v8.1 Anticipation! (& Snowball Fight!)

Comments

• DanizzleDanizzle Registered Users 753 Posts
    The opportunity to send holiday gift boxes to your friends is coming soon!
    Oh my thanks @KalindaKing
    Hope Android will receive the update soon too
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Omg @KalindaKing you're the best, thank you so much!! ? So excited for them!
    Okay so I'm off to see those new backgrounds everyone is talking about. I get incredibly excited with new things inside our photobooth, I looove taking pictures.
    Loving the new update, thank you very much Glu! Can't wait to see the Holiday decorations inside our Bel Air homes ❤️
    I said that I am patient about the update. But later this week? How many palettes of Holiday giftboxes are we going to miss? I can wait for the update, but missing chances on holiday items makes me pretty upset.

Sooooo right
  • flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    I said that I am patient about the update. But later this week? How many palettes of Holiday giftboxes are we going to miss? I can wait for the update, but missing chances on holiday items makes me pretty upset.

Soooooo unfair
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Androids be like:

Any iOS player who has a male doll can share some news to their android fellows to ease up the wait?! Please! :blush:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • flissysumsflissysums Registered Users 307 Posts
    edited December 2017
    It's very unfair how Glu is treating Android players recently. I remember when we used to get the update just a few hours after the update for iOS, but now we have to wait for days! I also remember that sometimes we were lucky enough to get the update before iOS (so we know that's possible). It would be fairer to launch updates for all platforms (or at least Android and iOS) at the same time, so Android players do not feel like their money and their presence in the game matter less. We are the second bigger playerbase of your game, Glu.
    Android
    #LetMeBuyTheCottonCandyWithDiamonds #Please
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts

My game takes H O U R S to update. My wi-fi is secure and I have enough space on my device, I can't figure out what the problem is???
    It's just sooooooooooooooo slooooowwwwwww

I looked online and followed the advice to toggle airplane on, leave it for about a minute, then put it back the way it was. Then I turned on bluetooth. Finally got it. Good luck.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ZzzelenaZzzelena Registered Users 579 Posts
    edited December 2017
    What should Facebook users say? We get the update week or more after iOS. Usually I'm not that bothered, but this time I am, because of the holiday gift boxes. Also, we are the only platform that doesn't get the SYS event. We just stay without the event when that one is up on another platforms. If at least we could get some other event for the same items. 
    And of course, we don't have any videos for free Kstars. I didn't even know that existed for anybody before joining the forum.
    #newcomebacks
    Platform: Facebook
    Current lvl: 60
    Playing since release.
  • AdrieAdrie Registered Users 249 Posts
    I love the new update, my best friend and I are happy ?❤️
    •Player Since 2017
    •Married with the love of my life♡
    •HouseTime is AnyTime?
    •#HexagonianForLife
  • Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    I hope the update for us kindle users comes in time to get to win holiday box items
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Androids reading the holiday boxes thread:

• Silz1217Silz1217 Registered Users 731 Posts
    edited December 2017
    Guys there is a playroom!! Could that mean that eventually we will see toddlers ?? I wish!! Why is my husband so cheesy since I updated the game?? 
    Silz1217

IOS platform

K&k Chanel level 27
    kkh Rachele level 24
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Hahaha I noticed that my husband is the same! And he now has a red smiley bubble which he didn’t have before, I like how he’s a bit more interactive  @Silz1217
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Silz1217 said:

Guys there is a playroom!! Could that mean that eventually we will see toddlers ?? I wish!! Why is my husband so cheesy since I updated the game?? 

Yes, that was my hope, too, when I saw the playroom! Would be so great to see our kids age up (and I would love to try for a third-- i have two boys but want to see all the cute girl clothes, too!)

Also, my husband keeps saying lovey-dovey things to me now, too. It's not a problem, it's just kind of out of character for him because he's one of these negging NPCs that says stuff like, "i like your shirt, it goes well with what i'm wearing" and stuff. well, maybe he's getting therapy and realizing how good he has it with Everly and he should be nicer to her! :wink:
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    omg i can get that vip dress now? that's so cool!! yes! i've always wanted that floral dress but i kinda came to terms it was vip only.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited December 2017
    The new backgrounds are amazinggg! Loving them, they're so cute!
    Those new Kollections ??? oh my, I have two that I'm definitely going to be finishing. I started one already but I'm leaving the other one for our next VIP event, they're absolutely gorgeous!
    I did notice this tiny little gap in one of the hairstyles inside one of the new Kollections, I remember a past hairstyle having the same tiny gap so I'm wondering if it's supposed to be like that? Either way, super cute.
    So the new hairstyles ? F a v o r i t e s

Edit: those cute little messages from my husband on the pink/red bubbly thing have always been my favorite thing. They're adorableee
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    If any of you purchased the Erika Jayne SMC before the update, please change clothes to remove the outfit and then put it on again in 8.1. Let us know if you have any issues with it.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    @Silz1217 This will be so awesome. I had my baby boy about 2 weeks ago. So I'm still enjoying him but I can understand that senior players are tired of the babies never growing up ?
  • DelphineGarnierDelphineGarnier Registered Users 4,828 Posts
    edited December 2017
    I would be okay with the babies in my game staying babies. I still I haven't gotten to get some of the clothes. And how much can the kids realistically age up while the doll stays the same? I don't want my doll to have to age up and by the time she can finally gets the option to date Cassio, she's a Granny.
    Platform: Android

• AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    For anyone who bought the Erika Jayne SMC, is the hair permanently blonde? I really like the hairstyle but idk if it’s worth it if I have to go blonde ? 

as for the update, my thoughts are:
    — new pop up shop items are super well made and pretty (good job Glu!) but kinda pricey for something we can only wear once a year. 
    — love the new playroom! So adorable!! I also love the holiday decorations for the house. 
    — no new VIP gig? Bummer. No new featured items? Double bummer. 
    — Christmas gift boxes are too cute, I’m excited for the feature to send them to friends! 

I don’t have enough K stars to decorate the Ski Lodge yet so i don’t have any thoughts, but I do like that you can raise the amount of K stars and kash you make as time goes on ? 
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts

It's very unfair how Glu is treating Android players recently. I remember when we used to get the update just a few hours after the update for iOS, but now we have to wait for days! I also remember that sometimes we were lucky enough to get the update before iOS (so we know that's possible). It would be fairer to launch updates for all platforms (or at least Android and iOS) at the same time, so Android players do not feel like their money and their presence in the game matter less. We are the second bigger playerbase of your game, Glu.

Not to get all tin foily, but I suspect that Apple is paying Glu to release the iOS update much earlier than Android. Would seem like an Apple kind of thing to do.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    I'm so excited for the SMC, I didn't get it before, the jumpsuit with the green patch showed up for me.  I love her hair.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I love that the snow is back!! It's always the best part of the holiday update for me :) oh and the boxes! I had the pyjamas in my palette but didn't pick them...oh well, there's always tomorrow. I saw somebody above asking if we are getting the chance to win previous holiday GB items...I really hope so, as I missed out on the skates last year. I think we might as I saw somebody on the holiday gift box thread winning hair that I'm sure I won last year...

In terms of other items, I love the new kollections (even though the odds of even getting an item are really awful) and I *adore* the hat and hair that comes with the Christmas outfit in the pop-up shop...but I won't be paying over 100 kstars for the whole thing!! I can't wait to finally buy the coffee cup, too :smiley:

I haven't done the new Bel Air gig yet as I'm still grinding for the midweek event, but, even though I could rival the Grinch when it comes to kstars, I did buy the Christmas tree etc. for the living room, I think it looks amazing!! I do really want to buy the decorations for the front of the house, too, but I'm going to wait for a bit I think...I'm disappointed there aren't as many kash options as there were for Thanksgiving, but I also don't know if I can resist!

Those are my thoughts now...I'm off to see to my laundry IRL, and then to explore the update more!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    @AListJacey Yep it's permanently blonde. It's the same blonde as one of the short hairstyles, which is very nice. One of the blondes that I like very much.
    PM to add
    Yeah @DelphineGarnier I can see that but I think that if the babies are aging up, GLU will set it as a quest or something like that as for wedding or renewal of vows or even the process to get a baby. Maybe a simple button for aging up. But they'll surely let us choose. ???
  • AListJaceyAListJacey Registered Users 473 Posts
    @AListJacey Yep it's permanently blonde. It's the same blonde as one of the short hairstyles, which is very nice. One of the blondes that I like very much.
    Thank you @Naimonster! I know exactly which hairstyle you’re talking about. The blonde is very pretty but my IRL hair is pitch black and I like to keep my doll with it too, but the hairstyle is so cute I’ll consider it even if its blonde. Ah idk, I’m 50/50 lol

@tiramisu I felt the same way about the Christmas tree in the Bel Air House! I never spend K stars unless it’s A VIP event or unless I really really have to, but the Christmas tree was so cute and I needed it so I grit my teeth and just did it. I also love the little wreath you can hang in the main room ☺️
    KKH iOS player ✨

Looking for friends? Add me on FB here!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    It's so special having the Christmas tree in BelAir. really great. And the snow.....
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I got the wreath too @AListJacey ! The decorations are so festive, Glu really did a great job with them - impossible not to have a mini splurge!!
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Am I missing something? There are no new clothes in the closet? 

Sorry but is this how the game is going to be now with new clothes only in kollections and we get VIP hand-me-downs? 

As for the playroom: lame. As I've said, I HATE the Bel Air house. Are all future updates just going to add rooms to this overpriced dump instead of giving us new houses to buy? 

Bleh. And I couldn't care less about this brat who got a singing career because her sugar daddy bought her some producers and an autotune machine. Most overrated ~celebrity addition~ since Jonathan. 

Cant wait for the only new clothes to be the ones 'friends' buy for each other. I have no friends. They're all dead. And I like it that way. 

• littledollzlittledollz Registered Users 77 Posts
    I love that the *snow* is back!! AND, I'm thrilled that I could buy the VIP coffee (tea) cup even though I'm not VIP! Thanks, GLU!!
    Christine
    IOS player 
    Start date- Aug '14
    A+++