Weekend Event 8/18/2017 - They turned up the Heat...Let's Party?

Comments

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    The overknee boots are S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G, but WHY ON EARTH DO YOU ALWAYS ATTACH OVERKNEES TO A BOTTOM, GLU?? :(
  • DramaDramaDramaDramaDramaDrama Registered Users 672 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    The overknee boots are S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G, but WHY ON EARTH DO YOU ALWAYS ATTACH OVERKNEES TO A BOTTOM, GLU?? :(

My thoughts exactly!!
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    scarlet_1 wrote: »
    I think its kind of wrong to say the earnable hair is "ugly", a lot of black women(or WOC) naturally have that hair type/texture that play this game can maybe make their dolls look a little bit like themselves naturally too. I'm all for glu being inclusive, I have naturally curly hair and I've never actually seen my exact kind of hair in the game, it would be a nice addition but its understandable Glu will take time to incorporate all different kinds of hair, so I'm grateful. Remember when you call something "ugly" because its different(not the typical long straight/wavy hair) you could very well be offending someone else who may look that way naturally. :)

Yeah, whenever earnable hair for the ladies comes up and is noticably ethnic the language use can be VERY problematic. Expressing that a hairstyle isn't your gig is one thing but considering that this is a hairstyle that a LOT of black women have in real life perhaps you should think twice about what you say by simply dismissing it as ugly and if you don't like it then just..... don't grind for it.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I think its kind of wrong to say the earnable hair is "ugly", a lot of black women(or WOC) naturally have that hair type/texture that play this game can maybe make their dolls look a little bit like themselves naturally too. I'm all for glu being inclusive, I have naturally curly hair and I've never actually seen my exact kind of hair in the game, it would be a nice addition but its understandable Glu will take time to incorporate all different kinds of hair, so I'm grateful. Remember when you call something "ugly" because its different(not the typical long straight/wavy hair) you could very well be offending someone else who may look that way naturally. :)

This is forever an issue when ethnic hairstyles are introduced. It's one thing to say you don't like the hair but to call it ugly I think is really offensive for some people. And then people wonder why Glu doesn't introduce more inclusive hairstyles. Manners! :)

I can never get to the earnable last box during party events anyway. The boots seem like they'd be really hot/sweaty in RL. I agree with someone who says it almost looks like the material of puffer jackets. Now that's all I can see. Puffer boots.

The blue heels are so cute. I really like the dress as well. I'd be happy getting any of the GB items!
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    My thoughts exactly!!

IKR?? I mean, we already have 2 pairs of overknee boots in our wardrobe that work perfectly fine with any type of skirt or dress. I get it, that they blocked the combination of overknees and pants, but this one comes with a skirt and I could style the heck out of those boots (and the skirt) if they came separately :(
  • Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    IMG_2868.jpg
    Wishing you good luck while we hung out in New Orleans, trying to meet some jazz musicians who want to come to some parties.
    This us you, right silk?

hey it's me !!❤️ So ready to party.. hot musician from New Orleans sound good lol
    just a question when exactly does the weekend event start?
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    It starts in about 16 hours and 42 minutes, and pardon my typo with your name Silz.

About the shorter, hair, I'm glad I didn't insult it. Ethnic or not, even if it's simply a matter of taste, there is always someone who likes something we don't. And there is always someone who doesn't like something we do.

I'll never forget, we used to tease about what we thought was the most unflattering hair. And it was in a gb, and we all got it. And we insulted it.....one day a lurker, someone with an earlier join date but no posts till this one....said, well, I hope I get it in a gb because I really like it. I wear my hair like that.

From that day, I really try to keep a lid on any insults. Plus...someone at glu designed it. so ya know.

There are only a couple of short hair styles my dolls wear. They have to be edgy, kicky, punk or attached to a great hat. Non of us would mean to insult someone, so just assume there is always someone here who likes an item...
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    Thank you for the spoilers, Kalinda! So excited to party this weekend!
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    Here´s the inspiration for the earnable outfit!

220e997be54be0ff9540e500ff5548aa.jpg
    Paty wrote: »
    Here´s the inspiration for the earnable outfit!

220e997be54be0ff9540e500ff5548aa.jpg

Thanks so much for the RL pics. I think the boots look better in the game they look like puffer jacket material how strange.
  • Stefan001Stefan001 Registered Users 453 Posts
    This is forever an issue when ethnic hairstyles are introduced. It's one thing to say you don't like the hair but to call it ugly I think is really offensive for some people. And then people wonder why Glu doesn't introduce more inclusive hairstyles. Manners! :)

26gsd_Ju_CKy_Xix_Rb_Vu.gif
    These are my thoughts exactly! You couldn't have expressed them any better than this Soundspretty

I'm in love with everything that awaits us this weekend! Will definitely be chasing everything in the earnable boxes and giftboxes :D
    Thank you Glu *happy dance*
    Android 
    K&K: Level 21
    KKH: 1+++

Hayley's FB

#firethenanny
  • gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    I read about the leaked episode but thankfully haven't seen anything about it. I remember before the season came out a hacker had stolen the script and posted some details. Nothing really groundbreaking and some of it wasn't even true anyway so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

giphy.gif

ooh, those leaks are way true. I don't know which ones you read but the ones that got leaked in 2016 are just the episodes we have, I can't believe it. I was like, "yeah, this looks like fan fiction" while reading them but they're becoming reality each epidose, it's so bad! The most watched TV series on Earth but its detailed plot was leaked a year ago. #sad
    You're right about the Party event! My favorite item is the blue heels. What's yours?

female_rewards.png

female_gift_box.png

Oooh, those blue shoes are so cute! I don't know if I'll be chasing it though. I spent so much stars on VIP weekend & featured items on this week's update lol. Earnable skirt and top looks like a dress, kinda. We have similar tops I think, it would've make more sense to mix them and let the boots be seperate. But anyways, even though I'll be participating in the event because I need to boost fans, I don't think this week's earnables are for me, my style is a little bit more cute dresses with pretty heels, or casual outfits with flats or sneakers. But I'm so happy for all of you who liked it <3 Also the hair looks crazy good with the complete outfit, as a whole it looks reaally sexy. But not the boots. Oh god, why didn't I like those boots?
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts

Thank you! I agree with you! I love naturaly hair, I am natural myself and I think the hair is gorgeous! I hope one day Glu will have your hair type next.

It is nice to see that everyone is standing up to having natural hair in the game. Thank you
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    It starts in about 16 hours and 42 minutes, and pardon my typo with your name Silz.

About the shorter, hair, I'm glad I didn't insult it. Ethnic or not, even if it's simply a matter of taste, there is always someone who likes something we don't. And there is always someone who doesn't like something we do.

I'll never forget, we used to tease about what we thought was the most unflattering hair. And it was in a gb, and we all got it. And we insulted it.....one day a lurker, someone with an earlier join date but no posts till this one....said, well, I hope I get it in a gb because I really like it. I wear my hair like that.

From that day, I really try to keep a lid on any insults. Plus...someone at glu designed it. so ya know.

There are only a couple of short hair styles my dolls wear. They have to be edgy, kicky, punk or attached to a great hat. Non of us would mean to insult someone, so just assume there is always someone here who likes an item...

Koko, I remember this too and it really struck me as well. Giving your opinions about your own preferences is one thing (I like, I don't like) but labeling something as "ugly" just because it's not to your taste can be disrespectful to those that do like the item. Our words are so important and can be so powerful, we should choose them wisely :)
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    The outfit isn't for me, Im kind of relieved because I won't have time to grind this weekend (especially parties) and now I don't need to worry about it....
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Keia wrote: »
    It is nice to see that everyone is standing up to having natural hair in the game. Thank you

Agreed! Other posters have expressed their thoughts and concerns on this matter much more eloquently than I could have, so pretend I quoted everyone in addition to Keia's comment here and wrote "seconded!" on all of them! :)

It's one thing to dislike clothing items, but a completely different beast to insult what are some people's natural features.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    So, I'm picturing the skirt/boots with the black leather jacket we got in Feb. just before the Twins froze.and maybe the wild ponytail hair. With the blue tie around it. Is it time yet? Lol. 15 hours till go time Dollies.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    You're right about the Party event! My favorite item is the blue heels. What's yours?

female_rewards.png

female_gift_box.png

male_rewards.png

male_gift_box.png

Ahhhh! Excitement!
    Thank you so much, Kalinda! I'll be partying all weekend! :rolleyes:
    Loving every single item, the dress from the GB is sooo cute! I'm crossing my fingers for any of these items in my freebie! <3
  • Anastasia_V.Anastasia_V. Registered Users 157 Posts
    Thanks for the spoilers Kalinda! I LOVE the earnable boots, just wish they were separated from the skirt.
    KKH Android player
    Level 65, A+++
  • queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    Just got a mini update but I didn't see anything new? :confused:
  • Anastasia_V.Anastasia_V. Registered Users 157 Posts
    Just got a mini update but I didn't see anything new? :confused:

That's an update for tomorrow's event. :)
    KKH Android player
    Level 65, A+++
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Short hair's typically not my thing, but Lupita Nyong'o and Danai Gurira have both rocked that exact style and made it look really glam.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Ziya SwansonZiya Swanson Registered Users 56 Posts
    I'm half black and usually wear my hair in a twist/braid-out, box braids, or weave and I usually style my dolls' hair the same, so the short earnable hair isn't really my style. However, I am so happy that Glu has been giving us earnable/purchasable ethnic hair recently. It feels good to know that Glu cares about its black players and I can't wait to see how other black players rock the earnable hair this weekend. And who knows, if Glu ever puts a black leather trench coat in the game for girls, I might embrace my nerdy side and cosplay my doll as a female Blade.
    7z5XFRz.jpg
    #ComeBackVats
    iOS player
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    I am curious on everybody strategy for the party event. So far I know that one person do an 8hr party at 10pm and finish when the event start. The Calabasas house hold 7 people and it is great for this event. And that's it...oh and tapping on everything for energy help as well.
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
    I am curious on everybody strategy for the party event. So far I know that one person do an 8hr party at 10pm and finish when the event start. The Calabasas house hold 7 people and it is great for this event. And that's it...oh and tapping on everything for energy help as well.
    That's basically all you can do, as far as I know. And I think I've heard that if you've got leftover events from a previous weekend that you didn't do, they'll pay out event points now too. But don't quote me on that. I'm not certain.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Party weekends are one of the few weekends along with the dating events that I actually do the weekend story lines since they seem to help with points. Just gotta remember that this time.

As for the items:
    The curator for the Venice Art Gallery has kind of that hair and she rocks it! Also pretty excited about the skirt with the boots, tights could make a cute winter like outfit with an oversized sweater. Love the giftbox items, would be nice to get any of them
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts

Other than that 3-hour parties at Calabasas/Dublin/Venice/Seoul are the best way to go. If you plan on opening any gift boxes do so early as the bonus points from event items will make a huge difference. And I think that's really all there is...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts

Might no be the best idea to post that on the forum... we do not want Glu to stop this great glitch for us like they did with our Narnia closet at So Chic Londen (where all we had to is go in to our closet and when we got out we were at the Beverly Hills or Paris). Please Glu, please let this be!

ETA:
    Like Kayla, I too do the weekend story lines as they give great pay out!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Who's started parting? My first one is done gone through a whole bar of energy already now I'm doing a pet energy run! Party's are a drag I wish there was a way to fill the first star like with dating, professional and reality shows.
    I never remember to take screenshots, but I got the hair in my free box and there were two other event items in the pallate as well. The earrings were the only ones missing, and they were what I wanted, but I'm still happy.