KK:H Weekend Event - 9/8/17 - Fashion Week Begins!

Comments

• ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    Oh gosh, the silver boots are really cool but I'm having a heck of a time styling them with anything in my closet. Something like this maybe? Hmm. :/

I too am finding it ultra difficult to style them with anything.
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    I just saw the new boots, I've been running around all day preparing for Irma and then scrambled to finish the dating event. Anyway, I think this jacket (I know we got it recently although I don't remember the exact event) kinda works with the boots?

WAun6QK.jpg

Im not sure, these boots are definitely difficult to style, that's for sure
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    AListJacey wrote: »
    I just saw the new boots, I've been running around all day preparing for Irma and then scrambled to finish the dating event. Anyway, I think this jacket (I know we got it recently although I don't remember the exact event) kinda works with the boots?

WAun6QK.jpg

Im not sure, these boots are definitely difficult to style, that's for sure

I love this outfit! That jacket goes pretty amazing with the boots actually <33

I created mine, too :rolleyes: I wasn't sure at first but right now I'm loving them! Haha I'm excited to keep creating looks, here's my first :o

tumblr_ovxpktsmqu1qbtwl9o1_1280.jpg

Ooo, I know, I know. I know I said I wasn't getting any more new clothes buuut those pants and this jacket are just too much for me! I loved them together as soon as I created the outfit :rolleyes:
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    I know what you mean Judith, I love that jacket! I've been restraining myself from buying it until I save up a few more K stars, but Kalinda said that this SYS weekend you can also earn a K star for 5 star gigs so I might be getting that jacket sooner than I thought!
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
    AListJacey wrote: »
    I know what you mean Judith, I love that jacket! I've been restraining myself from buying it until I save up a few more K stars, but Kalinda said that this SYS weekend you can also earn a K star for 5 star gigs so I might be getting that jacket sooner than I thought!

ooo yes! I totally forgot about that :rolleyes: ooo I don't feel as bad now! haha, will be doing a lot of reality shows all weekend for sure! :o
    Can't wait to see you wearing it <33
    I've just seen some of the hairs are 50% off!!

me too! I actually saw the 100 K-stars and now it's 50 K-stars and I'm trying so hard not to buy it because it was my very first favorite hairstyle ever! Haha but I'm going to calm down a bit :rolleyes: there are a lot of discounts on hairstyles! <3
  • CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    Call me crazy but I thought Fashion Week would be fashionable. This looks like Project Runway bottom looks where you can't decide who to send home on awfulness quotient. One looks like a craft project, the other is a Frankensteinian amalgam of dead trends. They even managed to make both hairstyles floppy and forgettable.

Also sticking by my ongoing stance that it's rude and mean to make people pay to play weekend events.

SYS should be midweek anyway since you've taken over Monday. It's the only event where you truly need four days to avoid having to wake in the middle of the night.

Easily skipping this.

Totally agree about how unfashionable everything is this time around. Project Runway reject is the ideal description. I loved so many items items from the past few months that the prizes for Fashion Week were a huge disappointment.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Thanks for the well wish Pez and good luck with Irma as well AListJacey! I had to do some running around myself today LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • gentheagenthea Registered Users 308 Posts
    Oh wow, I spent so much money lately that I almost forgot that I had to buy the boots but, I can't blame myself. Featured items are so amazing, I always appreciated old Hollywood glam & I've been getting some nice luxe goals as well. I'm so happy that Nars is on discount as well, I'll buy some new make-up before it ends! :rolleyes:

Now, I know we usually get tricky items for SYS events but that's in order to showcase our talent/taste, right? I always keep in my mind when voting that these dolls go through the same process I do. It doesn't have look perfect or have matching colors. As long as it's fun, you have my vote because it's hard to find things to combine together if you don't have a full wardrobe, just like me. :rolleyes:

The outfit on the first image was a gift and I didn't know what to do with it-- until now. I'm digging this total space diva look!
    The top of the second image is a luxe goal item I just bought an hour ago with 11 stars rewards! I just had to do something with my new top. :o
    I might play around with hairs and jewelery but I think I'll go with the second image first. Good luck to all & don't forget to post your looks here, I love seeing what everyone's doing & getting inspired. <3

thumbnails:

IMG_9612.jpg IMG_9611.jpg

edit: I'm trying out new things and finding new combinations, I might not go with these at all! I love playing with outfits, my favorite event <3333333
    Hello! I play on iOS. Feel free to add me on Facebook or game center as msdianaprince! ❤️
    genthea, I absolutely love your outfits! Seriously, they're super cute! The second one you know is my favorite one :rolleyes:
    but the first is so nice and original! <3 I love how the boots look with that outfit.

sooo discounts on makeup, too say whaat :o I'm super happy right now, I'm probably going to be buying a couple of things that I've been wanting for a long time now :rolleyes:
  • TjystsTjysts Registered Users 33 Posts
    Would-You-Splurge-10000-YSL-Fall-2017-Runway-Glitter-Crystal-Boots-Worn-by-Celine-Dion-Blac-Chyna-Cardi-B-and-Rihanna.png
  • KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    I wish they had discount on kstar during the VIP events. Anyways I decide to try the SYS event. Here are my three outfit.

Collage%202017-09-07%2022_05_45_zpsuhfo6rnl.jpg
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I'm really glad we get spoilers cause I would've been wasting an hour+ trying to design something around these boots otherwise lol

Also, I really appreciate the Kstars for the gigs. Spending to play the weekend event is a bit bitter, but it helps when we get something back, esp on a SYS event when there isn't always much else to do but sit and wait. I do hope I get the gb dress, I feel like we've had several of those flowy flowery dresses in gbs and I've missed out on each and every one.

Good luck to those in Irma's path! Stay safe!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    Question do you guys let the timer run or buy the results to get to the end of the event?
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
    I keep an alarm and let the timer run out. I save my Kstars unless I totally need them at the end to help.
    IOS

• Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    I keep an alarm and let the timer run out. I save my Kstars unless I totally need them at the end to help.

thanks sounds good I'll do that too then
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Well I'm ready!! Who is up too?
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Yesss we are getting event points for inviting friends to gigs!!! Thank you Glu for adding this!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Yesss we are getting event points for inviting friends to gigs!!! Thank you Glu for adding this!

4 for each guest on reality shows in Calabasas! *toots horn*
    IOS

KaylaJ wrote: »
    4 for each guest on reality shows in Calabasas! *toots horn*
    WOOHOO!!!

giphy.gif
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Thane points for weekend items is great. Downside I spend way too much *9on gbs, my palettes used to have 3 or 4 items, now, 3 is huge. But, it's a game. So....hit the ground running. I can't win, the NARS I bought last week? Half price. Off to look for more sale items. Happy voting dolls.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Here's my first look...

IMG_0312.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Vats wrote: »

Glitz and Glam they said... Not feeling it!

Have to buy and style brown shoes is truly a nightmare to me. I feel I'm being grounded..

Oh dear Vats, when I saw the brown shoes the very first thing I thought was "Vats is going to hate those!" LOL
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I hadn't looked at this thread when I created my first look so I chuckled when I saw that I wasn't the only one who went with that jacket. The boots are really hard to style but I do like them. I actually kinda like that the boots are a challenge to style as it makes SYS a real competition.

Can anyone post what's on sale? I don't have anything on sale but I don't know if it's because I already own it or I have a glitch.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I hadn't looked at this thread when I created my first look so I chuckled when I saw that I wasn't the only one who went with that jacket. The boots are really hard to style but I do like them. I actually kinda like that the boots are a challenge to style as it makes SYS a real competition.

I had not looked in the thread either, Holly, to see how everyone is styling, so my first entry is one I see very often...

IMG_8149.jpg
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    It's still very arduous, even with bonus points. *wink if it was too easy, they'd have to tune it up. *Clears throat, right dolls?

it's,the Gbs that have been turned up. I can't remember the last time I saw 4 items in a palette. I used to spend 240 per game on gbs, and walked away with 3 or 4 items. Now it's nearly twice that for the lesser results.
    ;(

but, I love those boots for 25 Stars, I'm just kicking myself over the NARS. I was already done for the VIP event last week, got the last prize and later went back in JUST for the eyes even though it added no event game value to me. .Oh well. Unfortunately, there is one hairstyle on sale in my games. I must have the rest. Lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    ]Like everyone else I almost went with the jacket we earned recently but I'm always hesitant about using recent items. But it works so well! After scourging my closet for about an hour trying on different looks (seriously) here's what I came up with:

bLhC3g8.jpg.

Anyone else already spotting the cheaters in the game with all the earnables already?
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    What a fun event! I love that we get extra points and stars when we do gigs :)

I just won my first round and reached the free box. Got the dress in it box, yay! The hair is also cute, but I'm too broke to chase anything :D
    I did not win round 1 so I went for drastically different hair and makeup plus the "look ma, no pants!" bottoms. I think she looks cool even though it's not a typical Dixie look.

IMG_0314.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    I finally discovered the NARS makeup sale. Much like Koko, I just bought a NARS item last weekend. Bangs head against wall.
    I splurged for the gorgeous deep red NARS lips.

What else is on sale?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Suddenly SYS became our favorite type of event, doesn't it? lol

And I complained earlier this week that the update didn't bring any improvements, I was so wrong!

Yeah men's fashion is still weak, but now that we can grind for the prizes (and stars) instead of losing sleep SYS finally found it's way to be a doable kind of event. Thanks Glu!

When the event started I thought it was worth a shot on the earnable jacket, then I bought the shoes (it's a clever choice to turn brown into pink, right Holly?!), said to myself that once I reached the jacket wouldn't go ahead, since I don't have any interesting on the hair.

Got so excited when I saw my guests droping event points. Reached the free box and asked to my sister who was around to pick a box to me (girl is super lucky), the palette was awful, but her lucky thin a$$ manage to pick the denim jacket.

Guests started to rain event points! I'm in heaven! There's no way of not finishing this event...Today! Ta-da!

I must say that even you saying that is hard to style the boots, I think that the girls who are popping up in my vote screen are doing a good job this time, what is kinda unusual on SYS.

The only familiar face I saw for now was Stardust's Xime. Of course I voted for her!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!