Options

Visions of SugarPlums: Let's talk Black Friday 2017!

Comments

• Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    edited November 2017
    I hope the Holiday GB items of previous years will be on sale, too. I love last year’s Holiday box items. I remember the chance of picking them was extremely low in the beginning then the second week Glu changed the algorithm but I still missed some of them. Can’t wait to see what items we will have this year. I have to disagree with @Vats, I don’t want to “buy” those holiday daily gift boxes. They are such nice gifts from Glu in the end of the year. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    klenaklena Registered Users 679 Posts
    @soundspretty, I want the dragon too but in purple like the one in guys. Major case of jealousy ever since I saw @Angeline & Jon posted a pic of Jon with his dragon.
    iOS iPad 
    Level: 56
    List: A+++
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Right now I'm not even optimistic enough to think we are guaranteed the 50 percent off closet items sale we all expect. 

What I expect (after another storyline just ended with Maria telling me I make poor decisions because I refused the story upsell) is to be charged by Kris to attend the Kardashian Thanksgiving dinner, and when I refuse to use kstars, to be sat at the kids' table with P, North and Rob. 
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    edited November 2017
    My wishlist is so unbelievably long, but I want no I NEED everything on it!!!

Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Are Throwback items usually in the closet for Black Friday?
  • Options
    FindMeIfYouCABFindMeIfYouCAB Registered Users 56 Posts
    I'm hoping for discounts on everything. How cool would it be if they did half price furniture and cars? I've had my eye on that helicopter for the longest time...
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I thought *I* was supposed to be the one promoting things here, but last year you guys convinced me to buy gift cards in bulk. Look for sales now! I'm excited to talk to you guys about it when it gets closer

@KalindaKing, you work for Glu but don't get free KStars to play the game?! :o
    Come on Glu, give our Glu goddess some KStars so she can shop for her doll and promote the game!! ?
    Can't wait for more hints/ spoilers for the holiday season. ?

🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    KKHJeremyyKKHJeremyy Registered Users 78 Posts
    I would love if the wedding dresses went on sale I bought the 160 dollar one and it’s so pretty but I can’t get the other ones because there so exspensive I would love if they go on sale! ❤️
  • Options
    eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    My wish list is so massive. Last year I couldn’t buy much because I didn’t have enough k-stars, but now I do ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

it’s mostly like, makeup and hair what I want, plus some clothes from updates that are like months, even years old.  
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'd like a friendship exchange in ADDITION to the Daily Holiday Gift Boxes. Please please please glu, may we have a white fur muff to go with our fur trimmed holiday dresses? I've heard Black Friday will be sensational
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    edited November 2017
    I I don’t ever recall a 50% off store packs purely because I don’t ever remember spending $50 on the big pack. At other times of the year they’ve had 25% off or 30% off perhaps once they have 40% off that rings a bell, but I prefer the double stars because -let’s face it I’m going to go through them. & I’d rather get twice as many stars then just 40% off. I may not be good in math but I know sale percentages from my days of pursuing purses. I’d love to see the sale extend to our Babies & NPC spouses. Ooooh, the Holiday Gift Boxes start around the same time, orsoon after. I LOVE the Holiday Gift Bioxes!
    Hi Koko! <3 Double stars definitely!! Not looking for a percentage off; I want tons of stars too! Also, agree: I don’t remember ever paying $50 for the $100 pack. Anyway, it would benefit Glu more to double the stars. And make plenty of us very happy at the same time. (See above, *Double stars definitely!!*) If you’re buying stars to begin with, you get the package you can, or are willing or able, to get. I’m already seeing too many digits climbing up wayyyyy too much from a 1 in front of double zeros. Or was that last week?? Oh well, these things happen! Yes! yes, Yes, YES, HOLIDAY BOXES! Also, someone suggested a discount on VIP membership.... There’s no way to do that; it’s a monthly charge. How would that be for some people to be paying only a fraction each month while the people who already subscribe continue to pay full price? I would unsubscribe in a microsecond under those conditions. What I would love is a bunch of gorgeous new stuff suddenly appearing when the BF sale starts...and on sale too. Now *that’s* a gift. It could even be limited edition things; once the sale’s over, all that new stuff disappears. (Yes. Liking this idea!)  Limited Time Only. If you didn’t buy something or other there’s no second chances. Buy one, buy two, buy it all...but buy it *now* or you’re sh*t outta luck. Annnnddddd...bearing in mind that stupidly ridiculous prices, sale or no sale, would not be the wisest idea. Some of us know when to walk away. Can’t help but reiterate I’ve gotten really good at the promise I made to myself: ‘’beau, if you don’t like it, DON’T BUY IT. Like the SMC this week. Didn’t like it the first time I passed on it, didn’t like it this time either. No Sale. (This is in no way intended to offend anyone, so please don’t take it the wrong way. Everyone has different taste, that’s all.) But... I’m tired of wasting money on things I don’t like just because I feel I have to have *everything.* I do not have to have everything. *Almost* everything is just fine. So, I only slipped once. I KNEW that see-through dress, whatever it was called, I didn’t see any convo on it because the layout of the forum is just too awkward and frustrating to deal with on a phone. I can’t even figure out how to see threads from the last page instead of starting all the way from page one. You used to be able to reverse it, but if you can still do that now, I can’t find the way to do it. So yeah, frustrating. And too time-consuming. It’s just that off-putting and difficult that I don’t come here much now, mainly just to see what events will be, and the earnables and GBs. And *I don’t like* not being able to come here any more. I didn’t even put an av in place. Need to do that though. I’m sorry, Kalinda. It’s just so uncomfortable now, it’s like, you can’t just come and hang out, you have to work at it. And work isn’t a hang if it’s...work. I feel bad though. It’s like, you can’t just walk into your room and plop down on the bed. You walk into your room, and then have to wade through quicksand to do it. :( Anyway, I KNEW that thang was gonna show up pdq as an SMC. And I *knew* no way was I going to buy it. Buttttt...it looked really good on my doll, I liked the way art worked with it, and my doll has actually worn it. Unlike several other SMCs that’ve never seen the light of day. So that one ended up being a good purchase, lambasting myself unnecessary. Last—I LOVE THE HOLIDAY DECORATIONS!!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Well double the k-stars and 50% off k-star packs would essentially get you the same thing if you bought the package twice lmao. But yeah, last year was double k-stars (was the year before that as well?) but I don't think I've seen many discounts off k-star packs. They usually just give your more k-stars for each package.

Since they released the Halloween TB items this year I agree there may be a good chance we get the Holiday items too! The first year they had the special boxes I did not pick a single item and I don't believe I've earned any in my TB boxes hmph. Although to be honest, the prices are so high when they add them to the closet that unless you're dying for something, it's not worth it in my opinion. I would've loved more of the Halloween items but I didn't purchase any except the thigh high boots, only because I could wear them with other outfits. Remember when they had the Christmas hair for 200 k-stars? Yikes.
  • Options
    I’ve seen 25% off, 30 at either Mother’s Day or Father’s Day one year. And...in the past, you could not buy more than one of any size package. I could buy the large 100$ package, and I could buy the next size and the next size, but I couldn’t buy. 2 of the same size.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I remember that. Someone on here was upset because they bought a small package and wanted to purchase another one later in the weekend and wasn't able to. Weird that it's limited...
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    You could buy multiples of the same size pack last year. I think I bought 4 of the $100 packs. It lasted me until last weekend. Lol
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    That’s great. I remember disappointed players Or maybe it was an Android/ios thing. But. I’m looking so forward to it this year. Is it almost time? Are we there yet?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Another Pro Tip - start looking for discounted iTunes cards.
    I’ve bought $100 iTunes cards for discounts from 8% to 20%. You can always save about 6% if you buy the $100 iTunes card at Sams Club but I’ve found better discounts online.
    PayPal offered the 20% discount Black Friday weekend.
    Someone here found that sale and posted the link here on the forum.
    Last year I bought four $100 Kstar packs, which does seem decadent, but I bought the $100 iTunes card for $80. So I paid $80 for the $100 Kstar pack which was on special offering 100% more Kstars. So essentially I was buying 1250 kstars for $40 instead of the normal $100. I bought almost enough to get me through a year. Plus I also bought everything I wanted that was 50% off on Black Friday. I did the math last year to explain that discount but I have a headache. Lol.

Moral to the store - watch for iTunes gift card discounts AND share that knowledge here
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Last year, I got an $100 itunes gift card as a birthday gift. After I purchased a $100 double star package, there was another special sale window popped up offering me to buy another $100 package for only $69.99!! How could I pass such a good deal, right?! So I searched for a good itune gift card deal online and got a $100 gift card for $85. So, basically I paid $169.99 for 5000 KStars and still have some credits left for 2 SMCs!! I want that $69.99 deal again! Please Glu!
    Yes, if anyone knows a good gift card deal, please share! ?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    For Black Friday, Target will have a buy one Itunes card, get one 30% off
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    I need to change the look of my doll so my wish is for sale on hair, makeup and eye colours. Of course sale of clothing is needed as well.
    I need this hair & eye colours & this makeup:

Before & after:

Had to go for a lighter hair as details doesn’t show up as well in the darker tone hairstyles.

iOS iPad 
    Doll’s name: Kate DeMille (name of 2 of my favourite heroines from my favourite urbane fantasy author Ilona Andrews)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    KaylaJ said:

For Black Friday, Target will have a buy one Itunes card, get one 30% off

Awesome news thanks for it. We should pass this info along to all the threads,

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    For anyone who’s interested in iTunes gift cards: Link here >> https://www.thrifter.com/itunes-gift-card-deals-black-friday-2017?amp

Where to get discounted iTunes gift cards on Black Friday
    BY ALEX SMITH Thursday, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:04 pm EST

Black Friday is awesome. If you've been following the phenomenon in recent years, you'll know that there are always a few certainties when it comes to the biggest shopping holiday of the year. Huge TV at a crazy discounted price? Check. DVDs and CDs for just a few bucks? Check. Doorbusters that start earlier than you thought they would this year? Check.

Another Black Friday staple is discounted iTunes gift cards, and this year is no exception. These cards really are great stocking stuffers as everyone can find enjoyment through the enormous variety of digital movies, music and games iTunes has available.

The following stores will be offering iTunes deals soon:

Staples

The office supply store Staples is offering 10% off iTunes gift cards in-store through November 18. This offer excludes the $15 gift card and is limited to one per customer.

Dollar General

On Thanksgiving Day only, you can grab 20% off when you buy any two iTunes gift cards (other than $15 and '$15-$500' cards). The discount will be applied to both cards, and there's a limit of two cards per transaction. Dollar General's hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving.

Sam's Club

Beginning at 7 a.m. on Black Friday, you can save an extra $10 off the already discounted Sam's Club pricing on the $100 iTunes Multipack (four $25 cards). This offer brings its price down to just $84.47 which is just over a 15% discount. This deal is only available online. Sam's Club had an early Black Friday sale on Nov 11 which also offered this deal, along with a $40 Multipack as well, but the $100 Multipack sold out quick, so be sure to check early if you want to catch this deal!

Kohl's

You can grab a $30 iTunes Multipack (three $10 cards) for just $25 at Kohl's between November 23 and December 3. This offer is available in-store only and limited to two per customer (though you can probably return for more in another visit).

Target

Target will be offering buy one, get one 30% off on iTunes gift cards beginning at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving. The lowest priced gift card will be discounted upon checkout. This offer is similar to saving 15% on two iTunes cards of the same value.

Walmart

The deal here is already available in stores now, and will last through the end of 2017. You can grab a $40 iTunes Multipack (four $10 cards) for just $36 at Walmart.

Best Buy

Beginning at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving, the electronics superstore Best Buy will be offering the same deal as Target. Buy one, get one 30% off on all iTunes gift cards and the discount will be applied to the card of lesser value.

Walgreens

Not exactly a discounted card in itself, but Walgreens will give you a free $10 Walgreens gift card when you buy a $30 iTunes Multipack (three $10 cards) or a $50 iTunes gift card. You must be a member with Walgreens' free Balance Rewards program to receive this offer. This deal will be available from November 23 through the 27th.

BJ's Wholesale Club

BJ's deals are available starting at 7 a.m. on Black Friday. You'll be able to pick up a $50 iTunes gift card for $43.99 or a $100 Multipack (four $25 cards) for $86.99. If you're not already a BJ's member, find out why you should be.

Meijer

It's only available in a few states, but if you live in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Wisconsin, or Michigan, you may just have a Meijer close by. The store will be selling $25 iTunes gift cards for only $20. This offer is only available on Thanksgiving day and limited to three per person while supplies last. $75 worth of iTunes gift cards for $60 is pretty awesome... it's too bad this deal won't be available to more people.

Other Offers

We've already seen awesome deals come and go this month via eBay and Amazon. We're keeping an eye out hoping they return. Micro Center's offer for 20% off iTunes cards in-store seems to have ended. Staples offered 15% off iTunes gift cards online early on Nov 13 but they sold out super quickly.

We'll be sure to update this post in the event more deals are announced. Make sure to visit our Black Friday hub for more deals and steals.
    iOS iPad 
  • Options
    Thank you so much for this. iTunes charges me tax, google play does not. Check your local laws about tax or not.

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts

My wish list for Black Friday! I hope the eyes will be on sale but I'm guessing maybe not. At present I don't have enough kstars for all my desired items but still have a little while to earn some more. Otherwise I'll have to make some tough decisions haha xx
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    Is everyone excited for next week? I don't have a list. This year, unless it is a wardrobe necessity, the girls aren't all buying all the same things.
    Yeah right, like that ever works. Maybe I should do a list. That will help.
    List
    • 3 of everything

I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I hope we will have throwback items in the closet for sale, too. I'm ready to spend tons of KStars! Please Glu!!?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    edited November 2017
    I am SOOOOOOO excited for Black Friday!!!!!! I haven't made my list yet, just too many things I want lol. Only 6 more sleeps (5 if it starts on Thursday!) :#

• Options
    Oh, I’ve been wondering about Thursday too. Last year everything started on Thanksgiving which was awesome but then we did not have the midweek event running through Thursday night if I’m correct. Since I’m sure we have an event starting Monday morning, your guess is as good as mine. Perhaps they’ll start the sales on STars on Thursday and just do the sale of clothes and the event on Friday.
    You know maybe if we get really really really really creative we could get a few more hints from our Glu Goddess Kalinda! I am so looking forward to this.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    @kokokokonut I was wondering the same thing ... maybe the sale starts Thursday but the event starts Friday or something like that. Glu does love to surprise us lately ;)

Oh, I’ve been wondering about Thursday too. Last year everything started on Thanksgiving which was awesome but then we did not have the midweek event running through Thursday night if I’m correct. Since I’m sure we have an event starting Monday morning, your guess is as good as mine. Perhaps they’ll start the sales on STars on Thursday and just do the sale of clothes and the event on Friday.
    You know maybe if we get really really really really creative we could get a few more hints from our Glu Goddess Kalinda! I am so looking forward to this.

• Options
    @LindaVB How did you create that grid of your wishlists? I’d like to create one too. I have some of the items on your Wish List. The one i use the most is the pearls along the ear. Love it! You will too.

@klena I could kiss you right now! LOVE your article about discounts on ITunes cards. I was ready to accept that I wasn’t getting a great deal on them this year and then I read your article. My big butt will be hitting up a couple Dollar Generals so I can buy at least four of the $100 cards. I’m trying to convince myself that it will be enough. That’s what I spent last year and it got me through 11 months of KKH plus BF spending.

Holly
    I play on iOS