Options

iOS Stories

1235Next

Comments

• Options
    sarabikkhsarabikkh Registered Users 103 Posts
    @Kalinda, why didn't we got the Stories. I thought they were good to go.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    If we can please stop calling oout glu personnel by name. I'd consider it a personal favor.

And, I'm sure when glu has the next version of Stories reafy to go, they'll release it, please try to have patience. My Androids are dying to have them. But i want it when it's ready. Hopefully without paying 25stars for a chapter. That's the first thing I checked, after the purple Kardasharossa. No such luck. So hang in there, and know we'll all be playing stories as soon as possible. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    crsalgadocrsalgado Registered Users 11 Posts
    I dont have stories or rapid refill. 😩😫😩😫😩

Some players were randomly selected to receive a new feature called Stories. If you see it in your game, let us know what you think!

Don't worry, the team is working on new stuff for upcoming updates that everyone will see.
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    A heads up for everyone with the stories feature: there is a new chapter (I didn't get any popup in game so I was really confused, I might have just missed it though?)
    When you get to the auction definitely outbid the other person, it's 5000 Kash, and if you can spare that you get a tiny reward in return :)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Thanks Lii. I'm off to do Stories now.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip Lii. I'll remember to do that. For the reward, was it just event points?

Do you mean at the Auction? I got 3 KStars after bidding successfully. For the entire chapter it says it will give 60 event points.
  • Options
    ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    Do you mean at the Auction? I got 3 KStars after bidding successfully. For the entire chapter it says it will give 60 event points.

Yeah I meant after the auction. I noticed if you complete the last chapter you'll receive 60 points but i've already finished the event
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I want the regular weekend event storyline gigs back!
    I didn't do chapter 3 of "Modern Guide of Love" last weekend so I did it this weekend but didn't get event points after both 8 hr gigs, only got 60 event points in the end. I have to catch up with this week's chapter 4 otherwise it will happen again next week. I would rather have weekend event storyline back and save the Story feature gigs whenever I want to do them.

Thanks Lii for the heads up. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    I want the regular weekend event storyline gigs back!
    I didn't do chapter 3 of "Modern Guide of Love" last weekend so I did it this weekend but didn't get event points after both 8 hr gigs, only got 60 event points in the end. I have to catch up with this week's chapter 4 otherwise it will happen again next week. I would rather have weekend event storyline back and save the Story feature gigs whenever I want to do them.

Thanks Lii for the heads up. :)

I agree! Don't get me wrong, I love stories, but I really don't like that they take the place of the regular weekend storylines. I want the regular ones back!
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    AListJacey wrote: »
    I agree! Don't get me wrong, I love stories, but I really don't like that they take the place of the regular weekend storylines. I want the regular ones back!

Me too. Plus, I didn't even get any event points! As promised by Simon, for whatever that's worth. Since I got a bunch of blue event stars...and for what event was that??! Not this one! It's orange, black, and white clappers. Sorry, but, you know, Kalinda, this isn't the first time you've intentionally mislead players. Not cool. One time you posted that there would be no weekday event, and one verrrry upset doll, among others, came into the forum on a Thursday, the last day of that "no weekday event" event, obvs, and was very unhappy to say the least, that she'd missed the event because you'd purposely...ahem...done that. On what planet is this funny?
  • Options
    I actually prefer the stories weekend event gigs to the regular ones. I prefer waiting until Saturday and then being able to start the gigs whenever it suits me without having to wait on timers or keep an eye on timers between gigs. If for example I only have time on Sunday, I can do both gigs sunday without an issue. With the timer in between gigs that's not an option with the regular event gigs.

I also didn't do the gigs last weekend, and just caught up with them during the week. I still got to experience the full story (just no bonus points) which I appreciated as opposed to the weird silent weekend gigs without any speech bubbles when you can't finish them during the event...

Plus I think the storyline is much better than the sometimes very hastily done weekend lines. There is also more possibility since it is one continuous story as opposed to storylines that have to be finished in three gigs.

Edited to add: It's funny though, because other than that I don't really enjoy the stories feature...
  • Options
    Glu definitely changed things this weekend. When doing the 8hr gigs in Story, my first gold star was not filled, so I had to waste over 100 energy bolts to finish one 8hr gig and didn't get the event points for both 8hr gigs. :mad: Thank goodness it's a reality show event. I want the regular weekend storyline back!!! :(

Edit to add: I like the Story feature. I just don't want to shell out over 200 energy bolts during weekend event just to get 60 event points. I would rather take my time to enjoy it when I have no storyline gigs to do. Maybe Glu can give us both options so that players can choose the way we prefer?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    I think for me, the biggest issue with the stories replacing weekend storylines, is the waiting 24 hours to start. Because of that, there were multiple times I just straight up forgot to do the story because I got too concentrated on the dating / reality / parties whatever for the event. I understand why they have the 24 hours, so that people with stories aren't way ahead of the people with regular weekend events, but I think a simple fix would be to get rid of the 24 hour countdown timer and just have it unlock on the Saturday. Simon would call us when it's actually unlocked, instead of having Simon call us 24 hours in advance, which lets us easily forget about it by the next day. The second I see that 24 hour countdown timer, I get frustrated and just dive into the event, making what is supposed to be the cool new feature practically the last of my priorities.
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • Options
    SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Hi! I'm new to the forum (not the game) and I noticed talk on stories? I'm an android player but I feel like I've missed this... Where can I start a story?
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    Stories is a new feature bring tried out on iOS only. This thread is only for feedback on stories. But Welcome to the forum,
    3026262az2tf6f8bq.gif
    we have an Introduce yourselves thread in the sticky section above. I would suggest if you're not sure about something or feel you missed something, check out the beginning of the thread and see if that explains it. Most threads in this section are open, sometimes we'll ask for your feelings on something in the game, in that case, we ask for reaction by those who are experiencing it.

again welcome. Why not visit the current event thread? It should usually be the link in my signature. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I love the Stories, but I don't like them entirely replacing a weekend event storyline. Up till now, the last few weeks, this ran alongside event storylines. I would love to keep it that way. And as Angeline, I think it was, mentioned, the 24hr wait to start is kind of annoying. But I can live with that. Replacing the storylines in an effort to direct dolls to those they have to pay for...I don't think that's working. I started another story since I have to wait till next week to continue with "Modern Guide..."; and it's one I'm really loving, but no; I'm not paying to continue it. As a player who can spend upwards of $300/week--yes, you read that right; one who pays for a VIP membership; buys K-stars whenever she pleases and buys everything she wants; has gift box issues, opening weekend event gift boxes over and over even after I have all the items--I just plain like opening them; spending stars to open the two additional daily GBs; buying every SMC and KP with flat out irl cash; no. I'm not paying for storylines too. I throw stupid amounts of money at this game. Yes, because I can. And I have to say, about six months ago I started mini hoarding new update storylines, because it got too boring doing the side gigs all the time. I like them fine. Well, to a degree. They offer a decent variety of things to choose from; you get to go to, and utilize, different parts of the game that aren't particularly usual in the the sum total of the game proper, but yeah. Got bored. When I saw the new Stories addition, I was sooo happy! I loved it, the idea, though several such games already exist, this has a bit of a different twist, which is good. But those other games--the descriptions; the reviews; the stupid money and tickets required to play them, uh...no. Too much, too many, it's all just just so off-putting, they're unacceptable to me. I wasn't going to "buy" in, especially in that they lack depth, i.e.; can't beat KKH by a long shot, for example, the artwork blows, it all just looks like newspaper comic strips; KKH is grad school. Those games are kindergarten. You can't play such an exquisite game as KKH and then low ball yourself to all that is inferior; to games that consist of nothing but exactly what they are, lacking in creativity and in-depth thought, ideas, and goals...and nothing more. We'll call KKH "the Gold Standard" here. And just like my constant hard pass on xxx vet, which I no longer even entertain by spending--wasting--my time and effort on checking it out; no matter how many times I immersed myself in discovery of every aspect of what that game's, as well as other similar, about, I always concluded, "Nah." I wasn't the least bit interested in the mechanics and inferiority. I was not even a teeny bit impressed. And it's just irritating how those games constantly have their hand out. Next! Here, I still won't buy the gym. It's the only thing whatsoever that I don't own in the game, but it's the principle of the thing. It just makes bad sense; all-around bad sense. Every VIP event I think I might buy it, I go over the specs again and again, and always come to the same conclusion: hard pass. It's too bad, I really would like to have it. Anyway, back on topic...I do love the Stories. I love the way you've done them. They're SO different within KKH, from what KKH is in and of itself. They're fun; well done; they're even exciting. Yes! I want to do all of them. But alongside regular event storylines and with event points earned from doing so. But I will not throw even more money at the game. I already spend crazy enough. The line must be drawn somewhere. Only once did I pay stars to continue a story, because I wanted to see, just simply wanted to try that out. Yes, more Stories, pleeze, but I'm not going to pay for them. Very happy with them being part of weekend events--part of them, the whole grand scheme of things, but no. I will not pay to continue them. No matter how much--and the story I'm doing now, I absolutely want to continue it, and continue it now, but I can't. I won't.
  • Options
    SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Thank you! And for the explanation, will check it out (:
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Has Glu activated stories for all iOS players yet or is it still that limited amount? Cause it seems like everyone on here has them lol
  • Options
    I like having Stories chapters alongside weekend-event storylines. I dunno, somehow it's just more fun that way. Though I do very much like that there's Stories you can do whenever you want, too. So a big YES for having that cake and being able to eat it too. Looking forward to weekend events is, even at its basest level, exciting. So I like looking forward to the weekend Story chapters too. It's more special that way (and we can never have enough special in the game--special is always, always good), having a story where each installment is a week later. I also super appreciate getting weekend event points completing the week's chapter (though that was kind of messed up this past week). You also get more fans upon completion, just like with any KKH gig--but it's a million per, I think...? I don't remember exactly, but I have screenshots; just too lazy-tired to look right now. I also like the way it's being done, in that we don't have to pay a K-star "fee" in order to move on; it's event-related, and so adds more to event love. So in comparison with the Stories where you do have to pay, that's special too. I started a story I'm really liking a lot; and I do want to continue on with it, I just don't want to pay 25 stars in order to move on. As I've already mentioned, I let this game bleed me enough, I do have my limits. Yes, there's a clothing "award"--in some of the Stories--the non-event-related, pay-per-chapter ones--but ultimately the cost is too high for what's offered; I'm not interested in my doll having a doctor's outfit, and the red dress is just ok. It's a nice gown, but we have way more gorgeous things than that already, and can buy them in the wardrobe; hope for six months that we get a Partnership, which once completed gives us a great, special item; event-earn and/or pay for event GBs; buy for real cash SMCs. It's nothing special (and I mean no offense whatsoever), it's a "trophy." I saw a doll wearing it in SYS; it's not really something I'd be moved to buy in the wardrobe. Again, it's a trophy; and as much as I buy, buy, buy, I'd like to see something a bit more different; exciting; special. Next: Also, I always love whenever in the game we get "zapped" places, and there's plenty of zapping here! We're in an office--boom! In a limo! Zap! In a restaurant! Wham! On a plane! One of my fave features in the game as a whole, and it happens in Stories often. Verrrry often. It's totally unexpected and wholly and completely fun. Anyway. If the star buy-in was less, clothing item included, maybe, maybe I would pay. Not sure. If the item was spectacular--and "spectacular" can mean many different things here--I might remember to rationalize the entire cost, totaling chapter-by-chapter price, against that item, and pay the 25 stars. But I won't do it to earn a lab coat and stethoscope. (One of my Barbie dolls was a Dr. Barbie. I didn't much like her either.) Good to note is that once a certain number of chapters are completed, depending on which Story, the set-star-value is met, so you don't have to wait till the end of the whole Story to get the item. (Which is smart; it's good incentive.) You don't necessarily have to go through the entire rigmarole to "earn" it; again, depending on which Story you're doing. So you get your chapters plus clothes. Now wondering if, after you receive that clothing item, a new one will pop up on offer for completion of the entire particular Story you're doing. Ok, it's late, this babble-fest is done.
  • Options
    krystal wrote: »
    Has Glu activated stories for all iOS players yet or is it still that limited amount? Cause it seems like everyone on here has them lol

the forum is full of people unhappy because they don't have stories. Here in the Stories Feedback thread, I would say 96% of us do have them. But no, they have no been rolled out for any Android, and it has not been expanded past the original testing group I believe. Sorry
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'm so happy that my weekend event storyline is back! Thanks Glu! :D
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    Ok so, as I've already said several times, I love the Stories. But dangling weekend-event, single chapters in our lives and then withdrawing those, isn't going to catch anyone but a junkie. Yes. I was looking forward to the next installment of Modern Guide this weekend, and was disappointed not to have it; it was yanked, leaving only those Stories with a 25-star price tag/per. I'm not an addict. I'm not desperate or jonesing for that fix. I actually did intend on doing a 25-K-star chapter this weekend, because I wanted to, not because I was cornered into it. So. Back to considering paying 25 stars to move on, or just jumping ship. Right now, 50%/50%.
  • Options
    Amberspa101Amberspa101 Registered Users 123 Posts
    How do you exactly get those stories in game?
    These:

I've seen a lot of people on social media who have done them etc but I have yet to actually see them. Do you need to be at a certain place in the game, certain level etc? To be honest I'm a little behind on main quests, I tend to let them pile up and then not do them. And I haven't been going to Simon becuase I know he'll just give me more quests that will pile up.
     But I'm assuming this is why I haven't actually been able to do these stories yet.
    "A Fox is A Wolf who Sends Flowers."
  • Options
    LunchmeatlipsLunchmeatlips Registered Users 87 Posts
    How do you exactly get those stories in game?
    These:

I've seen a lot of people on social media who have done them etc but I have yet to actually see them. Do you need to be at a certain place in the game, certain level etc? To be honest I'm a little behind on main quests, I tend to let them pile up and then not do them. And I haven't been going to Simon becuase I know he'll just give me more quests that will pile up.
     But I'm assuming this is why I haven't actually been able to do these stories yet.
    I think they randomly chose players for the stories feature. Not sure when it’ll be rolled out to everyone else. 
    ✧♡✧ platform: iOS & Android✧♡✧

✧♡✧ level: 30 ✧♡✧

✧♡✧ keepin' it Kardashian ✧♡✧
  • Options
    It has only been offered to a sampling of iOS games so fsr. There is a whole thread about it, i'Ll merge this and you can read all about it, and continue the convo . Hang on.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    edited November 2017
    I know the recent ongoing weekend storyline basically is stories, but after months of waiting for it, is stories ever going to be released for everyone else?
    Platform: Android

• Options
    Amberspa101Amberspa101 Registered Users 123 Posts
    Thank you KoKo for merging this, so i can read about this.

I didn't realize that stories was a random thing people got and some didn't :/ and that it's only for iOS? It's not been released for Android then yet I'm assuming.  I'd love to try these out myself,  but not if it replaces the other game storyline. 
    "A Fox is A Wolf who Sends Flowers."
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Whatever happened to the stories? Have they completely abandoned it? I mean, even for those that have this feature, they haven't released any new chapters.

Was low-key hoping we'd get the snake once we finish the last chapter of Cape Town Confessions.

My only suggestion is that if they ever plan on releasing it across all platforms, just make sure to add the option to wait for a week to unlock the next chapter, and not just pay to play.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.