KK:H Weekend 10/6/2017 SYS Kimtober 2017!

Comments

• CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Wow I’m not even bothering to buy the SYS item. I might open a few boxes because the hair and little cardigan may have some potential but I need to see how they look on my doll. That hair might be a little too wiggy.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I’m not too fond about the items, but my inner horder needs to play this event...

!

Not to mention so they don't show up in your TB boxes later on.

I'm bummed the lit shoes are gift box myself, but (shrugs) I like the camo shorts and will be happy to earn Kstars
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I've been playing KKH for almost 3 years and I think this will be the first time I have ever passed on playing the weekend event. I don't like any of the items for my male doll and thinking the black cardigan is kinda cute isn't enough for me to chase it for Dixie.
    Honestly the earnables leave me dumbfounded.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    The camo shorts are inspired by Kim.

1280_kim_kardashian_sheer_top_camo_getty_825354038.jpg
  • Chelsea.Chelsea. Registered Users 526 Posts
    I am sitting this event out all I do not like any of the items at all.
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
  • CeceFordCeceFord Registered Users 45 Posts
    I really like that half up hair. I think it will be really versatile.
    *iOS*
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    I really wish the girls top didn't have that bag attached. I already know I'll never use it because of that.
  • Anastasia_V.Anastasia_V. Registered Users 157 Posts
    Oh woah, I did not expect such reaction on these shorts lol. Maybe I'm not fashion forward enough but I'm actually don't mind them at all. I love camouflage prints in general so I'll definitely participate in this event!

(must have the earnable boots <3)
    (and the giftbox ones, too)
    KKH Android player
    Level 65, A+++
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I’m not too fond about the items, but my inner horder needs to play this event...

I feel the same way! Haha.
    I don't know, I really liked the GB and the hair but I do need to see how it looks on my doll because I was trying to save, considering we're going to have an update very soon so I might not chase them. Not sure right now :rolleyes:

And I actually like the camo shorts <3 they look amazing on Kim, I wish we had bodysuits like her, too.
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I really, really don't like any of the earnable items but I'm a total completist and would also rather spend the 25 kstars now than have the three of them take up space in a TB palette later on!

I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to style those shorts, though...
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Here's my rendition of the flames boots with pants.

Boots.jpg

Ok, I need these. lol.

Hey, how come no one is checking out next Monday's thread? We're not going to get spoilers without any interest....just saying.

Heh heh
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Wow I’m not even bothering to buy the SYS item. I might open a few boxes because the hair and little cardigan may have some potential but I need to see how they look on my doll. That hair might be a little too wiggy.

I feel like the hair looks like a bad wig. I don't like it when the hair doesn't have a natural hairline around the face. It's a shame because I love the length and the waves but I also know I do not use hair that looks so wrong around Dixie's face.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Who would guess camo shorts would be so divisive! :)

I'm in the "love 'em" camp. I like all the girl's stuff, except the novelty flame boots, but I am sure I'll put my doll in them sometime if/when the mood hits.

Here's my first look for SYS.

fRNRGy.jpg
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    **** Charlotte I moved your post. This is the thread for the SYS Weekend event.

I'll try and change some titles around to make sure everybody knows where they're posting please go back to next Monday's thread if we show enough interest that we might even find get out some early spoilers. Who knows? It's wacky Thursday.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Lol Koko your intro just reminded me how much Kim struggled on DWTS.

Anyone else getting some strong Destiny’s Child vibes with the camo? Just me? Lol.
    Uupj5R.jpeg

Anyway, I’m off to go workshop some outfits. First attempt:
    61w9wg.jpeg
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Here's my first look:

2hedk6v.jpg

I actually kind of like it despite my initial reaction to the shorts!
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    I am currently feeling very ... conflicted. Here is my thought process:

One one hand, I love SYS events. They're probably my favorite and I almost never lose so I finish fairly fast. I spend tons of time voting just because judging people is one of my specialties, lmao. So there is a point for the event.

On on the other hand... camo. I get it, it's inspired by Kim and everything. But Kim and her sisters can wear a plastic bag and call it high fashion. When anyone else does it, it's not so much high fashion as it is "Walmart". Negative point for the event.
    T
    I am also, like other people in the thread have mentioned, the type to want every item just to hoard it, even if I'll never wear it. And at the very least I want them not to show up again in later boxes. So ... point for the event?

There was SO much potential here. So much. I just have so many questions. Why is there a bag attached to the tube top? I was actually excited to see we just had a plain and simple black tube top, it can be very versatile and be used for a bunch of things. Sometimes it's not about making things more complex, soemtimes it's about filling our closet with the basics. Also, why a tube top at all? Kim is clearly wearing a leo (which, btw, are my real life staple, I wish we had them in game), so why deviate from her look? There was a pic floating around in the other thread of Kim wearing the camo outfit, and another where she was wearing a black tube top with long black pants. Did we just mix and mash the two outfits together? Why? Minus a point for the event.

The gb items, quite frankly, should be earnables. I know the GB items are always supposed to be "better" to encourage people to spend money and buy more boxes, but when there is maybe only 1 item tops that people want from the entire ensemble, it's kind of cruel to make people have a 1/8 chance of picking it, and sometimes not even that. If we're going to be making the outfits so ... eccentric, and not to most people's taste, at least give us a chance to earn our way to the one or 2 things we want. I would suggest switching the two outfits but realistically, there is nothing in the camo outfit I would chase, even in a gb. I'm partial to the gb skirt, but not "let's spend hundreds of K stars to chase it" partial. Minus a point.

It's a 5 star weekend, which means I could at least potentially earn back the price of the camo pants. That's something I guess. Add a (very tentative) point.

Sorry for any harsh sentiments, I tend to get quite riled up all in the name of fashion. As you dolls can see, I'm very on the fence here. I have no idea what I'll be doing yet. I will say that my need to participate slightly overpowers my indignation at the outfit choices, so I most likely will grudgingly force myself to purchase those pants and join in, but that's not 100% yet.

Does anyone have a fashion inspiration pic for the gb outfit? Maybe seeing it on a real person can help me see what they were going for.
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Ohhh I love those flame boots! However the rest sucks. I mean a tube top with a bag attached??? What even?
    I also think there are way too many sys events so close together. It's getting repetitive and boring. I love sys events but this is too much. Switch it up glu! Keep your players interested and on top of their game!
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
    If I do end up participating, I think I'll try to stick for neutrals and sporty hair-dos, something like these:

S6X96dl.jpgp0sAnFF.jpg
    KKH iOS player ✨

• LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Here are some of the outfits I will submit:

ABCD6987-_C522-4_B63-8_D30-3_AFDFD7_CFB04.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    oh no baby what is you doing??
    i like all the earnables but i have to buy those camo shorts nooooooo lmao

and i am praying i don't get any of the gb items especially those boots. like, i'm sure some people like them and everything but this is like redneck extravaganza and it makes me feel things.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    I don't understand why the bag was paired with the tube top either, and I won't be crushed if I don't earn it this weekend. I do want the earnable boots though. The GB boots look sorta fun but I don't think I could make many looks with them, and really, I wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't win any of the GB items. (The extra event points would be nice though.)

Like Anastasia, I do actually like the camo shorts, but I would like them much more if they were full-length pants. But the men's styling item, and their earnables... Bleh. Poor guys.

I actually like my first look but I'm afraid it will look too 'rough' or underdressed and that voters will be much more likely to choose a glam look over mine. I may consider adding a bag to the second look, but eh... that might make it too busy, and I feel like cut-off camo shorts demand a simpler look. (But if I had the super cute purse Linda styled with above I'd definitely use it! Its color goes great with our beige, tan, and green clothes.)

I tried to dress a little cleaner with my second look but I'm not happy with it, nor anything else I've tried after... Bleh. Feeling uninspired.

WBgtNP5.png
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Pez wrote: »
    I don't understand why the bag was paired with the tube top either, and I won't be crushed if I don't earn it this weekend. I do want the earnable boots though. The GB boots look fun but I don't think I could make many looks with them, and really, I wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't win any of the GB items. (The extra event points would be nice though.)

Like Anastasia, I do actually like the camo shorts, but I would like them much more if they were full-length pants. But the men's styling item, and their earnables... Bleh.

I actually like my first look but I'm afraid it will look a little too 'rough' or underdressed and that voters will be much more likely to choose a glam look over mine. I may consider adding a bag to the second look, but eh... that might make it too busy, and I feel like cut-off camo shorts demand a simpler look. (But if I had the super cute purse Linda styled with above I'd definitely use it! Its color goes great with our beige, tan, and green clothes.) I tried to dress a little cleaner with my second look but I'm not really happy with it... Bleh. Feeling uninspired.

WBgtNP5.png
    I LOVE your first look fwiw.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
    egg wrote: »
    oh no baby what is you doing??
    i like all the earnables but i have to buy those camo shorts nooooooo lmao

and i am praying i don't get any of the gb items especially those boots. like, i'm sure some people like them and everything but this is like redneck extravaganza and it makes me feel things.

I am cracking up at "redneck extravaganza" lmaoo.

thats what I waa trying to subtly hint at, but you took the words right out of my brain
    KKH iOS player ✨

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    I'm not loving the guys earnables myself and while cute I don't want to chance it on that sweater (the hair is ok but I can live without it) so I guess it will be a grinding weekend for me
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    I LOVE your first look fwiw.

Thank you Laura! I got that hair as a luxe goal from Maria yesterday and I'm reluctant to take it off, lol. It's been a lot of fun to style.

Good luck everyone. I'll be memorizing your looks so I can vote for y'all :cool:
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    ANOTHER SYS? :rolleyes: The whole event is so uninspiring to me that I'm gonna sit out this weekend. Only the second time I've not played a weekend event :(
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I'm going on vacation this weekend and won't be able to play for a week.

Seems like the perfect time to take a break from the game :rolleyes:
    hackers can burn in hell
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    Pez wrote: »
    Good luck everyone. I'll be memorizing your looks so I can vote for y'all :cool:

Me too! All of you are looking incredible! <3
    I'm actually very excited for the event :) I'm liking the shorts a bit more each time I try to make an outfit with them! Haha and I like SYS events, they're relaxing in a way of not having to do gigs, dates or parties. Just set up the alarms, super important!! :rolleyes:

Here are two of my looks, I haven't bought the shorts just yet buuut I'm getting kind of ready to wear them tomorrow at 4:00 AM! Haha, setting up my alarm right now.

Untitled_2.jpg

Good luck to everyone who's participating! <3
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for sharing the news Kalinda!

I'm sorry that most of the girls aren't feeling the items.

I like men's earnables, feels like a walk on the beach with style. Of course still isn't what I expected on a Fashion Week update, but this is ending thank Gosh!

The GB hair is bothering me a bit, think the hairline is too low on the forehead. I need to check it in blonde, cause the feel can be completely different, then I decide what to do.

Now I must have that pink coat! It's gorgeous. Hope it won't be a fruitless chase as it was with the black&white bag few weeks ago (I'm still in mourning for it).

Good luck everyone who's in!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!