Weekend Event 8/4/2017 Keep the Cameras Rolling

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I prefer Emma's look over what we actually got... *hides* I like the pink dress but honestly the combination with the tiny pink purse reminds me of something Paris Hilton would've worn in the 00's. I wish the fur scarf was longer too. Separate I think everything looks fine (except the tiny purse but I hate most of the purses in the game lol).

I still think the hair looks like our dolls were electrocuted but maybe it'll look better when you can see the curly details in a lighter color.
  • xxxnarwalsxxxxxxnarwalsxxx Registered Users 54 Posts
    What time does the event start? I always forget.
    ​Android Player
    Add on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brittany.shaw0701
    KKH: Charlotte, lvl. 30, A+List

Playing on Galaxy S8+ with Android version 7.0 (until I get a new tablet)
  • Julia88Julia88 Registered Users 123 Posts
    I love all of the earnable items, especially the hair, and the gb dress is stunning. I'm so happy that its a reality shows event, hopufully the midweek will be SYS, then it would be perfect
    I play on Android
  • AngelaLaurenAngelaLauren Registered Users 714 Posts
    What time does the event start? I always forget.

I believe it starts 5am est.
  • queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    Julia88 wrote: »
    I love all of the earnable items, especially the hair, and the gb dress is stunning. I'm so happy that its a reality shows event, hopufully the midweek will be SYS, then it would be perfect

SYS are my favorite because I finish them so easily.
  • gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    Just in time for the series premiere of Life of Kylie on E! we're having a reality event!

You were right about the silver suit. What do you think of all the items?

female_gift_box.png

Can I just say, I'm dying for that pink purse! Also the dress! I rarely open boxes after I open my free one because I'm very stingy about my k-stars but this weekend I'm going all in for that bag & dress. I hope I don't chicken out or come up empty handed. INNN LOOOVVVEE

Also, what's your strategy for reality shows? Do you do 3 hours or 8?
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    Finally decent men clothes and hair in GB and earnables, not feeling the GB stuff for the women tho but loving the earnables for the women!

Of course GLU's gonna destroy some of our chances of getting any of the GB items.
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    Just in time for the series premiere of Life of Kylie on E! we're having a reality event!

You were right about the silver suit. What do you think of all the items?

female_rewards.png

female_gift_box.png

male_rewards.png

male_gift_box.png

Ahhhh! That earnable outfit is completely gorgeous!! I love the pink gown, too it's absolutely beautiful!
    So excited to start this weekend's event! Alarm's are going to be set up tonight for sure.

Thank you so much, Kalinda and Glu for making that gorgeous outfit earnable! <3<3 I'm extremely happy! :D

Now I really want to buy either the light blue (like the banner example) or the light pink hair color so I can go all mermaid-y this weekend! I love that hairstyle so much and the whole outfit!

So, so excited! <3
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    genthea wrote: »
    Can I just say, I'm dying for that pink purse! Also the dress! I rarely open boxes after I open my free one because I'm very stingy about my k-stars but this weekend I'm going all in for that bag & dress. I hope I don't chicken out or come up empty handed. INNN LOOOVVVEE

Also, what's your strategy for reality shows? Do you do 3 hours or 8?

I personally stick to 3 hours ones because I can do at least two with a full bar of energy but I'd like to know how does the 8 hr ones work for anyone who makes them, too. Hmm, are they better? What's your strategy? :o
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Called the box outfit LOL

loving the mens suit that's earnable and the girls' earnables are just fantastic. Good luck everyone!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Finally getting to see tomorrow's spoilers and I'm loving the earnable outfit I'm not keen on the GB items tbh! The dress is okay I like the hair but not liking the bag or fur scarf. Super excited to get grinding!
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    So excited to see the outfit and that bun in the earnables! I was quite worried I'd have to chase the top & bottom of the sparkly outfit :)
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    i'd like to win the red stole.
    that's my aesthetic right there.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Earnables are amazing! And I love Emma Roberts I wish they used her clothing choices more in the game :) wink wink glu! Although they didn't quite nail the look correctly here haha!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I am so taken with all the clothes this week. And yes, I'm into that red stole too. A girl can't have too many furs. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I love the suit. I love a good power suit. I can't wait to try the hair with different colors and see how it blends. I like most of the GB items -- there is a pale pink evening gown dress that is a VIP item that I already bought so I don't know if I need to chase it. I like the stole because I'm with Koko on that one. I'm not huge on purses, so I can take it or leave it. However, the gift box hair ... I, uh, don't really understand what is happening there? I think the designers are great on the game, but this hair looks a little like the doll stuck her head out of a moving car for a few minutes. Like a young Marge Simpson, maybe.

Anyway! so happy it's a reality weekend. Happy grinding everybody!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Ew.
    Ew.
    Ew.
    Ew.
    Ew.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    Oh man, I am so thrilled with the earnables this week! I am looking forward to styling the pants and jacket separately and together! best earnable outfit in a while! I like that the earnable hair is different than anything we have-- looks fun!

I like the GB items, too, though not sure if I do enough to chase. I like that the hair looks tousled/bed head-- I love untamed curls. It reminds me of the fabulous Sigourney Weaver as Dana/Zuul in Ghostbusters:

yH7BiX0.jpg

Everly would totally cosplay Dana!

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone styles the items this week-- be sure to post pictures in the fashion thread! And thank you for the spoilers, Kalinda!

lol, I like that. I kept thinking Bride of Frankenstein without the streak

4834b08b-dc1a-45b9-9cde-aab9c5b937bf.jpg
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Julia, do you have a weekend system? Weekness for Gift boxes? I try to pace myself. But it doesn't always work. lol.
    I've just now seen your message, Koko, so far my weekend system for reality show events have been to do 3hr rs in Calabasas do lots of tapping for energy and hope my fingers won't fall off;)What's your strategy? As to GB, I may open a few boxes for the pink dress, it's lovely.
    Btw I want to buy the Dublin or Seul home, does anybody know can you do reality shows there?
    I play on Android
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Julia88 wrote: »
    I've just now seen your message, Koko, so far my weekend system for reality show events have been to do 3hr rs in Calabasas do lots of tapping for energy and hope my fingers won't fall off;)What's your strategy? As to GB, I may open a few boxes for the pink dress, it's lovely.
    Btw I want to buy the Dublin or Seul home, does anybody know can you do reality shows there?

You can't do reality shows there, only parties. As of right now, Calabasas is the only one where you can invite four people to film a reality show.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    The earnable hAIR I LOVE IT! When I saw it in the banner I thought "oh that'll never be earnable". And a reality weekend! So good.
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts

Wait hang on, is the name of Kylie's show a play on "Life of Riley" because WOW that is not a reference the target demographic is going to get
    Lii wrote: »
    You can't do reality shows there, only parties. As of right now, Calabasas is the only one where you can invite four people to film a reality show.
    Thanks for answering)) Well that's a shame, I'm getting a bit sick of Calabasas house by now
    I play on Android
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Who's ready? One minute to go....
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    judithkkh wrote: »
    I personally stick to 3 hours ones because I can do at least two with a full bar of energy but I'd like to know how does the 8 hr ones work for anyone who makes them, too. Hmm, are they better? What's your strategy? :o

Same here! I do 3 hours but I was wondering since 8 hour ones occasionally give product placement deals, would it be better? I only got an offer once but I didn't have the requiered house so I don't know if it's worth it. But I'll try doing one or two 8 hours, let's see how it goes :rolleyes:

It's here, friends. Story seems fun, I love Maria! Have fun :cool:
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • YesWeJennYesWeJenn Registered Users 102 Posts
    Brb, crying...
    IMG_1732.png
    iOS | Level 73 | A+++
    Oh my.. Sorry this happened YesWeJenn and only 2 GB items in the palette, it sucks(((
    I play on Android
    If I hadn't been a stingy coward I would've opened one more box & gotten my beautiful pink purse. It was just below the dress!

Oh no! I took the screenshot in the wrong place. I don't know why I'm sharing but...

IMG_8949.png

But I'm still thankful but this beautiful dress & bonus I'm getting from it.
    I'd also like to congratulate myself because the old me wouldn't even open a second box, and I wouldn't have got this beautiful dress.

Thanks Glu, I'm soooo happy about this weekend :o
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I'm so happy I got the pink dress in my free box! That's the only gb item I really wanted.
    But, look at my terrible palette! So glad I didn't open more! Glu, please stop doing this.
    We all know you changed the algorithm for event palettes. You are trying to prevent players from getting an event item from our free box. But, you won't encourage players who only open free box open more by seeing only two event items in a palette. You are only making players who used to open more now open less.

Now the positive feedback on the event, both male & female dolls' earnable items are nice. Yay! Short hairstyles for the guys are back! The updo hairstyle is unique. I'm glad it's an earnable. The gb pink dress is really pretty without the red fur stole. :)

IMG_8631.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Of course in my free box I opened.... the hair. LOL. I opened two more on that pallette and received kash :mad: and the stunning pink dress. I immediately changed Dixie's outfit but I just couldn't have her wear that wig.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.