Options

How do you feel about SYS Events?

Let's talk about Show Your Style events.

Remember when they first started, we actually hated them? They've taken some turns, and become modified. So, what are your feelings about the SYS events now? Pros & Cons?

What about the required items? Would you like to see other apparel items ?
Do you prefer items from the closet, or how would you feel about brand new items we've never seen before?
Would that be more interesting to you?

I know I like the events when there are gift boxes involved. (this past event's glitch not withstanding) I like the opportunity to earn more points at the end of the round when I have the bonus items. When it is the straight 5 points to enter, and 10 or 20 at the end of 4 hours it's too grueling. Even for someone who sleeps short periods of time frequently, it's very stressful to try and be there every 4 hours for your submission. In addition to the GB items, If there was a way to work to shorten the time that would be good for some players. If not, and they give us GBs to buy for more points, that's awesome too.

So far, I can't think of any buy in item that really bothered me. We had a few for cash I think? I liked that, THen offering the sale price on the item is great. This weekend, even if I didn't want to participate, I would have bought those boots for 25 Stars. But i can remember, before i bought stars that suddenly having to plunk down 30 Stars would have crippled my games.

I guess in a nutshell, I'm asking you all for your opinions of the Show Your Style Events, past and future.
Keep in mind that Glu is geared to making the game the best it can be. They depend on feedback on forums, and reviews in the App Store when mapping out the turns the game take
s in the future. So, what do you think?
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Ok, I'm gonna be honest... Facebook players are the only ones who don't get the SYS event. Kalinda has said multiple times that this happens due to technical difficulties, and I'm completely Ok with it. But, it would be nice if every time you guys get the event, Glu would show up in our platform and be like "Hey, you don't get the event. Here's 10 k-stars in return!!"... That would be nice....
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Thanks for starting this, Koko!

Let us know which type of items you'd like to style - clothes vs. shoes vs. accessories etc.

All of your input is always appreciated! :)
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    If it's true that we'll have one every September weekend, the rest of the items should cost kash, if they have to cost anything. Or have the rest where you can just submit outfits without having to use a specific item you don't already own. It's too many k-stars if you always have to buy an item. I end up paying for items I don't even want that much just because I want one of the earnables or hope to get a good item from the free gift box. It would also be nice, that if you do have to buy items, you get items to style that aren't always shoes. The last three items I remember getting are all shoes.
    Platform: Android

• Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Kash items are the most ideal for players but I don't mind using k-stars to purchase the required item as long as it's reasonable. I think 25 k-stars or less is a nice buy-in price but I know we've had some events where it's been a bit more than that. It was nice this past weekend where we could earn them back doing gigs though. I know I didn't do 25 gigs to make up for the boots but even just making half that back made me feel better about spending them in the first place.

For the required item, it doesn't matter to me either way if it's something already in our closet or not but I don't own a lot of k-star items in the closet to begin with. I might feel differently had I bought something at full price and then it's half off during a SYS event a month later. I do like receiving a discount when we purchase for the event. I definitely would not have paid 50 k-stars for those boots.

The bonus points are nice because it's less pressure. If you lose some rounds you're not panicking that you won't be able to finish. Especially if I'm paying k-stars to play the event, I want to finish!
  • Options
    KeiaKeia Registered Users 423 Posts
    This is actual a little funny to me because everyone love dating event where I really don't care for it. And everyone seem like they don't like SYS much where as I do. The dating event drive me crazy where I have to date then do a gig then date and do a gig and so on just to make sure I don't go broke and I only end up with an hour date therefore I dislike dating events.

For the SYS, it was my first time doing it and I enjoy it I actual finish like a day early and had two wining outfit so I just rotate them around, I didn't lose sleep or stay up all night to submit another outfit. I actual enjoy it and thought it was fun. I did had an idea to speed up the result time as well like we can vote so many time to reduce the time until our result. I was also bummed that that they took away the extra points for inviting people to a gig.

Lastly I know this is also out of topic but I don't use my VIP contact so I wondering during VIP event that everytime we hang out with them and earn 5 stars rating that we could get some extra kstar for it or like an extra point towards the event or something.
    KKH Android player
    Level 29
    Rank A+
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I rather SYS happening during weekdays than on weekends.

I'm ok with most of the points to come through other players votes, but it's a must be able to pick extra points from gigs/reality shows guests in order to don't disturb our sleep.

I don't mind to pay a fair amout of k-stars (25 is doable IMO) to be able to participate if I feel the prizes are worth. Paying on kash sometimes is a welcome change.

Extra bonus points should be guaranteed once we have one or more event items, including those from the GBs if they are in offer.

Don't think that receive k-stars by 5-rated task is mandatory as on VIP events, but it's a generous act.

The only kind of item that doesn't make sense try to style is hair, so they should avoid to offer those as the key item of the SYS.

Lately the offered item makes up a set with the rewarded outfits. This is a great concept and should stick around.

That's it, thanks for listening.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    I actually LOVE SYS events! When I started playing I wasn't all about them to be quite honest with you but it was mainly because I wasn't paying too much attention to them :rolleyes: now, the more I play them, the more I love them! <3 And the more I've learned that alarms are your best friend during these kind of events, haha. I think that giving us a chance to style a specific item is a nice challenge and to get earnables and the chance of getting new items on our GB is also a nice little present! <3

I do agree that Kash items would be a lot better, especially for players that do not have/are saving K-stars but I like when they give us K-star items for a really nice and reasonable price like last time.

Not gonna lie, I would be super happy to have a SYS event every weekend! <3

and about the items hmm shoes are actually a pretty good item to style! accesories would be nice, my first one was the one where we had to buy a camera for 15 K-stars if I'm not mistaken and I loved it! <3

thank you for the thread, Koko! such a great idea! :o
    and thank you, Kalinda and Glu for always being there to listen to us!
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    SYS is a great kind of event if you have the possibility to play 24/7 or at least every 4 hours in the daytime.

In other words, SYS is the worst kind of event when you have a full time job.

The SYS event gigs have been an improvement, but it doesn't make up for the fact that you need to pay K-stars AND play very regularly to finish the event.

I hate SYS.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I rather SYS happening during weekdays than on weekends.

To piggyback on this - I like that SYS gives you a break. It's more work than VIP but a lot less work than a gig/dating/party event. It would be nice to have VIP and SYS spread out whether they fall on weekend or weekdays so that we don't have constant back to back "working" events and can take a breather once in awhile. But along those same lines having the two events back to back as weekend events makes gameplay boring. I barely opened my game the past two weekends.
  • Options
    PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    Most of my post will be seconding what others have already said. Sorry for the length.

I find SYS to be super stressful. Feeling anxious enough to wake up at night to enter more rounds means the event is very little fun for me. I realize I could spend K-stars to accelerate rounds during the daytime to make up for this, but I really don't like to do that, especially when the styling item also costs K-stars instead of cash.

I think having the styling item cost K-stars instead of cash is an okay "sometimes-thing". I would prefer it not cost more than 25-30 K-stars, and to mix it up by having cash styling items sometimes as well, as I'd like to see newer players as well as players low on K-stars be able to participate.

I do like receiving new items to style instead of using items already in the closet, because hey, new items. But it's also a great feeling when you already own the closet item and don't need to pay anything extra that week to enter the event, haha.

Two things that would reduce the difficulty of completing the event that I fully support:
    (1) Receiving bonus points upon entering and completing rounds based on how many event items you already own (e.g. +2 once you earn one item, +4 once you earn the second, etc.) This idea was already in place this past weekend, and I think several times before that as well, and I appreciate it.
    (2) Receiving bonus points from guests at gigs, like how we briefly had it this past weekend. Even if it's just +1 point per guest regardless of how many items we already own, it'd be incredibly helpful.

I like mixing up the types of items we have to style. So many dolls in the voting booth hide shoes under gowns and earrings under hair, so I like when we rotate past these items to others that force themselves front-and-center, like dresses and jackets.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• Options
    AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    My internet connection is super spotty, I haven't even been on to play at all today (thanks Irma) so I'm just gonna give my quick 2 cents:

First of all, I LOVE SYS events! They're by far my fave. I see some people complaining of the difficulty, but to be honest, I find them to be almost too easy. For the last SYS event, I finished with over a day to spare, and that was before I did the "A Modern Guide to Love" storyline for the extra bonus points. I am generally super relaxed about the SYS events. I don't set alarms or check every 4 hours, I just remember when I remember and submit my look when I do. I'm not entirely sure about other people saying they have to set alarms to keep submitting, because I have never done that and I always finish with plenty of time to spare, even without bonus storyline points. When it comes to other events, I really have to grind to get to the last box, but with SYS events I can generally take it easy and still reach that last box on time.

My suggestions / general thoughts are:

•A "tie" button. Sometimes the two opposing outfits are equally fabulous (or equally bad). A tie button that gives either no points to either contestant, or a point to both, would keep it more fair as people won't be forced to vote wildly and randomly when a choice isn't apparent.
    • For the styling, I do agree that shoes are great, but I would also love to see more purses, jewelry, & accessories. I personally find it best that the styling item is something relatively small, like an accessory, as opposed to say, a ball gown dress which would leave very little room for any creativity or room to show our individual style.
    • I do love the sale on the styling items as well. Personally, I would never have bought the last event's boots, so spending even 25 K stars was a little painful, but at least the extra bonus star per 5 star gig helped ease the pain a little. For items that may be ... not best sellers on their own, like sparkly silver boots that don't go with anything else in the closet, it'd be a lot more fair to have users pay kash. I know I personally will never use the silver boots again, but I had to buy them in order to participate, so I wish I had only paid kash for them instead of precious K stars. I would gladly pay K stars for items that could be of better use, like items in neutral tones or that could go more easily with other outfits. Also, there's not that many purse or accessory options, but KKH has plenty of shoes already, so I'd love for more purse / accessory items as the initial styling item in the future.

Abyway, again, I love SYS events and get so excited when we have them. The fashion / styling aspect of the game is one of the main reasons I play, so getting to show off my fashion and creativity to other users is super fun. I don't know if I've just been extremely lucky so far, but I've never lost a SYS round, so it's super fun that other users like my fashion as well! As long as we aren't spending an arm and a leg to participate, I hope we have plenty more SYS events in the future :-)
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • Options
    ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I love SYS events as long as they are at the weekend and not weekday. I leave the house for work at 7:30am every morning and don't get home until 6pm so checking in every 4 hours during the week is impossible so it's incredibly unlikely that I will take part. Plus I'm not going to spend stars just to take part in something where the only rewards I can get to a black boxes that contain kash and energy.

I like the fact that some of the recent events have used kash items. If it's kash then I'll always take part, if it's stars then I'll decide whether or not I like the item or the prizes enough to take part. During the week this is always a no, but at the weekend it's more often than not a yes.

In terms of items I prefer shoes or accessories as that gives people a lot more freedom to style them and it's fun to see what people do. A clothing item is much more restrictive and gives people fewer options.
    ****I play on ios****
  • Options
    Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    I love SYS events cause you don't really have to be constantly on your phone , results are every 4 hr so that's a nice time frame to relax well this weekend it was giving a star for gig so I actually was glued to the game for that reason but if they didn't offer the star for every 5-star gig I probably would of enter the game every 3-4 hours just to submit my look collect rewards and vote here and there. I did loved that this past week we were able to collect rewards from ppl that we invite to the show so I think that should come back. Also I had never really lost a round , is that when you only get that 10 points instead of 20? If so it happened to me once only but that's because I didn't wear the earnable necklace after I collected it.. I make sure I always wear the earnable on the looks I submit I think that helps ( I might be wrong but so far it worked for me). I don't mind the 25 kstar for the first item since I'm always kash broke, and if I have to purchase with real money I prefers purchasing a star pack more than a kash pack. Also I usually only speed the voting result a couple time just to get ahead but that's when it reads like 5 kstar so time still went mostly by. I just think SYS is the easiest event and less stressful one
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Hmm...where do I even start? I just seem to have a love/hate relationship with SYS events overall.

First, let me start off by saying this. There are some pros and cons with these SYS events overall:

Pros:

▪I love the fact that it's a different refreshing approach to most of the grinding events in particular. I can take a break from playing on my devices and submit my dolls outfits every 4 hrs.

• I loved when the required item costed cash in order to participate. I actually miss it so much as a temporary solution so please bring back that feature permanently glu.

Cons:

◇ I just wish that the waiting time to submit my dolls looks was shortened actually. It should be at least 1-2 hrs to resubmit my dolls entries. Or maybe the immediate results can be instantaneous though.

◆ I maybe in the minority of all of this but I personally don't like glu usually puts the required item to cost Kstars in order to participate for the SYS quite oftentimes. I just find it to be extremely unfair to me in my own opinion.

Because sometimes I may not have the Kstars to be spending at that moment or I'm just not willing to spend mines at all since I luv to be hoarding onto my kstars overall.

Well that was my input and this is what I have all for now. I'm hoping to see some improvements and adjustments implemented to SYS in general.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I love SYS events, but would rather have it during a Midweek event instead of Weekend event.

Spending Kash for the required item would be the most ideal but I don't mind spending K-stars as long as it's reasonable priced. I would spend max 25 K-stars on the item. The bonus K-star for 5-star gigs is then a great addition so we can earn some K-stars back. Plus it is an incentive to keep playing. Otherwise I would just drop in every four hours, submit, vote and leave the game again.

I really loved themed SYS events, like the SYS Halloween event we had last year. So you could do a Gala, summer, fall, winter inspired event.

I would like to see the black and gold boxes being removed and replaced with a Throwback box. Then three new items in boxes 2, 3 and 4.

It would be great to earn event points. I thought it was great that Glu introduced it last week, but sadly it did not work the way day hoped as it started raining event points. But what about receiving one event point after finishing a gig, that would be helpful.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I loved when clothes were included and we got points for them. In this case, since they are old clothes, I'm not getting points for having the prizes. But if players who 'earn' the clothes end up getting points for them, I'll cry. But I think after last week, every single point will be hard earned.'

Last week didn't work because of an error. But to go back to the one that is harmful to your health, where you can gain at most 25 points every 4 hours, I honestly don't see finishing it in my future.

Last week you tried to make it less torturous. It didn't work, it favored the player. That doesn't mean go back to the awful model. Try try again.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I've always liked SYS even though there have been experiments that made me cranky.

I wanted to make a comment today because we are doing a SYS where the item is a very versatile hairstyle. I've enjoyed this a lot. It's challenging as both a competitior and a judge. When the item is very specific, such as sparkly boots or a tourist camera, our styling options are limited and judging is more rote. With a versatile hairstyle like today, a doll could be styled in anything from a bathing suit to a formal gown. We have to really look at the two outfits. It's challenging and fun.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    ellie.kkhellie.kkh Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 10 Posts
    SYS is kind of hit or miss for me, sometimes I deem it worth it and sometimes I don't. It works just fine and the format is nice, however I'll second what has been said that it's better as a midweek than weekend because of time.

However, my biggest complaint with SYS is that I think it's pretty unfair. I've always won pretty much every entry, but I've played since the start and have tons of k-star items and event stuff, and I feel like people who are just starting out are severely disadvantaged and it results in the players who already have event items to get more and ones that don't to miss out. Then again I don't know if this is the case because SYS wasn't around when I was more of a "fresh" player or whatever you want to call it, but I would imagine so and that leaves a slightly sour taste. In conclusion, I much prefer earner events, where everyone has the same chance.
    friends are like balloons. if you stab them, they die.
    hi! I'm ellie. let's be friends.

daily kkh player on iOS, doll's name is lola ross.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    It's true that it's not as easy to put together winning outfits, someone did that math, and even if you lost every round you would still be able to complete the event. Plus, you may have noticed that the computer has been putting similar looks together for voting. More often than not, the basic dolls were matched with more basic dolls, but the dolls that pull out all the stops were paired with like dolls. Of course this is just my opinion.

I really think last week's attempt to give us bonus points was on the right track, but obviously it has to be a more fair distribution of points. And we shouldn't be finishing in an hour or so.. Balance it out and it would be percect.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Cheryl VCheryl V Registered Users 36 Posts
    PC doesn't get to participate. :(
    PC Platform
  • Options
    Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    I would love SYS events if half of the time the item to participate costed money instead of 99.9% of the time the times costing K stars.
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I know I already replied to this thread but I can not stress how much I hate SYS events.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I love the set up of earning TB items! Happy to see another TB SYS & bonus Kstars coming!
    I like to have a good TB hairstyle as a required item. That gives us so much freedom to style. The dress will be the most difficult required item to style and to vote. Can we have a tie button, & reduce waiting time or bonus event points when we vote, please?
    That will also encourage players to vote more. Maybe the results can be more fair?
    I'm sorry to see some players do not like SYS. If Glu could come up with some sort of bonus point system for midweek SYS, that would reduce some stress for the event happening during weekdays.
    I had so much fun voting last week because there were so many possibilities as the hair was the required item. There were so many good styles. I voted so much and saw so many forum dolls in the voting booth.
    Do we only get to see the same platform dolls in the photo booth? Or it's because they are on my friend list so it's easier for me to spot my iOS friends?

Not a fan of the guy's items both weeks but appreciate the opportunity to earn more TB boxes!
    Last week, both of my dolls got a TB item from the black box that reminds me of the good old time when we earned 4 TB boxes.
    Glu, you are on the right track, keep the fun coming, thanks! :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    I don't mind SYS events for the most part.
    However, I don't like the fact I have to be glued to my phone to make sure I complete them. Also sometimes the earnables aren't that great.
    And also when there's an outfit everyone suddenly starts copying, but that's not really a problem with the feature but with the players.

But I do like this new thing where they basically give you past items as prizes, and if you already have them in your wardrobe, they turn into tb boxes.
    I'd pick a SYS event over a dating one any day, tbh.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade