Update v7.4 - Anticipation

Comments

• KoakumaKoakuma Registered Users 791 Posts
    Guys I have a question
    Is anyone doing the Bugsyrup storyline? I thought it had to do with the halloween pop up shop, but I just noticed they are 6 hour gigs and those are usually just for weekend events, so I wonder if I somehow got this sooner than I should have? Or is this normal? I'm on android by the way
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Amilicious wrote: »
    Exactly this. I spend so much money on this game and I feel that only people with hacked games get to truly enjoy the updates. "Omg everything is so nice" and yes, I agree, but when you have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to enjoy something others get for free it's just.. I am not happy. While the costumes are nice, 150 kstars!?!? Businesses that take months to make a profit, collections that are grossly overpriced. I mean, I love the street style one, but they didn't even try with the bangs on that hair, the texture is so so poor. And, on top of it, the kash prizes. I'm definitely done spending for a while, I did stop at some point last year as well when I had just reached a point of massive frustration, but this overpowers it already.
    I'm really sad that long term paying customers get nickle and dimmed while people who don't spend a cent on this game get rewarded.

Sorry for the rant guys!

Girl I am so with you, and everyone else! (Preach Amelia, Cherrey). It frustrates me to no end that the hackers are the only ones who get to truly enjoy this game with their infinite supply of k stars. It also frustrates me that Glu allows it to continue.

I know Glu says they take cheating seriously, but from a numbers perspective, the hackers add to the daily count of players who play KKH daily, which bolsters the game's figures, which bolsters ad revenue, etc. So while the cheaters don't contribute monetarily to the game, they contribute in other ways, and I think Glu doesn't want to lose a rather large chunk of players if they delete those accounts. (I'm not a programmer, but I feel like it would be very simple to write a script that monitors how many k stars a player has. If that player has over say, 494945890438 k stars, the account gets flagged for review.) From what I've seen on instagram, a lot of the hackers are younger teens, etc. who don't have a disposable income. So even if Glu forced them to play legitimate games, they wouldn't be contributing monetarily, which is the goal for Glu.

I feel kind of bad just writing this, and it may or may not be completely accurate, but it's a definite concern for me, as a paying customer who loves this game. I really wish Glu would be less stingy. The more stingy the company gets, the more they push their paying customer base away. :(
    Honestly, something that would help the game a lot is if they added a k star bonus to the VIP subscriptions. The hackers won't benefit from extra k stars because they have an infinite amount. But the honest players are rewarded for paying monthly to be in the program.
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    I've been reading all of your comments and I can't agree anymore with all of you. I can't help but feel this exact way, too. To be honest it doesn't bother me that those accounts exist, since the moment I started playing I knew about them and it didn't make a difference on me; but the thing is that the customers who are actually paying for K-stars, VIP memberships, SMC, etc can't seem to be able to enjoy the full experience that the game offers (all of their different items, GB, TB, things that need K-stars inside the game) even if they're actually contributing and buying things from the shop.

There are so many ways this could be fixed, solutions that will benefit customers who spend real money on the game.
    Honestly, something that would help the game a lot is if they added a k star bonus to the VIP subscriptions. The hackers won't benefit from extra k stars because they have an infinite amount. But the honest players are rewarded for paying monthly to be in the program.

this would be such a good addition to the game. :)
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Girl I am so with you, and everyone else! (Preach Amelia, Cherrey). It frustrates me to no end that the hackers are the only ones who get to truly enjoy this game with their infinite supply of k stars. It also frustrates me that Glu allows it to continue.

I know Glu says they take cheating seriously, but from a numbers perspective, the hackers add to the daily count of players who play KKH daily, which bolsters the game's figures, which bolsters ad revenue, etc. So while the cheaters don't contribute monetarily to the game, they contribute in other ways, and I think Glu doesn't want to lose a rather large chunk of players if they delete those accounts. (I'm not a programmer, but I feel like it would be very simple to write a script that monitors how many k stars a player has. If that player has over say, 494945890438 k stars, the account gets flagged for review.) From what I've seen on instagram, a lot of the hackers are younger teens, etc. who don't have a disposable income. So even if Glu forced them to play legitimate games, they wouldn't be contributing monetarily, which is the goal for Glu.

I feel kind of bad just writing this, and it may or may not be completely accurate, but it's a definite concern for me, as a paying customer who loves this game. I really wish Glu would be less stingy. The more stingy the company gets, the more they push their paying customer base away. :(

Exactly. I'm honestly not bothered the hacked accounts exist, like not even a little. What bothers me is that I really no longer feel valued as a paying customer. I'm already spending money on the game and month after month, said amount is expected to increase if I want to fully enjoy the experience. I just with there was a payoff, the more money you spent, the more benefits. For example, if you have spent x amount, get a constant decrease on gift box prices (say 30 instead of 40). Or get an extra daily box with prizes you can only unlock if you are at a certain spending point. More discounts, I am just throwing ideas from different mobile games I've seen.

Between VIP memberships, stories, weekend events, collections, etc, there's this expectation of more money spent with very little to show for it.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Koakuma wrote: »
    Guys I have a question
    Is anyone doing the Bugsyrup storyline? I thought it had to do with the halloween pop up shop, but I just noticed they are 6 hour gigs and those are usually just for weekend events, so I wonder if I somehow got this sooner than I should have? Or is this normal? I'm on android by the way

I got it as well. In the other thread AListJacey got it as well https://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?124112-Totally-Random-KKH-let-s-share!&p=644240&viewfull=1#post644240. What's funny is apparently even if you buy or don't buy a costume at the PopUp shop, Kim says it was a bummer you couldn't.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    Guys I have a question

Yes its normal! As Kayla said, no matter what you buy, Kim acts like you didn’t buy anything lol. Kinda weird.
    but yes they’re all 6 hour, I don’t think it’s a mistake. They usually are reserved for weeken events but once in a while I’ll notice them slip in at other times, so I just assumed this was one of those times
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
    Amilicious wrote: »
    Exactly. I'm honestly not bothered the hacked accounts exist, like not even a little. What bothers me is that I really no longer feel valued as a paying customer. I'm already spending money on the game and month after month, said amount is expected to increase if I want to fully enjoy the experience. I just with there was a payoff, the more money you spent, the more benefits. For example, if you have spent x amount, get a constant decrease on gift box prices (say 30 instead of 40). Or get an extra daily box with prizes you can only unlock if you are at a certain spending point. More discounts, I am just throwing ideas from different mobile games I've seen.

Between VIP memberships, stories, weekend events, collections, etc, there's this expectation of more money spent with very little to show for it.

I don't really care about the hackers that much either, honestly. The only thing that bothers me is when Glu introduces a new feature that punishes paying customers (like the new collections feature) and basically rewards the hackers (they don't have to pay anything to access all the new clothing immediately). Even if they are going to reward the hackers, just don't punish the paying customers!
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Preach it sisters!

Man I have been complaining for like a year about the escalation of greed on Glu's part, and that was before VIP subscriptions and the like.

I've sort of made peace with being a devalued customer. We get less and lesser purchasable in the closet as developers work on the big ticket things. I've been ignored about this forever so I've really just stopped expecting anything. I'm a peasant to them, I'll take my crumbs.

I mean, I was pleased with the Halloween store items and all, I like the pop-up stores, but I just shrugged at the Kollections after spending very very little because the gamble isn't worth it. I can't respect the gambles they ask of us. It's always a sucker's bet because it's always rigged, even the regular Gift Box chasing.

And no offense to anyone because it's your money and idk people's financial standing, but dang the VIP is just not paying out NEARLY enough for 50 bucks a month. It should be raining kstars or something for that. Like literally, you should have a weekly weather event where you go out on the street and run through a flurry of kstars.

I really hope this all stays in the thread and isn't deleted because Glu needs to hear this frustration from every level of player.
    I try not to complain too often because I’m sure Glu is doing their best, and I appreciate this game so much. But... a lot of you are making points I wholeheartedly agree with.

In particular, the VIP subscription seem so... off to me. I’m a bronze member, because as a ballin on a budget college student, I can’t afford to pay $50 a month to a game. I buy SMCs sometimes when they really speak to me or if I get gift cards as well. For $5 a month, I know I can’t expect to be bathing in K stars. But $50 for a gold membership where you get one complete outfit seems crazy to me. The price is so not worth the payout.

To put it in perspective, most SMCs are $9.99 USD. For that price, you usually get a complete head to toe outfit. So, how does it make financial sense to pay $50 for a similarly complete outfit? You’re getting the same things usually, a dress, shoes, accessory (or sometimes hair instead of accessory). Who would pay $50 for a complete outfit when you can wait for a SMC and pay $10 for a complete outfit? Silver memberships are $20 a month and you don’t even get a complete outfit. So again, that’s TWICE the price of a SMC and you don’t even get the last hair / accessory / whatever. It doesn’t make sense.

Maybe to make VIP subscriptions more worth it, it should go like this: bronze membership get one complete outfit, silver is 2, gold is 3. $50 for 3 outfits seems a lot more fair (although if SMCs are $10, you can get 5 complete outfits for that same price, so it’s still not entirely up to par, but at least it levels out the price a lot more).

Or, as others have suggested, if we can’t have more outfits, we should get some other form of payout to make the price worth it. Maybe a stipend of K stars a month, as maxrockatansky said. Maybe a business that is exclusively for vip members. Maybe some exclusive story chapters for vip members. Etc. I can go on and on with ideas lol. But the main point is, as it stands, paying a monthly fee for an incomplete outfit and a 10% discount (which is almost nothing) on clothes I rarely want, it’s not worth the money. I’d do better to cancel my subscription and buy SMCs with the way it is now.
    KKH iOS player ✨

• KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    ^I have the same thoughts myself. I'm also bronze and part of the reason I did was because of the tiles. I kept track for like 2 weeks to see which tiles I would get and would it even be worth it? Of course once I paid for the subscription I get more kash & energy options in my daily gb and sometimes don't even see a bronze tile for a few days. I'm not saying I deserve to get all of them, but I am one away from 9 and 2 away from 6 options and have been for quite some time.

Also, the amount of items for sale not released yet has been pretty weak for bronze members for a few months now.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    ^ yeah I hardly ever get bronze tiles lol. Tbh I think I have yet to complete a single bronze set.

And YES to the bronze selection of early clothing. Every time we get new clothing, it’s always the same: short hairstyles I wouldn’t even spend kash on, some weirdly patterned pants options, and maybe one dress or shirt I would purchase. I know the whole point is that we don’t get as good things as a gold member, I completely understand that. But it kind of feels like bronze members just get all the leftover clothing and hairstyles that no one else would want lol. I would rather there be 3 really well made fashionable items for bronze members to purchase, than 10 items that aren’t really that great. (Aside from a few select players, I would say 90% of players want the long, well styled hairs... please, I can’t stand one more generic super short boy cut for sale.)
    KKH iOS player ✨

• judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    AListJacey wrote: »
    Yes, it’s the cutest! I named mine Norbert, he’s my baby <3

XQpqiaS.jpg

Game of Thrones aside, I’ve always had a secret love for all things fantasy. In college, my roommates used to joke “Jacey doesn’t watch anything unless there’s a dragon or a princess in it.” Lmao

That’s actually so cute! Haha and Norbert is absolutely adorable <3

I’ve been looking at the baby dragon for about an hour and a half, trying to hold myself from buying the costume but as soon as I saw that it throws fire out of its mouth, that was the end for me. I’m now the proud mommy of a baby dragon, too :rolleyes: Haha, they’re absolutely adorable.

The whole costume is pretty great. I love the theme it has and how good it looks but the best part is that we can wear the hair, dress and baby dragon separately. This is by far my favorite thing about the costume <3 I’m very happy with everything :o

A81003_DA-9546-46_A6-9_F24-5_C306_EB709_FB.jpg

He (or she :rolleyes:) still needs a name <3
    Edit: this dress is beautiful, too! So happy it’s now available for everyone :o
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    i also don't like the transition of the KKG items. Some items don't match the KKH style at all (e.g. the poorly shaded long hairstyle with the bangs, the Kollektion boots.) It looks like a lazy way to bring "new" items to the game. Please leave the KKG items where they are, or at least adjust them heavily.

The new home is nice, but 220k? Why do the new houses getting more and more expensive with every update? I know some players have millions on their accounts, but I actually need a very long time to save so much Kash.

I only played KKG for about a week before I realized that I could not allow myself to get sucked into another game as expensive as this one. Therefore the KKG items they are bringing over are new to me. I was excited to see them however I did notice that a few of the hairstyles were “off.” I couldn’t pin down why. Cherrey nailed it - there’s no shading! I loved the long Hair with bangs until I “won” it from the Kollections and put it on Dixie. It looks like a cheap wig because the color is so uniform and there isn’t enough to indicate strands of hair. The new high ponytail in the closet is also very strange. When i saw it, I LOVED it but then I put it on Dixie. The ponytail is a different color than the hair that’s pulled back. Also, look how much higher it sits on your dolls head. It gives her a fivehead instead of a forehead. Compare it to other hairstyles- I was actually laughing because it’s so wrong.

I am also frustrated with how expensive the houses have become. Like Cherrey, I don’t have an abundance of Kash so I have to really think before I make a big purchase. Heck, there’s a 30,000kash dress in the closet that I love but I haven’t bought because I need kash for dating events. It does not make sense that houses are four times more kash than they used to be. Glu should analyze my account. I have played for about 2 1/2 years. I have spent a LOT of real money during that time. In the beginning I bought and furnished every house. Then I just bought the house and the pet. Now I don’t even buy the house. I bought So Chic London but have not purchased a business since because I did the math and it takes 6-12 months of steady play before you make a profit. As another player pointed out, that profit of 3-5gc is miniscule compared to the GC prices of everything now. At So Chic London I have to do 3 gigs (1,3,&8 hrs) to earn 3k stars & 1500 kash. Just to buy a new eye shadow (10gc), I have to do more than 9 gigs over about 2weeks. That’s crazy.

There has to be a balance between Glu earning a great profit and players feeling the game is fun & feasible.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    I don't really care about the hackers that much either, honestly. The only thing that bothers me is when Glu introduces a new feature that punishes paying customers (like the new collections feature) and basically rewards the hackers (they don't have to pay anything to access all the new clothing immediately). Even if they are going to reward the hackers, just don't punish the paying customers!

Yes!!!! I don’t care! Just annoys the heck out of me when you have to have a hack to enjoy everything!
    I try not to complain too often because I’m sure Glu is doing their best, and I appreciate this game so much. But... a lot of you are making points I wholeheartedly agree with.

In particular, the VIP subscription seem so... off to me. I’m a bronze member, because as a ballin on a budget college student, I can’t afford to pay $50 a month to a game. I buy SMCs sometimes when they really speak to me or if I get gift cards as well. For $5 a month, I know I can’t expect to be bathing in K stars. But $50 for a gold membership where you get one complete outfit seems crazy to me. The price is so not worth the payout.

To put it in perspective, most SMCs are $9.99 USD. For that price, you usually get a complete head to toe outfit. So, how does it make financial sense to pay $50 for a similarly complete outfit? You’re getting the same things usually, a dress, shoes, accessory (or sometimes hair instead of accessory). Who would pay $50 for a complete outfit when you can wait for a SMC and pay $10 for a complete outfit? Silver memberships are $20 a month and you don’t even get a complete outfit. So again, that’s TWICE the price of a SMC and you don’t even get the last hair / accessory / whatever. It doesn’t make sense.

Maybe to make VIP subscriptions more worth it, it should go like this: bronze membership get one complete outfit, silver is 2, gold is 3. $50 for 3 outfits seems a lot more fair (although if SMCs are $10, you can get 5 complete outfits for that same price, so it’s still not entirely up to par, but at least it levels out the price a lot more).

Or, as others have suggested, if we can’t have more outfits, we should get some other form of payout to make the price worth it. Maybe a stipend of K stars a month, as maxrockatansky said. Maybe a business that is exclusively for vip members. Maybe some exclusive story chapters for vip members. Etc. I can go on and on with ideas lol. But the main point is, as it stands, paying a monthly fee for an incomplete outfit and a 10% discount (which is almost nothing) on clothes I rarely want, it’s not worth the money. I’d do better to cancel my subscription and buy SMCs with the way it is now.

Agreed! I remember the android try-out had 200 monthly K-Stars for Gold subscribers and I never got why they didn’t add to iOS. They should add it and then give it back for all the months they didn’t. That would be the best X-Mas gift ever!
    I have my ‘twin npc’ and this morning she wasn’t changing.. then I signed went to Options, Log Out Of FaceBook. Did that. Hit the button log back into FaceBook. Fully signed back in i the game, and my twin NPC was changing again.

i think whether it was the iOS update to 11, or the game, but Even though the game said I was logged into Facebook logging out and logging back in soft the problem for me if you tried that and I’m still not showing up in different clothes and there’s a 2nd problem.

i also have Max basic. I’ll start a thread in support if this persists. I’m going to put on a white jumpsuit, and I just bought purple hair. See if Apple changes for you.

I just tried your suggestion Koko But it didn’t fix my game. In the game Options, i completely logged out of Facebook and logged back in. All the dolls are still in their clothes from the weekend.

I know Kalinda posted that they are aware of the problems but please let us know if we need to post in a support thread. Thank you
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    I got it as well. In the other thread AListJacey got it as well https://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?124112-Totally-Random-KKH-let-s-share!&p=644240&viewfull=1#post644240. What's funny is apparently even if you buy or don't buy a costume at the PopUp shop, Kim says it was a bummer you couldn't.
    Yes its normal! As Kayla said, no matter what you buy, Kim acts like you didn’t buy anything lol. Kinda weird.
    but yes they’re all 6 hour, I don’t think it’s a mistake. They usually are reserved for weeken events but once in a while I’ll notice them slip in at other times, so I just assumed this was one of those times

Oh right! I stopped doing this storyline cause I was afraid if I finished them now I would miss out on event points when we were supposed to actually do them but since these aren't event related I'll go right ahead. Thank you!
  • ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Well said, Amelia! I love to spend money on a game I like, but this situation is sitting a little bit too heavy on my purse. I know that Glu is a company and a company wants to earn as much money as possible, but sometimes I feel like they miss to find the balance between happy customers and profit. Sometimes I feel like KKH is a very exclusive game that can only be fully enjoyed by weallthy people or cheaters.

Well said Cherrey
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
    So another thing that came with this update was the "grabbing things" pose/feature/thing, and I like it, but does anyone feel like the grabby arm is too short compared to the other one? The foreams are too short. Like, to illustrate

LZHsnSf.png
    The blue line is the elbow part of it and it is aligned ok on both arms, but the red line, where the wrist parts should be also aligned with each other, show that the new arms' forearms end a bit too early.
    I'm not a great artist so I'm not sure if this is like a perspective thing that I'm just not getting but idk, it bothers me :(
    The hand on that arm also feels a bit tiny but I'm not sure if it's because of the whole forearm thing affecting the way I see it
  • LBreannLBreann Registered Users 8 Posts
    Like some of my fellow KKH players, I was super impatient in waiting for this update to come to Android, but my goodness was it worth the wait! I love all the new clothes, and the cute little Halloween decorations throughout the city. Really sets the mood for fall! Of course I had to buy the new house and that adorable ghost butler....But is it just me or have we not had any new houses where you can purchase a new vehicle in a while? I'm at 'On A Roll 9' at 50%....am I missing a vehicle or is that as far as the rest of you are, also? I went through the list and didn't see one I missed, but who knows.....
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We're releasing a 7.4.1 update for iOS to fix some bugs and it will be available in the App Store today.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    Is the Amazon one today? It's not a lot of fun seeing people going on about they love the update and the rest of us are left out.
    Platform: Android

We're releasing a 7.4.1 update for iOS to fix some bugs and it will be available in the App Store today.

Fingers crossed friends unfreeze and Skylar can get out of this basic clothing!
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    So another thing that came with this update was the "grabbing things" pose/feature/thing, and I like it, but does anyone feel like the grabby arm is too short compared to the other one? The foreams are too short. Like, to illustrate

LZHsnSf.png
    The blue line is the elbow part of it and it is aligned ok on both arms, but the red line, where the wrist parts should be also aligned with each other, show that the new arms' forearms end a bit too early.
    I'm not a great artist so I'm not sure if this is like a perspective thing that I'm just not getting but idk, it bothers me :(
    The hand on that arm also feels a bit tiny but I'm not sure if it's because of the whole forearm thing affecting the way I see it

I noticed the same thing. The grabbing arm is too short and the hand too small. It looks off somehow :(
  • AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    LBreann wrote: »
    Like some of my fellow KKH players, I was super impatient in waiting for this update to come to Android, but my goodness was it worth the wait! I love all the new clothes, and the cute little Halloween decorations throughout the city. Really sets the mood for fall! Of course I had to buy the new house and that adorable ghost butler....But is it just me or have we not had any new houses where you can purchase a new vehicle in a while? I'm at 'On A Roll 9' at 50%....am I missing a vehicle or is that as far as the rest of you are, also? I went through the list and didn't see one I missed, but who knows.....

Agreed! I need that Monaco car!!!
  • Ziya SwansonZiya Swanson Registered Users 56 Posts
    I updated again and I still can't get into my game. At this rate, I won't be able to participate in the weekend event. :(
    #ComeBackVats
    iOS player
    Noooooo. I updated too and everyone is still frozen. I'm sure that means Skylar is still frozen as well. As Trumpster would say, Sad!!
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Is the Amazon one today? It's not a lot of fun seeing people going on about they love the update and the rest of us are left out.

Pc players are also left out, still waiting....
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    Pc players are also left out, still waiting....

Both are always left for last. :(
    Platform: Android

Noooooo. I updated too and everyone is still frozen. I'm sure that means Skylar is still frozen as well. As Trumpster would say, Sad!!

Dang it. This game is 1000% more enjoyable when I can see how my friends styled their dolls.
    Holly
    I play on iOS