Being billed for subscription I cancelled immediately after purchase

MirelaMirela Registered Users 64 Posts
Hi,

I thought I would get another trial version for the silver VIP, but turns out I was wrong. I immediately cancelled my subscription to the silver one. But now I am being charged twice. I've already contacted my bank and Apple Support to cancel these payments. I am not paying 50$. 

Is there anything Glu can do to cancel these payments?
The name is Mirela. A+++.

Comments

• MirelaMirela Registered Users 64 Posts
    Hi,

I subscribed myself to a trial version of VIP bronze subscription. I cancelled it the day it was due to expire. Now, am I allowed to try a trial version of silver and gold? Or does the VIP trial is only a one-time offer? 

Thank you.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I believe it's just a one time offer.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    edited October 2017
    No, it must be cancelled through iTunes or your bank. And I believe you have 48 hours with iTunes. Good luck unfortunately no one gets more than one free trial, unless there is something wonky with your account.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited October 2017
    this is a duplicate post about the same issue. I merged the threads
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited October 2017
    No, it must be cancelled through iTunes or your bank. And I believe you have 48 hours with iTunes. Good luck unfortunately no one gets more than one free trial, unless there is something wonky with your account.
    I thought you had a chance for all three trials. This whole VIP trial thing isn't very clear.

I'm waiting for iTunes, as well as my bank, to message me back.

Thank you.
    If anyone is interested in knowing: Apple contacted me back and refunded my most recent purchase. Now I am waiting for the person to contact me back about my second refund from the very first purchase.
    I've been fully refunded by Apple. It's been resolved. This thread can closed. Thank you!
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited November 2017
    This just happened to me, too. I decided to try the silver VIP suscription since I've been wanting to do that for a long time now and I did but I got charged right away. I've sent a customer support mail to iTunes but should I do this from inside the game as well? I didn't want them to charge me now, I just wanted to try the silver VIP suscription. :(
    Thank you for any help.
    edited November 2017
    No, there is no cancel function from within the game. Either iTunes or google play are the ones charging your account, you must cancel from their sites. Under your profile or account, go to subscriptions, find your vip program and cancel. But if you are trying to get refunded, you have 48 hours then You could be their mother, if it it’s 49 hours they will not help you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    omg @kokokokonut thank you so much! I sent them a customer support mail right away so I am now waiting for their answer.
    Thank you! <3
    Update: I talked with Apple Support by phone this morning and everything went great! They're going to refund my money between the next 10 business days and confirmed that the suscription has been canceled.
    I'd love to get it again next month though, I'm seriously thinking about it because of all the amazing clothes and benefits I got with it.
    Thank you!
    edited November 2017
    judithkkh said:
    Update: I talked with Apple Support by phone this morning and everything went great! They're going to refund my money between the next 10 business days and confirmed that the suscription has been canceled. I'd love to get it again next month though, I'm seriously thinking about it because of all the amazing clothes and benefits I got with it. Thank you!
    I don't personally think it's worth paying 28$ CAD (prices are in Canadian dollars for me) a month for a just few more clothes and hairstyles for cheaper as well as some extra stories. It's not worth the money for me in my opinion.
    edited November 2017
    Mirela, your point is valid and everyone has to choose for themselves what to do, but this was a thread looking for help, I'd rather not open it up to discussion on the merits of the Vip subscription. OOPS caps. I'm sure there are a few threads general Discussion about it, or you can start one. (Thanks for understanding.

And judith, you can always start the subscription again, but you only get one free trial. You will get charged again right away, but you won'the have a leg to stand on if you try to cancel and get your funds back.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • jazz1jazz1 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I need help aswell I would like to get a refund because i cancled my subscription before the free trail expired and now it had billed meMirela said:
    I've been fully refunded by Apple. It's been resolved. This thread can closed. Thank you!
    How have u gotten a refunded I would like to get on to plz help
  • jazz1jazz1 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited May 2018
    Hi 
    I have been billed before my FREE subscription even though I cancled before it was due I think this is ridiculous since it says it's FREE TRAIL but has completely lied as it is not because it bills u anyway which is a complete SCAM. I think it's stupid how it doesn't completely explain to you about this FREE trail .    PLEASE I RLLY WANT A REFUND 
    She contacted Apple. Depending on your platform, you have t speak to either Apple, or Google because they are the companies charging you. You have to go to your subscriptions, and cancel that way. It’s like an off switch. If you tried to cancel some other way, then that’s part of the discussion between you and either Google or Apple. Ki[m sorry you are having trouble. If you tell me which platform, I can tell you how to cancel, but if you want to try and get a refund, you have to talk to either google or Apple.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Also, I moved your other post, the thread you started into this one. When there is a problem, please do t post multiple times, give me a chance to answer first. Thanks, and welcome to the forum.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary