iOS Stories

HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
I just updated my app to the "August update" but nothing changed in my game. Did this happen to anyone else?
Holly
I play on iOS
#WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
Prev1345

Comments

• KimKHollyWoodAddictionKimKHollyWoodAddiction Registered Users 166 Posts
    Any clue on when androids are going to get this update
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We released a new update for iOS with bug fixes.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • KimKHollyWoodAddictionKimKHollyWoodAddiction Registered Users 166 Posts
    KalindaKing what are these posts on Instagram then of the new stories storyline? I completed the new storyline we got the other day and haven't gotten anything else.. I play on android
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Some players were randomly selected to receive a new feature called Stories. If you see it in your game, let us know what you think!

Don't worry, the team is working on new stuff for upcoming updates that everyone will see.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi moved the posts about the Bug Fix UpDate to its own thread. Sorry I don't know more.

Btw - this is an iOS only update. Sorry for the inconvenience
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Hmm, I updated but didn't see anything new in my game. But I'd love to hear from those lucky few who did receive the Stories update! Especially since Kalinda used the word "feature" and not "storyline" -- I'd really like to know what its function is! :)
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    I have been selected *throws hands in the air* I'm never selected for anything. So far I am having more fun with the game that I've had in no I cannot wait for the stories to unfold. There's a story line, it's so different from the rest. I actually got to see my doll travel in a car, I was so freaked out I forgot to even take screenshots.

I don't wanna spoil anything else, but it has been amazing, there's some 8 hour gigs I need to complete that are available instantly, so far no wait time aside from well, waiting for energy to fill up, thank you so much for that one, it's just available to play whenever and I'm loving it so.
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    I absolutely adore this development.
    Please for the love of god let us date and marry Cassio through the stories feature.

P L E A S E
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • iTeddyiTeddy Registered Users 59 Posts
    I got selected!!! I don't want to spoil anything but you can choose between 3 stories (reminded me of the game episode or choices), I chose the first one and I noticed that it said chapter one of three, right now im doing an 8 hour gig. What is diferent from other quests that I have seen, is that you can't exit the venues during the story, they are stand alone quests apart from your "normal" gameplay, but Simon said that you could level up, gain a lot of fans and even exclusive clothing.

From what I get your decisions have consequences, but i cant be sure because I just started the story.
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    egg wrote: »
    I absolutely adore this development.
    Please for the love of god let us date and marry Cassio through the stories feature.

P L E A S E

Dating and marrying Cassio is the only feature the game needs to be perfect for me XD
  • queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    Some players were randomly selected to receive a new feature called Stories. If you see it in your game, let us know what you think!

Don't worry, the team is working on new stuff for upcoming updates that everyone will see.

Ooo, I was one of the lucky players!! :o I like the stories, I started doing the 1st story. But after I started it, I went back and read on the other 2 stories about an exclusive clothing reward. I'm hoping for the 2nd story, that the exclusive clothing reward is the red dress, because I'm absolutely in love with it. Hopefully the reward for 3rd story isn't the doctor's coat because I'm not a fan of it but I'm loving the stories so far! :)
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    ...but can i say one thing.
    could you maybe not charge 25 stars to continue with the next chapter lmao.
    @krystal: yes, i've been waiting for 3 years it's time.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    Oh my god! I didn't even realize there was an update, thank you so much guys for letting us know.
    I'm also grateful to get the Stories, I'm so excited! :o
    I don't know which one I should choose but I'm choosing one anyway, wish me luck! I'm leaving partying for a while lol.
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    For those who didn't get it, often new aspects are tried out on a limited percentage of the playing population. The game itself determines who's game it hits. It's not a case of fair or unfair. You ALWAYS try things out on a test group, a smaller cross section of players. VIP was originally rolled out for a very small percentage of players, and we ALL wanted the chance. So, if you HAVE been given the Stories options, please post your experiences so glu can get a read on it's reception. :)

ETA:
    Judith - I moved your post about missing friends to the thread you started last week in FAQ. Please lets keep this thread for discussion about the test featute - Stories. Thanks.

And, when I finally took my update (between pool and grinding and here I was tahd) last night, my game was selected. (I did NOT get the origianal VIP option so it's not automatic for me). I took a few screenshots, and want to play more today.

I loved the car ride. Did anyone else think the limo had a purplish tint? but rather than the silly stuff (ie - my purple tint limo) let's try to post better impressions.

How does anyone else feel about the Cost for the chapters? Since it's upfront and tell the number of chapters you pretty much know how much the whole story will be. I'm in love with the dress, but......I have to say AppleP would just LOVE to play doctor.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Stories is such an exciting new feature! Thank you, Glu!! I'm confused about the price of 25 stars ... is this to activate each new story or do you have to pay 25 stars to activate each chapter in each story? I guess we will see but I'm hoping it's not a cost for each chapter because that seems a little steep :(
    egg wrote: »
    ...but can i say one thing.
    could you maybe not charge 25 stars to continue with the next chapter lmao.

dang, I haven't gotten this far to go to the next chapter and the 3rd story has 6 chapters, that's a big amount of k-stars to send. I don't know if trying to get the 3rd chapter in the 2nd story for the exclusive clothing is worth 50 k-stars to me, considering I don't have 50 k-stars. sigh. :(
    SugarK wrote: »
    Stories is such an exciting new feature! Thank you, Glu!! I'm confused about the price of 25 stars ... is this to activate each new story or do you have to pay 25 stars to activate each chapter in each story? I guess we will see but I'm hoping it's not a cost for each chapter because that seems a little steep :(

It's the cost for opening each chapter, after you finish one.
    Hmmm, so if we're a testing group and Glu is looking for our responses to the feature, I can write about my first impression of Stories feature. I haven't finished first chapter yet, I'm on my second gig, dining with Count Alucard in La Rue but I think I know enough to comment on a few things. As I go further in my progress, I can add another comment if my opinions change.

So, I'm gonna do a positive and negative section. Here are the positive comments:

First three stories gives us a glimpse of how it's going to be, it can be independent stories like the doctor tv show one or we can pick up where we left off with in-game characters like Count Alucard, this is gold.

The feature offers in-feature gigs, so you'll have additional 8 hour gigs in order to move further in the chapter but don't worry, rewards are satisfying. It gives much more fans than a normal gig. It's not jaw droppingly more but it's still better than a normal gig.

Since this is a feature specially designed for stories, of course you can observe the quality in it. Dialogues are better, you have variety of things to say, I think even NPCs are dressed better. I like our normal stories but since this is specially designed for it, you expect it to be more, and it is more.

Negativities:

Okay, anything that requieres us to spend k-stars makes us go like "NOOOOO!", yeah, I get it. If you don't use hack, which us here don't, you have limited amount of k-stars and if you're new to the game, if you still have a jet, businesses, houses, pets to buy, spending 25 k-stars each chapter is a bit too much because that way you actually buy the dress, it's not a reward.

If we're at liberty to say that this feature is inspired by Another app, we can say that in that app you're requiered to use key/tickets/whatever to unlock chapters as well but in that app it's easier to gain them. 25 k-stars for each chapter makes 150 for 6 chapters, ain't easy to gain. Also you have to complete 8 hour gigs. In that app, the only thing you need to have is those keys, 1 or 2 are enough to unlock chapters and the app provides you with it.

So I'm with Alucard and I'm reminded that the romance I live with him doesn't effect my normal game. Whatever happens in Stories, stays in Stories. If you have a husband you invested on, this is of course how it should be but bringing Alucard means they might bring Cassio as well and some of us want to be with him. If spending those k-stars isn't gonna give us that, then what????

Unless you have everything and have more than enough k-stars to spend, the only thing this feature gives you is drama, and if you're new to the game, just drama is a luxury you can't afford to, if you can afford, you're gonna be have to put your plans on hold but of course, it can't be easy for everyone to enjoy, right?

So conclusion, here's how it can go:
    Of course you have to give something to get something. I'm all okay for spending 25 k-stars to unlock chapters IF these things happen:
    1- gigs can be down to 3 hours because those gigs doesn't mean anything at all, if we're spending 25 k-stars we should be spared of that even if we're given 1m+ fans in return.

2- the option to lead the story should be up to us, if we want to date Cassio, we should be able to do so. In that way, we may live our romance with Alucard, Cassio, whomever but at the end we can be given two options: cheat on our husband and loose fans, of course nothing is gonna be easy, and get Cassio, or live our romance but move on. If you can arrange that I'm all in for giving 50 k-stars each chapters.

Note from koko: I removed the name of the mentioned app and replaced it with "Another" .
    We are not permitted to talk about other games, I did save your original post in its entirety.[/B]
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • sarabikkhsarabikkh Registered Users 103 Posts
    Glu please release it for everyone. We all want to play it, because we see how much fun the other players have. Imagine how we feel
    sarabikkh wrote: »
    Glu please release it for everyone. We all want to play it, because we see how much fun the other players have. Imagine how we feel

They might release it for everyone if they get enough positive feed back but there are some things, we (the players who got picked) don't like. So if they do decide to release it to all players, hopefully, there will be some changes.
  • sarabikkhsarabikkh Registered Users 103 Posts
    They might release it for everyone if they get enough positive feed back but there are some things, we (the players who got picked) don't like. So if they do decide to release it to all players, hopefully, there will be some changes.
    Yeah but I mean "release" like now. This week, not in the new update.
  • Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    Does it cost 25 k stars for the hole storyline or is it 25k stars for each chapter?
    genthea wrote: »
    The feature offers in-feature gigs, so you'll have additional 8 hour gigs in order to move further in the chapter but don't worry, rewards are satisfying. It gives much more fans than a normal gig. It's not jaw droppingly more but it's still better than a normal gig.

I'm getting around the same amount completing the gigs in the story as I would out of the story. I feel like it should be double and maybe throw in a few k-stars for completing the gigs in the story, but that's just my opinion.
    Happy15 wrote: »
    Does it cost 25 k stars for the hole storyline or is it 25k stars for each chapter?

The first chapter in every story is free, but unlocking the next chapter, and the next chapter and so on and so forth costs you 25 k-stars each time.
    sarabikkh wrote: »
    Yeah but I mean "release" like now. This week, not in the new update.

Where the story feature, just came out for those who got selected. I doubt they'll release it this soon, especially with all the negative feed back the players are leaving.
  • Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    The first chapter in every story is free, but unlocking the next chapter, and the next chapter and so on and so forth costs you 25 k-stars each time.

Ok thanks for the answer to my question
    Happy15 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the answer to my question

No problem! :)
    I'm getting around the same amount completing the gigs in the story as I would out of the story. I feel like it should be double and maybe throw in a few k-stars for completing the gigs in the story, but that's just my opinion.

I get 700k fans in a normal 8 hour gig but in Stories I get 1M+
    It'd be cool but I don't think they'll give out k-stars since they collect them but if we're giving out 25 k-stars each chapter, it'd be logical to have 3 hour gigs instead since we already make an effort by paying.
    Honestly have to agree with genthea, on everything she said.

But I'm not seeing a difference in follower gain when I complete the gigs. I also don't like they you can enter the stories anywhere but when you leave, you end back up in Hollywood, not a fan of that and the last thing I have a problem with is the k-star cost.

Now positive feed back, I love the fact that you can start another story while in the middle of another chapter on a different story. So if you're bored of the story, you're on you can just switch.

Hopefully, if the story feature becomes a permanent thing that the k-star costs goes down or goes away completely. That the follower gain raises, that you don't end back up at Hollywood every time and hopefully, more stories come along if it becomes permanent. :D
    genthea wrote: »
    I get 700k fans in a normal 8 hour gig but in Stories I get 1M+
    It'd be cool but I don't think they'll give out k-stars since they collect them but if we're giving out 25 k-stars each chapter, it'd be logical to have 3 hour gigs instead since we already make an effort by paying.

I think, I get 1.6M+ in a regular 8 hour gig but in the story, I get 700k+ so I don't know why that's a thing.

I'm saying if they didn't make us pay for the next chapter, they should give us stars as a reward for completing the gig in the story, because all you get are the followers and how ever little money and level up you get from the achievement.