do undertake that task. Good luck
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LadyLoonsLadyLoons Registered Users 14 Posts
    I too am locked out, hopefully i can restart my vip event or else imma be fuming!!
  • KimKHollyWoodAddictionKimKHollyWoodAddiction Registered Users 166 Posts
    Having issues here and it's been almost 15 hours since I've been able to open my game. I was doing my first 1 hour VIP gig last night and it wouldn't let me finish. I was able to write Glu in my game before it cut off completely. I really hope they fix it and give me my reward that I pay monthly for.. android phone player.. new update coming soon?
    There was an update yesterday kkh addiction. Do you auto update by any chance> there is a loading, crashing issue with Androids since the update, and the ensuing hours, glu us working the fix. Sorry you've been hit. It got one if my Androids too.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    There was an update yesterday kkh addiction. Do you auto update by any chance> there is a loading, crashing issue with Androids since the update, and the ensuing hours, glu us working the fix. Sorry you've been hit. It got one if my Androids too.

Yes that's what I was referring too. I updated last night around 7 all excited and waited til about 9 when my VIP gig was available and proceeded to complete it, after I realized it was the gig that was my issue - I was able to complete a 3 hour reality show at calabasas just fine.. after 30 minutes of this repeat closing out after not letting me finish the VIP gig it wouldn't let me back in. I tried again this morning and still won't let me in. This issue has been happening since 1015 last night for me. Over 12 hours and they haven't put out a new update yet? Why? I missed my VIP gig and my free videos because of it and now we're all missing the throwback event..
    Any word on when it will be fixed and if we will get to redo our gig we started when it crashed.. and fixing the midweek event for us?
    They will release a fix as soon as one becomes available, and they can't foresee that 'in 3 hours it will be resolved, or within half an hour we'll have the fix. I'm so sorry we are all sitting this out for now. Believe me, they want us up and running and playing asap.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KkGigiKkGigi Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 2 Posts
    Metoo! I get my Update this morning ( i'm from Europe) ...after enjoy my new home in Brooklyn i start to play a gig in Oak New York ( with K-star payment) and when i finish it , before recive payment, the game crashed. Now i'm not able to open the game. This happen 8 hours ago. I have try to restart my tablet 20 times but nothing. Actually is like i have lost 2 years of game and also money, this is really sad.
    I'm using a Tablet Samsung Galaxy A with Android 6.0.1
    I really hope Glu will do something :(