Visions of SugarPlums: Let's talk Black Friday 2017!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
edited November 2017 in KKH General Discussion

Is that Grandma's Pumpkin Pie we smell?
No, it's too early for Thanksgiving musings,

but the Anticipation for the
Glorious Black Friday Sale has a scent all it's own.
And that's the delicious aroma you detect. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_T5ov3IQ6U
That's right, you didn't think I could kick off a Black Friday thread without a little
Christmas Wrapping. Did You? (You almost heard the version by the Donnas
except in one shot the girls all give the one finger salute.
Enough about the music, this is all about the Holy Grail of Shopping....

So now, let's reminisce about Black Fridays of the past.
as we predict with hopeful anticipation all the Wonders
we hope THIS year's Event will bring.
And as we play in this thread, and hope for the moon, let's thank our most
anxious Doll @AlistJacey for inspiring the early start

Thread's not Open till somebody dances....

That'll do. Thread's Open.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13

Comments

• KKHJeremyyKKHJeremyy Registered Users 78 Posts
    OMG what if they do for Black Friday every throwback outfit on sale! And 50 percent off on k stars and money it be like heaven on earth ??
  • juliana28rjjuliana28rj Registered Users 18 Posts
    Wow!!!! It will be wonderful <3<3<3   
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    In the past there has been 50 % off all clothes, and hairstyles in the wardrobe. I know NARS makeup was on sale, not sure about features likes eyes and things, or color. 1 spent 160mstars for lavender hair for Apple, but the Androids can have it if hair colors are half off.

And the Star Sales. I know last year it was double Stars. So, yuo[d buy the large 100$ pack of 1250Stars...and got 2500Stars. That is awesome. Who can confirm these things without searching through our old threads? 9i’m pretty sure that;s how the star sale went).
    In the past, I don’t believe our spouses clothes and things were discounted, and I know baby items were not discounted. The sale has never applied to furniture, homes, animals, but..nvr say nvr
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • scarlet_1scarlet_1 Registered Users 42 Posts
    @kokokokonut when exactly is the sale? 
    Scarlet here!
    Daily KKH player • Level 36 • Currently A++ • Android •
    Black Friday. although last year the event/sale started Thanksgiving. Traditionally the day after Thanksgiving has always been a big selling day shops would open early & close late. it is a big Black Friday shopping event that kicks off the whole Christmas shopping season. Thanksgiving is Thursday nov 23rd, so it will probably start then, although tech, Black Friday is the 34th this year.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • scarlet_1scarlet_1 Registered Users 42 Posts
    edited November 2017
    Black Friday. although last year the event/sale started Thanksgiving. Traditionally the day after Thanksgiving has always been a big selling day shops would open early & close late. it is a big Black Friday shopping event that kicks off the whole Christmas shopping season. Thanksgiving is Thursday nov 23rd, so it will probably start then, although tech, Black Friday is the 34th this year.
    Ah in Jamaica We don't have sales like black Friday and if we do its really us just following America. We have this thing called restaurants week/fashion week where all participating restaurants and stores have sales for a week ?. That's the closest to a black Friday sale(unless you consider Grand Market on Christmas eve a big sale), we also don't celebrate thanksgiving. So its a little bit to keep up with the holidays in the game considering the fact they're based on American Traditions. And we don't celebrate any outside of Christmas and Easter.

But thank you? can't wait!
    Scarlet here!
    Daily KKH player • Level 36 • Currently A++ • Android •
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Lately there's been a trend of Black Friday sales here as well, mostly online vendors and international franchises. It's crazy, can't wait!

Hm, I believe there's a sale on energy packs. And I'd prefer if there's a 50% off on stars and cash, instead of the double amount. Oh, maybe a discount on the VIP subscription? ?

And of course, everything costing k-stars in the wardrobe is half-priced! Including hair dyes, lenses etc. Though I'd love it if everything goes on sale, cash items as well. Kollections too, I guess? ?
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    I've been excited about this since the moment I found out KKH did Black Friday sales! Ahh, can't wait! ?
    I I don’t ever recall a 50% off store packs purely because I don’t ever remember spending $50 on the big pack. At other times of the year they’ve had 25% off or 30% off perhaps once they have 40% off that rings a bell, but I prefer the double stars because -let’s face it I’m going to go through them. & I’d rather get twice as many stars then just 40% off. I may not be good in math but I know sale percentages from my days of pursuing purses.
    I’d love to see the sale extend to our Babies & NPC spouses.

Ooooh, the Holiday Gift Boxes start around the same time, orsoon after. I LOVE the Holiday Gift Bioxes!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I really hope we get holiday gift boxes, too!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    edited November 2017
    Last year we had animated Christmas tree swesters, ice skates, clothes..... someone feel like looking around in the encyclopedia or Google for last year's items? The years prior....boots, stickings, vlithes, antlers, Santa hsts
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    Yay I’m so excited! I keep itching to buy things but every time i’m about to spend k stars i remind myself to wait for Black Friday. I’ve also been doing offers like crazy to prepare myself. 

I wonder if Kollections will be discounted at all? Probably not, since they’re so new.

this is my first Black Friday on the game, can’t wait. I know i have my eye on some makeups for sure. What is on your guys wishlists? 
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
    edited November 2017
    And with Kollectons, you buy random boxes. That sounds so much like the giftboxes, I don'the think they would be discounted. But...NVR SAY NVR. (That's a video I don'the know if I could play for you. But now it's going over and over in my head.) I want to buy hair colors. The ones I need are the way expensive ones. Then I will have to buy the freckles, because I had light freckles growing up. I wish we could have more prizes this year for the more we buy. I know I'll be way over 500 Stars. Then buying stars at the sale, I see each doll spending at least 1000. There is so much I want. Lol. But this sale comes once a year.....I have weddings to buy for, honeymoon clothes, baby clothes, the ios needs clothes for her NPC spouse. I want to buy him a whole new face. Oh puhlease put spouse stuff on half price. Ok, i'm done, I haven't even started listing all the boots and shoes. Oh, 5 oclock time to relax and take a breath. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    And with Kollectons, you buy random boxes. That sounds so much like the giftboxes, I don'the think they would be discounted. But...NVR SAY NVR. (That's a video I don'the know if I could play for you. But now it's going over and over in my head.) I want to buy hair colors. The ones I need are the way expensive ones. Then I will have to buy the freckles, because I had light freckles growing up. I wish we could have more prizes this year for the more we buy. I know I'll be way over 500 Stars. Then buying stars at the sale, I see each doll spending at least 1000. There is so much I want. Lol. But this sale comes once a year.....I have weddings to buy for, honeymoon clothes, baby clothes, the ios needs clothes for her NPC spouse. I want to buy him a whole new face. Oh puhlease put spouse stuff on half price. Ok, i'm done, I haven't even started listing all the boots and shoes. Oh, 5 oclock time to relax and take a breath. Lol.
    Agreed, Koko, spouse stuff would be amazing! I want to give my beloved husband a complete 180 lol! 
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    edited November 2017
    I am going to blow so much on hair. But also those pearl around the ear earrings and maybe those yellow shoes.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    I hope they have everything in closet 50% off and double star on purchase pack also I hope all the tb best will be added to the closet and discounted that would be awesome.. I also hope they have discounted kollections and houses and pets and on weekends events having double reward like 2 whole outfits for a total of 1000 star  
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Last year this was the sale on Black Friday:

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Last year we had animated Christmas tree swesters, ice skates, clothes..... someone feel like looking around in the encyclopedia or Google for last year's items? The years prior....boots, stickings, vlithes, antlers, Santa hsts
    I’m sooooo looking forward to the holiday giftboxes, but we have to wait a little more, they started last year on December 9th and these were the items:

Girls

Guys:

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    THANKS linda. I had the first week in December rolling around in my head about when, but, remember the items weren't released INTO the boxes till our wonderful Glu God fixed things . I thought it was earlier........Let's be real. If I thought it would speed things up, i'do convince myself the special boxes start tomorrow. That late Linda? was that the initial release, or when the items were added a week later?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Now the girls sweater and shoes were both animated. Ok, even though you guys can't see it, my girls are dressing for the Holidays. I'll be lit up brighter than a Christmas tree, and I don't mean drunk. This year i'm hoping for even better clothes as prizes, the same great sales but expanded to cover more things........and fun events this coming season thst make us feel happy and merry and bright.
    https://youtu.be/2tHAPx5kb8s
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    Black Friday doesn’t exist here in Australia so have marked it into calendar already. Problem is we’re a day ahead of you time wise. So do we get it our time or yours?
    Going to be buying the largest pack of k-stars especially if we get double the amount. Unfortunately it cost AUD$159.99. Lucky iTunes gift cards were on sale 15% off. Loaded into my iPad awaiting sale now.
    I think the way they convert foreign currency is totally unfair. Its the same established game played exactly the same way so why do we have to pay more here??
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
    edited November 2017
    Everything is released at the same time for each of us, albeit with different time zones. Klena, whe our event starts here, Friday Morning 5a.m. Eastern, is it Saturday for you? It will run the same way. See, if we were on the phone 5 a.m. my time Friday morning, we'd both exclaim at the same moment "event's open" even though to me it was Friday, and you Saturday I assume. Did that help or confuse more?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    LindaVB said:

I’m sooooo looking forward to the holiday giftboxes, but we have to wait a little more, they started last year on December 9th and these were the items:

Girls

Guys:

Still bummed I didn't get the ice skates. Maybe this year they can make some that go on my feet
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm going to buy EVERYTHING I want, just like that no limits this time!

Just hope the earnables will be at least cute.

Think the Holiday boxes will be like Valentine's boxes this year, you buy them and send them to your friends.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    edited November 2017
    I hope they have a past Holiday Gb Sale they way they put all the Halloween things on sale. Oh, we can all buy everything we wanted but missed.

And ref the Valentines boxes...Aww, they can do the gift thing, but the daily holiday Gift boxes felt like the 12 days of Christmas to me, so I hope they have both!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I need to start my wishlist! I feel so unprepared. I know of one thing I'm getting - and that's the dragon. I didn't get it in the popup in hopes that it would be added separately and I'm patiently waiting for it to be 50% off. Other than that, probably some makeup and hair color options that I've been waiting on because they're so dang expensive.
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I thought *I* was supposed to be the one promoting things here, but last year you guys convinced me to buy gift cards in bulk. Look for sales now! I'm excited to talk to you guys about it when it gets closer
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I’ve also started making a wishlist. I feel like I’m missing so many new items, because at first they’re VIP only and you can’t even look at them, and then the VIP thing just goes away with no notification so it’s really hard to notice the new items.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • JasmineKKHJasmineKKH Registered Users 518 Posts
    I want hair colours, facial features, eye shadow, and lipstick to go on sale!
    iOS platform
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    edited November 2017

I want hair colours, facial features, eye shadow, and lipstick to go on sale!

OMG I hope so too! Those are the things topping my Black Friday wish list!!