Weekend Event 7/28/17 - Get Ready to Dress Up!

Comments

• eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    so this probably has been asked before but i was wondering.
    i will not be able to wait for the event, so if i leave the app open will it appear when it's time?
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    You don't need to keep it open. After the event has started whenever you open your game while the event i running. You don't need to be in the game when it starts. ;) was that what you meant>
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    You don't need to keep it open. After the event has started whenever you open your game while the event i running. You don't need to be in the game when it starts. ;) was that what you meant>

oh no i know that. my question is actually if it will start if i leave the game open.
    i won't have connection by the time the event starts so i was wondering if by leaving the game open before i lose connection i will be able to still access to the event or if i have to wait to have connection.

sorry if i wasn't clear! english isn't my first language.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    Enjoy the new storyline! We just made it available to more players.

I received the mini update but there's not a new storyline available for me just yet. Is it going to start being available for everyone as the event gets closer? <3 I don't want to get worried! Haha
    egg wrote: »
    oh no i know that. my question is actually if it will start if i leave the game open.
    i won't have connection by the time the event starts so i was wondering if by leaving the game open before i lose connection i will be able to still access to the event or if i have to wait to have connection.

sorry if i wasn't clear! english isn't my first language.

No, don't worry, I've just never thought of that. As far as I know, you can't 'save' something that was sent through, once the connection is lost. So, if at 5 a.m. your unattended game was open, the event would pop up. The event is already in there. When the event goes live, if your game is open, the game should open on your device. If you haven't lost the connection, the game will probably still be open on the device when you get back. But, when the connection closes, so does the game. Then we you have the connection again, and the game opens, your event should be there.

I'm not familiar with playing with no connection, someone else might help us out here?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Judith, the storyline as I understand it appeared for those who had the 2 storylines that came in the new update. I'm not familiar with how long you've been playing. If you already have a bunch of undone storyline, you just might get the newly released one in sequence when you get there.

You will never get a pre-leaked event storyline. So, the new manager award MOTY storyline isn't event based. Of course, with a 5Star professional, if you have the MOTY storyline, you can always complete those tasks for event points. Does this help Judith?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Reminder, if you're in the middle of the night when the event starts but want to be up when it starts,
    easy.....set the alarm.

BUT, what if you don't want your housemates to know you set your alarm to get up for a game? Easy.
    Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate. Not only is the water wonderful for your skin and overall health,
    Nature will call and you'll wake up. No one else will be any the wiser.

Unless you've been doing for 3 years. Puterhead usually turns to me around 8 and says "Um, shouldn't you start tanking up? You have to be up in 6 hours. lol. (Event starts at 5 for me, I like to be up at 4, check things out here, say my morning prayers (before I hit the gbs if you know what I mean)

I'm just excited.. What item do you want most? Do you have a GB picking strategy?
    And, most important, who'll be up and waiting tomorrow?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Judith, the storyline as I understand it appeared for those who had the 2 storylines that came in the new update. I'm not familiar with how long you've been playing. If you already have a bunch of undone storyline, you just might get the newly released one in sequence when you get there.

You will never get a pre-leaked event storyline. So, the new manager award MOTY storyline isn't event based. Of course, with a 5Star professional, if you have the MOTY storyline, you can always complete those tasks for event points. Does this help Judith?

Oh, this is so helpful, ​Koko! Thank you so much! I haven't been playing that long as I do still get storylines, I'm on level 28 right now so that might why I'm not getting it just yet. I thought it was a weekend event-storyline, you know? Like the one we had to do about the wax figure, that's why I got a bit confused. Thank you very, very much!

Aaand about the gift boxes items, hmm... I really want any as the skirt, top of hairstyle but that hair is definitely calling my name! I LOVE getting new hairstyles every time so I'm definitely hoping I get it on my freebie gb and I will definitely be waking up at 4 am to start the event! <3 This gigs' events are one of my favorite ones! <3<3
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Omg I love this event! The earnable items are on point. Ever single piece. The gift box items are also stunning. I'm so excited! :)
    It's easy to get confused...us this regular storyline, or is it event based? If it is a 6 hour gig, 99%sure it is event. There was a recent storyline that started off with a 6 hour, but for the most part...6 hour means event task.

i'm in the Eastern time zone, the event starts 5 a.m. Eastern. Without knowing where you are, the event will start iFOR EVERYONE n about 8 hours and 20 minutes from the time stamp of this post.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • bfol69bfol69 Registered Users 41 Posts
    No, don't worry, I've just never thought of that. As far as I know, you can't 'save' something that was sent through, once the connection is lost. So, if at 5 a.m. your unattended game was open, the event would pop up. The event is already in there. When the event goes live, if your game is open, the game should open on your device. If you haven't lost the connection, the game will probably still be open on the device when you get back. But, when the connection closes, so does the game. Then we you have the connection again, and the game opens, your event should be there.

I'm not familiar with playing with no connection, someone else might help us out here?

You won't be able to do anything as long as you have no connection and if u have started an event before u lose connection and time runs out before u get it back, u basically lost it. I was at my parents for about a week with no wifi connection unless I happened to get into the nearest town. Then it was a case of quick, have a date before the hubby wants a divorce! I lost out on storylines that were connected to the weekend or weekday events, but not the level I was on.
    I'm sorry this happened, but thanks for the verification.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    The earnables are ! The dress is gorg, I love my bangles & bracelets, and the bows on the shoes are such a touch. I hope I win the gb skirt, it's just so different. Not too in love with the hair cause the part reminds me of my father and I cannot unsee it :D

thanks Kalinda for the spoilers and ty Glu for making the dress in a gig week
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    Paty wrote: »
    The GB outfit is inspired by Dakota Johnson @ Met Gala 2017.

04bb7f4c0c4de1bda7ea61fcd75ba377--dakota-johnson-met-gala.jpg

Wow, it looks great. I really liked everything about the dress, I can't wait to add it to my wardrobe, especially the skirt part. Thank you for sharing :)

So, if I'm not mistaken, there's 5 and a half hours left until the event starts, yes?
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
    Yes. 5 1/2 hours as of your timestamp. Excited?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    Yes. 5 1/2 hours as of your timestamp. Excited?

Very! Can't wait to earn my new goodies & experience the new storyline. Thanks, Koko! :o
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • paintingliliespaintinglilies Registered Users 36 Posts
    Ahhh, I'm excited! Thank you for the spoilers Kalinda! I will finally be able to get some of those events done that have long been unattended to. This is a good way to restock some cash after the mid-week dating craze ;)
    Ahhh it's a little less than two hours away! (I haven't been couting down at all...) Okay, yes I was! I'm just super excited and can't wait! <3
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Oooh. Gorgeous items this week. I don't usually go for short hair on my doll, but the gb hair looks really cute.
    I have no big plans this weekend so I'll be grinding and I really look forward to it. 40 min left.
    Hope you all get what you wish for.! :)
    29 minutes dolls! I was so excited, i woke up and it was 2:30. I was soooooooooo disappointed.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'ts 3:55am and I can't sleep so here I am, 5 minutes until the event! Trying to get a jumpstart because as of noon I doubt I'll have time to play for the rest of the day :(
    Oh oh oh. I forgot last night, just before bed Maria calls.....31 Stars 2000xp if appleP buys the peakock.

Maria has offered me the pea**** at least 3 times now. It's so expensive I keep putting it off but 30 k-stars is 30 k-stars. I need to just do it. I just wish it was during a VIP weekend XP

AND... the event is live! It took me 5 minutes to read back through everything :p
    Open! Good luck dolls
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    My palette only had 2 items again, yuck! No pic but

?-?-hair-?
    Top-?-?-pts

The ?s were either energy or kstars
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Opened my freebie and it had the top, earrings and hair if I'm not mistaken, I got 50 energy bolts though. :(
    I used that energy for reality shows so let's keep this going! So excited for that gold dress. <3

Good luck, everyone! And have fun! <3

Oooh! And so excited for this weekend's storyline! Sizzlin' is making me happy! :D
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    4tAGwon.png?1

All 4 items in a palette. This is how it should be all the time!
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Nice palette
    Screenshot_2017-07-28-13-06-18.jpg
    Ugh 😞
    Android
    IF you're getting in.....good morning! Event's been open for almost an hour and a half, I'm loving the prizes this week. starting thing off, I have a little smash mouth to get you up and grooving, a little something to ponder as you tap you way into very dressy clothes......

[video=youtube_share;z5OXON8vIaA]https://youtu.be/z5OXON8vIaA[/video]
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Got so excited about my free box I forgot to screenshot there was 3 of the items in the palette the top, earrings and hair. I won the Top super excited! Summer looks stunning in it!
    fARBsno.jpg
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    My pallets, just in case it's helpful to someone in choosing their boxes :D Good luck dolls :D

b6exZM.jpg

jWy31H.jpg
  • MNieuwMNieuw Registered Users 159 Posts
    Couldn't help myself - chased all the GB items. :cool:
    Daily KKH Player ~ iOS
    Level 79 (Max)