Welcome to the Darkside (FunSide!)

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
edited June 2018 in KKH General Discussion
r4305szs6o4a.jpg

In another thread we were talking about how our addiction has pushed us into
the Darkside (Funside) of KK:H
We came up with a list of 10 or so signs that you've arrived.
Welcome.
♡Ten Plus Signs that you've happily crossed to the DarkSide ♡
  1. You start playing on more than one device
  2. You dream about the game.
  3. When asked what you'd like for a present.....you ask for gift cards for Google Play / iTunes
  4. You point at the tv and say "my doll has that dress" when watching TMZ or access Hollywood.
  5. You look at real people in the world around you and say "she looks like a character in my game."
  6. If Customer Care was a telephone number - you'd have them on speed dial
  7. If you mentally calculate how many event points you receive after every gig & how long it will take you to complete an event.
  8. If you wake up during weekends and look at the game and say "but I thought I won that last night!"
  9. When you make the move from long time lurking to active poster.
  10. The ability to justify spending more than $5 or $10 on the k-stars.

:) Give me a few minutes, and I'll copy more of the posts on this subject over. So, tell us how you first realized you were a Darksider. :) Fun thing about the Darkside....every player is just a tap or two away. muhahahaha

Oh, my fave...when I decided to start tanking up with water before bed, to make sure I'd get up in the middle of the night. Depending on what time I get up....I either stay up and wait for Go Time.....Glu's 5:00a.m. Eastern Event starts are like the ringing of the bell for the opening of the stock exchange. So...I altered my body habits to adjust my inner time clock for the game.

Hey, it's good for you. The Hydration... the obsession well that's just the cherry on top of it all.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134

Comments

• NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    For #1, I'm not sure how you guys do it. I think some of you play on two or three devices and in addition you also play K&K or BS:AD as well. How do you do it? Maybe once I'm finished with all my comebacks and storylines I will start a new game with a male doll. You can definitely put me down for #2 and #7. Hope my dream of new facial features in an update comes true. :) I might also join #3, because from now on I will only ask for iTunes gift cards for Christmas and birthdays. The only thing better than buying K stars with my money is buying them with someone else's. :) Lastly, I will shamefully admit that I'm guilty of #10, but I'm trying to control my sudden urge to buy K stars.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Aww. Don't you feel better now? You're among friends. We 'get' it. Lol. Welcome. Come in for a hug Doll. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh Gosh the addiction!!!

Is this our AA???

I'm trying to recover from last weekend's K&K event, that was *sigh* I just can't yet...

Honestly I think it's time for having a chat within the game so we can support each other better on emergencies lol

Last night I was like 'I need to ask to Koko to change Kat's clothes to match Vats' and I couldn't that's a real nightmare!

See? Totally darkside! I should worry about other stuff:o
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    OMG. Yes, how could we forget. Thank you Nai. lol. I even do it at home. Is that bad? I'm sitting fully dressed, tapping away while PuterHead makes Baba's lunch on the weekend?

Ten Plus Signs that you've happily crossed to the Dark Side in KK:H

3. When asked what you'd like for a present.....you ask for gift cards for Google Play / iTunes
    4. You point at the tv and say "my doll has that dress" when watching TMZ or access Hollywood.
    5. You look at real people in the world around you and say "she looks like a character in my game."
    7. If you mentally calculate how many event points you receive after every gig & how long it will take you to complete an event.
    8. If you wake up during weekends and look at the game and say "but I thought I won that last night!"
    11. You hide in toilets to play KKH
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Related to hiding in toilets: If I have to call agent support (and I'm not with a client), I will pull up KKH and do a quick reality show or 3hr gig. Same for webinars or anything where I have to listen but nobody can see me :)
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    So this morning after opening my daily gift box items I apparently drifted right back to sleep and dreamt that I got ANOTHER 2 giftboxes. But they were special, like New Years themed for some reason. And they had facial features in them!! I was so excited that they had finally added new looks...and then I woke up. ::sigh:: It was nice while it lasted.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Oh I check so many of these! I can't even count how many times I have dreamt about the game, it happens way to much!
    I'm also very guilty of Nr. 11 haha

I have thought about atartung a second game, but I don't have a second iOS device and then my games couldn't be connected which I would hate. :(
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    hahahahaha so funny that you girls are still hiding at this point!

I just let it go!

I play everywhere! My phone is glued in my hand!!!

Doesn't matter if I'm home, studying, working, with family or friends, you gonna see me playing.

Once at a bar, my friends asked 'What are you doing?' I said 'Playing KKH:cool:!', They 'You're addicted!', Me 'Now tell me the news!!''. They tried to grab my phone and I was like 'GTFO!'.

TBH I always think if someday a buglar try to steal my phone, I'll fight him to death before he take with him all my progress, and that's why Glu should work on a way to us save our progress whereelse than in our devices... I can be killed at any moment:rolleyes:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Lii wrote: »
    Oh I check so many of these! I can't even count how many times I have dreamt about the game, it happens way to much!
    I'm also very guilty of Nr. 11 haha

I have thought about atartung a second game, but I don't have a second iOS device and then my games couldn't be connected which I would hate. :(

AppleP isn't lonely, the Androids twins are identical and share homes all over the world, but my iOS feels special. She gets to play with all her forum friends on a different platform. So, while you can't play together ....you'll be able to play with all the Android friends from the forum. You'll have the ability to connect with everyone on the two major platforms. ......dark side.....darkside.....darkside.... it's calling you deeper doll.....
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Can we add to the list 'dream about the Glu Moderators'? lol

Last night I dreamed that Kalinda was in my house, more specifically in my bedroom, sitting in my bed and talking about her love on working in this game! A very intimate moment!

If you guys are wondering how Kalinda looks like, here's your answer:

She looks like a top model! A very sensual brunette that dress up to fancy to be sitting on my bed!

#awkward
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Well, I'm not adding that to the list Vats. In fact. I'm not touching this one. *koko slowly backs just as Marvin Gaye begins blaring from Vat's sound system. *runs off to get Kalinda. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Got it Vats. I um, ahem...er, put it very 'loosely' but we all know what you meant.

Ten Plus Signs that you've happily crossed to the Dark Side in KK:H

11. You hide in toilets to play KKH
    12. You dream about Glu in your boudroir ((and we don't mean the game this time)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    'Loosely'? Ha!

Umm better I stay quiet...

:rolleyes:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    This thread has cooled down enough. It's ok to walk on again. There are a bunch of newer players who've probably never seen our little list. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • astrayastray Registered Users 1,538 Posts
    I do pretty much all of these except #2,3, 4 & 5, i will literally sit on a toilet in a public place that has free WIFI just so that I can enjoy my game there are times when I have walked into a wall or someone's trolley at the market because I'm too into my game or I've ignored someone unintentionally because the game has my attention, lol.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    What⁉

Oh wow I've just realized that I've never commented on this thread before.

I'd hate to admit it but this game is my ultimate guilty pleasure.

My family knows how addictively I am to this game. I still hide my games from time to time whenever my mom or my sister walks inside of my bedroom. My brother gets annoyed whenever he sees that I'm playing this game, but I'm starting not to care now at this point lol:D

My mom asked me one time why I play this game so much. I've told her several times that my only reasoning for playing it is because it's a celebrity fashion game. Apparently, she still thinks that I'm such a huge fan of Kim Kardashian. And, I've used to watch her reality show with her family, but I've stopped at some point since I kinda outgrown the show and grew bored of it.

This story is so funny so I thought that I had to share. Last time, I was planning to do my doll's wedding with photo editing. I had no clue what to do. I was trying to brainstorm, but I just couldn't seem to come with a creative theme for my doll's dream wedding. I asked my mom for some ideas, but she didn't know what I was talking about. So, I showed a pic of my photo edit to her from my tablet, and she made fun of my work lol:D:o I laughed along with her in such a sarcastic tone. She said I thought that you were talking about human beings to me, but you're just showing me cartoon characters. I always refer to my KKH 'characters' as my dolls because it's such an endearing word.

I told her it may look easy but not everyone can do this. You have to be artistically talented and skillful to do photo editing. She agreed with me when I made that statement to her. I'll never show my photo editing work to her ever again ha ha:D. Oh well you live and you learn I suppose.#LessonLearned

Edit from Koko: This conversation continued and migrated off topic,so I moved it to Apropos of Nuthin. Carol, you and your enthusiam are great, Thank you for sharing your talent. ;)
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

edited October 2017
    Yay, I found it! I bet we have a lot of new players who have joined the club, they just haven'the been initiated yet.
    Do you have more to add to the You Know you'received Addicted.....list?

Or just tell us how the game has invaded your every waking moment......and more.
    I heard someone had a dream last night..............072j8k9gla0b.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts
    Ohmygod I just saw this thread! So funny. I always hide in bathrooms to secretly play KKH :')
    Some of my friends/housemates eventually found out I'm playing and they always look at me with a WTF face. So I don't really have the guts to whip out my phone in a crowded lecture hall to play the game :')

Anyway. Also when I'm out in public sometimes I'll be like 'oh shoot almost two hours have passed since I played... I must get it or my energy won't fill up anymore!' Lol.
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    My phone got stolen at a bar about half a year ago. I was drunk and realized my phone was gone and burst into tears. My friends were all telling me it’s ok it’s ok you can get a new phone but I remember drunkenly crying to them that I never backed up my phone to iCloud and that my KKH game would be completely gone. 

My phone got stolen and in my drunk mind, the first thing I was concerned about was my KKH progress lmao. That’s when I knew I crossed to the dark side. 
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    Also a week ago I was at a bar (not the same bar lmao) just chillin and playing pool with my friends. It was my turn to play, but I was in the middle of a gig, so I turned to my friend, who is a huge 6’5 super manly type guy, and I handed him my phone and told him “just keep tapping bubbles until the energy runs out” lmao. He was confused but he did it for me ? he rolled his eyes when I told him it was the KKH game, but he sure kept playing even after I told him I could have my phone back now ?
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • SeptemberSeptember Registered Users 552 Posts

Also a week ago I was at a bar (not the same bar lmao) just chillin and playing pool with my friends. It was my turn to play, but I was in the middle of a gig, so I turned to my friend, who is a huge 6’5 super manly type guy, and I handed him my phone and told him “just keep tapping bubbles until the energy runs out” lmao. He was confused but he did it for me ? he rolled his eyes when I told him it was the KKH game, but he sure kept playing even after I told him I could have my phone back now ?

That's so funny! I also do that with my boyfriend (1,90 metres, dreadlocks, broad build everything). Recently we were in the car, I was driving and it was a 2,5 hour drive. We were on the highway so I couldn't really stop but I did remember that my KKH gig was almost finished. So I said 'GRAB MY PHONE QUICK THIS IS AN EMERGENCY GO START KIM KARDASHIAN GAME TAP ALL THE BUBBLES QUIIIICK'
    lol he just looked at me like are you kidding me is this my life now ? Guess it is babe lol ?
    Add me on Facebook! Username is September Ray, I play on android.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009788296013

#SafeStorage
    #BonusStarForParties
    #Don'tPunishPayingCustomers
    Oh yes. you guys belong here. I would make tags for us all, but who would tap for me?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary

Don't forget hiding in toilets to play KKH

The addiction is real

This one never fails to make me laugh because it's so so true.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PezPez Registered Users 397 Posts
    edited October 2017
    Cute idea for a thread! I'm guilty of 2 (dreams), 7 (calculating events points), and 9 (lurker to active poster). I've considered 1 -- I'd like to create a male doll, and I have a spare Android device, but I already spend so much time on this game and would feel guilty playing even more!

I'm definitely on my worst behavior during SYS events. When I'm up and awake, I'm checking my results and entering a new round every 4 hours, on the dot, no matter what! And if I happen to wake up during the night, then too, even though it means blasting myself in the face with a phone screen that feels brighter than the Bat-Signal in the dark.
    iOS • KK:H player since January 2015 • I still need to make a FB account for my doll lol

• eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    last night i had a dream that there was a "glitch" in my game and that i could not exit the gb menu until i opened the whole palette.
    it was wild. and i guess i'm guilty of going from "long-time lurker" to "active poster".
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • LunchmeatlipsLunchmeatlips Registered Users 87 Posts
    In real life most people are surprised when they find out I love Kim K! It’s even more shocking to them that I’m so obsessed w this game lol! I’ve had my friend steal my phone while we were drinking and he threatened to delete my game. I told him I spend real money on the game and that if he deletes it I could lose all my progress!!! I seriously thought I was gonna cry!!! Thankfully my game is safe and clearly I need a stronger password XD

✧♡✧ platform: iOS & Android✧♡✧

✧♡✧ level: 30 ✧♡✧

✧♡✧ keepin' it Kardashian ✧♡✧
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    edited October 2017
    I’m guilty of #3,6,7,8,9 & 10.
    Also, playing till I’m so tired that I fell asleep without notice & waking up in panic remembering if in middle of gig.
    Oh & bookmarking KKH forum page & almost all KKH related pages around web for info.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    I'm guilty of 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, and 10. More than once I've had dreams that I lost all my KKH progress, but one time I had a dream that I had ten thousand kstars and ten million kash :D
    iOS platform
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

My phone got stolen at a bar about half a year ago. I was drunk and realized my phone was gone and burst into tears. My friends were all telling me it’s ok it’s ok you can get a new phone but I remember drunkenly crying to them that I never backed up my phone to iCloud and that my KKH game would be completely gone. 

My phone got stolen and in my drunk mind, the first thing I was concerned about was my KKH progress lmao. That’s when I knew I crossed to the dark side. 

Lol Jacey! Your story sounds similar to mine except the bar part. I was at a baseball game and more than a little tipsy and I went to the bathroom and in my drunk mind I was afraid my phone would fall out of my purse (???) so I put it on the toilet paper holder and completely walked out without it. I was so upset... not over the fact that I lost my phone but because I would lose my game lol!!! Luckily someone turned it in and I was able to get it back at the end of the night.