Videos for Rapid Recharge & K-Stars

KajaKaja Registered Users 18 Posts
Hey all - is anyone else noticing a distinct lack of other game videos to watch for free K-Stars and Rapid Recharges? - I keep getting messages that none are available - even when the option for Rapid Recharge is presented to me? - weird!!

Comments

• astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    When it does that it usually means that you've probably used up all of the videos they've put out for the time being I normally wait for an hour or two and then I try again usually by then it shows another video for me. :)
  • gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    It's not like that though, it's been going on like this for days now. Just like there are no videos for rapid recharge, k-stars, "open another" for daily box, there are also no videos being shown as in-game advertisement. Maybe with the new update they forgot to load videos in it? Lol, I don't know about tech but I know it's not from using up all of the videos we're given.
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    genthea wrote: »
    It's not like that though, it's been going on like this for days now. Just like there are no videos for rapid recharge, k-stars, "open another" for daily box, there are also no videos being shown as in-game advertisement. Maybe with the new update they forgot to load videos in it? Lol, I don't know about tech but I know it's not from using up all of the videos we're given.

Well for me that's not the issue since I'm on android so i can't really speak on your situation you might want to contact GLU about that.
    It happened once before, I don't remember how I got it fixed but I think with the next update I started getting videos again. I don't think Glu can do anything if that's the case so I guess I'll wait until the next update & contact them if videos are still not restored. Thanks by the way!
    How's your situation, Kaja? I wonder if it's the same for you.
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I believe the videos are dependent on what companies choose to advertise in your area. It's nothing you're doing wrong or anything wrong with the game. It's just something that happens sometimes. This was taken from the in-game FAQ (always a good place to start when you experience a problem!)
    Video availability is completely dependent on advertisers. If they want to advertise to your specific demographic they may offer videos, but if not, then you will not have any to view. Unfortunately, there is no way to make them want to show videos.

We do try to use multiple vendors in order to increase the chance a video will be available for all of our players. You will just need to check back frequently to see if any are available.
    thank you for the great answer, soundspretty. I'll just have to wait there then, huh? :p
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    my problem is that videos don't load.
    it doesn't show me "videos not available" but rather, the screen will look like it's loading up a video but nothing happens.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    This has happened to me too. When I go to watch a video for rapid recharge, nothing will pop up but the special effect around the energy bar comes up and I get the shortened time. Same for the daily gift box. I'll go to watch a video to open another, a video doesn't come up, but it will let me open another. I don't have the option to watch videos for k-stars so I don't know about that.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    This has happened to me too. When I go to watch a video for rapid recharge, nothing will pop up but the special effect around the energy bar comes up and I get the shortened time. Same for the daily gift box. I'll go to watch a video to open another, a video doesn't come up, but it will let me open another. I don't have the option to watch videos for k-stars so I don't know about that.

Angie, that has happened to me before too, and I feel like that's exactly what's happening with my issue of clicking the "watch a video" button and nothing happening. I don't mind if there's no video and I can still get the rapid recharge or the daily gift box, but the game does NOT give the Kstar in this situation and I'd rather actually watch the video and get the star instead of nothing!!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I've noticed mine does that too sometimes, looks like it's trying to load a video and then doesn't. I can't remember exactly what I do since it doesn't happen all the time, but I think I just try to back out and it gives me the reward anyway.
  • bfol69bfol69 Registered Users 41 Posts
    All I've ever gotten on my ipad game for videos is the rapid recharge. My game on my MotoG has always had everything. Free kstars, energy, rapid recharge, and ads. Since the update, when I choose the rapid recharge on my ipad, it always says none available. Whenever it happened before, I just waited awhile and tried again and would usually get it, but not this time. Haven't had rapid recharge for days! Am hoping it gets fixed with the new update.

nope, just got the new update and still no rapid recharge. Sent a ticket in and just got back the spiel about advertisers in the area. If I've been getting them all this time, why all of a sudden don't I have them now? My android game has never had a problem like this, but my ipad is one thing after another. I already get gypped out of the free kstar videos, now I can't even cut down on recharge time. Am getting tired of the constant problems.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I do know that glu was checking i to the whole video issue, but if the video isn't loading, there is feally nothing they do individually. I've seen it a few times in videos for stars, but from the Other Offers part. The free stars for videos is 3rd party, snd 99.96% of the time, it's Fyber's issue. As always, yoou can write to Customer Care and ask them about the non loadkng videos, but I thknk you'll be disappointed. :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I haven't had rapid recharge for close to a year now. Forget the six videos per day for stars. These good things, unfairly given to some but not to others, pfffff!
    isabeau wrote: »
    I haven't had rapid recharge for close to a year now. Forget the six videos per day for stars. These good things, unfairly given to some but not to others, pfffff!

Sorry to hear that isabeau. I definitely think Glu should fix this so everyone gets the same features, like rapid recharge and watching videos for k-stars. That way it will be fair for all.
    SugarK wrote: »
    Angie, that has happened to me before too, and I feel like that's exactly what's happening with my issue of clicking the "watch a video" button and nothing happening. I don't mind if there's no video and I can still get the rapid recharge or the daily gift box, but the game does NOT give the Kstar in this situation and I'd rather actually watch the video and get the star instead of nothing!!

I totally understand what you're saying. I'd definitely be okay with Glu fixing this. I wouldn't mind having to actually watch videos for rapid recharge and the daily gift boxes so others can watch videos as well for k-stars. Let's hope Glu gets to this soon!
  • KajaKaja Registered Users 18 Posts
    It happened once before, I don't remember how I got it fixed but I think with the next update I started getting videos again. I don't think Glu can do anything if that's the case so I guess I'll wait until the next update & contact them if videos are still not restored. Thanks by the way!
    How's your situation, Kaja? I wonder if it's the same for you.

Hey genthea! - no still the same, been about a week now - no offers thru rapid recharge - not getting the 5-6 free stars on any given day thru the purchase screen anymore either...interesting that this has happened before and possibly to do with upgrade??

Find it hard to believe that advertisers have just "stopped" in my area too - I travel around three capital cities in Australia - same messages everywhere - so what, no advertising to game players in Australia at the moment? :p

If I was a more suspicious person I'd think it might be a little ploy to force us to buy K-stars as an only option :rolleyes:
    Kaja wrote: »
    Hey genthea! - no still the same, been about a week now - no offers thru rapid recharge - not getting the 5-6 free stars on any given day thru the purchase screen anymore either...interesting that this has happened before and possibly to do with upgrade??

Find it hard to believe that advertisers have just "stopped" in my area too - I travel around three capital cities in Australia - same messages everywhere - so what, no advertising to game players in Australia at the moment? :p

If I was a more suspicious person I'd think it might be a little ploy to force us to buy K-stars as an only option :rolleyes:

Haha, I don't know about that but yeah, my videos didn't get fixed with the update as well. I also tried VPN, changed my IP as if I'm in America but that didn't work as well. I feel like if I message to Glu they're gonna give a standart reply "it's not up to us, it's up to our sponsors" but I'm starting to get tired of this. :/
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Haha, I don't know about that but yeah, my videos didn't get fixed with the update as well. I also tried VPN, changed my IP as if I'm in America but that didn't work as well. I feel like if I message to Glu they're gonna give a standart reply "it's not up to us, it's up to our sponsors" but I'm starting to get tired of this. :/

You know the ironic thing about their standard reply about availability dependent on sponsors in the area? ... I used to get 6 videos per day, like clockwork and some days it was the exact same video ad 6 times in a row!! So that standard reply about availability really feels like a cop-out to me :rolleyes: lol
    SugarK wrote: »
    You know the ironic thing about their standard reply about availability dependent on sponsors in the area? ... I used to get 6 videos per day, like clockwork and some days it was the exact same video ad 6 times in a row!! So that standard reply about availability really feels like a cop-out to me :rolleyes: lol

yeah, you have a point and there are "watch this video" quests in Fyber offers so if you can put it there, why don't you put in the game itself, right? If it's up to Fyber, then they just don't care. :(

edit: also, while I'm waiting for my videos to come back, I'm trying to enjoy the ad-free game for a while. It's so peaceful and quiet I love it.
    Reviving this thread to express my sorrow. It's been more than a month since I last watched a video for k-stars or rapid recharge. I know, I know, it's not up to Glu, it's up to Fyber, but a sister gotta express her unhappiness. I'm trying to enjoy an ad-free game of course, but I even miss those little videos that pop up and you can't close. Come back, my dearies! :(
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    Since we're bringing up the issue of free videos and offers: I just noticed that as of today, the option to even watch video is completely gone. I don't mean that I'm clicking it and it's saying no videos are available, I mean that the entire button for it disappeared. I've definitely had the option this entire time, so what caused this? ��

MCl811O.jpg
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
    That's what happened to me with no available videos.
    "Watch a free video" for k-stars and cash disappeared, also "watch a video and open another" for daily box disappeared as well. Rapid Recharge ad stands but when I click on it it says "no available videos."
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    This sucks :( free videos and offers are the only way I get K starts, unless someone gifts me a iTunes giftcard I dont spend money on the game aside from my monthly VIP which is my version of splurging. I really hope I get the button back and can resume doing free offers.
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
    I hope so too! It's so boring to play this way.
  • scarlet_1scarlet_1 Registered Users 42 Posts
    Oh I thought I was the only one experiencing this, I never get free video offers for kstars(or energy or cash either), and I only get to watch a video for another free box if I haven't played the game in a while, I've seen people say they've watched dozens of videos in a day to earn kstars, yet since as far as I can remember the most I've ever gotten to watch were 2 videos, meaning only 2 k-stars, and my rapid recharge option hasn't worked in months. But my game has always been like this.
    Scarlet here!
    Daily KKH player • Level 36 • Currently A++ • Android •
    scarlet_1 wrote: »
    Oh I thought I was the only one experiencing this, I never get free video offers for kstars(or energy or cash either), and I only get to watch a video for another free box if I haven't played the game in a while, I've seen people say they've watched dozens of videos in a day to earn kstars, yet since as far as I can remember the most I've ever gotten to watch were 2 videos, meaning only 2 k-stars, and my rapid recharge option hasn't worked in months. But my game has always been like this.

So sorry to hear that! I hope they'll find a way to make the game work for all of us. Maybe they'll change their venders/suppliers. We can only hope. It happened to me before but it got fixed in a couple of weeks. Now, it's been more than a month. All I can do is to mourn for the times when rapid energy was my best friend.