KK:H Weekend Event 10/13/17 ~ Nothing But Good Luck (this Friday the 13th)!

124Next

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hi September. Did you complete all 3 weekend storylines and then went to Prague's mansion?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Sorry I missed your earlier post. Yeah it's a lot of fun. Make sure to choose the energy options when the directors ask to you do something, this will give to you a k-star. Now if you pay k-stars to them they'll drop 10 extra points.:)

#cheapnessisintheair

thank you so much for your advice! I did the same as Kayla though, I paid the 2 K-stars... haha but it's okay, I just really wanted those extra event points, didn't even imagine that the 10 energy actions would give you K-stars :rolleyes:
    and yayy! congratulations on finishing it! <3
  • Cheryl VCheryl V Registered Users 36 Posts
    I still don't have the update. :(
    PC Platform
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    this event is somehow taking me longer to complete, i guess because of the 1 hour dates.
    oh well i don't mind.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • Ziya SwansonZiya Swanson Registered Users 56 Posts
    Cheryl V wrote: »
    I still don't have the update. :(
    I'm really sorry this is happening to you and many other players. I know it may take some time for Glu to get this issue worked out but they could at least have the courtesy to tell us what is going on. Keeping us in the dark like this only makes people more upset and less likely to spend money on the game in the future.
    #ComeBackVats
    iOS player
  • Cheryl VCheryl V Registered Users 36 Posts
    The first fun event and we probably wont even get to participate. :(
    PC Platform
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Well, there's 15 hours left (half that, since I need to sleep too) and I still haven't quite made it to 300 points even with the bonus of getting the gb hair in my free box. I hate complaining about this every single dating event, but I'm going to anyway: the dating comeback quest is the worst. It's a punishment for doing well. I don't think anyone who works for Glu has ever actually played this game, because it's absurd and insulting.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Well, there's 15 hours left (half that, since I need to sleep too) and I still haven't quite made it to 300 points even with the bonus of getting the gb hair in my free box. I hate complaining about this every single dating event, but I'm going to anyway: the dating comeback quest is the worst. It's a punishment for doing well. I don't think anyone who works for Glu has ever actually played this game, because it's absurd and insulting.

I was just thinking about it as well. The extra task you get with the comeback is actually throwing in an obstacle instead of being helpful (which it is supposed to be). Glu should really revisit this, and to anyone not having done the comebacks yet: save the dating one for last! (Or leave it completely!)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Oh noooo! I haven't been on here much this weekend and haven't done any of the weekend gigs as I find it so much easier to complete dating weekends by grinding in Oak. Just came to say I'm nearly finished and that I've enjoyed playing and I spotted that the storyline will be carried over into next week... 😩 There's no way I can complete it now without spending kstars and seriously grinding (which I can't do as I'm so busy today), and I am currently at 0 energy...really disappointed right now.
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    You've got time to do the first two if you hurry, and the third will still be available once the weekend's over. I don't know if you'll miss out on anything next weekend, but you can at least experience the storyline.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
    You've got time to do the first two if you hurry, and the third will still be available once the weekend's over. I don't know if you'll miss out on anything next weekend, but you can at least experience the storyline.

Thank you thinkthistle, that's a really good point - I'm going to start with the first gig once my energy fills up and see how far I can get. I wonder if the third gig would still work in the same way, and then give the option to go to the mansion, once the event is over, as often when you do weekend gigs after the weekend itself, none of the interactive elements (conversations with other characters etc) are available in them. Kalinda, if you are around, could you please tell us how these new weekend storylines are working? It's an exciting new feature, anyway, and definitely incentivises doing the gigs (and is a really good idea for tiding over everyone who finishes new storylines quickly and then has previously had to wait for ages for the next update) - I for one will not be so quick to overlook them in future!!
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_oxvg3h6NcN1swz9zro1_1280.jpg

What an interesting storyline! I'll be away at a convention next weekend so I have to try and squeeze it in so I can continue it. I only wish the person who confronted us was....better dressed I guess? LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Ooh I'm even more intrigued about this storyline now! I've just finished the first gig and may spend kstars to speed things up it it's the only way to complete things in time...unless there's a way to resume the storyline next week without doing so...hmmm...
  • jufjuf Registered Users 22 Posts
    I loved the storyline so far, really looking forward to it continuing! In my opinion, probably the single most interesting one I've ever seen on KKH.
    Also, after this weekend, true happiness is seeing an 8hr date in Oak is being paid by the date, I swear...
    playing on Android
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Here's my feeling on this new kind of weekend event.
    The forum has been talking about how we've been hoarding 6 hour gigs, to use them for the following weeks events for point advantages. Glu designed the events to be played over the course of the weekend, with intact storylines. So, I not be surprised if the new undone either disappear when the event is over, or they will just not pay out in event points when we eventually do them. Just my opinion. After all, the event did seem a little different different, and for those of you who haven't experienced Stories yet, this weekends event had a real "Stories" feel. But Back to topic...gut feeling says the days of storing up weekend events is over.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hmmm...I did store up weekend gigs in the past, but sort of as a side effect of just not finding them very useful during certain events, and then having to get rid of them. So getting points from them for weekday events was a pleasant side effect (although, again, I would only bother with them for certain weekday events). Now I'm not really sure what to feel about these new events...one positive is that it will be nice to have a less clogged-up to-do list, I suppose!

My main question really is if (and how) the next weekend's storyline will work as a continuation if you don't complete all three gigs the weekend before...surely you'd still get gigs in that case? Would they be different? It's confusing but also intriguing!!
  • Ewa250365Ewa250365 Registered Users 33 Posts
    Pez wrote: »
    I've noticed I only get 1hr dates when dating a new NPC until I marry them, then all the time options start appearing in rotation. Not sure if it's like that for everyone but it's certainly been the case for me!

I agree! Also I think it's kinda silly we can carry a clutch AND a bag at the same time, but hey, maybe my doll needs to haul around a lot of stuff? My IRL purse is certainly overflowing :p

My free GB had all four items but of course I picked +30 event points :rolleyes: Bah, I got unusually crabby over that this morning! Chill, self, the weekend is nearly here...

And lol at Savage and Luther! He's a fun character, I always smile when he pops up all grumpy-looking for a Real Run-in.
    Hi, Pez. I didn’t know where to write it (on iPhone I cannot write private messages) so sorry for it guys.
    I have level 46 😊
    https://m.facebook.com/nicki.kkhkkg.1?ref=bookmarks
    Kkh lv 57. iOS
    facebook Nicki kkh
    instagram Nicki.kkh_kkg
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    For those of us still waiting on the update, do we still get the weekend story line? It sounds more fun than story lines that are just for that weekend and then don't actually go anywhere after that.
    Platform: Android

• JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    My doll’s husband just called for a divorce :( I paid 10 kstars to charm him but this is ridiculous. I went on how many dates yesterday? 15? 20? And when I don’t go on dates with him for a week it’s okay? Glu please fix this!
    iOS platform
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    JasmineKKH wrote: »
    My doll’s husband just called for a divorce :( I paid 10 kstars to charm him but this is ridiculous. I went on how many dates yesterday? 15? 20? And when I don’t go on dates with him for a week it’s okay? Glu please fix this!

Aren't they just so obnoxious? I'm going to let him break up with me one of these days to buy him back on a VIP weekend LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats