Event Help & Tips

mollybrownmollybrown Registered Users 65 Posts
So I did some searching on the forums to find any tips or guides on completing the events. This one was the latest weekend event for me:
96F425C1-221D-4190-AE88-6A30884298C8_zps4v6cm29q.png

I couldn't seem to find anything, so I was wondering how everyone else goes about completing these events, because I've never been able to complete one myself.

If anyone has any tips they would like to share, it would be really appreciated! :)
I play the iOS & Facebook game version of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood

ADD ME HERE: http://www.facebook.com/mollybrown0
Prev1

Comments

• Muse DiaMuse Dia Registered Users 28 Posts
    I believe most people do it in Calabasas, a 3 hour shoot there only takes 20 energy since you can invite 4 friends! Besides the friends you invite gives 1-2 additional event points when you do the interaction above their head :)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    You're so right. Muse Dia. Calabasas mansion has been the goto Reality Show and Party house. Letting you invite 4 costars to the Reality Show, and 7 players to the parties. And for parties, the same holds true about the task above their head.

For reality shows - invite the 4 co-stars tap Start Drama for each, and then either 2 1 energy tasks/ 2 2 energy tasks/ 1 1energy & 1 2Energy task/ or a 4 energy task. to finish 18-20 energy

There is disagreement over whether you do better doing the event tasks and reality shows, or just doing reality shows...that's personal preference. And mathematically, I don't have a clue after all the bonuses which

If you do the event gigs - I like to put them off till I have a few items, because those the event bonus pays more for each event item you have. And pay attention when the details are given. For example - if the game wants you to pick a nerd and a ditzy woman for costars - try to choose accurately. Right choices pay more bonus points than wrong choices.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • mollybrownmollybrown Registered Users 65 Posts
    Thanks guys, that's such a great help. I wont be able to complete this one in time, but in the next event I will totally give this a shot! :)

• ThanatosXThanatosX Registered Users 39 Posts
    The first item is the most important, because it gives you 2 event tokens instead of one per invite interaction. You should hold the 6hr events and do 1 at the first item (second unlock), and do the final 2 at the second item (third unlock), the more items from the event you hold the higher your bonus token count. This should maximise your bonus while still allowing you to fit in the cooldown between the events.

After you have an event item don't waste your time with 8hr tasks, you can use the same amount of energy for 2 - 2.5 3hr ones. The payout is only an extra 66% tokens (12 vs. 20 usually) and you lose the second events talk to co-stars tokens. You should aim for the first item on the first day, second on the second day plus a bit of the third, third and final item by the end of the final day.

If you have the gym you can leave it prepared for the event for an extra bit of energy. Your pets come off cooldown every 4hours. The partnerships can be held for extra energy for a dating event especially, since it is such an energy and cash pit. 4hr dates seem to be the sweet spot, 2hr might be okay with an item since you get 2 tokens from the date interaction.
    iOS
    So I bought the mansion in Calabasas, it took a few days to save up the K-Stars, but was totally worth it. I'm now working on the throwback event, which seems to be going well.

So I host the 6 hour ones first, then 3 hour ones? :)

• ThanatosXThanatosX Registered Users 39 Posts
    There is no bonus for the mid week event and no 6hr tasks. You still need to get 500 points usually, not worth killing yourself grinding it. Getting to the second or third box is pretty good.
    iOS
    Ahh... I see the difference, I did wonder why there was no 6 hour one available, but that's okay. I've already got the first box, so I'll just see if I can get the others too. :)

• RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    You're so right. Muse Dia. Calabasas mansion has been the goto Reality Show and Party house. Letting you invite 4 costars to the Reality Show, and 7 players to the parties.

Thanks! Are there other houses where you can invite four or more people to a reality show, or just Calabasas?
    Lately, they've all been 4 co star/ 7 party guests. You have Venice, Seoul, Dublin, I'm thinking Capetown. Any others?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I think those are the biggest homes you can invite people too... although can you film reality shows in any of them? Or is it still only Calabasas? I don't own the others to know
  • RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Lately, they've all been 4 co star/ 7 party guests. You have Venice, Seoul, Dublin, I'm thinking Capetown. Any others?
    ooh so many options! <3
  • tamara09tamara09 Registered Users 33 Posts
    hey guys,

whenever I open a weekend/weekday event thread, I see some of you finishing it really quickly. I'm currently trying to get the top (235/300) but no way I'll reach the hair. do you have any tips on how to finish these events faster? I'd be so so sooooo grateful!! :)

(I'm on level 22 with 35 max energy and I'm switching between 3 and 8 hour long reality shows and 6 hour long projects)
    hi there, i'm a daily iOS player 💫
    ♡ KKG lvl 28, leader of active daily!!
    ♡ KKH lvl 27, A-lister
    Hi Tamara. In order to get the most points, personally I stick with the 3-hour reality shows. Do you own the house in Calabasas?
    Do you buy gift boxes? You'll probably get a lot more input from other if I move this to the General Discussion section. I'll see if there another thread with tips and wait for your answers. I buy too many gift boxes, but if you buy a few, it can make all the difference in the world. Brb.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hi, found a good one and put yours here with it. Read the beginning of this thread, there is a lot of info.

Now tomorrow's event is a SYS, so all you can do is try to put together the best looknown and be sure not to miss any rounds, but with the extra day you can sleep a little. Lol , but try to submit your looks as close to schedule as possible. If you want advice for the looks, go to the thread for the event, players often post their looks, and if you ask for suggestions, everyone is happy to help. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    yay thank you so much Koko, it was really helpful! :) unfortunately I don't own the Calabasas house but it's on my must-have list (alongside with the private jet). I just have to save up some K-stars especially with Monday's SYS event. I managed to finish the last SYS, so I'm hoping I can do that again.

thanks once again! :)
    ♡ KKH lvl 27, A-lister
    Ok, no calabasas, not a problem. I have so excited little hints, that while not directly helping you finish the event, but to help you save for calabasas. that home is still purchasable with.....50,000Cash? It's been a while. I hope I'mean right. So, to build up your game cash piggy bank, here's a trick taught to me and others by Wish, she was here at the beginning, and was awesome. Before you shirt down your game for the night, go to Soho Kardash. Start a 12 hour gig, and tap out all the extra energy you have. When Ying etc uo, tap out a little more energy, so you aren't walking around missing tappa blessed because you'really full. This is like emptying your change into a change jar each night. You are never penalized for not finishing, and you can pump an extra 400 up to 480$ just with energy that would be wasted. AND that will help you save for the house.

This event today needs no home in Calabasas, so hopefullynyou'really starting with us in 2 minutes. Let's do this togethr. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Wow, okay, I'll definitely check this out tonight. Didn't even know there's a 12 hour gig :eek:
    Thanks so much again, Koko! And yeah, I've already submitted my first look for SYS, I'm so excited about this event. :)
    ♡ KKH lvl 27, A-lister
    On professional/reality/party events having the Calabasas house is the way to go. It's relatively inexpensive compared to the other homes but the key is the amount of guests you can invite compared to your other homes. For example this past weekend... when you first start the event you get 12 points for a 3 hour show, plus 2 points per guest and in Calabasas you can invite 4 guests so when you finish your show you get a total of 20 event points. And it only uses about 20 energy! And then when you have event items (either GB or the earnables) you get extra points on top of that. So like after I had earned the skirt and shirt I was getting 5 bonus points on top of the 20 event points I got for finishing the 3 hour show at Calabasas.

As far as the weekend storylines, if you finish them (it's usually 3 gigs at 6 hours each) then you not only get 25 event points for each gig you finish, but then when you finish them all and choose the right answers you can get even more event points on top of that, usually about 30.
    oh wooow, I didn't know the weekend event storylines are this important! I usually kinda ignore them, like I finished it today because I was focusing on the reality shows. well that was a stupid move I guess :p

thank you for the infos, soundspretty! :) I kinda hope the next one is a VIP event so I'll have a little extra time to save money or K-stars for the Calabasas house.
    ♡ KKH lvl 27, A-lister
    hey Koko & soundspretty,

just wanted to thank both of you once again for these tips. I've finished this event a few hours ago, so this is my very first non-SYS event I managed to complete - which made me really happy :) so thank you ladies, you rock!
    ♡ KKH lvl 27, A-lister
    Aww, you are so nice. Congratulations. It feels so much better to finish. I am going to go into grind mode. I'very been very lazy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Ok, no calabasas, not a problem. I have so excited little hints, that while not directly helping you finish the event, but to help you save for calabasas. that home is still purchasable with.....50,000Cash? It's been a while. I hope I'mean right. So, to build up your game cash piggy bank, here's a trick taught to me and others by Wish, she was here at the beginning, and was awesome. Before you shirt down your game for the night, go to Soho Kardash. Start a 12 hour gig, and tap out all the extra energy you have. When Ying etc uo, tap out a little more energy, so you aren't walking around missing tappa blessed because you'really full. This is like emptying your change into a change jar each night. You are never penalized for not finishing, and you can pump an extra 400 up to 480$ just with energy that would be wasted. AND that will help you save for the house.

This event today needs no home in Calabasas, so hopefullynyou'really starting with us in 2 minutes. Let's do this togethr. ;)

Sorry, this may be because I'm not a native speaker but I didn't really understand what you are saying? 'when Ying etc uo' and 'feeling tappa blessed'. Im a bit confused what exactly should I do and when?
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
    tamara09 wrote: »
    hey Koko & soundspretty,

just wanted to thank both of you once again for these tips. I've finished this event a few hours ago, so this is my very first non-SYS event I managed to complete - which made me really happy :) so thank you ladies, you rock!

Yay! You're very welcome.
    September wrote: »
    Sorry, this may be because I'm not a native speaker but I didn't really understand what you are saying? 'when Ying etc uo' and 'feeling tappa blessed'. Im a bit confused what exactly should I do and when?

I think either Koko was excited or using text to speech lol. What she's saying is before you close your game for the night (since you can't play when you're sleeping!) go to Kardash in Soho and start a 12 hour gig. Use up whatever energy you have left (if you have any). Then when you wake up, do an action or two to use up some more energy so that when you leave and tap around in the different locations, you won't miss out on the bonus energy that the tappables (like the bushes, décor, etc) can give you. Because if you have a full energy bar, when you do get the bonus energy bolts from tapping those are just wasted because it doesn't add to your energy meter. You don't have to worry about not finishing the 12 hour gig because you won't be penalized for it AND when the timer is up on it, you'll get at least $400 in cash.
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Yay! You're very welcome.

I think either Koko was excited or using text to speech lol. What she's saying is before you close your game for the night (since you can't play when you're sleeping!) go to Kardash in Soho and start a 12 hour gig. Use up whatever energy you have left (if you have any). Then when you wake up, do an action or two to use up some more energy so that when you leave and tap around in the different locations, you won't miss out on the bonus energy that the tappables (like the bushes, décor, etc) can give you. Because if you have a full energy bar, when you do get the bonus energy bolts from tapping those are just wasted because it doesn't add to your energy meter. You don't have to worry about not finishing the 12 hour gig because you won't be penalized for it AND when the timer is up on it, you'll get at least $400 in cash.
    Ahh that makes more sense. Thanks for explaining! Will try it tonight (:
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
    September, I appologize. One of my devices, is nearly impossible to type on. I am fast, and it likes to anticipate and just really messes me up. I tried to turn off that function, so let's see. If I can decipher, my own typing. This is embarassing.oh, my favorite error, is when one hand is kover one space on the keyboard. So one has done is typing fine, and the other is one key off. Brb
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, no calabasas, not a problem. I have some little hints, that while not directly helping you finish the event, they will help you save for calabasas. (that home is still purchasable with.....50,000Cash? It's been a while. I hope I'm right.) +So, to build up your game cash piggy bank, here's a trick taught to me and others by Wish, she was here at the beginning, and was awesome. Before you shut down your game for the night, go to Soho Kardash. Start a 12 hour gig, and tap out all the extra energy you have. When you start up again you'll have full energy, tap out a little more energy, so you aren't walking around missing tappables because you're full. This is like emptying your change into a change jar each night. You are never penalized for not finishing, and you can pump an extra 400 up to 480$ just with energy that would be wasted. AND that will help you save for the house.

This event today needs no home in Calabasas, so hopefully you'really starting with us in 2 minutes. Let's do this togethr. ;)

Ok, there it is, and I so apologize for this darn thing, it wants to make tappables 'tappa blessed". What is that? When I type out "I'll" I have to tap a little checkmart or it will make my keystrokes into "I'Lloyd " I'll go crazy with this.

Thank you SoundsPretty, you are the nicest interpreters doll could ask for.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PicThisTiaPicThisTia Registered Users, Member 226 Posts
    So so now that’s it’s been a few yess is it best to do it at bel air or still calabasa. Also is there a dummy Version that breaks down the points like how much points u get from 3 to 6 to 8 is it more lest does different things change it from reality event to a goal event
    Bel-Air is the better choice over Calabasas for everything now. I'm not sure what you mean by the second part but typically it's better to do a 3 hour for reality shows/parties vs 8 hours because you can finish faster and get more event points for the amount of energy you use. The 6 hour gigs are weekend gigs (you get 3 each weekend) and those will use up about two full bars of energy to finish and you'll get 20-25 event points afterwards (plus bonus points if you already have any of the weekend items). Then after the last gig you'll get an additional 20-30 event points. 

During dating events it is best to do a 4 hour date at Oak in NYC or Monstrobull at LAX. Next best is an 8 hour date. 2 hour dates are ok, but I usually don't do them unless that's all I'm getting and I need to waste energy. 1 hour dates are pointless and I always cancel them. 

Does that help answer your questions any?
    edited October 2018
    A good place for immediate  events tips, is actually the event thread.  As you can see, this thread started Calabasas was the best place, but now that's changed, so anything we update with, is liable to be obsolete after the next update. 
     <
    As far as I know, there is not a set '3 hour gigs take x amount of energy.' Unless its reality or Parties.
    Different gigs like the storyline or side gigs taking 8 hours?  The energy needed varies depending on the gig.
    but for Reality shows/Parties
    I know it takes net 18 or 19 energy for a 3 hour reality show in BelAir.
    a 3 hour party in BelAir takes 36 energy.   
    3 hour event gigs have a base of 12 event points.
    8 hour event gigs have a base of 20 event points
    6 hour event gigs have a base of 25 event points.

During the weekday events, you get 1 extra event point for each 1st action with a guest/costar and there aren't bonus points (no gb or event items to boost your points).

Currently, I do BelAir for parties, and for Reality Shows. 

Some players think you get more xp or things by filling your home with highly rated guests/costars first.  False.  Fill the house 1st, or invite and tap each guest as you go there is no difference.  It's just such a pain to go fill all the guest spots 1st, and then go back and tap them. And makes no difference.
    Why not brainstorm here,  everyone list your tips, etc, then perhaps we can take this info, and put together an effective tip sheet, we'll just have to monitor for changes. 
    Are there any other questions, or should we just start brainstorming?

Edit by koko...just saw your pi
    It @soundspretty. Great tips.  :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • filipsfilips Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Hi, when Simon called asking if I wanted to get some bonus event points, I clicked on the wrong answer and said "no thanks". Is there any way that I can go back, or something I can do to go get those bonus points? If someone could help me I would really appreciate it  :)